Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
mac
Auras
1antique
SpiritVoices
8 posters

Arrival into the Spirit World.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Arrival into the Spirit World. Empty Arrival into the Spirit World.

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:52 am

Transition into the Spirit world.

Evidence from the spirit communicators about the transition from the earth to the spirit world is similar to what we have learned from those who have had near death experiences. Some of these characteristics are being aware of being out of the body, travelling through a tunnel, seeing light, and being met by loved ones. Kennedy (1992) relates that we are guided to the spirit realms by guardian angels, and then have a reunion with relatives. Tuttle (1900) agrees that we are met by loved ones, who appear as they did on earth so they will be recognized. They then introduce us to a new life. Randall (1922) goes further and says we are met by friends, who are clothed in white and blending colors. Recent entrants to the spirit world have periods of rest and sleep to adapt to changes; this may require an average of two to three months in earth time. More sleep may be required if death is by violence or suicide, or there has been a long illness or history of maladjustments. (Kennedy, 1992) Deep sleep is way to restore strength in the spirit realms, just as on earth. Preliminary instructions may be given before the time of rest, or in some cases, it may be after.

Many people may be puzzled and confused at first, particularly if their method of transition is sudden. In these cases, various methods are used to make them feel at home. Often people pass over and do not realize it for weeks; they think they are dreaming. New arrivals are left alone to meditate and realize their new conditions, then are allowed to follow their own inclinations. Free will and choice is the same as on earth (Leonard, 1927).

Herbine (1919) describes a life review where opportunites that were passed by are seen as if in another's life. Everything is viewed, including acts and motives, and judged impartially and with mercy. One may receive insights into what was accomplished on earth - or not. The amount of universal love expressed on earth determines placement in the spirit world. After a time of rest, instruction, and meditation, a spirit naturally gravitates to the proper place. One can be held back, however, by the excessive and hopeless grief of those on earth. Minds in spirit life can affect those on earth, and vice versa. Peebles (1902) states that most dreams and impressions of those on earth are visions of immortality. Spirits are always with us.

Barbara N.Starr

Thought you all may find this interesting.....
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Arrival into the Spirit World. Empty Re: Arrival into the Spirit World.

Post  1antique Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:12 pm

Thank you for posting this.  :hugz:
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:20 pm

Many people may be puzzled and confused at first, particularly if their method of transition is sudden. In these cases, various methods are used to make them feel at home. Often people pass over and do not realize it for weeks; they think they are dreaming. New arrivals are left alone to meditate and realize their new conditions, then are allowed to follow their own inclinations. Free will and choice is the same as on earth (Leonard, 1927).

This is the bit that interested me.    

'free will and choice'

Thanks friend.....I put this up because I've always been curious how we would feel if we suddenly passed over and didn't realise it!
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:37 pm

Overall my beliefs of arriving to the spirit world actually depends on the Individual as they have free will and can do what they like. That does not mean they shall pass through the tunnel, they may stay on the Earth plane and dwell. 

All about your choice.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:06 am

It's understandable that reactions will vary considerably.  

Those with some understanding of survival, those who have looked into and discussed the situation before they pass over, should be more likely to take with them a sense of 'what comes next'.  Their adjustment is likely to be comparatively easy.

Those who have not had such an advantage, those who have been subjected to years of mainstream religious conditioning, those who have throughout their lives denied there's any such thing as survival beyond death may face a confusing situation and need help to deal with the shock of their new surroundings.

And then those who have left this world very rapidly such as after a car crash, a fatal incident, at the hands of a murderer etc. may need additional help to deal with the trauma of such a rapid transition.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:01 am

Exactly!   What are you all doing now?  Having breakfast?  Still in bed?
    Or just waking up?    You feel a little strange.    Something is not quite right.
    You still feel you are 'you' but a slight difference.    
    Something is definately not right.    You wander into the bathroom and look into the mirror,even looking to see if you have any more lines in your face from yesterday... :blush: 

Where's your reflection?  You may see a rather distorted view of your face or nothing is shown of your face.   Just the background of the bathroom is showing.

Wound that make you curious?   Would you be afraid?   You wander into the kitchen to say 'Good Morning' to hubby or wife and no one answers you.
    They seem oblivious to your presence there.    You are extremely concerned by this time.....what's wrong?   You ask yourself....

What would you do in this situation?
    Cassy7
    Cassy7

Female
    Number of posts : 369
    Job/hobbies : Retired. I love walking my dogs by the sea, gardening and researching my family tree.
    Registration date : 2013-07-12

Post  Cassy7 Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:13 am

SpiritVoices wrote:Exactly!   What are you all doing now?  Having breakfast?  Still in bed?
    Or just waking up?    You feel a little strange.    Something is not quite right.
    Something is definately not right.    You wander into the bathroom and look into the mirror,even looking to see if you have any more lines in your face from yesterday... :blush: 

Where's your reflection?  You may see a rather distorted view of your face or nothing is shown of your face.   Just the background of the bathroom is showing.

Wound that make you curious?   Would you be afraid?   You wander into the kitchen to say 'Good Morning' to hubby or wife and no one answers you.
    They seem oblivious to your presence there.    You are extremely concerned by this time.....what's wrong?   You ask yourself....

That reminds me of the film The Sixth Sense - have you seen it?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:59 am

Cassy7 wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:Exactly!   What are you all doing now?  Having breakfast?  Still in bed?

That reminds me of the film The Sixth Sense - have you seen it?
    Yes,Cassy....that was a great movie...must watch that again when it comes on telly.
    Who knows.....I might be typing this as a spook...... :happy:
    Knight of Albion
    Knight of Albion

Male
    Number of posts : 568
    Registration date : 2013-12-18

Post  Knight of Albion Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:19 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:Many people may be puzzled and confused at first, particularly if their method of transition is sudden. In these cases, various methods are used to make them feel at home. Often people pass over and do not realize it for weeks; they think they are dreaming. New arrivals are left alone to meditate and realize their new conditions, then are allowed to follow their own inclinations. Free will and choice is the same as on earth (Leonard, 1927).

'free will and choice'

Thanks friend.....I put this up because I've always been curious how we would feel if we suddenly passed over and didn't realise it!

I don't think things are as bad as they once were. Nowadays there is a sizable body of books and other such information on life after death/survival of the spirit. And of course a mass of NDE accounts. All of which helps to diminish the impact of the 'big black monster' that Orthodoxy has turned 'death' into.

That being said an awful lot of people still don't accept the notion of an afterlife, so the phenomenon of not realising you're dead is one we shouldn't really be surprised at.

'Death' is as natural as the changing of the seasons. Understanding this helps both to loosen your fear of death and inspires you to order your life to make the most of now.
    We can all help people by educating them. I always stay optimistic on this even when met with deaf ears. Because even if not accepted at the time the knowledge has been stored and at the needed time should kick in.

Life and death are two spiralling butterflies  :bfs:
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:44 pm

Knight of Albion wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:Many people may be puzzled and confused at first, particularly if their method of transition is sudden. In these cases, various methods are used to make them feel at home. Often people pass over and do not realize it for weeks; they think they are dreaming. New arrivals are left alone to meditate and realize their new conditions, then are allowed to follow their own inclinations. Free will and choice is the same as on earth (Leonard, 1927).

'free will and choice'

I don't think things are as bad as they once were. Nowadays there is a sizable body of books and other such information on life after death/survival of the spirit. And of course a mass of NDE accounts. All of which helps to diminish the impact of the 'big black monster' that Orthodoxy has turned 'death' into.

That being said an awful lot of people still don't accept the notion of an afterlife, so the phenomenon of not realising you're dead is one we shouldn't really be surprised at.

'Death' is as natural as the changing of the seasons. Understanding this helps both to loosen your fear of death and inspires you to order your life to make the most of now.
    We can all help people by educating them. I always stay optimistic on this even when met with deaf ears. Because even if not accepted at the time the knowledge has been stored and at the needed time should kick in.

Life and death are two spiralling butterflies  :bfs:
    A sceptic!    Nothing worse than that.    My grandson passed over nearly 5 years ago.   I have tried to persuade my son that there is a life after death.  I know he still grieves for his son...I've talked to him but with no success, he will not accept the FACT that his son is still around him...
    Yet he comes out with strange stories of dreaming about him...
    Playing with him when he was a child.  
    Some have it this gift of seeing spirit and some don't.    I'm in between,I hear them....why I believe....such a shame that everyone does not have the gift of seeing and hearing....
    That's life!... :eyeroll:
    Left Behind

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2012-02-08

Arrival into the Spirit World. Empty Probably both groups have problems. . .

Post  Left Behind Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:30 am

I suspect that both unbelievers in a life after bodily death, and conventionally religious people, both have a difficult time upon arriving in the spirit world. If there is no life after the body dies, but you are still alive, then obviously you haven't "died."

Similarly: if you were expecting a conventional heaven, hell, or purgatory, and where you are is different from your misconceived preconceptions of any of them: this too must be very confusing.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:42 am

Left Behind wrote:I suspect that both unbelievers in a life after bodily death, and conventionally religious people, both have a difficult time upon arriving in the spirit world. If there is no life after the body dies, but you are still alive, then obviously you haven't "died."

Similarly: if you were expecting a conventional heaven, hell, or purgatory, and where you are is different from your misconceived preconceptions of any of them: this too must be very confusing.

In other words,Jim no belief means utter surprise!
    That there is something 'up there' that we didn't expect......

(great to see you here,Jim..... :grin: )
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:37 am

It's possible that there is either a great shock/surprise when, after passing over, someone finds they are still alive and well.  It's possible, though, that it's much less a shock than we might think.

An individual may be more spiritually evolved than his/her last incarnation might suggest and trapped by the constraints of a physical body and brain few of us may be able to express our true level of spiritual progress.

Hadn't expected you to become a member but it's good to see you here.  :love: 

Last edited by mac on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling!)
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:01 pm

Thanks for posting this Joanie. 

Although I feel this short piece may be a generalised account towards what happens with certain people and how they passed, it obviously won't apply to all. 

What I don't follow is how Randall (1922) can quote a time period for newly arrived spirits to adapt to their new surroundings, when time is relevant to our world, but not to the spirit world. 

Neither does it make sense to me as to why a spirit can be held back by people's 'excessive and hopeless grief'. Yes, the spirit of our loved ones and friends will not want their loved ones on this earth plane to suffer and be overly distraught with grief, that's only natural. Spirits are not devoid of feelings, but they will have their own life to live and things they will want to do. And, if it is, as claimed, we are each responsible for self and how we behave whilst living here, then wouldn't it be fair to say this is applicable in the spirit world too?

I do wonder if people are as confused when they arrive in the world of spirit, as is made out. It's said we all visit there when we sleep. So, perhaps it wouldn't be such a strange and confusing place when our time to depart this world actually comes.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:14 pm

I do wonder if people are as confused when they arrive in the world of spirit, as is made out. It's said we all visit there when we sleep. So, perhaps it wouldn't be such a strange and confusing place when our time to depart this world actually comes.

That was going through my mind as I read your post,Skye.
    Sitting here on my own,thinking about this topic,I tried to put myself in to the position of a newly passed person.

Not aware I have 'died.'    I dropped off to sleep after lunch after trekking around the shops this morning and feeling worn out!  Woke up with a start and wondered where I was for a moment.  Strange home...(haven't lived here long) so was a bit startled!    Is that we feel after death has claimed us?
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:26 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:I do wonder if people are as confused when they arrive in the world of spirit, as is made out. It's said we all visit there when we sleep. So, perhaps it wouldn't be such a strange and confusing place when our time to depart this world actually comes.

Sitting here on my own,thinking about this topic,I tried to put myself in to the position of a newly passed person.

Not aware I have 'died.'    I dropped off to sleep after lunch after trekking around the shops this morning and feeling worn out!  Woke up with a start and wondered where I was for a moment.  Strange home...(haven't lived here long) so was a bit startled!    Is that we feel after death has claimed us?
    I wouldn't like to say how we each would feel when entering the afterlife. I can only imagine for those who practice any of the orthodox religions that they may be surprised to discover there is no such thing as religion. This may not be an instant reaction to them, for some will continue to worship their 'God' until they learn otherwise. As we will have eternity, there is no time limit set for anyone to learn the truth from beliefs.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:28 pm

skye wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:I do wonder if people are as confused when they arrive in the world of spirit, as is made out. It's said we all visit there when we sleep. So, perhaps it wouldn't be such a strange and confusing place when our time to depart this world actually comes.

I wouldn't like to say how we each would feel when entering the afterlife. I can only imagine for those who practice any of the orthodox religions that they may be surprised to discover there is no such thing as religion. This may not be an instant reaction to them, for some will continue to worship their 'God' until they learn otherwise. As we will have eternity, there is no time limit set for anyone to learn the truth from beliefs.
    Correct,Skye.
    Silver Birch stated in his book that we can still worship our own religion until we realise there is no set religion in the spirit world....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:57 pm