Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
shayn
Violet
6 posters

Your Questions

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Your Questions - Page 2 Empty Your Questions

Post  Violet Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Originally asked by radiclol:Q in the little book i got with my new pack, it says 'reversed' then the other meanings, does that mean if the card is faced on the back or something? :S

A If you draw a card and the picture is upside down it is called a 'reversed card' and has a different meaning, naturally to get some cards upside down you have to reverse some of them yourself before shuffling them for a reading, personally I don't see any point at all and never reverse cards, partly because most reversed 'meanings' are negative and partly because I feel it's too much meddling with the cards.

Last edited by Violet on Sat May 29, 2010 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    radiclol
    radiclol

Number of posts : 349
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Your Questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Questions

Post  radiclol Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:31 pm

during tarot readings how do you interpret the cards and get specific information? my friend who is skeptical recorded a reading she received and it was so vague i cringed.. the readings i've received on here never seemed like it.

do you use psychic ability during every reading?
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:36 pm

amm not sure really how to answer your question...
    time and practice, getting to know the cards well, and well maybe you call it psychic abilities...

maybe violet or someone else here will come with a better explaination...

s
    radiclol
    radiclol

Number of posts : 349
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  radiclol Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:09 pm

i swear this is my favourite thread these days Your Questions - Page 2 809779

it's really hard to believe that random cards chosen can be so perfect in a reading.. i mean one 'mistake' could dramatically damage a reading, but it's always so accurate..

what made me think about this was earlier for fun i made a spread of 4 cards for each housemate up for eviction in big brother (don't know if anyone watches it?) but the housemate which got evicted was represented by 'death', i don't think there could have been a more specific card.. thoughts?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:17 am

do you use psychic ability during every reading?

Hi Radiclol, before I respond to this it's important to know that each of us is different and I can only tell you what my feelings are.
    I think when you're first starting out with the cards no, this is why experienced readers will always tell you to practice, practice, practice, by practicing you are in effect building a relationship with your cards, a rapport.

When you first begin you will probably depend on the book for a while, then you may begin to find an interpretation for each card, and those single interpretations of each card may hold for a long time.

I found that when I stopped looking at the book, and stoppped being so fixated on my one interpretation of each card my intuition/psychic ability kicked in, the cards became more fluid.

I have found that I can draw the exact same cards for one person and they will mean one thing, then I can draw the same cards for another person and they will mean something completely different, even though it is the same three cards.
    I always recommend studying the images when doing a reading, most cards tell a story, what story is it? What is the mood of the card, how do you feel when you look at it, happy, sad? Is the picture dark or bright, if there are people on them what are they doing, what is there in the background that they may be leaving behind or moving away from?

What is in the foreground, what is important to them at this time? Are there any animals in the picture how does the animal make you feel, a snake partially hidden (for example) may indicate that the person you are reading for has someone being not very nice behind their back, the next time you draw that card you may notice that same snake is shedding it's skin (again just for example) this would put a new slant on the card and mean the person is releasing past issues and so on.
    A really good exercise imo if you have time, draw a card in the morning really look at it and then write a brief story about that card, put it away then just before you go to bed look at it again and write another story about it (it only needs to be a line or two) without reading the morning one first.

Then compare the two see if they differ, i'm sure this will help you, please let me know how it goes if you try it.

In time I think you will find your intuition /psychic ability kicking in too, but don't just focus on the psychic bit use your reactions, and emotions when looking at the pictures, listen too as you may hear words in your head.

And now i've rabbited on and on i'll be quiet Your Questions - Page 2 809779

millergrls
    millergrls

Female
    Number of posts : 1385
    Job/hobbies : Dispatcher
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

Post  millergrls Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:35 pm

When reading tarot for someone how do you tell what the card is saying for that person. When I was sixteen or seventeen I use to do reading for my friends. They use to say that I did a pretty good job. One person kicked me out of his car because I hit a core with something and it freaked him out. i lost the cards (actually I think that someone took them). I am not sure though that I was ever really doing a "good" job. Time to get myself some new cards I think..........Your Questions - Page 2 242210
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi Mary most readers read cards differently, how did you do it when you were younger? For myself an image on the card might jump out at me, I might get a feeling or a knowing it's hard to describe exactly, other readers learn the standard meaning for every card (a mammoth task imo, i'd never remember them)

I would get yourself a deck and do some more readings, experiment with different methods find out which way is right for you, if you want people to practice on with them you can begin a thread here if you like asking for volunteers to practice on. :flo:

millergrls
    millergrls

Female

Post  millergrls Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:12 am

Definately get myself some cards this Monday, I will take it into consideration Violet, thank you.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:17 am

Hi Mary please let us know which deck you get (just out of interest (nosiness I mean really :giggles: ))

millergrls
    millergrls

Female

Post  millergrls Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:01 pm

I will, I will be going tomorrow, so I will let you know then.Your Questions - Page 2 348985

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:03 pm