Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Chico Xavier

GypsyDream
    GypsyDream

Female
    Number of posts : 158
    Registration date : 2014-01-20

Chico Xavier Empty Chico Xavier

Post  GypsyDream Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:16 pm

Hello, All! I wonder if anyone here knows anything about Chico Xavier. He was a very famous  and much beloved medium in Brazil. He actually testified once at a murder trial, and channeled the man who had been murdered.
      He said that the defendant was not guilty, and that the man's death had been an accident. This was considered to be admissible evidence, and on the strength of it, the defendant was set free!!
       Is there anybody else who knows anything about him, or who is a follower of his?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Chico Xavier Empty Re: Chico Xavier

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:39 pm

His name is familiar but can't place him...
    Very like the old band leader from years ago...but back to topic.

I'm surprised that,that was accepted as evidence.  Was he made to prove his evidence?
    GypsyDream
    GypsyDream

Female

Chico Xavier Empty Dead man testifies in trial

Post  GypsyDream Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:52 pm

Hi, SpiritVoices. All I know about this is what I read in Wikipedia. Here is what Wikipedia said about it. They use the word "psychography", which I think means automatic writing.

A very remarkable psychography which circulated worldwide, was about a case from “Goiania” (a Brazilian city) in which José Divino Nunes, accused of murdering his best friend Maurício Henriques, was cleared from the accusation by a judge who accepted the psychography as a valid proof (among other proofs presented by the defense); a testimony from the victim himself already dead, through a psychographed letter dictated to Chico Xavier. The case took place in October 1979, in the city of Goiânia, Goiás. Thus; the supposed spirit of Maurício, freed his best friend from the accusation of murder claiming that it had been an accident.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:59 pm

GypsyDream wrote:Hi, SpiritVoices. All I know about this is what I read in Wikipedia. Here is what Wikipedia said about it. They use the word "psychography", which I think means automatic writing.

A very remarkable psychography which circulated worldwide, was about a case from “Goiania” (a Brazilian city) in which José Divino Nunes, accused of murdering his best friend Maurício Henriques, was cleared from the accusation by a judge who accepted the psychography as a valid proof (among other proofs presented by the defense); a testimony from the victim himself already dead, through a psychographed letter dictated to Chico Xavier. The case took place in October 1979, in the city of Goiânia, Goiás. Thus; the supposed spirit of Maurício, freed his best friend from the accusation of murder claiming that it had been an accident.
    That is remarkable....it is nice to know that a message from the spirit world was accepted... :asmile:
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:15 pm

He's much better known in his own country than he is here.  Perhaps not surprising as there's a language barrier if nothing else....
    GypsyDream
    GypsyDream

Female

Chico Xavier Empty Kardec and Spiritism

Post  GypsyDream Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:24 pm

Chico promoted Spiritism, as taught by Alain Kardec. I have a book, I think it's called Book of The Spirits, channeled by Alain Kardec. But I haven't read much of it.

I also know Chico channeled something like 468 books. He gave away the money he made from their sales.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:29 pm

GypsyDream wrote:Chico promoted Spiritism, as taught by Alain Kardec. I have a book, I think it's called Book of The Spirits, channeled by Alain Kardec. But I haven't read much of it.

I also know Chico channeled something like 468 books. He gave away the money he made from their sales.
    I have read that book.   Plus another book by him sent to me a while ago.
    The Spiritist book?  Very interesting....
    GypsyDream
    GypsyDream

Female

Chico Xavier Empty Opening Book at Random

Post  GypsyDream Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:46 pm

That's great you read the whole book, Spirit Voices. I just open it at random sometimes and see if I can feel a special connection to what I find there.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:50 pm

GypsyDream wrote:That's great you read the whole book, Spirit Voices. I just open it at random sometimes and see if I can feel a special connection to what I find there.
    I used to that with good reference books...Great minds think alike...
    Well,off to bed folks ......see you all tomorrow.... :ghug:
    FoggyBog
    FoggyBog

Male
    Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2014-03-21

Post  FoggyBog Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:09 am

You can buy a book about Chico at the following URL: http://www.sgny.org/catalog/other-authors/chico-xavier-medium-of-the-century/
    If you're interested in him, go to Spiritist sites in England or the US (wherever you are).  In the US you can find Spiritist centers at
    http://www.ssbaltimore.org/spiritist_centers.html
    A good place to start in the UK is http://www.bezerrademenezes.co.uk/#!coark-board/cktc
    If you contact these centers, or brouse around enough, you'll get info on books written by him in English.  Most of his books are available in English.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:38 am

FoggyBog wrote:You can buy a book about Chico at the following URL: http://www.sgny.org/catalog/other-authors/chico-xavier-medium-of-the-century/
    If you're interested in him, go to Spiritist sites in England or the US (wherever you are).  In the US you can find Spiritist centers at
    http://www.ssbaltimore.org/spiritist_centers.html
    A good place to start in the UK is http://www.bezerrademenezes.co.uk/#!coark-board/cktc
    If you contact these centers, or brouse around enough, you'll get info on books written by him in English.  Most of his books are available in English.

That sounds interesting,thanks for the info,Foggybog...will have a look for that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:27 am