Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
annythist
somnium
6 posters

A special gift

somnium
    somnium

Number of posts : 315
    Registration date : 2013-04-05

A special gift Empty A special gift

Post  somnium Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:29 am

So I have been thinking just in the last two days that I love birds very much and have been sending them my energies and communications and intent to build relationships. I was thinking about an old budgee I used to have that used to talk and do many tricks like sing and dance and stuff. Pecker bird was his name, and anyways I had just about decided to get another bird. Anyways I went out to where I spend time with the birds and on the ground was small baby bird fallen from a nest. I waited all day but no mother came for it and so i went to touch it and it opened up its beak to receive nourishment. I decided then to help it and brought it inside. I read some information about starlings and found a site about starlings as a house pet and it says that you cant just help them until their old enough to fly because they 'imprint' on you, and learn from you your awareness instincts. It says most starlings love to be around their owners and are great companions for the most part. Noisy though but hey birds like to sing and tweet. Apparently starlings enjoy mimicking sounds too. So yeah I read that some dried cat or dog food and water is good to feed them for now and so I did it. Its really cute and totally dependant on me to care for it. I figure I wanted a bird and this one would surely die out in the wild without a mother and nothing to protect it and so this way i can get a bird and save a life. Not to mention the gift from nature.
    annythist
    annythist
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2014-06-03

A special gift Empty Re: A special gift

Post  annythist Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:59 am

Nature sends us beautiful gifts just when we need them.

:daisy:
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:11 am

Are you going to keep this wild bird or set it free once it is strong?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:09 pm

Hi Somnium..... :asmile: 

I hate to see birds hurt or trapped.   
    Brings back a memory of lifting a dust bin lid.   The rubbish men had arrived to empty the bin.   Placed the lid back and didn't notice there was a bird inside.

Poor little thing was fluttering trying to get out.  Went inside and called my husband who came out with a soft cloth.   He managed to rescue the bird by holding it gently in the cloth.

I put a soft blanket at the bottom of the box and he laid it gently in the box.
    It lay there for a while fluttering it's wings.   
    Kept an eye of all day it seemed to settle down with it's head tucked under it's wing.
    Left some water near bye but it didn't move....
    We were up and down all night checking it but by the next morning it had died.

I'll never forget that little bird,kept looking at us as if to say  'Don't leave me'....
    somnium
    somnium

Post  somnium Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:53 am

Oh Im so sorry to hear of your story.

I read more online about rescuing birds and it said that if they have their heathers to leave them outside on the ground for a few days because the parents are teaching it to fly. So I put it back outside and left it. I wanted a bird but to take one from its natural home seems wrong to me. So I will talk to my parents who have a small aviary and get a bird from them. They offered before and so I will take them up on it.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:36 am

Thank you,Somnium....one thing I hate to see is caged birds....
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:04 am

SpiritVoices wrote:Thank you,Somnium....one thing I hate to see is caged birds....
    Yes...I feel sorry for caged birds too....and fish in the confines of a tank - in fact, don't get me started!  :worry: 
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:32 pm

...and dogs tied up in their own garden.....no need for that if the fencing is high enough to keep them in....
    Spirit of Light
    Spirit of Light

Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2014-05-31

Post  Spirit of Light Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:06 pm

somnium wrote:Oh Im so sorry to hear of your story.

I read more online about rescuing birds and it said that if they have their heathers to leave them outside on the ground for a few days because the parents are teaching it to fly. So I put it back outside and left it. I wanted a bird but to take one from its natural home seems wrong to me. So I will talk to my parents who have a small aviary and get a bird from them. They offered before and so I will take them up on it.

Well done. I have a few ex battery hens, and rehabilitating them has been a right challenge. The first few days they didn't move, I realised this was because they couldn't move in their cages so they didnt know they could move now. It was so sad to see, but they are all happy now and wandering around pecking and squarking.

Please everyone don't buy caged hens eggs, it's so terrible for the poor birds.
    somnium
    somnium

Post  somnium Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:19 pm

Well I agree that some birds can get right depressed sitting in a cage with no attention all day. They sit and lose their pretty feathers too. Now I have seen many birds that live in captivity and so liong as they get to come out of their cages often and have plenty of interaction with their families then I have seen many happy birdies singing and dancing and playing to their heart's content. I would never lock a bird in its cage for long periods of time but realize that i need one to own a bird so I will most likely leave the cage open for him/her and let them fly freely around as much as they like. I like to buy some fairly large fake trees and fake plants with strong stems and branches to put in my house for the birds to fly to and land on, naturally with little toys and millet for them to snack on.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:11 pm

You are just a soft hearted guy,Somnium....... :grins: 

But I prefer that to a hard hearted bully who would leave his animals out in the cold all night..... *hurt£
    somnium
    somnium

Post  somnium Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:53 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:You are just a soft hearted guy,Somnium....... :grins: 

But I prefer that to a hard hearted bully who would leave his animals out in the cold all night..... *hurt£
    Thanks! I do try to be soft-hearted when softness is needed.
    Spirit of Light
    Spirit of Light

Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2014-05-31

Post  Spirit of Light Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:11 pm

somnium wrote:Well I agree that some birds can get right depressed sitting in a cage with no attention all day. They sit and lose their pretty feathers too. Now I have seen many birds that live in captivity and so liong as they get to come out of their cages often and have plenty of interaction with their families then I have seen many happy birdies singing and dancing and playing to their heart's content. I would never lock a bird in its cage for long periods of time but realize that i need one to own a bird so I will most likely leave the cage open for him/her and let them fly freely around as much as they like. I like to buy some fairly large fake trees and fake plants with strong stems and branches to put in my house for the birds to fly to and land on, naturally with little toys and millet for them to snack on.

You will need a special kind of bird then lol. Don't forget that most birds from pet shops have never flown before, they just glide from perch to perch so they will be very unfit. Also fake trees etc may sound a good idea but better to have a few natural branches instead. Of course check that they are not poisonous and that they have no bugs etc and have been sterilised. And bear in mind birds fly and poop....
    somnium
    somnium

Post  somnium Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:17 pm

Spirit of Light wrote:
    somnium wrote:Well I agree that some birds can get right depressed sitting in a cage with no attention all day. They sit and lose their pretty feathers too. Now I have seen many birds that live in captivity and so liong as they get to come out of their cages often and have plenty of interaction with their families then I have seen many happy birdies singing and dancing and playing to their heart's content. I would never lock a bird in its cage for long periods of time but realize that i need one to own a bird so I will most likely leave the cage open for him/her and let them fly freely around as much as they like. I like to buy some fairly large fake trees and fake plants with strong stems and branches to put in my house for the birds to fly to and land on, naturally with little toys and millet for them to snack on.

You will need a special kind of bird then lol. Don't forget that most birds from pet shops have never flown before, they just glide from perch to perch so they will be very unfit. Also fake trees etc may sound a good idea but better to have a few natural branches instead. Of course check that they are not poisonous and that they have no bugs etc and have been sterilised. And bear in mind birds fly and poop....
    Thank you, I have had many real-life birds. The problem with real trees is that birds will pick off the leaves and chew the branches. I am not buying a bird from a pet shop, but from my parent's aviary.

Why do you say I will need a special kind of bird then?
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 3:13 pm