Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
sunrise
gloria
6 posters

Am I a medium?

gloria
    gloria

Female
    Number of posts : 78
    Job/hobbies : I love reading, searching in the Internet, looking at the sunset. And going out to get Frapuccino at starbucks, and going to read a book at Borders.
    Registration date : 2011-02-09

Am I a medium? Empty Am I a medium?

Post  gloria Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:28 am

Well I start off like this. I have been hearing voices for 13 years. They told me I have schizophrenia, but looked on online, and I read that I could be psychic. That's why I want to know what am I. Also the voices tell me things sometimes that are true, and sometimes I can communicate through the voices. They've even been telling me that I can communicate with the ones who've passed away.
    sunrise
    sunrise

Female
    Number of posts : 74
    Job/hobbies : art. photography; writing. spirituality, discovery
    Registration date : 2015-12-05

Am I a medium? Empty Am I a medium?

Post  sunrise Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:17 pm

Hello Gloria.

I have no idea if I am either?  

I have experience of hearing voices though, which I will place at the end of this reply, for you to scroll down to if you prefer?

My own pattern is slightly different though, because I have to deliberately tune in.

I set my personal frequencies as absolutely high as I can, reaching up in prayer or communication to the highest realms that I can imagine and feel for.  In order to facilitate this, I have spent many years working on my internal sense of self, checking and observing and through being rigorously honest about everything within me.   This way I feel that I am doing my best to avoid the lower regions where mischief may well lurk.

After that I can discern if the energy imprint is high enough.  The  intuitive feeling for loving energies, and  a lightness of  language and of delivery.  I then write down the words that whisper across my mind.  For me personally, I find the results very beautiful, and it is only when I transcribe my written copy, that I see what was said, and just how beautifully.  What is possibly daft, is that I still doubt that this is really happening , but I suppose that is the action of a careful mind just keeping me grounded, and avoiding illusions.

Now to hearing voices which occur of their own volition;

As a young child, I was aware of " watchers ".   Sometimes I would hear my name called, and I would run to see, and no one had called me. 

On one occasion, at a pivotal moment in my life, a voice yelled " No!" and I stopped and looked around.  I did not heed it, and you would not enjoy knowing that particular outcome!

Then later a medium said that I should get myself a second hand piano and learn to play. They said that I would enjoy it, although I would not become particularly good at it!  So A few weeks later I passed a one off sale of second hand goods in the High street of town, and there was the piano waiting with a price tag of just £25. 

Now to learn to play it?  I emerged some weeks later from a shop in the town, and as I recall it now, I can still hear the voice exactly as I heard it then. The same voice and same way of speaking.  It was the voice of my Grandmother.   " There is piano music in that shop over there " she said as plain as anything in my head.

Having heard that, although I found no music in the main part of the antiques shop, I found a good quantity by digging around in the back room!  I trusted the message and so persevered.

So you see, I do not hear voices in my head particularly often.  This means that I probably can not offer you what you may be hoping for. However, maybe there is something here to be useful or interesting ? 

Overall though, I would think, on my limited knowledge on this, that seeking the correct loving energy is what is important.  Any worrying, or incorrect messages may be of a different source.

I hope this is of some use?
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Am I a medium? Empty Re: Am I a medium?

Post  mac Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:41 pm

gloria wrote:Well I start off like this. I have been hearing voices for 13 years. They told me I have schizophrenia, but looked on online, and  I read that I could be psychic. That's why I want to know what am I. Also the voices tell me things sometimes that are true, and sometimes I can communicate through the voices. They've even been telling me that I can communicate with the ones who've passed away.
    Are you a medium you ask in the title of your thread?  It depends..... 

What does 'being a medium' mean to you?  In my eyes - and the way it's taught in the UK's Modern Spiritualism - 'being a medium' (mediumship) means helping bring about communication between someone living in this world and someone living in the next one, the role of the third-party - the 'medium' -  being to act as a channel for the communication.  I fully accept that's not universally accepted as a definition, others seeing just being able to communicate with discarnates as 'being a medium'. 

Here in the USA the terms 'psychic medium and 'spiritual medium' are often used to distinguish one from the other.  I personally say the former is a 'psychic', the latter is a 'medium'.  Neither is wrong, it's just down to different usage.

Based on whichever appeals to you personally, what do you think you are?
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:10 pm

mac wrote:
    gloria wrote:Well I start off like this. I have been hearing voices for 13 years. They told me I have schizophrenia, but looked on online, and  I read that I could be psychic. That's why I want to know what am I. Also the voices tell me things sometimes that are true, and sometimes I can communicate through the voices. They've even been telling me that I can communicate with the ones who've passed away.
    Are you a medium you ask in the title of your thread?  It depends..... 

What does 'being a medium' mean to you?  In my eyes - and the way it's taught in the UK's Modern Spiritualism - 'being a medium' (mediumship) means helping bring about communication between someone living in this world and someone living in the next one, the role of the third-party - the 'medium' -  being to act as a channel for the communication.  I fully accept that's not universally accepted as a definition, others seeing just being able to communicate with discarnates as 'being a medium'. 

Here in the USA the terms 'psychic medium and 'spiritual medium' are often used to distinguish one from the other.  I personally say the former is a 'psychic', the latter is a 'medium'.  Neither is wrong, it's just down to different usage.

Based on whichever appeals to you personally, what do you think you are?
    ooh are you back in the sunshine you lucky thing!

I think that if you have to ask then you are not a medium, or psychic. I believe that these traits are present from beyond birth and make themself very clearly known early in this life.
    Of course people can be developed, people can be trained and enhanced but that is not the same.
    Now where is that cat? :evil:
    AmarenLux
    AmarenLux

Female
    Number of posts : 212
    Job/hobbies : Nursing Student, Spirituality, Art, Hippie
    Registration date : 2015-12-04

Post  AmarenLux Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:28 am

It sounds like you are hearing spirits, Guides or your Guardian Angel this does not mean you have a medical condition.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:54 pm

I wonder about folk.....It's over a month since gloria started the thread but she hasn't uttered a word here since; go figure.

Why would a member start a thread, ask questions about her/his personal situation, get responses from fellow members but then not be heard from again?  :scratch:
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:55 pm

Your post brings to my mind of a popular, local medium that I once knew who was hospitalised and diagnosed as having schizophrenia. However, her personal experiences via the delivery and acceptance of information expressed through evidential mediumship was enough to prove to herself she had been mis-diagnosed. PLEASE NOTE: Contact your own GP or medical team for more information regarding the effects of personal, physical and/or mental health conditions.

No one person can tell you whether you are a medium or not. My belief is everybody is psychic and all have the potential to become a medium. Some people are fortunate in that their psychic and mediumistic abilities flow naturally, while others may be aware of the presence of spirit, yet lack confidence in their abilities and/or want guidance or training and development towards further development. Still one should perhaps realise that training and development does not suggest people will become a medium, although it should enhance any psychic or intuitive abilities a person has. Communicating with spirit is a responsibility not to be taken lightly as I'm sure you already aware of this. I suggest seeking out a spiritual centre or church, or look for internet sites that offer people the chance to practice and hone in on their skills before going out to the public.

Always take care and question the voices, there are those living in the spirit world who are mischievous and will be attracted to the vibration you express especially if you do happen to feel low in mood.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:16 pm

Excellent advice if the orinal poster is still around and following her thread....
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:30 pm

mac wrote:Excellent advice if the orinal poster is still around and following her thread....
    Hopefully my post can be of use to other people too mac.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:39 pm

skye wrote:
    mac wrote:Excellent advice if the orinal poster is still around and following her thread....
    Hopefully my post can be of use to other people too mac.
    Absolutely - sound advice and guidance for anyone aspiring to serve the spirit.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:53 pm