Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Cleansing - What am I Getting Myself Into?

Garden_guy
    Just joined

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2015-10-03

Cleansing - What am I Getting Myself Into? Empty Cleansing - What am I Getting Myself Into?

Post  Garden_guy Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:03 pm

Hello - 

I'm new to this forum and have a couple of newbie questions. I moved into a new house about 3 months ago. I love the house, it is 80 years old, but generally has a good feeling about it. Since moving here, I've had difficulty with insomnia (I'm sure for many reasons, one being that my new television has come on twice by itself at night, which I'm attributing to a manufacturer defect). I thought I would attempt to cleanse the house with sage, to eliminate any unproductive energy from the previous owners and truly make it my space, hoping it would help.

I have two concerns. 1)If I cleanse the space, it is possible that I upset anything that may not want to be disturbed? Basically, am I dabbling in something I know nothing about and should leave well enough alone? 2)We have a creepy attic (all attics are creepy to me). It's only accessible by drop down ladder and is mostly unfinished with exposed insulation. Do you feel it's necessary to cleanse the attic, and if so, is there another way to do it so that I'm not burning down the house?

I really appreciate any feedback or guidance you can give. I'm new to this type of spirituality and really don't know what I'm doing.

Thanks in advance,
    Rick
    Aqua
    Aqua

Female
    Number of posts : 314
    Registration date : 2014-12-11

Cleansing - What am I Getting Myself Into? Empty Re: Cleansing - What am I Getting Myself Into?

Post  Aqua Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:06 am

Welcome Garden Guy, If the house has a good feeling, I'd leave cleansing for now.

If you do decide to cleanse, it's best to do the whole house including the attic. You
    won't disturb anything.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Cleansing - What am I Getting Myself Into? Empty Re: Cleansing - What am I Getting Myself Into?

Post  Crystal Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:08 am

Garden_guy wrote:Hello - 

I'm new to this forum and have a couple of newbie questions. I moved into a new house about 3 months ago. I love the house, it is 80 years old, but generally has a good feeling about it.
    That's great, and 3 months is enough time to settle in a little too :)

OH, and welcome too :)

Since moving here, I've had difficulty with insomnia (I'm sure for many reasons, one being that my new television has come on twice by itself at night, which I'm attributing to a manufacturer defect).

Was the tv unplugged from the socket? Does it have a timer? Our tv has a sleep timer and it turns itself off and also on at pre-programmed times, but not if the plug is pulled lol. Why else do you think you aren't sleeping well? Does anyone else have the same problem in the house?

I thought I would attempt to cleanse the house with sage, to eliminate any unproductive energy from the previous owners and truly make it my space, hoping it would help.

Do you smoke? Sage is a strong smell a bit like some burning drugs. White Sage is the best and the thin leaf variety of bush sages.
    Why now?

I used to always smudge new places, all rooms, attic, cellar outhouses, but the new no-smoking rules especially about no smoking in the workplace make it impossibe now so I use incenses, citrus oils, sound or reiki instead.

I have two concerns. 1)If I cleanse the space, it is possible that I upset anything that may not want to be disturbed? Basically, am I dabbling in something I know nothing about and should leave well enough alone?

You are energetically and psychically cleansing the space. That's not dabbling. but you should take some basic training before as you seem to have a lot of concerns and those can fester if not put to rest totally.

2)We have a creepy attic (all attics are creepy to me). It's only accessible by drop down ladder and is mostly unfinished with exposed insulation. Do you feel it's necessary to cleanse the attic, and if so, is there another way to do it so that I'm not burning down the house?
    Lol, yes and yes.  No point in doing half a job.

There is a difference between cleansing a space and removing old stale energies of memories which is easy and should be done to make a space your own and build new personal memories there, and trying to remove a specific energy or potential paranormal problem.

I really appreciate any feedback or guidance you can give. I'm new to this type of spirituality and really don't know what I'm doing.

Thanks in advance,
    Rick

Not really sure what you mean by this type of spirituality, your questions could be more about psychic energy?
    Garden_guy
    Just joined

Post  Garden_guy Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:37 am

Thank you Aqua and Crystal!

To answer some of your questions: 

The TV was plugged in. It's a "smart" TV, so I'm sure there are hundreds of reasons for it to turn on. I am currently here by myself. This is a new house and new part of the country, so I do have some anxieties and stresses which can keep me up.

I do not smoke, but I sometimes burn incense, which can have stronger odors. I wanted to cleanse the house because I would like to claim the space/energy as my own without any residuals from the previous owner. We've also had several workmen, etc through the house. It's my understanding that cleansing is often done before people move in, and then at regular intervals.

What type of training do I need before I cleanse the house? 

Regarding the spirituality aspect, I just meant that I have not been all that spiritual in the past. So I'm learning.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Your comments have been helpful.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:28 pm

The TV was plugged in. It's a "smart" TV, so I'm sure there are hundreds of reasons for it to turn on. I am currently here by myself. This is a new house and new part of the country, so I do have some anxieties and stresses which can keep me up.

I do not smoke, but I sometimes burn incense, which can have stronger odors. I wanted to cleanse the house because I would like to claim the space/energy as my own without any residuals from the previous owner. We've also had several workmen, etc through the house. It's my understanding that cleansing is often done before people move in, and then at regular intervals.

I get the idea :)  It's always nice to put your own stamp on things. People cleanse for many reasons. As you already have incense you could use that to cleanse with? I am all for using what we already have. Or you could make your own spiritual spritzer with a small spray bottle and use some citrus essential oils and water shaken and then sprayed into each and every corner and to make it your own why not sing or say something special to you or introduce yourself to the house as you spray?

What type of training do I need before I cleanse the house? 
    It's not so much training but understanding really. You should learn about things like Grounding and Protection 

Regarding the spirituality aspect, I just meant that I have not been all that spiritual in the past. So I'm learning.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Your comments have been helpful.
    I suppose above all RELAX, enjoy your new home :)
    If you would like I will send you some reiki and crystalline energy, this is done distantly and you needn't do anything, just be mindful.

Being spiritual is such a big task but it need not be, baby steps, start a little each day, little things all add up, try sleeping with a mosquito lol!
    Garden_guy
    Just joined

Post  Garden_guy Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Thanks, Crystal!

I already have the sage, so I think I will use that in the main of the house. But, will take your suggestion to do some type of a spritzer for the attic, so that I'm not setting the house on fire! I will definitely do further research on grounding and protection. 

I appreciate your offer of reiki and crystalline energy. I will stay mindful and keep myself open to it.

Again, thank you for all of your help!

-Rick
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Post  Blueanchor Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:14 am

Hi garden guy, I think others have given you some ideas for cleansing rituals and they are great. But also, it can help to spend time focussing your feelings on how you want your home to be - so don't just put your things some place, try to connect to the space and feel for where they go. Perhaps give the place a new coat of paint listening to your favourite music, as the energy that you put into focussing on the space will be absorbed into it. treat it like a friend, love it, nurture it and it will return those feelings back to you.
    Garden_guy
    Just joined

Post  Garden_guy Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:55 am

Hi Blueanchor,

Thank you for your suggestion. I love your take on this! I have been painting and lovingly restoring this house. Treat it like a friend---I really like that. 

I did the cleansing of the home a couple of days ago. Immediately when I was finished I noticed a prism of light directly in the center of the risers of the stairs opposite the door. It was my sign :) While I didn't notice any discernible energy change that day (I was exhausted from the cleansing), the next day this house really felt like my own.

Again, thank you for your point of view. I'll remember this going forward.

Rick
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:06 am

Happy new home!  May I ask do you have an interest in gardening (re your username) just curious by the way.  Im pleased you've found some solutions.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Garden_guy
    Just joined

Post  Garden_guy Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:10 am

Hi Violet - Yes, gardening has long been a passion of mine. So much so that I recently started an online business around it. Thank you for your interest.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:46 pm

That's fantastic news, I wish you every success with that :congrats:

How is your house feeling now?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Garden_guy
    Just joined

Post  Garden_guy Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:56 am

Thank you so much! The house feels fantastic. I love it!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:12 pm