Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
mac
Detlef
gilly
SpiritVoices
1antique
Lynn
Aura
mia
innerlight
Violet
14 posters

How sure are you?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

How sure are you? Empty How sure are you?

Post  Violet Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:28 pm

That there is an afterlife?

I'm definately sure, but due to recent discussions offline I've realised that not all are sure even those who are quite spiritually minded, it seems to be more of a hope that there will be one rather than truly believing in one, what are your thoughts on this?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

How sure are you? Empty Re: How sure are you?

Post  innerlight Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:35 pm

Well there is no way to know 100%... Everything will always be subjective to the mind of the individual. And you'll never be able to convince people that there is, or that their isn't.

You can only offer hope.
    mia
    mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post  mia Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:10 am

I am absolutely 100% positive there is an afterlife and what it is like.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:12 am

Oh, yeah, Mia.. What is the 100% proof that you have?
    mia
    mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post  mia Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:18 am

I have no proof.
    Don't need proof.
    I just know :)
    You believe what you want, I believe what I want ;)
    I am not trying to make you believe my truth.
    You have your own :)
    How sure are you? 577431
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:22 am

I'm not saying your proof is invalid, or am trying to be coerced with your truths. I was just curious, as you said you have 100% proof. So I was just wondering what you had. As what I stated originally as any proof would be subjective to the individual.
    Aura

Female
    Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2011-10-23

Post  Aura Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:04 am

i have 100% proof as i have been out of my physical body while still awake. didnt go far though..lol. went in the hallway and then thought my daughter and whoosh i was like wind in her room. but it was me. so having been out of my body while awake (called astral projection), iv had my own personal 100% proof. and its happened more than once x
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:53 am

Hello

99.9999% sure. There to me is no such thing as 100%. Do Spirits or the essence of whom we are still live on as energy YES as I work with them daily. Is there more to it than energy to it all I have to think so yes. Does our Soul continue on its journey I have to say yes as I do have details about past lives lived. Did I always get the same Soul in that life I dont think so.

Lynn
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:51 am

I, just as mia is, am 100% sure that there is an afterlife. I need no physical proof.

There are many things that have been proven today that, just a few years ago was mere conjecture.

In fact, if you stop to think about it, can you even PROVE you are alive? Could this reality merely be the dream state of some astral being?
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:59 am

Hello

NO I do not feel I can prove that I am alive...this might all be a bad dream I am hoping to wake form LOL.

We have to simply embrace that what we feel is real and do our best with that.

Lynn
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:05 pm

1antique wrote:I, just as mia is, am 100% sure that there is an afterlife. I need no physical proof.

There are many things that have been proven today that, just a few years ago was mere conjecture.

In fact, if you stop to think about it, can you even PROVE you are alive? Could this reality merely be the dream state of some astral being?

I agree with this.

I have no fear of death.
    Aura

Female

Post  Aura Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:03 pm

my proof is absolute 100%. i have sat in physical seances and witnessed materialisation. iv had my sister come back physically to talk and guess what? to be completely sure, my big sis who was there spoke to her in a foreign language no one there could ever speak. and conversation was held in that language. i know my sis. iv also had materialisation from my mum's best friend who came back to talk and spoke about the time of passing and what my mum had said to her, mum was there when she passed. the materialisation was my mum's friend. i was very excited and we talked and she mentioned what mum had been saying as she passed. no one knew this. i told mum after. if there is more than 100% proof, then i have it. i dont have belief. i have knowledge and proof. blessings to you all and i hope some day you will experience what i have x
    Aura

Female

How sure are you? Empty 100%

Post  Aura Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:45 pm

100% absolutely certain with no shred of a doubt !
    gilly
    gilly

Male
    Number of posts : 851
    Job/hobbies : Writing Sci/Fi and Fantasy
    Registration date : 2011-11-11

Post  gilly Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:20 am

Violet wrote:That there is an afterlife?

I'm definately sure, but due to recent discussions offline I've realised that not all are sure even those who are quite spiritually minded, it seems to be more of a hope that there will be one rather than truly believing in one, what are your thoughts on this?

Hello

Violet--a very good question!

I seem to be the lucky one here!

I started my adult life as a 'Doubting Thomas'-- I at first argued against christianity and in particular the bible!

Then one May evening in the year 2000, I attended my fourth visit to a spiritualist church. I was given 'PROOF' that night that the spirit realm existed. My journey since has proved beyond any shadow of doubt that we survive 'physical death' and continue our journey.

I communicate with people who have passed over--in dreams -in meditation and sometimes in broad daylight!! My father, my Mother, my Grandmother, my Mother in Law and many others.

If you are in doubt--go attend a spiritualist church and ask for 'proof' IT WILL BE GIVEN!

PPLLnL dear people

Peter
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:28 am

Violet wrote:That there is an afterlife?

the afterlife is such a vague term. It seams to suggest, we start her, and then there something else which you call afterlife. The afterlife is not any different then the before life.
    And further, do we try to understand life as a human or spirit?
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:40 am

"the afterlife is such a vague term. It
    seams to suggest, we start her, and then there something else which you
    call afterlife. The afterlife is not any different then the before life.

And further, do we try to understand life as a human or spirit?"

Good points but even amongst others with some understanding of survival beyond corporeal death, important points can get missed. I've made much the same point on many occasions - discussing only 'the afterlife' skews the picture. We didn't begin our existence on our entry to this world and we won't end it on exiting. Often, though, just getting the basic survival idea over can be a difficult enough task. Introducing the notion of a forelife at the same time is usually too much to take on board.As for whether we try to understand life as an incarnate or a discarnate I don't see why we should choose either one over the other. They're inseperably linked and a better understanding of the former needs some understanding of the latter I've found.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 am

Well as they say,Mac if and when we do return to each life,assuming that reincarnation does exist,our memories of the after life,are wiped clean.

So we start fresh without any knowledge of the afterlife and ask questions again and again.
    I can understand why this is so,but have often wondered as we progress through lives becoming more spiritual or more attuned or more belief that there is a life after physical death,would these be memories filtering through from all the lives we have lived?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:03 pm

"Joanie"

Well as they say,Mac if and when we do return to each life,assuming that reincarnation does exist,our memories of the after life,are wiped clean. Not as I see matters, Joanie.....

Memory exists in our physical systems or our etheric ones - as far as I can recall being taught, there's no direct linkage between the two. So forelife/afterlife memories aren't wiped clean but remain in the etheric (spirit) self. Dependent, then, on how much (if any) we are able to 'picture' ourselves separately as spirit and physical entities we may have greater or lesser appreciation that we have lived outside of the body.
    Not memories I concede but an acceptance that memories of our other lives remain within our discarnate selves. Cor that took some getting right!

So we start fresh without any knowledge of the afterlife and ask questions again and again. Yes if it's important for us to try to understand.
    I can understand why this is so,but have often wondered as we progress through lives becoming more spiritual or more attuned or more belief that there is a life after physical death,would these be memories filtering through from all the lives we have lived? Ahhhhh....now you're starting to see through it all Joanie. How sure are you? 621623
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:27 pm

Now I wonder if this is where Deja vu comes in.
    Visiting a place where we know absolutely we have not visited before.
    But it looks strangely familiar....... :scratch:

I wonder why?
    :hugz:
    gilly
    gilly

Male

Post  gilly Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:50 pm

[quote="mac"]"the afterlife is such a vague term. It

Sorry 'mac'

you need to tune in!

Life here on the earth plane as human beings is what we are!! We are part physical and part spiritual!

The 'afterlife' is no vague term--it is where we go when our human physical life has ended!

Life is our human physical term in the 3 dimensional earth plane! The afterlife is where we go after that 3 dimensional earth plane finishes--I believe it is 'HOME'! but will not argue with those that do not accept this.

You must first accept the physical and spiritual parts of us humans before you can even begin to understand!

Sorry to be so blunt--BUT IT IS SO!!

PPLLnL

Peter
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:27 am

[quote="gilly"]
    mac wrote:"the afterlife is such a vague term. It

Sorry 'mac'

you need to tune in!

Life here on the earth plane as human beings is what we are!! We are part physical and part spiritual!

The 'afterlife' is no vague term--it is where we go when our human physical life has ended!

Life is our human physical term in the 3 dimensional earth plane! The afterlife is where we go after that 3 dimensional earth plane finishes--I believe it is 'HOME'! but will not argue with those that do not accept this.

You must first accept the physical and spiritual parts of us humans before you can even begin to understand!

PPLLnL

Peter

Peter, it was I who wrote the above, Mac quote it and seamed to agree with some it if.

We are human and spirit? I am spirit, always was and always will be. I use the human form to come into this reality, and I am grateful for it. In turn I will do what I can to help the human form to evolve in the time I am here.
    Going home seams to be a term like the afterlife, very vague. What is home?
    After we finish with this reality, which we call 3D or third vibration, third density, we most likely move to fourth density. At least most, some might move to fifth density. This are just different level, they are not home, at least not in my view.
    The only place I would call home is source itself, and yes we all work toward a return to it.
    Just to give a perspective what it might take, the highest aspect of my total self, I call Whan tar, it exists in sixth vibration, in the higher levels of sixth vibration. Some years ago I was told, we came from a neighboring verse into this verse. This was not at the beginning of the existence of this verse but very early into it. And I can tell you, we have not returned home yet.

Last edited by Detlef on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    mac

Male

Post  mac Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:06 am

[quote="gilly"]
    mac wrote:"the afterlife is such a vague term. It

Sorry 'mac'

you need to tune in!

PPLLnL

Peter

As has been pointed out elsewhere, I was responding to another member's points. These I had enclosed with inverted commas and shown in italicised text to show they were quoted words.....

I had reinforced one point particularly from the original piece, that of the so-called afterlife being simply the same 'place' as our forelife, something frequently overlooked or unrealised by many writers... I think that was the original intent concerning the vagueness of the term 'afterlife'.

I also agreed that life doesn't begin on entry to this world or end on our leaving it. Vitally important for newcomers to the notion of survival to take on board.

My original response is shown below for clarity:
    "Good points but even
    amongst others with some understanding of survival beyond corporeal
    death, important points can get missed. I've made much the same point
    on many occasions - discussing only 'the afterlife' skews the picture.
    We didn't begin our existence on our entry to this world and we won't
    end it on exiting. Often, though, just getting the basic survival idea
    over can be a difficult enough task. Introducing the notion of a
    forelife at the same time is usually too much to take on board.As for
    whether we try to understand life as an incarnate or a discarnate I
    don't see why we should choose either one over the other. They're
    inseparably linked and a better understanding of the former needs some
    understanding of the latter I've found."
    gilly
    gilly

Male

Post  gilly Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:46 pm

Sorry folks

I still stand by what I posted in response to whomsoever stated it!!

PPLLnL

Peter
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:25 pm

gilly wrote:Sorry folks

PPLLnL

Peter

Isn't it important to you to know who that was?
    gilly
    gilly

Male

Post  gilly Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:29 pm

mac wrote:
    gilly wrote:Sorry folks

PPLLnL

Peter

Isn't it important to you to know who that was?

Not really!!

We are discussing ideas and views in here, the personality of those who post is not as important as their words! In the 'REAL' world it would be the other way round, but 'HERE' is not the real world. I am here to discuss ideas of a spiritual nature--the physical world is where I worry about exactly who said what-'sadly'

PPLLnL

Peter

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:04 am