Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Agartha
mayflow
snigdha
7 posters

Hi I am new here

snigdha

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2013-12-22

Hi I am new here Empty Hi I am new here

Post  snigdha Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:49 pm

I am glad to be here. I am a 24 y female from India.
    Hope to meet new people with beautiful minds and be guided more in the spiritual direction!  :si:
    mayflow
    mayflow

Number of posts : 894
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

Hi I am new here Empty Re: Hi I am new here

Post  mayflow Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:28 pm

Hi and welcome! :flo: 
    Agartha
    Agartha

Female
    Number of posts : 480
    Registration date : 2013-12-01

Post  Agartha Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:56 pm

Welcome, Snighda! Hope you love it here!
     :stars: :daisy: 
    Knight of Albion
    Knight of Albion

Male
    Number of posts : 568
    Registration date : 2013-12-18

Post  Knight of Albion Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:53 pm

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Snigdha.
    snigdha

Post  snigdha Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:12 am

Thank you people.
    I like the purple background and the butterflies and the beautiful smileys you have here. Looks like a fairy tale background!  
    I hope I contribute well to this forum as much. Love to all my new buddies here
    :megahug:
    Lenzabi
    Lenzabi

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2013-12-01

Post  Lenzabi Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:09 am

Very warm welcomes
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:09 pm

Wander around and enjoy a new Spiritual playground..  :welcome:  :si:  :love:

Post  Guest Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:43 pm

Hi and welcome.........
    snigdha

Post  snigdha Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:52 pm

Thank you all!  :rainbow:
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Number of posts : 1380
    Registration date : 2012-04-03

Post  eyeopen Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:57 pm

Hello Snigdha, I havnt heard that name before.

Welcome to the forum. Are you a hindu? Where abouts in India are you from? its nice to have some one from India for once, lol. As fa ras I know im the only one here from indian decent, and a hindu here in the Uk.

Although Lakshmi pops in now and again, you know the other half of Vishnu, lol.

Are you a Hindu?

snigdha

Post  snigdha Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:30 pm

Hi
    My parents are both Hindus, I grew up in Mumbai .
    I am not very much of a religious person though.
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:15 am

snigdha wrote:Hi
    My parents are both Hindus, I grew up in Mumbai .
    I am not very much of a religious person though.

Mumbai girl, nice, although I dont remember it much, is Juhu beach there? I remember Amitabhs Bhachans house, on Juhu beach and the other one, lol.

snigdha

Post  snigdha Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:55 am

hahaha! yes . Bollywood home it is. Are you into Hare Rama Hare Krisna.. Isckon temle..
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:42 pm

snigdha wrote:hahaha! yes . Bollywood home it is. Are you into Hare Rama Hare Krisna.. Isckon temle..

Hmmmmmm, this could be ncie to talk about, me I believe in basic Hinduism, Bhrahma-saraswati, Vishnu-lakshmi, Shiva shakti, Im trying to peice it all together as I know spirtually and things are different to the way it says in Hinduism, as most dont understand the spiritual side.

Hare rama krishna believes Kirshna is Bhrahman, supreme right? not in radha, or some do, but more so.....However I am also Lakshmi bhakt I do Lakshmi puja, shes like my mum and I love her so, so I cant imagine here not being. Im not sure if she is Durga maa, aka the mother goddess herself I call her Goddess devine, or if shes a shakti of her. But im still trying to figre that out.

Eg do you watch devon da dev mahadev? it shows different to Dwarkhadhees, that was on Imagine, aka gita stories? Which is different to the current Mahabharat.

what do you believe?

I dont know too much about Hare rama Hare Krishna, but not saying it is wrong either, some people are shivism, Vaishnavism or Shaktism, im kind of all.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:47 pm

Hi Snigdha, I moved your topic into our introductions section, good to see you posting  :flo: 

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    snigdha

Post  snigdha Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:36 am

Thats good to know. I prefer reading and following anything I like in any religion. My recent favourite is Lord Buddha( Gosh! he is so amazing!) Lakshmi is said to have many forms(avatars) and hence many names. Hinduism is so profound and amazing, however I like to know the real interpretation which is rare to find. I mean every story and every concept  has a deep meaning to it. It needs to be explained like how they preach in a church. Interpretation is the most important factor in my opinion. For eg- Lord Shiva is known to be residing in the Himalayas, now, in my understanding- It does not literally mean the Himalayas , it could mean something pertaining to the level of his consciousness -pure ,high up , peaceful , beautiful , hard to reach etc. I am no expert , this is my personal version of it.Then about Ramayana- I personally think it is not telling us about 2 groups of people fighting with each other and killing each other. I feel like - its about the good and bad thoughts in our mind, and that goodness always wins, irrespective of how powerful the negative thoughts are. Mythology does not interest me much. I am more into the God within each one of us. That infinite love and peace and goodness within all of us. Wouldnt it be wonderful if we all sort after the same inner love and peace instead of fighting on the name of religion. 
    I tried reading the bible on my own , and there were many things I did not agree to. My friend who is a follower suggested I look for interpretations to begin with. And now I see its so lovely. 
    I dont watch the TV series, do you like it a lot? It seems they are making a film on Lord Shiva too.

Hi there is this movie I saw today- Oh  my God! (bollywood)
    Its so funny and entertaining. Must watch for Krishna fans! Enjoy!
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:09 pm

Brahma, Eheieh, Amitabha Buddha or our Father…These are some names that we use to refer to one single experience: the Creator.

In a world where everybody wants to be right, we quickly forget that we are all united by a unique truth . We exist and this means that we have a Creator, whatever the name we give to It.
    Forget your definition of God for one moment and focus on the essential: the love you feel from the Creator and the love you feel for It.

To love our Creator is not about loving a God hiding in heavens. It is to love the people around you, it is to love what you do and what you are. If you are not able to love the person in front of you, but you claim that you are in love with God, your love is the one of a hypocrite. Open your eyes and you'll see that God has never been so close to you.

Hi I am new here Amitabha_buddha

Day of the Creator

This month is dedicated to the Buddha of infinite light.
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:42 pm

snigdha wrote:Thats good to know. I prefer reading and following anything I like in any religion. My recent favourite is Lord Buddha( Gosh! he is so amazing!) Lakshmi is said to have many forms(avatars) and hence many names. Hinduism is so profound and amazing, however I like to know the real interpretation which is rare to find. I mean every story and every concept  has a deep meaning to it. It needs to be explained like how they preach in a church. Interpretation is the most important factor in my opinion. For eg- Lord Shiva is known to be residing in the Himalayas, now, in my understanding- It does not literally mean the Himalayas , it could mean something pertaining to the level of his consciousness -pure ,high up , peaceful , beautiful , hard to reach etc. I am no expert , this is my personal version of it.Then about Ramayana- I personally think it is not telling us about 2 groups of people fighting with each other and killing each other. I feel like - its about the good and bad thoughts in our mind, and that goodness always wins, irrespective of how powerful the negative thoughts are. Mythology does not interest me much. I am more into the God within each one of us. That infinite love and peace and goodness within all of us. Wouldnt it be wonderful if we all sort after the same inner love and peace instead of fighting on the name of religion. 
    I tried reading the bible on my own , and there were many things I did not agree to. My friend who is a follower suggested I look for interpretations to begin with. And now I see its so lovely. 
    I dont watch the TV series, do you like it a lot? It seems they are making a film on Lord Shiva too.

Hi sorry will get back to you, been busy,

I heard of that film,
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Post  eyeopen Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:27 pm

snigdha wrote:Thats good to know. I prefer reading and following anything I like in any religion. My recent favourite is Lord Buddha( Gosh! he is so amazing!) Lakshmi is said to have many forms(avatars) and hence many names. Hinduism is so profound and amazing, however I like to know the real interpretation which is rare to find. I mean every story and every concept  has a deep meaning to it. It needs to be explained like how they preach in a church. Interpretation is the most important factor in my opinion. For eg- Lord Shiva is known to be residing in the Himalayas, now, in my understanding- It does not literally mean the Himalayas , it could mean something pertaining to the level of his consciousness -pure ,high up , peaceful , beautiful , hard to reach etc. I am no expert , this is my personal version of it.Then about Ramayana- I personally think it is not telling us about 2 groups of people fighting with each other and killing each other. I feel like - its about the good and bad thoughts in our mind, and that goodness always wins, irrespective of how powerful the negative thoughts are. Mythology does not interest me much. I am more into the God within each one of us. That infinite love and peace and goodness within all of us. Wouldnt it be wonderful if we all sort after the same inner love and peace instead of fighting on the name of religion. 

So you dont follow Hinduism yourself then? Which forms do you believe are Laskhmi? Do you believe in Durga? saraswati parvati mata and laskshmi or one? I understand how you mean, most hinduism is a story and differently shown on tv and as most perceive it to be. its only if you understand the spiritual aspects you understand it properly. Eg I have different views myself not sure what is what, different views, I know alot. Eg shiva shakti like pen and paper together they are something, without unmanifest. Shakti or is also known as kundalini and is the energy of the universe also. They are male and female energy.

I think with shiva he is known to be in the grounds of souls, etc and destroyer fo evil I think it respresents kundalini and the way it destroys the evil within and the ego, also as he resides in the lower dimensions and lower realms where lost souls are. I think they stand for many things.

I think the tv programmes do not show the truth.

As for the Ramayana did you mean Mahabharat eg 2 groups fighting?

I think they are deeply thought out as alot of places, eg Ramayan, Lanka which is now sri lanka and Krishna, Dwarka which si still there are there.

My mum talks and think differently to me, but I always say the truth wont be found or read, specially not mainstream. The truth si in a spiritual sense.

I went to a christian shcool, I think christianity is similar to us but said differently, eg they believe holy father son and holy spirit=3 we have bhrahma-saraswati, vishnu-lakshmi and shiva-shakti. Or maybe vishnu-lakshmi as holy father?

snigdha

Post  snigdha Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:08 am

I dont follow any particular religion. I would not say I believe or do not believe in teachings of hinduism. I just like to pick whatever aspect I like in any religion. 

Ramayana also had a fight between Rama and Ravana and their respective armies. I used to have a conflict inside my mind whether this is true or not. They provide evidence of the Setu still being there and other similar stuff. But I am now more focused on how I could benefit from this story , what exactly I could assimilate into myself to be a better person. That is the true essence of any scripture in my own opinion.

Even I went to a christian school. I loved how they pray- using simple words, not just recitation of something. The best aspect about their teachings was the fact that they preach that God forgives if you ask for forgiveness. He never gets angry or he does not punish you, does not judge. This thought is so uplifting in itself. He is Love, and not Anger! And that God wants you to be happy, he loves you whatsoever. This is so true! This way one becomes more of a God loving person and not a God fearing person. 

I simply love this freedom of knowing the teachings of different religions and practicing  anything that I like. Basically I like more of a liberal and open minded approach . I am working on it and would continue to do so even as I age , we are all students forever

To share one of my experiences - I had this idea that I need to pray to God so that He is happy with me. I thought I am expected to do certain things to please him and not do certain things because He might get very angry and punish me . I loved to pray but there was this fear. Deep within I felt this is not the fact. I cant express in words but it felt like- someone telling you false things about your own parents- you know how much they love you- and you dont feel convinced when people try to tell you contrasting things. This is very personal but I am sharing here. I asked God to show Himself to me, because I could not be convinced with what I heard from people. He came in the form of the movie -the secret. I began to look up for more explanations of the Law of attraction , about the universe, about the creator. I wont say that I know Him 100% right now but atleast I am on the right path. I know what He is like and what He is not. I dont feel any fear , I dont feel like he will punish me for any wrong doings . I feel liberated,free! This is probably the best thing that happened to me in my life so far.
    One of my favourites is Conversations with God! Its so amazing!!! Let me know if you would like to listen to it. 
    Others are also welcome to reply here and share your views and experience. We learn more that way.
    Thank you lovely people for having me here.  :love:
    snigdha

Post  snigdha Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:17 am

mayflow wrote:Brahma, Eheieh, Amitabha Buddha or our Father…These are some names that we use to refer to one single experience: the Creator.

In a world where everybody wants to be right, we quickly forget that we are all united by a unique truth . We exist and this means that we have a Creator, whatever the name we give to It.
    Forget your definition of God for one moment and focus on the essential: the love you feel from the Creator and the love you feel for It.

To love our Creator is not about loving a God hiding in heavens. It is to love the people around you, it is to love what you do and what you are. If you are not able to love the person in front of you, but you claim that you are in love with God, your love is the one of a hypocrite. Open your eyes and you'll see that God has never been so close to you.

Hi I am new here Amitabha_buddha

Day of the Creator

This month is dedicated to the Buddha of infinite light.
    These are beautiful words! Thank you for posting! His pictures are so soothing and I just feel at peace looking at him!  Recently I watched a movie on the life of  Lord Buddha. I loved this scene the most. So these handful of people come to Lord Buddha and ask him -if they followed his religion would they go to Heaven after they die? He asked them to close their eyes and ( I dont know how to put this in words)He took them to heaven(just their mind, they were still seated there) . He said Heaven is not a place but it exists as a state of your mind , its something you can experience anytime . They obviously became his followers. Its was such a powerful message! Loved it!
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:46 am

You know, I had a dream about Buddha once. I won't go into the whole thing here yet, but I was by a river and saw someone on a hill with a lot of people in a circle around him, and they ranged from young to old to healthy and sick and from rich to poor, but they were all helping each other and I thought in the dream "He has created a gravitational field of love!"

Hi I am new here Buddha%2BSakyamuni
    snigdha

Post  snigdha Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:00 pm

This one is another beautiful picture. Thanks. you know there is this chant - Om Mani Padme Hum. You can google its meaning too. I love to listen to this when I meditate. This is my favourite. I could even dance to this tune!!  :yeah: 
    You might love it! I am not allowed to copy paste the link here. But you can type this in the youtube search bar : 
    Om Mani Padme Hum - Original Extended Version.wmv

Initially I was not much into chanting, I thought I would do it only as long as I know what each word means. But I read that sound creates vibrations and that is how they work. Just like our thoughts create vibrations!
    P.S.- I like your profile pic!   flowerz 
    P.P.S.- I so love your emoticons! So adorable!
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:14 pm

I will check out the link this coming week. I have limited net access where I live. It is so beautiful and secluded, but there are drawbacks -
    The Jewel lies within the Heart of the Sacred Flower.
    snigdha

Post  snigdha Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:16 pm

sure!
    Did you tell the meaning of the chant? (the jewel..)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:01 am