Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
RainbowLight
55_Degrees
skfarblum
Violet
8 posters

What are your favourite tarot cards and what methods do you use to read them

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

What are your favourite tarot cards and what methods do you use to read them Empty What are your favourite tarot cards and what methods do you use to read them

Post  Violet Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:22 pm

I’ve recreated this thread to replace an older existing one, enjoy

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

dream jo likes this post

skfarblum
    skfarblum

Male
    Number of posts : 268
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2011-09-23

What are your favourite tarot cards and what methods do you use to read them Empty Re: What are your favourite tarot cards and what methods do you use to read them

Post  skfarblum Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:26 am

Violet wrote:I’ve recreated this thread to replace an older existing one, enjoy
    I am not sure if you mean which tarot cards mean most to me or which make?
    If it does not matter to much I prefer the first interpretation.  So I like The Fool and The World cards of the major suites
    and the The Three of Cups of the minor.I read them intuitively.I also have a book which I also use to get more meanings.
    This will probably change in time.
    Smiles :asmile:
    Stephen
    PS I have a feeling I cheated a bit as I am not sure you mean it this way. :naughty:
    55_Degrees
    Just joined

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2020-10-15

What are your favourite tarot cards and what methods do you use to read them Empty Re: What are your favourite tarot cards and what methods do you use to read them

Post  55_Degrees Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:19 pm

If we are talking about decks, I couldn't pin down my favourite deck. I have decks I use for specific purposes.
    I have 'go-to' decks that I tend to reach for due to familiarity and comfort zone and decks that I prefer for hard hitting situations.
    I use my cards for so many things, personal development, self exploration/shadow work, problem solving, empowerment, meditation and contemplation, seeking answers, magick and manifestation......you name it I'll use tarot for it.
    My current favourites are Tarot of the Hidden Realm and The Ludy Lescot Tarot.
    My go-to decks are Smith Waite Centennial Edition, Legacy of the Divine and Deviant Moon.
    I dislike decks that focus only on positivity and decks that try to sugar coat those 'tough' cards, because real life isn't like that, although I've noticed, unlike the witchcraft community, a lot of the people in spiritual communities don't want to accept or deal with their icky shadowy stuff.

If the question was more to do with specific cards, I have deal breaker cards that can either make or break a deck for me.
    The Aces, The 10's, Death, Devil, Tower, Moon. If these cards hit the right notes then it's a winner.

skfarblum likes this post

RainbowLight
    RainbowLight

Female
    Number of posts : 265

Post  RainbowLight Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:34 pm

55_Degrees wrote:If we are talking about decks, I couldn't pin down my favourite deck. I have decks I use for specific purposes.
    I have 'go-to' decks that I tend to reach for due to familiarity and comfort zone and decks that I prefer for hard hitting situations.
    I use my cards for so many things, personal development, self exploration/shadow work, problem solving, empowerment, meditation and contemplation, seeking answers, magick and manifestation......you name it I'll use tarot for it.
    My current favourites  are Tarot of the Hidden Realm and The Ludy Lescot Tarot.
    My go-to decks are Smith Waite Centennial Edition, Legacy of the Divine and Deviant Moon.
    I dislike decks that focus only on positivity and decks that try to sugar coat those 'tough' cards, because real life isn't like that, although I've noticed, unlike the witchcraft community, a lot of the people in spiritual communities don't want to accept or deal with their icky shadowy stuff.

If the question was more to do with specific cards, I have deal breaker cards that can either make or break a deck for me.
    The Aces, The 10's, Death, Devil, Tower, Moon. If these cards hit the right notes then it's a winner.

Yep, I started a thread here on "What cards do you check before purchasing". I do, because I too have deal-breaker cards :D
    For me it's Hierophant, Death, Devil, court cards -esp Queen of Cups-, Ace of Cups.

OT - I'm also not clear whether we're talking about favourite decks or cards in a deck.
    As for decks, it depends. First it was Robin Wood for years on end. 
    Then others arrived on the scene. 
    Right now it's Wildwood Tarot if I really want to go deep and tap into my intuition with ease.
    And sometimes The Moonchild Tarot. 

But I don't always use Tarot. I have a lot of oracle decks and sometimes I prefer to draw a card from one of those. 

Reading methods??? What do you mean reading methods? I don't use any method. I ask a question -or more- and draw a card -or more- and use my intuition to read. 
    I rarely follow a spread. Occasionally it's fun but not my go-to way to read.

:astar:

skfarblum likes this post

dream jo
    dream jo

Female
    Number of posts : 1094
    Job/hobbies : art sky gazzins
    Registration date : 2015-06-06

Post  dream jo Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:58 pm

I have got so many tarot cards 
    The way i do my readings is is
    Past

Present

Future

I've been practising on myself lately and so spot on they have
    Ciona
    Ciona

Female
    Job/hobbies : Female.

Post  Ciona Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:17 pm

I don't do Tarot myself, but a beautiful deck I am familiar with is the Victorian Fairy Tarot. It's the only deck I own.

dream jo likes this post

dream jo
    dream jo

Female

Post  dream jo Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:24 pm

I wished I done tarot cards a long time ago when I was younger it might early 20s it might me made me put on the right path and certain things but I can't change the past but I can change the future
    The internet is amazing thing it's taught me a lot on tarot cards by the video to have a car licence
    I go about the picture what I say and fail and sense off it like a tarot card reader she give me some good advice by the picture you see not the book but I've done myself mostly anyway the picture tells you more than the book
    It does

Ciona likes this post

Ciona
    Ciona

Female
    Job/hobbies : Female.

Post  Ciona Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:29 pm

I can see how that would be for sure dream jo, that the picture would tell you more than the book.
    Chrysalis2
    Chrysalis2

Female
    Number of posts : 56
    Job/hobbies : I'm retired. I like nature, crafts, pets

Post  Chrysalis2 Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:36 pm

So far I don't have favourite cards or decks.

I use one deck (The Gilded Tarot) for shadow work, another deck that connects best with ancestors (The Alchemy 1977 England Tarot which is Marseilles style) and The Spellcaster's Tarot for spells and regular readings. My first tarot deck is Celestial Tarot which seems a bit more complicated compared to the others. I do have oracle decks.

I read them by having cards fall out while hand over hand shuffling. I either place them on a spread or follow my intuition depending on the question or situation.

dream jo likes this post

Anala
    Anala

Female
    Number of posts : 362
    Job/hobbies : Bicycling, drawing, knitting

Post  Anala Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:50 am

Chrysalis, I have seen the technique you mentioned, where the cards fall out as one shuffles, on a Video. :-)

I am thinking of purchasing my first Tarot deck, baby steps,…..

There is a Tarot for Kids deck by Theresa Reed. I think it would be a good starting point for me, since I started with a very light, bright Oracle animal deck. :-)
    Anala
    Anala

Female

Post  Anala Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:51 am

Dream jo, May I ask, how does past, present and future work?
    Chrysalis2
    Chrysalis2

Female
    Number of posts : 56
    Job/hobbies : I'm retired. I like nature, crafts, pets

Post  Chrysalis2 Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:18 am

I haven't heard of a tarot deck for kids. I chose my decks based mostly on art work and a bit of guidance. I figured I better like the art because I'm the one looking at the cards. One time in a bookstore when I was selecting a deck, a sales person came up to me thinking I wanted help. She went to another part of the store and showed me a much cheaper deck. The problem was I really hated the art work so would have trouble connecting with the deck. Needless to say, the sales person put the deck back and I went home with the Gilded Tarot. That happened years ago and I remember that incident quite well.
    dream jo
    dream jo

Female

Post  dream jo Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:26 pm

Anala wrote:Dream jo, May I ask, how does past, present and future work?
    What I do is what I do is I pick three cards past present future

I do the pass card first I do

And I pick the stating card speaking card you speak what you think is right and speaker for yourself

The present card

President card

Which is now
    Counselling people getting help with yourself and other people

The future card is what could happen in the future or vice versa

Energy alien or spiritual healing you can heal others by your tarot cards

That's just a small example hope it was ok I know you did not ask for a reading just to show you what they do but I do it
    Anala
    Anala

Female

Post  Anala Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:47 pm

Thank you DrreamJo! :)

dream jo likes this post

dream jo
    dream jo

Female

Post  dream jo Fri May 27, 2022 7:45 pm

Tell you I've got some money I have tarot cards and Oracle cards and angel cards
    One of my favourite tarot cards at the minute is my sakrid Forest once and I love them ones am I heart signal ones and my animal ones animal message ones and my bird message ones but there's so many to choose from I love the Lord them I do
    My witches Wisdom is another good one I might just kitchen am I witches my kitchen is one of my favourite wants to
    2 2 but I know when I do cut myself no I realise I've got a look about the family because I'm about them or friend not me but I know that now because I put the Lovers one for the future and present lately and it was enough for me it was my family member because they had someone not me
    But what was said about me to yes I can do 1000 times better than me let's hope we can
    But his cards make sense and now is my Pendulum I will turn pendulums I've even used some my jewellery and I've got the same answer as a pendulum yes fall on me and other one way
    But I'm not going to cross it because I hope this does happen to me cos I think I've entered and deserve some happiness at last at my load because even the card said I'm something good has come my way

But I hope I deserve it

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:17 pm