Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
mia
innerlight
Soaring Bird
Violet
8 posters

What do you think the final journey will be like?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

What do you think the final journey will be like? Empty What do you think the final journey will be like?

Post  Violet Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:58 pm

Do you think we go through a tunnel as so many have described and meet loved ones at the other end of it? Or do you think our loved ones come to take us through that tunnel, do you believe there is a tunnel? Or do we just fall asl;eep and wake up over there or does it depend on how we die?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male
    Number of posts : 1225
    Job/hobbies : Guitar
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

What do you think the final journey will be like? Empty Food for Thought

Post  Soaring Bird Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:52 am

Well, A couple of years back, while sleeping I had a dream? it felt so much more than that. It felt real.I was standing in an empty street with terraced houses on both sides. One of the doors opened and I looked over. There stood my mum (mum actually passed away a few years ago) she was holding the door wide open with her back against it. There was such a bright bright light coming from it. I felt so happy to see her, she looked healthy, good, real. A s I walked up to the door she backed in through the door a bit. The strong bright light made her look like a silhouette. The light was pouring out all arond her> i put my foot on the step to step into the door but before I could step through the doorway the door shut. She was gone, the light was gone. There was a complete warm feel to it all until then. Then it felt dissapointing. But, if I had stepped through that doorway. If that door had not shut on me. Would I have died in my sleep that night?
    Huggles x :treehug:
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

What do you think the final journey will be like? Empty Re: What do you think the final journey will be like?

Post  innerlight Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:57 am

dun dun dunnnnnnnn....

Sorry... Nice story.. :giggles:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

What do you think the final journey will be like? Empty Re: What do you think the final journey will be like?

Post  Violet Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:49 am

I got goosebumps when reading that, thanks for sharing. I remember being told a long long time ago that a member of my family who had described they would getting into a boat to cross to the otherside, I think they must have been prepared what to expect by spirit, one day this person complained about how cold he was he died soon after, but I thought the boat was interesting, and I've probably forgot a detail or two, but I wanted to mention the boat as a means of crossing over as I've not heard that before.

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:06 am

I think the boat is a common aid to crossing over, as it's used in common folk lore. The boat that crossed the river Styx.

I wouldn't be surprised if it changed for people depending on how comfortable you are. To try and minimize people getting stuck between planes.
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male
    Number of posts : 1225
    Job/hobbies : Guitar
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

What do you think the final journey will be like? Empty Guides

Post  Soaring Bird Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:21 pm

I havent heard of a boat coming. Im hoping one of my spirit guides will come to guide me.
    Huggles x :treehug:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:45 pm

I'm sure they will SB :grin:

mia
    mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post  mia Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:06 pm

When I help grounded/lost souls home.
    A tunnel appears for me.
    I spose it's a portal.
    And relatives/loved ones always come to meet the one I have brought.
    Now, when my dad was dying, he would talk to his mum and brother.
    They were with him for months before he passed over, so, I think they guided his soul home.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:10 pm

Yes I believe that too, that loved ones will come and prepare us.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:43 pm

I'm digging deep here,all old topics but have found a few among the very interesting ones.

Do we sense when our time has come?

Are we giving warnings?

How would we feel when we sense that life is coming to an end?

Would you feel peaceful?  Would you feel afraid?

Or nothing?                                         How do you feel about the final journey?    Regarding leaving this planet?   When would we know we have crossed the divider between spirit and the earth?
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:08 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:I'm digging deep here,all old topics but have found a few among the very interesting ones.

Do we sense when our time has come?

Are we giving warnings?

How would we feel when we sense that life is coming to an end?

Would you feel peaceful?  Would you feel afraid?

Or nothing?                                         How do you feel about the final journey?    Regarding leaving this planet?   When would we know we have crossed the divider between spirit and the earth?
    There is a good book on people as they get closed to dying, whom lived in a hospice, called Learning from the Light. It talks about such things. I've also seen others say the similar things around their time of passing.

Where they have deep feelings of peace within them. They also all report feeling someone is with them. Comforting them..

I would imagine such experiences are more common for those who are at the end of the life such as from an illness. Where the passing is not out of the ordinary. As opposed to someone who dies suddenly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:45 pm

Thanks Innerlight.    I have a feeling I have heard of this book before but 
    never had the chance to read it.
    I've taken the title down.
    I know when my mother was dying on her last day here,she did keep smiling at someone.    Her eyes would open and look at me then her gaze moved a little as if looking at someone else.

The feelings must come through to us of peace and serenity.

Joan xx
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:16 pm

:peace: I used to be a carer in an old persons home i saw many pass away most had smiles on their faces,my mother was in hospital years before she had had a kidney transplant,when she was in hospital years later she was in tremendous pain,morphine couldnt take the pain away,all of a sudden she said the pain had gone she needed no pain killers at all, then she just passed away but two days before i saw my brother stand in the corner of the room he was waiting for her,my brother passed the day i was to be born,

Namaste
    partofme
    partofme

Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

Post  partofme Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:58 pm

Ive come to think that each of our journeys will be just as we want them to be.  If we believe in heaven, then heaven will be the final place.  If you wish to ascend, then you will. If you want to incarnate back to here or go no where at all, even.   Its up to us as to where we will end up.  This belief comes partly to watching these documentaries about people that have come back.  Each response is different as to what their dying experience was like. I ran across something similar to this the other night reading, if I can find it again..Ill add it.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:52 am

Looking forward to that,partofme...Always interested in what goes on in the spirit world...
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:28 pm

Today, when I visited my mother in the rehab unit of a nursing home, I had an interesting conversation with a man
    there about the after life.  I was in the lounge sat between him and my mother.  He shared that, years after his wife died, he increasingly felt her presence.  (He never re-married).  It filled him with such inspiration that he took up painting and enthused about nothing happening without god's hand.  It was a joy to listen too and he had such sparkling eyes for one so old.

(On the downside, my mother was very adamant that when we die that's it....i.e. no spirit!  This from
    a woman who is a catholic.  Nothing I said would convince her that just the body dies.  She got quite
    cross my even mentioning spirit and it became clear she associated it with the devil.  She has dementia
    but her beliefs probably spring from misplaced superstition.  She is Italian and they can be very superstitious. 
    It is sad that, being in her final chapter, she cannot derive the comfort from knowing that there is indeed an afterlife).
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:58 pm

I have the same with my son,Amy.    My daughter is a believer but not my son...
    He will not even consider there is another world outside of this one.
    He becomes quite angry when I bring the subject up....I know he misses his son,my grandson.    I don't feel any grief because I know Young Ken is happy where he is....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:31 pm