Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Law of attraction and self-responsibility

Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Law of attraction and self-responsibility Empty Law of attraction and self-responsibility

Post  Blueanchor Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:47 pm

Law of attraction is often written about as being purely energetic and I think there is a stage in life where it is an unknown entity. But when we are aware of our inner selves, it seems to be a matter of choice.

So today, I've had a day where I've been dealing with a difficult, frustrating situation and I'm feeling quite drained emotionally and for the first time in a long while I found myself thinking of a website I used to look at. The reason I stopped visiting it is because it was such a negative place for me. So today I had the thought to go and have a look at what was going on there now, but I stopped myself as I realised that what was attracting me there was my own feelings.

Instead, I'm going to have a lovely relaxing evening wrapping Christmas presents for my lovely family and remembering the beautiful people that matter most to me :asmile:
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Law of attraction and self-responsibility Empty Re: Law of attraction and self-responsibility

Post  ameliorate Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:06 pm

Good for you!  Whilst the law of attraction can teach us a lot, it does not govern every situation, i.e. can
    be overused/overplayed erroneously.  There are other factors operating which can be more influential, e.g
    unfortunate timing of being somewhere where a terrorist attacks....is that LOA/karma or just bad luck?
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Law of attraction and self-responsibility Empty Re: Law of attraction and self-responsibility

Post  Blueanchor Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:48 pm

Well my beliefs are this: law of attraction as written about in self help style books is pretty skin deep. If you are feeling confident and happy, your posture changes, your face smiles, your eyes look more friendly and you're far more likely to speak with a tone of voice that other people recognise as representing happiness. So it's natural to attract people that are also feeling happy and light hearted... "Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone, for good old earth must borrow its mirth, but has troubles enough of its own." It's human nature.

However, when it comes to karma, I don't believe that good is rewarded and bad is punished (again that seems like a human nature point of view ie, the way people want to see the world). But I do believe that at some level, we are living a life beyond those human perspectives of good experiences and bad experiences. I believe that there is a natural energetic force that brings us experiences that are meant to be - not because we are good or bad or have done something right or wrong - but because to understand our existence, we must experience it completely. Yet, do experience something completely doesn't need any awareness of that grand scheme of things, because then we would miss out on all of the feelings and thoughts that make us human.

It's a complicated belief system, but that's me hehe!
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:04 pm

Blueanchor wrote:Well my beliefs are this: law of attraction as written about in self help style books is pretty skin deep. If you are feeling confident and happy, your posture changes, your face smiles, your eyes look more friendly and you're far more likely to speak with a tone of voice that other people recognise as representing happiness. So it's natural to attract people that are also feeling happy and light hearted... "Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone, for good old earth must borrow its mirth, but has troubles enough of its own." It's human nature.

However, when it comes to karma, I don't believe that good is rewarded and bad is punished (again that seems like a human nature point of view ie, the way people want to see the world). But I do believe that at some level, we are living a life beyond those human perspectives of good experiences and bad experiences. I believe that there is a natural energetic force that brings us experiences that are meant to be - not because we are good or bad or have done something right or wrong - but because to understand our existence, we must experience it completely. Yet, do experience something completely doesn't need any awareness of that grand scheme of things, because then we would miss out on all of the feelings and thoughts that make us human.

Interesting division you have there between LOA and karma.  I think there can well be a symbiosis/interaction of the 2 phenomenons.

Life is so complex e.g. we get presented with some difficult/testing situations regardless of whether we are, predominantly, focused on positive/good deeds or not.   Having a positive mindset may just allow better ways of handling curveballs, not preventing them happening in the first place.  As such, learning to surf life's waves could be seen to have a better karma than one who doesn't.

Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:17 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:Well my beliefs are this: law of attraction as written about in self help style books is pretty skin deep. If you are feeling confident and happy, your posture changes, your face smiles, your eyes look more friendly and you're far more likely to speak with a tone of voice that other people recognise as representing happiness. So it's natural to attract people that are also feeling happy and light hearted... "Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone, for good old earth must borrow its mirth, but has troubles enough of its own." It's human nature.

Interesting division you have there between LOA and karma.  I think there can well be a symbiosis/interaction of the 2 phenomenons.

Life is so complex e.g. we get presented with some difficult/testing situations regardless of whether we are, predominantly, focused on positive/good deeds or not.   Having a positive mindset may just allow better ways of handling curveballs, not preventing them happening in the first place.  As such, learning to surf life's waves could be seen to have a better karma than one who doesn't.

The division is just to explain the differences, I agree completely that there can be interaction between them. Learning to surf makes life easier to move with. But as you point out, dealing with life positively doesn't prevent or attract the real big waves, it simply is a way of dealing with what happens.
    deep blue ocean
    deep blue ocean

Male
    Number of posts : 27
    Job/hobbies : Ascension assistant
    Registration date : 2015-12-05

Post  deep blue ocean Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:18 am

The Law of Attraction is not only over popularized, its also misunderstood. What is commonly forgotten is that the LoA works with conscious choices, the operative word being conscious.
    Most people are not conscious for almost all of the time. Usually we are reactive rather than responsive. We get triggered by external and internal stimuli, their input going into preprogrammed circuitry that is already there inside our brains and that has been put there through whatever has been programmed into us over the course of our lives.

This is not a free will choice, its a programmed reaction. Subconscious choices are not made and they will not help to attract anything. A person in a state of subconsciousness is a person to whom things happen without rhyme or reason. They are fully subject to all the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune without understanding why.

The whole purpose of studying oneself is to uproot all these programs and become consciously aware of them. Only a person who is consciously aware is able to make the choices that are expressed in the Law of Attraction.

This has to do with dimensionality. The higher self determines the timelines a person moves on. This manipulation may feel like it is a hidden hand that is contollling your life.

I have to be a bit more specific here, to avoid confusion. Your higher self is always there, and is always doing this. It guides your life according to the lifeplan that you have set for yourself. Incidentally, this lifeplan may also include karmic lessons which you desire to learn.

The difference between being in a conscious mode and a non conscious mode is that when you are conscious, you are more aware of the presence of your higher self and you can get in touch with it. When you do that, that is when all those synchronicities start happening.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:40 pm

I agree with you regarding programming and becoming conscious of that in order to take responsibility for choices. But I am not a believer in higher selves, although I can understand what people mean when they talk of their higher self.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:32 am