Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

...in the modern world

somnium
    somnium

Number of posts : 315
    Registration date : 2013-04-05

...in the modern world Empty ...in the modern world

Post  somnium Mon May 06, 2013 6:36 am

It really ticks me right off to no end. I have been watching the battle of cancer
    unfold for some time now, and finally we have a cure. ..in 2007. They found this
    drug that is cheap and unpatentable, gentle and effective against most types of
    cancer and it has been kept hidden. There is no money in it for an industry that
    makes millions from its research and pharmaceutical practices. Now that they
    know it works they are testing it with other drugs in combination. no wonder,
    that will make more money!! They have had many trials already and with great
    success too, and yet the money grubber side tried to pick it apart. It makes me
    sick.

Anyways the drug is called DCA. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/08/04/dca-and-turmeric-on-cancer.aspx
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

...in the modern world Empty Re: ...in the modern world

Post  SpiritVoices Mon May 06, 2013 10:50 am

Oh yes I read about that! I give to the children's cancer benefit,also because my husband died from Prostrate cancer.

Why are these benefits hidden? We give and give thousands of pounds every year. Where is that money going to? Why is the benefit of it not given to ordinary folks?
    We pay for the research that goes into the 'cures'.

Who is getting the benefits from it?
    The rich? Those who can pay for it?

Joanie

somnium
    somnium

Post  somnium Mon May 06, 2013 11:12 am

Joanie wrote:
    Why are these benefits hidden? We give and give thousands of pounds every year. Where is that money going to? Why is the benefit of it not given to ordinary folks?
    We pay for the research that goes into the 'cures'.

Who is getting the benefits from it?
    The rich? Those who can pay for it?

Joanie
    Quite frankly a large amount of the money goes to pharmaceutical companies to research new expensive drugs that do not work well. When the University of Alberta found one that is cheap, affordable, and not patentable everyone hushed it up the best they could. No more money for cancer research and no more money for the pharmacies. Well then it came the smear campaigns on the drug. They found a couple people who self medicated and had some side effects and so they post that. They forgot to mention that the drug has been used safely in humans for a long time now, and they left out the part of it curing most forms of cancer. Instead they focused on the very few types it didn't cure, which seem to be few compared to what it cures, Quite truly it seems to be a miracle cancer cure.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon May 06, 2013 1:51 pm

My personal opinion is...the truth should be shown. The failures and cures.
    So the public know what their money is being spent on. I am sure the public wouldn't mind if some tests were failures and some were good in treating a serious disease like cancer.
    At least we would know just how far the cure was advancing.
    My husband was on injections which didn't do a damn thing for him.
    he was told he had 18 months to live,he died after 5 months.
    His body was cancer ridden....

Joanie

Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Mon May 06, 2013 3:41 pm

...in the modern world 847787939 To many companies do this they give you a cheeper drug and charge for the most affective one all companies are guilty of this and unless the governments stamp it out it will go on.
    Namaste
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Mon May 06, 2013 4:37 pm

Well, to be honest, I would be more surprised if it were otherwise, i.e. that DCA was made
    graciously available to those that need it despite its low cost. Putting profit before people is nothing new in a consumerist society which has predominantly materialistic values. I do wish it were otherwise...........
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon May 06, 2013 4:53 pm

My own opinion is,if health is involved,it should be made available to everyone.
    Regardless of status or how rich anyone is.

We,the public are paying for the research into this 'cure' if that what it is.

Another aspect of this subject is ....if a very ill person,terminally ill,wishes to end their life,why don't the powers to be give that permission for it to happen?
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon May 06, 2013 5:25 pm

Joanie wrote:
    Another aspect of this subject is ....if a very ill person,terminally ill,wishes to end their life,why don't the powers to be give that permission for it to happen?
    I heard a radio programme on euthanasia. It seems to be problematic to grant consent since there is a worry that it will open up the gateways to abuse, e.g. carers who have had enough of looking after someone!
    somnium
    somnium

Post  somnium Mon May 06, 2013 5:30 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    Joanie wrote:
    I heard a radio programme on euthanasia. It seems to be problematic to grant consent since there is a worry that it will open up the gateways to abuse, e.g. carers who have had enough of looking after someone!
    Yuck. That is plain evil. I guess sometimes you have think like them to understand them. Personally I can not imagine a being who would act in that mannor, let alone someone who would place money over just one person's suffering. I am glad I believe in heaven and hell and the very perfect line that seperates.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon May 06, 2013 6:42 pm

i can honestly say that I have never ever met anyone who wished ill will against a relative or loved one who they were caring for.

We may moan occasionally to ourselves but the loving thoughts are still there.

I remember my husband saying to me one time after a particularly bad day where he was suffering from bad pain. He said 'you shouldn't have to do this'.
    I was so tired that day,just crawled into bed.
    But his words were always for me,worrying about me. I used to feel ashamed if I ever got a little impatient with him but that was pure tiredness.

He tried to make me promise that I would take his life if the pain got too unbearable.
    I feel ashamed to say I couldn't do it!
    So why am I moaning about Euthanasia not being legal?

I remember reading one of the Silver Birch books. It was mentioned in there.
    That we have a certain span of life and that life should be lived to the date of death. We agree to accept another life through reincarnating and live that life to the end.

Joanie

ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon May 06, 2013 7:12 pm

Thinking back to that euthanasia programme, the concern over abuse was mostly concerning care homes; they don't exactly have an unblemised record!

I feel our lives are our own and that the Government should not have jurisdiction over the major decisions we may take on it. It's a quandary really - whilst I feel life is precious, I
    can also see that the quality of the lives of many are severely debilitated through illnesses.
    I don't think I have it in me to end someone's life, even if it were legal....just as I could never
    have an abortion. Life is sacred.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:31 pm