Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

"Where Mountain Meets the Sea," by Jack King

SofiaKarin
    SofiaKarin

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2015-10-29

"Where Mountain Meets the Sea," by Jack King Empty "Where Mountain Meets the Sea," by Jack King

Post  SofiaKarin Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:07 pm

"Where Mountain Meets the Sea," by Jack King, is a magical, Native American inspired fantasy that celebrates brave choices and will appeal to a wide variety of readers. It is set on the top of a grand mesa in the four corners region of America’s southwest where Sani, a very old and very wise Navajo man, prepares his adopted granddaughter, Topangah, a young Native American, Tongva girl of twelve, to take her very special place among her people. With the help of a group of gathered spirit guides (Eagle, Buffalo, Bear, Sasq’ets, Wolf, Turtle, and Beaver), Sani introduces Topangah to the great teachings of the Anishinabek’s Seven Grandfathers, to help her learn important lessons about life, love, and leadership.

This book is strong in bringing forward Native American teachings in a simple story form. It is a touching story of the passing down through generations of traditional teachings. The story helps the reader to feel the ancient teachings that are almost lost and yet still savable with efforts. In our constant scurrying about in our material world delusions it reminds us what is truly important in the world. This book inspired me and moved me on a deep level. Even though I'm hardly a young adult myself. The language makes it easy to understand a deeper meaning in the world around us:

"As we watch Eagle, we begin to know what it means to walk the Beauty Way, to be in balance. He reminds us our great power - knowing who we are ..."

This book can truly be read by any agegroup, but is aimed specifically to young adults. It is a book about life, love and leadership, sweetly inspired by Native American teachings. As in any well written young adult book it touches on serious subjects, and have something important to say about them.  

"Where Mountain Meets the Sea," by Jack King 5172eOUm-EL
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

"Where Mountain Meets the Sea," by Jack King Empty Re: "Where Mountain Meets the Sea," by Jack King

Post  Blueanchor Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:17 pm

It sounds like a good read, I'll look out for it.

there are some excellent young adult fictions, that leave me unsure of why they are deemed to be for the young and not for all.   :bfs:
    SofiaKarin
    SofiaKarin

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2015-10-29

"Where Mountain Meets the Sea," by Jack King Empty Re: "Where Mountain Meets the Sea," by Jack King

Post  SofiaKarin Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:07 pm

I agree fully. I walk into the "Young Adult"sections with joy everyonce in awhile. There is much there to offer. I found this book pretty much "all ages" in it's message.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:28 pm