Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
shayn
mayflow
Agartha
eyeopen
Kaere
9 posters

Ego

Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Ego Empty Ego

Post  Kaere Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:47 pm

Ego. Some questions...

Do you let your ego control you? For example, do you avoid doing certain things you want to do because your ego has decided it's not something you should be doing?

Can you recognize when your ego is calling the shots?

When we react to someone's words, is it ego or is it us, the real us?

Can ego coincide with being true to oneself?

I have my own ideas on ego and becoming detached from it, viewing the self, and understanding. I'm interested in yours *smiles* care to share?
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Number of posts : 1380
    Registration date : 2012-04-03

Ego Empty Re: Ego

Post  eyeopen Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Kaere wrote:Ego. Some questions...

Do you let your ego control you? For example, do you avoid doing certain things you want to do because your ego has decided it's not something you should be doing?

Can you recognize when your ego is calling the shots?

When we react to someone's words, is it ego or is it us, the real us?

Can ego coincide with being true to oneself?

I have my own ideas on ego and becoming detached from it, viewing the self, and understanding. I'm interested in yours *smiles* care to share?

Il be honest im not exactly sure what ego is, however I do get mixed vibes from different sources and its hard to tell what is what soemtimes. I know different chakras energies relay different info etc.

I know in one way having empathy does crush the ego somewat, as if u feel the other persons pain, hurt, etc or fear you understand why they make certain decision and do certain things however it alot of people use this and it becomes their ego, eg people whom have not really worked at it and dotn udnerstand empathy istelf can think tis right and hense so forth make wrong decisions and be so wrong but theyl never believe it. Eg you talk to some one and they ahev a spirit next to them, you ask them a question etc and they are nervous cus of the spirit or whom what in spirit will be affected by it and you decide they are lying, nervous, fearful, but dont know why.

In the opposite way others will judge those whom are scared as not liking them etc, trusting them, thats ego rite? Tells u what is what.

So that said how much does spirituality affect ego? alot of people have never felt known reiki energy hense judge it to be soemthing it is not, same goes for a spirtual awakenings on a different level, its like a different level of energy altogether.

Im at a very confused time rite now, trying to battle the ego, but not really sure what when it comes in.

Agartha
    Agartha

Female
    Number of posts : 480
    Registration date : 2013-12-01

Post  Agartha Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:49 pm

Ego can be both good and/or bad....you need some ego to love yourself and have self esteem but not so much that you only care about yourself.

I agree that our ego plays a big part on how we react to other people' s words and actions.

I think it's all a matter of keeping an inner balance between good and bad ego, just like we have to balance our feminine and masculine energy etc.

Post  Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:50 pm

My ego is gone............although many would argue that poiont.

I like making people smile.........which may make me look egotistical online

My fake ego is front and center when attempting comedy............
    eyeopen
    eyeopen

Number of posts : 1380
    Registration date : 2012-04-03

Post  eyeopen Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:23 pm

I still havnt worke dit all out, myself im finding deeper me meanings to life, deeper meanings to meanings etc.

I think things change in my mind, and its hard as I believe in God I do try and be good, however I dont know when I should not, or when bad is bad or good is good as our views and Gods are different.

Same as a highly enlighted person will look at an outburst, insult, lie, laugh, anxiousness, etc differently to us as they know the root of the problem.

People have bad eye sight, bad hearing, bad memory these to normal people cant be understood if not known.

Its weird, I I havt changed soooo much, but I do ask how much is to let ego go, or how much ego has taken over making me think im doing rite, when im doing things that dont work for me, make me feel worse of myself etc.

I stopped eating meat, drinking, swearing shouting, or do some time, stopped arguing, bothering into other peoples problesm etc, trying to be good but also trying to help others, at what whos expense? How much is needed? how much am I lying to myself? Ive got to the point where im ready to turn it all to find the truth, but how much is the truth? How much of what I know is real?

I say to myself im prepared to change all that I think is true so I can go to new heights, im prepared to let go, but how much is really letting go.

I have changed my life and tried to better myself and watch my karma so much, but truth is I was always good at heart, somethings are to a point where I think what is for me to be happy, what is to prove myself and what is just misdirection making things worse for me.

mayflow
    mayflow

Number of posts : 894
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

Post  mayflow Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:00 am

Well I suppose an ego is like some sort of pet, so if it wants to come around and hang, it's ok, but I certainly don't want to own one. They should be free to roam as they wish, same as me.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:43 am

i'm with you Agartha we need the ego to exist in this world. in itself like most thing in this world the ego is not a bad thing nor a good thing, it can be both or it is just a tool to help us around here and it depends how we choose to use it.

here is a question to you Kaere - what is the real us? is there a Real us? or are we just the combination of what we made of and what we make of it?

s
    mayflow
    mayflow

Number of posts : 894
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

Post  mayflow Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:09 pm

shayn wrote:i'm with you Agartha we need the ego to exist in this world. in itself like most thing in this world the ego is not a bad thing nor a good thing, it can be both or it is just a tool to help us around here and it depends how we choose to use it.

here is a question to you Kaere - what is the real us? is there a Real us? or are we just the combination of what we made of and what we make of it?

s

Getting pretty deep here...

In the Heart of Understanding – Thch Nhat Hanh's commentary on the Heart Sutra – he writes:

If you are a poet, you will see clearly that there is a cloud floating in this sheet of paper. Without a cloud, there will be no rain; without rain, the trees cannot grow; and without trees, we cannot make paper. The cloud is essential for the paper to exist. If the cloud is not here, the sheet of paper cannot be here either. So we can say that the cloud and the paper inter-are. “Interbeing” is a word that is not in the dictionary yet, but if we combine the prefix “inter-“ with the verb “to be,” we have a new verb, inter-be.

The observation that we “inter-are”, while true and poetic is not really the most important element of “Interbeing”. The important part is the realization that there is no independent self – that the perception of self, of “me”, of “mine” is an illusion.  Awareness that “I” am made of “non-I” elements leads to the understanding of non-self and it is the realizaton of non-self that brings an end to suffering.
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:31 pm

Love it! Excellent stuff coming from everyone  :astar: 

I'll think about your question shayn and will come back with my thoughts.

Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:35 pm

Ok.

what i think about the ego...

i belive to be able to move forward spiritually, we nee to learn to let go of our ego and listen to that tiny voice that's trying to get through to us. but apart from that i also belive that its good to have an ego because if we didnt we would not be in these situations right now on earth.
    Stirky
    Stirky

Female
    Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2013-04-14

Post  Stirky Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:43 pm

Ego, we all have one, it's just how we use it that matters.  :huga: 

EGO

1. The self, especially as distinct from the world and other selves.
    2. In psychoanalysis, the division of the psyche that is conscious, most immediately controls thought and behaviour, and is most in touch with external reality.
    a. An exaggerated sense of self-importance; conceit.
    b. Appropriate pride in oneself; self-esteem.

Post  Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:27 pm

My ego is beating me up...........today

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:45 pm

Right on there....petty ego means we only think of ourselves....
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:46 pm