Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Cassy7
Native spirit
innerlight
Violet
Whisperingteams
SpiritVoices
10 posters

Training for Newcomers to the Spirit World.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Training for Newcomers to the Spirit World. Empty Training for Newcomers to the Spirit World.

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Did you know that new spirits arriving in the spirit world enter training for communication through a medium to be able to pass messages to loved ones in the Physical World?

Joan
    Whisperingteams
    Whisperingteams

Female
    Number of posts : 288
    Registration date : 2013-07-10

Training for Newcomers to the Spirit World. Empty Re: Training for Newcomers to the Spirit World.

Post  Whisperingteams Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:27 pm

No, i didnt know that..that is interesting :bfs:
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Training for Newcomers to the Spirit World. Empty Re: Training for Newcomers to the Spirit World.

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:55 pm

Um....true....why we wait so long for a message from a newly arrived spirit person?    

I was surprised too.....:eek:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:45 pm

Hmm..... I had an Atheist come through  3 days after they passed during a sitting I had with a medium, they were clear and strong and gave me the most accurate information i've ever had.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:32 pm

I'm not sure if this information was given in a Spiritist book about the training of new spirit as they arrived in the spirit world.

The reason given was to help those relatives and close friends on the earth plane to know all was well and the spirit world and life after death was so very true...
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:52 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:Did you know that new spirits arriving in the spirit world enter training for communication through a medium to be able to pass messages to loved ones in the Physical World?

Joan

I would imagine such a notion would be for spirits that didn't already know how. As I've read of mediums that have connected within hours of the passing of an individual. I would imagine for spirits that are comfortable with such a thing and already knew of it, in spirit, it would be natural once they return back to spirit.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:43 pm

I see what you mean,Innerlight.

I suppose I was thinking of those new to spirit who had no knowledge that a spirit world existed.   Did not believe in an afterlife.
    Wondering where they were on entering into a world they had never believed in plus wanting their relatives to know that they were still 'alive' but in a spirit body,if we can call that.

I should  imagine that those familiar to spiritualism who pass over will have the knowledge to enable them to show signs to family and friends that they are 'alive'.

Joan x
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:28 pm

:happy: When someone new goes back to spirit.if they cant communicate on their own they have an enabeler its another spirit who has mastered the technique and able to pass on messages on the others behalf.

Namaste
    Cassy7
    Cassy7

Female
    Number of posts : 369
    Job/hobbies : Retired. I love walking my dogs by the sea, gardening and researching my family tree.
    Registration date : 2013-07-12

Post  Cassy7 Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:13 am

SpiritVoices wrote:I see what you mean,Innerlight.

I suppose I was thinking of those new to spirit who had no knowledge that a spirit world existed.   Did not believe in an afterlife.
    Wondering where they were on entering into a world they had never believed in plus wanting their relatives to know that they were still 'alive' but in a spirit body,if we can call that.

I should  imagine that those familiar to spiritualism who pass over will have the knowledge to enable them to show signs to family and friends that they are 'alive'.

Joan x

Yes, I had contact from my Dad the morning after he died.  He was a spiritualist and died quite suddenly of a heart attack during the night.  The next morning before anyone had phoned to let me know I woke up and felt there was someone in the house.  Then I found that the electrics in my house had gone mad!  The lights were flickering on and off, but it did not seem to be a power failure because things that usually need resetting when the electric fails (like the time on the microwave and central heating) were not affected.  Except that is for my clock radio which was flashing all sorts of odd symbols and continued to do so for hours, it refused to be reset.  The feeling I got from the "someone in the house" was one of huge excitement and release.  When I got the call to tell me Dad had died I realised it was him that was doing these things.  He had been ill and on constant oxygen for a very long time, and being a very active lively person before his illness I am sure his death was a wonderful release from these restrictions.  The lights in the living room continued to flicker for two weeks, and one day I said mentally to Dad "if it is you doing that, please just do it one more time and then never again".  The lights promptly went off for a couple of seconds, came back on again and then never flickered again.  It reminded me that Dad had told me when I was young that he felt that spirit energy is something like electricity!

Carole x
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:48 am

Wonderful proof from someone who has left us.   :hugz: 

My husband was an electrician so you can imagine the experiences I had after he died.    The most obvious one was my bedside lamp going off and on.      He had a great sense of humour.   I always used to read my book before dropping off to sleep.   He used to listen to his radio.   He didn't need the light to listen to that.
    But we used to friendly banter about me keeping the light on while I read....:giggles: 

Joan x
    Cassy7
    Cassy7

Female
    Number of posts : 369
    Job/hobbies : Retired. I love walking my dogs by the sea, gardening and researching my family tree.
    Registration date : 2013-07-12

Post  Cassy7 Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:18 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:Wonderful proof from someone who has left us.   :hugz: 

My husband was an electrician so you can imagine the experiences I had after he died.    The most obvious one was my bedside lamp going off and on.      He had a great sense of humour.   I always used to read my book before dropping off to sleep.   He used to listen to his radio.   He didn't need the light to listen to that.
    But we used to friendly banter about me keeping the light on while I read....:giggles: 

Joan x

Oh that's brilliant Joan!  Mom told me that after Dad died she was searching for something on her bedside table one night in the dark and suddenly a little light appeared enabling her to find it! :candle: 

Carole x
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:31 am

SpiritVoices wrote:Did you know that new spirits arriving in the spirit world enter training for communication through a medium to be able to pass messages to loved ones in the Physical World?

Joan

I consider this as highly inaccurate
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:58 am

The information about new spirit in training was included in a book written by Allan Kardec.   The title of the book escapes me for now.  
    I am sure one of our members on here will confirm that for me.
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:43 am

from the book: The Spirits' Book   Allen Kardec

The Soul

134. What is the soul?

"An incarnate spirit."                He could not be further from the truth.
    - What was the soul before its union with a body?
    "A spirit."                        again       He could not be further from the truth.
    - Souls and spirits are, then, the very same thing?   

"Yes; souls are only spirits. Before uniting itself with a body, the soul is one of the intelligent
    beings who people the invisible world, and who temporarily assume a fleshly body in order to
    effect their purification and enlightenment."         The soul creates spirit (an energy construct ) in order to be able connect    with a physical body

135. Is there in man anything else than a soul and a body?'
    "There is the link which unites the soul and the body."
    Of cause the soul is never in the body Yes the link is there, as well as spirit.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:25 am

Thank you,Detlef that is very interesting.    
    As I have just posted on the forums,we have no other option sometimes in accepting information from others or from books containing any information pertaining to any subject including spiritualism.

Joan
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:02 am

I read Kardec's work extensively in my formative 'early days' but as my overall understanding grew, based on other sources, I found that the ideas/teachings in 'The Spirits' Book' no longer had much appeal for me....
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:19 am

I enjoyed most parts of the book,Mac.     Mostly about the straight forward facts of spiritualism.    Not much difference in details from our reading of the typical books on spirit.

I would say the only difference between Kardec books and other authors on our version of spiritualism is Spiritism is based more on religion.

Joan
    kardecian
    kardecian

Male
    Number of posts : 249
    Job/hobbies : Funeral Service
    Registration date : 2013-06-20

Post  kardecian Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:19 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:I enjoyed most parts of the book,Mac.     Mostly about the straight forward facts of spiritualism.    Not much difference in details from our reading of the typical books on spirit.

I would say the only difference between Kardec books and other authors on our version of spiritualism is Spiritism is based more on religion.

Joan

Hi Joan,
    I'm not sure where your read that.  It may have been in one of Allan Kardec's books.  I think your post is accurate, and so are the posts from the others.  It would depend on the individual spirit that is entering the spirit world. Some will be confused; some will not realize they have even passed over; others will know exactly what's going one, etc. So, some are in a position to communicate quickly, while others will definitely need assistance from other spirits. So, it all depends on the individual spirit. But I think you are correct in your general thought here.
    kardecian
    kardecian

Male
    Number of posts : 249
    Job/hobbies : Funeral Service
    Registration date : 2013-06-20

Post  kardecian Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:24 pm

Detlef wrote:

The Soul

134. What is the soul?

"An incarnate spirit."                He could not be further from the truth.
    - What was the soul before its union with a body?
    "A spirit."                        again       He could not be further from the truth.
    - Souls and spirits are, then, the very same thing?   

"Yes; souls are only spirits. Before uniting itself with a body, the soul is one of the intelligent
    beings who people the invisible world, and who temporarily assume a fleshly body in order to
    effect their purification and enlightenment."         The soul creates spirit (an energy construct ) in order to be able connect    with a physical body

135. Is there in man anything else than a soul and a body?'
    Of cause the soul is never in the body Yes the link is there, as well as spirit.

Hi Detlaf,
    I don't see what this has to do with Joan's post. But, I personally think that Kardec's info is pretty spot on here. My understanding is like Kardec's, as most Spiritualists I know would agree with him. Your idea that 'soul creates spirit' is totally foreign to my ears. I've never heard of such a thing.  My understanding is that we are soul/spirit (probably simply a translation thing) and that only God can create spirit.  I've never heard of a 'soul creating a spirit.' Also, the soul is in the body. There is a link, but the soul dwells in the body.  Where did you get your information from?  Also, perhaps you should start another thread on this subject, as it really doesn't have anything to do with Joan's post.
    I get the feeling you are antagonistic towards Spiritism and Allan Kardec. If that is the case, perhaps you should start a thread on the subject and get it out of your system.
    Mike
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:35 pm

"It would depend on the individual spirit that is entering the spirit world. Some will be confused; some will not realize they have even passed over; others will know exactly what's going one, etc. So, some are in a position to communicate quickly, while others will definitely need assistance from other spirits. So, it all depends on the individual spirit."

Correct and a valuable lesson to those who heed every word from a discarnate as 'gospel' simply because it comes from a discarnate individual.

Not all discarnates (spirits) have equal understanding - or even much at all - about the world of the spirit, in much the same way that not all incarnates have either.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:39 pm

kardecian wrote:
    Detlef wrote:

The Soul

134. What is the soul?

"An incarnate spirit."                ............

Hi Detlaf,
    I don't see what this has to do with Joan's post. But, I personally think that Kardec's info is pretty spot on here. My understanding is like Kardec's, as most Spiritualists I know would agree with him. Your idea that 'soul creates spirit' is totally foreign to my ears. I've never heard of such a thing.  My understanding is that we are soul/spirit (probably simply a translation thing) and that only God can create spirit.  I've never heard of a 'soul creating a spirit.' Also, the soul is in the body. There is a link, but the soul dwells in the body.  Where did you get your information from?  Also, perhaps you should start another thread on this subject, as it really doesn't have anything to do with Joan's post.
    I get the feeling you are antagonistic towards Spiritism and Allan Kardec. If that is the case, perhaps you should start a thread on the subject and get it out of your system.
    Mike
    As the source of spiritvoices' posted material appears to be attributable to Kardec, surely the discussion of him and of Spiritism is relevant?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:49 pm

" But, I personally think that Kardec's info is pretty spot on here. My understanding is like Kardec's, as most Spiritualists I know would agree with him."  As a Spiritualist of some 30 years I would disagree that most other Spiritualists would agree with him....

"Your idea that 'soul creates spirit' is totally foreign to my ears. I've never heard of such a thing.  My understanding is that we are soul/spirit (probably simply a translation thing) and that only God can create spirit."  I agree with the first section of this paragraph but disagree that "...only God can create spirit."

If you mean discarnate individuals when you say 'spirit' then the way I understand things is that God doesn't create them.  Perhaps it's semantics getting in the way?

But if you mean the life-force that we call 'spirit', something found in everything and everybody, then God didn't create that either.  Spirit is and spirit always has been - there wasn't a point when it was created because that would mean that it didn't exist before.
    spiritone*

Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2013-07-08

Post  spiritone* Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:20 pm

My belief is, once we are Souls again, we have incarnated many times, so we have abilities we wouldn't have as humans. I understand that we as souls who want to contact the other side know we have to lower our vibrations and that the contact on this side has to raise their vibrations. I have never read anything about having to learn from a medium how to do that. Of course I haven't read the book Joan read. I plan on looking up that book now. Hope I can find it in the US.

I'm sure Mediums who pass have special positions on the other side.  It would be interesting to read a book that talks about that. Has anyone ever read one you can recommend, other than the one Joan mentioned?

:hugz:
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:54 pm

spiritone* wrote:My belief is, once we are Souls again, we have incarnated many times, so we have abilities we wouldn't have as humans. I understand that we as souls who want to contact the other side know we have to lower our vibrations and that the contact on this side has to raise their vibrations. I have never read anything about having to learn from a medium how to do that. Of course I haven't read the book Joan read. I plan on looking up that book now. Hope I can find it in the US.

I'm sure Mediums who pass have special positions on the other side.  It would be interesting to read a book that talks about that. Has anyone ever read one you can recommend, other than the one Joan mentioned?

:hugz:

Kardec's book may be available through online booksellers.  It's fairly interesting in its own right but I now find it awfully dated.

There's no telling whether mediums have special positions after their passing.  One might reasonably expect that they would but I'm not aware of any teaching/guidance which suggests that's the case and I'm not aware of any publication on this theme.

It may be of interest to reflect that there are few reports of former-mediums returning to communicate what they're now experiencing 'over there' in the etheric. They would be highly aware of the difficulties experienced in mediumship and would seem ideal candidates for becoming communicators from 'the other side'.  Yet that doesn't seem to be the case.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:59 pm

The book itself is very near to our idea of spiritualism.    
    I haven't got it here at the  ,out on loan to my daughter.
    I found it extremely interesting actually with more information regarding the subject of spiritualism than our own version here.

I must reread it when I get it back.     I would say it is definately more full of information about the ways of the spirit world and the life hereafter plus also how much more religion comes into it.   
    God is still God.    Not the Great Spirit as is known in the SB books.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:37 pm