Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
shayn
Violet
6 posters

Your Questions

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Your Questions Empty Your Questions

Post  Violet Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:54 pm

Originally asked by radiclol:Q in the little book i got with my new pack, it says 'reversed' then the other meanings, does that mean if the card is faced on the back or something? :S

A If you draw a card and the picture is upside down it is called a 'reversed card' and has a different meaning, naturally to get some cards upside down you have to reverse some of them yourself before shuffling them for a reading, personally I don't see any point at all and never reverse cards, partly because most reversed 'meanings' are negative and partly because I feel it's too much meddling with the cards.

Last edited by Violet on Sat May 29, 2010 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Your Questions Empty Re: Your Questions

Post  shayn Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:54 am

actually i do use the reversed meaning, sometimes it just make things much more clearer.
    sometimes while a reading i get a reversed card but i feel strongly that i must turn it to the right possition, so i do that. but note it to myself. as one more clue for the reading,
    yes, reversed cards tend to have negative meaning, but i made it my rule not to read negativity into my reading and into the cards, even to the most negative cards like the burning tower, and so far so good.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:39 pm

I should have put in that response that it is down to personal choice and that you should do what is best for you, some people prefer to work with reversed cards, and i'm glad to hear shayn that you are trusting your intuition when you feel they should be turned the other way :grin:

radiclol
    radiclol

Number of posts : 349
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  radiclol Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:32 pm

dear god, this book for 'beginners' is all centered on using ALL the cards, how do i know which are cups and stuff? lots of the minors just have pictures and no symbols.. i feel dumb haha

oh and it speaks about the celtic cross? shall i learn this spread?
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817

Post  innerlight Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:37 pm

They are depicted in the pictures. There should be cups, pentacles, swords, and wands on the cards in some shape or form. With the major cards of the suit having their name on it. Ie, King of Wands.. etc.. Cards outside of the suit should also have their name on them. Ie, The Hermit, Death.. etc.. I guess it could be possible that your cards aren't marked. In that case their should be some sort of symbol that correlates with the card to recognize it as such.

If you are using playing cards you would have to look up a guide as to what playing card means what.
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:11 pm

Code:
    radiclol wrote:dear god, this book for 'beginners' is all centered on using ALL the cards, how do i know which are cups and stuff? lots of the minors just have pictures and no symbols.. i feel dumb haha

my advice to you would be: first learn the major cards, those with the clear images, you can use only these for many kinds of readings. once you feel fine with these, learn the rest.
    also about spreads: it is good to know some spreads and the celtic cross is very usefull. but there is this 3 cards spread for past persent and future and some more, with time you will find which spread is most useful and comportable for you.
    give it time, it takes time
    and also, sometimes, you will need more then one book as maybe the book you read from is not good for you and another book will be better for you...again like finding the deck of cards you like the most, it is something to look and try till you find what is right for you.
    radiclol
    radiclol

Post  radiclol Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:21 pm

shayn wrote:
    Code:
    radiclol wrote:dear god, this book for 'beginners' is all centered on using ALL the cards, how do i know which are cups and stuff? lots of the minors just have pictures and no symbols.. i feel dumb haha

my advice to you would be: first learn the major cards, those with the clear images, you can use only these for many kinds of readings. once you feel fine with these, learn the rest.
    also about spreads: it is good to know some spreads and the celtic cross is very usefull. but there is this 3 cards spread for past persent and future and some more, with time you will find which spread is most useful and comportable for you.
    give it time, it takes time
    and also, sometimes, you will need more then one book as maybe the book you read from is not good for you and another book will be better for you...again like finding the deck of cards you like the most, it is something to look and try till you find what is right for you.

thank you guys :) both helpful! i'm taking your advice shayn and by the way regarding your other thread i'd be happy to help you with your readings send me one in PM whenever you're free :) i'll send you my name and location now x
    Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female
    Number of posts : 1292
    Job/hobbies : Job; playing with my dogs. Hobbies; playing with my dogs lol

Post  Rainbow Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:39 pm

I just look at the cards and see what they say to me, I don't bother with the book. I've not tried anything more than 3 cards up to now, I'm going to tie my sister up when she comes round and test a full spread out on her hee hee. She doesn't know it yet lol
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:16 pm

:rofl: Rainbow if you want to practice you can start a thread in our readings section if you want to, no pressure though, just know there's that option open to you

Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female
    Number of posts : 1292
    Job/hobbies : Job; playing with my dogs. Hobbies; playing with my dogs lol

Post  Rainbow Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:27 pm

OOOOH! Thank ewe Violet, I'll have to read up on how to do a full spread first though and I know what I'm like, these things come in fits and starts, I tend to find I can't keep it up for more than a few days at a time :blush:
    radiclol
    radiclol

Post  radiclol Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:32 pm

i've learnt more about tarot in the last week than i did in the whole of last year! i'm really getting into it since i received a reading off shayn which i'm still greatful for Your Questions 21581i woke up this morning and every meaning of the minor arcana stuck.. i knew it all and that never happens to me, i could never revise properly in school or anything as my memory is awful. the only thing i'm finding tricky are the court cards, they don't seem to be sticking as much as the rest of the cards and i have trouble remembering their meanings or connecting to them.. a book i have by juliet sharman burke uses mainly astrology in describing them and i hate it because it just confuses me.. i've heard they're different from the rest of the cards and some are messages (knights?) and queens and kings can be real people in your life.. but in the book it just is so confusing

can anyone help?
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:18 pm

hi love

first thing : Good for you to remember all the meaning of the minor cards...well done!!! so proud of you Your Questions 348985

now about the court cards.. these are really tricky, they can mean all kind of things...so what to do? you said you can't relate to them... how about spending some time with them, only with them,, look at them, talk to them, listen to them, write down what they are telling you. i also do not relate to Astrology,
    one the big picture, they can represent some aspect of personality, the person who is asking the question personality, or thay can stand for a person in his or her life, or a person that is going to enter thier life, or someone from the past. so which is which you ask.. not sure, you just know it while reading, and very often you get to talk with the person you are reading for. it helps to nerrow down posibilities.
    but it also can mean some kind of event...
    so i'd say you need a better book that the one you are using, one that gives meaning to these cards.
    ps: drop me your email in pm and i will send you something that may help you for start but then you will need to find more in a book or 2, and also practic, you understand the meanings while you use the cards

love
    s
    radiclol
    radiclol

Post  radiclol Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:29 pm

thanks shayn, i'm proud of myself too Your Questions 821538 oh yeah! it did say it can either be personality traits attached to the star signs but i cannot remember all of the traits and astrology doesn't interest me at all so i can't be researching them all! do pages always mean children or are they like the rest of the court cards? i've sent you my email thanks for your help Your Questions 21581
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:13 pm

Hey well done you Your Questions 114703

radiclol
    radiclol

Post  radiclol Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:27 pm

thank you Your Questions 28115 while you're online i may aswell ask another question, thanks to shayn i understand the court cards more but i'm getting mixed messages from sources. some are strict and say they mean people in the person's life but in the book i'm reading pages are simply 'new beginnings', no mention of them being a possible figure.. i'm confused again Your Questions 671114
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:58 pm

Your Questions 671114 I just lost a post Your Questions 825910

Hi Radiclol, they can refer to people or situations, if it's any help the books always confused me too, so I got rid of it, i'm not suggesting you do that, but i'd try a few readings without it, only using the book if you get really stuck.

If you want people to practice on, you are welcome to start a thread in our readings section, do make it clear the readings are for practice though. I'm sure our members will be willing to volunteer and we all have to start somewhere Your Questions 21581

shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:06 am

Violet wrote:Your Questions 671114 I just lost a post Your Questions 825910

Hi Radiclol, they can refer to people or situations, if it's any help the books always confused me too, so I got rid of it, i'm not suggesting you do that, but i'd try a few readings without it, only using the book if you get really stuck.

If you want people to practice on, you are welcome to start a thread in our readings section, do make it clear the readings are for practice though. I'm sure our members will be willing to volunteer and we all have to start somewhere Your Questions 21581

hi rad
    i think it is a great idea violet suggested... start practicing, it is hard to read for oneself and you understand it only when you start reading to others how hard it is to read to yourself. and i think you are to the point when practice is needed... so think about it.. and we all very supportive here.

as for the court cards...yes they are tricky and they can mean both things as violet stated.. people, peronality aspects and situations.....
    and yes, the more books you read the more comfuse you will get, books tend to sound the same and then don't really say the same thing.. so if you use books, use them as a starting point but trust your feelings from the cards. this is why i think it is important to spend time with each card, look at it, learn it from your heart by listening to what it tells you, and especially listen to yourself during a reading.

hope this helps, and one more thing, give yourself time, time to let everything in.

shayn
    radiclol
    radiclol

Post  radiclol Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:37 pm

only just seen this shayn but yeah i totally agree. i'm still going to attempt to read a few more books just for the hell of it, i don't think i'm at the stage of giving readings to people on here even as my confidence is soo low i'd feel embarrassed! did you learn to give readings based on the meanings first before you started to psychically read them?

how do you start psychically reading them? do you just get a feeling/[insert clair here] of something and if the card meaning validates it you mention it? i don't really get much from the cards yet in terms of intuition but hopefully i will soon. Your Questions 28115

ps. i am such a bad shuffler i CAN'T do it, god help me if i ever do a reading face to face..

Your Questions 21581 thanks you two
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:44 pm

Re shuffling Radiclol, when you do face to face you can ask the person you are reading for to shuffle the cards.

I struggle with shuffling too sometimes, you can just lay them all face down in a heap and mix them up that way or count out piles and mix them up that way, or simply make lots of little stacks and randomly stack them back up into one big pile again, doing this a few times should mix them up well.

shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:06 am

hi Rad

i agree with violet... sometimes when i can shuffle them.. i just spread them on the bed face down, look at them and take those that i feel "calling" me...
    else: practice and practice some more... the more relaxed you get the easier it will get... don't give up.

about the psychically reading: the turth is that i couldn't bring myself remembering the meaning of the cards.. just can't remember them...no matter how many times i read it, it doesn't stuck..and believe me it is very emberrsing as i sometimes teach and i just need my notes :)
    this not remembering blocked me for many years from trying and use the cards..and then i told myself.. i used to use the cards before i learnt anything about them,, before reading books nor going to classes.. so why not do what worked best for me.. and i just look at the cards and listen.. listen to what they tell me. the pictures are very important to me, i find out i can't use any deck for reading i need to feel something from the pictures there...and when the pictures are talking with me, then i can read it.. or better say get the message.
    if you want something to help you on that direction: take a piece of papre and a pen and take one card at a time.. make sure you have enough free time for doing that... relax and just look at the card and at one point when you feel ready write down what you get.. if you feel blocked or that you get nothing, don't give up, look at the card and write on the papre what you see.. red colours.. a man standing,, a house.. and so on,, maybe sounds stupid at first but keep up with it.. and you see it will develop with time into much more...but don't push yourself.. one card a day..

hope this helps

s
    radiclol
    radiclol

Post  radiclol Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:28 am

thanks for the email shayn, hotmails changed and i can't reply for now! i've just ordered the book you mentioned and also 'seventy eight degrees of wisdom' by rachel pollack but reading reviews it seems to be more for an experienced reader Your Questions 671114 oh and i thought i'd get the sharman-caselli while i was getting free delivery! i remember violet mentioning it, i really like the deck from looking online and i have a book that concentrates on it so i hope i connect with it.

now to feel the guilt of spending money i shouldn't be :(
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:57 pm

enjoy spending this money.. i love buying taort books and decks...
    it seems you are on the right path... i also wanted to get rachel pollack book, - let me know what you think about it
    and if you have more questions...
    ask

s
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:39 pm

radiclol wrote:thanks for the email shayn, hotmails changed and i can't reply for now! i've just ordered the book you mentioned and also 'seventy eight degrees of wisdom' by rachel pollack but reading reviews it seems to be more for an experienced reader Your Questions 671114 oh and i thought i'd get the sharman-caselli while i was getting free delivery! i remember violet mentioning it, i really like the deck from looking online and i have a book that concentrates on it so i hope i connect with it.

now to feel the guilt of spending money i shouldn't be :(

Did these things arrive radiclol?

radiclol
    radiclol

Post  radiclol Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:20 pm

yeah they did violet, i'm loving them :) i'm so ocd sometimes, with the new deck i love it better than the rider waite except like two cards.. the high priestess and the lovers, they just don't match up to the other decks Your Questions 588401

how many books on tarot do you have by the way? i think i have enough for now
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:29 pm

Your Questions 160943 I lost count, which is silly as I don't really use any of them but when I find something cheap enough i'll pick it up, or if I find one for a specific deck i'll pick it up, got a bit of that ocd myself where anything like that is concerned, mind you i'm collecting for the future as I hope to run my own groups one day...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:19 pm