Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Ho'oponopono Prayer (And not getting it)

RainbowLight
    RainbowLight

Female
    Number of posts : 265
    Registration date : 2020-10-15

Ho'oponopono Prayer (And not getting it) Empty Ho'oponopono Prayer (And not getting it)

Post  RainbowLight Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:31 pm

Years ago someone told me about the ho'oponopono prayer and I didn't get it at all. It's to help heal and forgive from a certain situation or person.
    I'd been in a very abusive relationship with a narcissist for 10 years, and when she told me how the prayer went I didn't get it. I got angry about it even, hihi.
    For clarity purposes, this is the H prayer (not gonna type that word again)

I forgive you
    I'm sorry
    Thank you
    I love you

The idea is to say it out loud and to really mean it.
    But... The I'm sorry tripped me up. Saying "I'm sorry" concerning a narcissist who abused me in every form possible, did so much damage to me... no way! I had nothing to be sorry for.

So I always felt this H prayer was just nonsense or not for me.
    But then the other day I got this book in and it explained what each sentence stands for. NOW I do like it!!

I forgive you - I will release this from myself and it is no longer my problem. I will no longer allow this situation to affect me and block me.

I'm sorry- I acknowledge the situation and I am sorry for holding onto it for so long. I will no longer allow it to bother me.

Thank you - Thank you for all the lessons this situation taught me.

I love you - Sending love to the situation will allow you to heal and get through it. Everything is accomplished with love.

Not knowing and understanding that... now it does feel good and I can now implement it without a problem!!

:astar:
    Unseeking Seeker
    Unseeking Seeker

Male
    Number of posts : 325
    Registration date : 2020-10-15

Ho'oponopono Prayer (And not getting it) Empty Re: Ho'oponopono Prayer (And not getting it)

Post  Unseeking Seeker Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:41 am

Yes. Ho’oponopono is indeed a powerful forgiveness aid. The ‘I love you’ part ... if emoted with sincerity,  requiring us to embrace the ‘enemy’, recognises that the ‘other’, knowing no better as at this time, could have only acted in the way he/she did. This recognition then poses a line of self inquiry:

Forgiveness for self healing is preceded by a feeling of hurt. The hurt needs to be healed. 

Who is hurt? Who else but the ego, the personality. But we are not the fleeting form. Then why are we hurt because of belied expectation, arising from delusion?

Thus, correcting our own stance, the need to forgive is obviated because there is no one here within, who feels the hurt. 

Of course, there is no need to trauma bond. Smile and move on.