Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Knight of Albion
Native spirit
Lion L
SpiritVoices
Detlef
kardecian
jcam@sii
Carolyn
shayn
1antique
14 posters

Intolerance Spreading

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Intolerance Spreading Empty Intolerance Spreading

Post  1antique Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:53 pm

This article was posted today on msn homepage:

Swiss OK Ban on New Minarets
    Right-wing initiative regards mosques’ spires as symbols of militant Islam
    The Associated Press
    updated 12:14 p.m. PT, Sun., Nov . 29, 2009

GENEVA - Swiss voters overwhelmingly approved a constitutional ban on minarets on Sunday, barring construction of the iconic mosque towers in a surprise vote that put Switzerland at the forefront of a European backlash against a growing Muslim population.

For the rest of the article, click below

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34191036/ns/world_news-europe/
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader

Intolerance Spreading Empty Re: Intolerance Spreading

Post  shayn Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:53 am

hi 1A i been following this one and i find it very interesting, what do you think about all that?
    Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:48 am

is switzerland not a free country?
    Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.

Post  Carolyn Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:54 am

This is sadly laughable....an excerpt from the page.

"The minaret is a sign of political power and demand, comparable with
    whole-body covering by the burqa, tolerance of forced marriage and
    genital mutilation of girls," the sponsors said. "

Which is somehow any worse than Christians and Jews imposing male genital mutilation at birth, Jews wearing the sashes, Christians wearing the cross, and - I'm sorry the marriages are no more forced than in any other religion. Thanks for posting, I enjoy a good spewing of my morning coffee. Intolerance Spreading 368832
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:55 am

Carolyn said:
    Which is somehow any worse than Christians and Jews imposing male genital mutilation at birth, Jews wearing the sashes, Christians wearing the cross, and - I'm sorry the marriages are no more forced than in any other religion.

But....you don't understand Carolyn....what they do isn't........Christian! It must be feared! Intolerance Spreading 350287 Don't you understand that they are all evil and want to kill us all....or make us like them? Horrors! Intolerance Spreading 489992
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:58 am

Shayn said:
    i been following this one and i find it very interesting, what do you think about all that?

I think that, unless something is done to calm the fear mongering, this type of behavior/thinking will continue to spread, creating an even deeper divide between the Muslims and the rest of the world.
    Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female

Post  Carolyn Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:04 am

LMAO Allen! Intolerance Spreading 285525
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    kardecian
    kardecian

Male
    Number of posts : 249
    Job/hobbies : Funeral Service
    Registration date : 2013-06-20

Post  kardecian Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:36 am

It's easy for us to judge the Swiss on this issue.  However, there are parts of Europe where the Moslems are extremely pushy.  They do try to push their ways on others.  I know that in Portland, Oregon there are areas where Moslems are moving in.  They tend to be very rude and very rude.  People are afraid of them because is one complains about them, they will complain about you. And with the New Thought Police being in control, people are afraid of getting in trouble for 'hate cirmes' or 'hate speech.'  So, yes, I can understand where the Swiss are coming from.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.  The Swiss Moslems are basically getting a taste of their own medicine.  If Christians were to immigrate to a Moslem nation, the persecutions and restrictions on the Christians would be ten times greater than what the Moslems feel in Switzerland.  And don't fool yourselves: if the Moslems had their way, they'd fore everyone of us to convert.
    It's the nations such as Sweden, there 'Political Correctness' is in full swing, that the Moslems are taking control of whole neighborhoods.  Do a Google Search for yourself, and you'll see that this is a major problem. 
    You can choose to think of people as intolerant.  I look upon it as self-preservation.
    kardecian
    kardecian

Male

Post  kardecian Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:01 am

Yes, intollerence IS spreading.  The following article shows how Moslems in Switzerland are intolerant of the Swiss flag.  And people wonder why pushy minority groups are not liked too well.  Interesting:
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f09_1363606572
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:37 am

Switzerland, one of the most democratic countries on this planet, can call a referendum on just about anything.
    Whether a bridge should be build or a road be closed.
    Those who want to change the flag can attempt to get a referendum on it, and will find out very quickly what the majority thinks about their idea.
    I am sure, in regards to the minaret, I am sure you would get the same or similar results in most other western countries if they had the chance to vote on it in a referendum.
    I would not like to have a minaret close to my place and listen to some silly prayers day in day out.
    We are always told we have to be more tolerant, but everything has to go both ways. If tolerance is one sided, it creates a very negative energy. As a result we will have a unhealthy situation. Just look around in Europe.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:08 am

Like a young shop assistant here,who was sent home from work,told to come back when she removed the cross from around her neck...
    Lion L
    Lion L

Male
    Number of posts : 57
    Job/hobbies : Knowledge, gaining and sharing
    Registration date : 2014-05-15

Post  Lion L Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:53 am

Yes, intolerance is spreading.
    I think it is partly due to the financial crisis.  It seems that everyone wants someone to blame.  It was the depression which brought Hitler to power in the 30s and I fear that a similar attitude is appearing.  Look at the right wing anti-immigrant landslide victory in the recent European Election held in Britain.
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:43 am

:worry: My sister in law works in a craft centre,she gets people from all over going there the worst ones are the elderly mulim women,they demand to be served even if she is serving someone else they are rude,call the brits fit to burn,let their kids do whatever they want take sweets of the shelf and try to eat them,and they dont repremand them they think they can call everyone else names,and get away with it,so now she has a sign on the door saying muslims not alowed she was callled racist they called the police, when my sis in law told the police what they were doing he sided with my sister in law,i dont blame my sis in law , we dont have a lot of migrants in our town we are only a small town but the ones that are here wanted to open a mosque opposite a roman catholic church,they did it but we soon told them where to go when they wanted the church bells to stop ringing because they didnt like it, here we dont tolerate them at all,they even opened a shop in the town put a big sign in the window saying no british allowed, they had to take it down and were thretend we would get meibion glyndwr on them they went home. if they lived in harmony with ppl but they dont.they demand all the time trying to change everything into their own beliefs,

Namaste
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:40 pm

For hundreds of years,different religions have lived side by side including the C of E,the Catholic church,the Methodist church etc,etc with no problems.
    All those religions are accepted.....so why since the migrants have been pouring in,they feel they have the right to 'put down' any other religion?
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:49 pm

I will answer your question with a question, my friend.

Why, when the spread of Christianity began, did the Christians find it acceptable (and still do, for that matter) to decry all other religions as 'evil' and attempt to draw others into it?

We are a vain race, my friend. We believe that only what we believe in is the right thing, and we will do whatever we can to deny others the right to believe the same. 

We cannot accept what we do and then condemn others for following in our footsteps. Until WE accept that all are equal and and have equal rights on this planet, nothing will change. It will merely continue to get worse...until it reaches a breaking point.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:20 pm

I see your point,1antigue.....but we all worship the same God even though we seem to have different names for Him.....

So why does our God appear different from their's?  So many Gods worshipped all over the world but different names or are we all worshipping the same God?
    Surely there must be only one God in the Universe?
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:03 pm

Only one God, but maybe many gods, my friend. It has been so since the beginning of time. Each group of peoples formed their own beliefs and created their own gods. Before long these groups of people began fighting...defending their gods against against the gods of other groups. 

Nothing has changed since those early days except that the world has grown more crowded and the quantity of lesser gods has decreased. 

Until this world discovers that we are all one and that there is but ONE true God, this fighting will continue. 

We will either destroy ourselves in the process, or we will finally learn.......
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:10 pm

Remember the Greek gods 1antique?   They had many.    Were they fiction or were they real....to them only?

I used to love those books...
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:25 am

They were real to them THAT is what was important.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:01 am

I agree,my friend!  What we believe in is our faith..... :asmile:
    kardecian
    kardecian

Male

Post  kardecian Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:13 pm

1antique wrote:I will answer your question with a question, my friend.

Why, when the spread of Christianity began, did the Christians find it acceptable (and still do, for that matter) to decry all other religions as 'evil' and attempt to draw others into it?

We are a vain race, my friend. We believe that only what we believe in is the right thing, and we will do whatever we can to deny others the right to believe the same. 

We cannot accept what we do and then condemn others for following in our footsteps. Until WE accept that all are equal and and have equal rights on this planet, nothing will change. It will merely continue to get worse...until it reaches a breaking point.
    Christianity is an evolving religion.  Like anything, if one does not evolve, one will perish in the current of time.  In the past (and to a small extent, in the present) SOME Christians have been intolerant.  Some Christians may think that other religions are 'evil', but in this day and age, most Christians do not think this way.  Most Christians do not go around attempting to recruit others; they don't tell others they are going to hell.  "Old School" Christians may be this way, but they are slowly going by the wayside.
    The future looks brighter for Christianity, as it is able to adapt to the cultures, attitudes and times.
    So, I don't think that it's fair to class most Christians in the camp of being 'unfair.'  Most Christians will be tolerant; most will give their neighbor a fair shake.  But, it's also just plain stupid to put up with crap from a religion; a culture; a race when they are clearly out to 'rock the boat.' 
    "Be wise as serpents and gentle as doves." In other words, don't be violent, but don't be stupid either.  Allowing ourselves to be walked on like an old carpet doesn't accomplish anything.
    kardecian
    kardecian

Male

Post  kardecian Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:15 pm

Native spirit wrote::worry: My sister in law works in a craft centre,she gets people from all over going there the worst ones are the elderly mulim women,they demand to be served even if she is serving someone else they are rude,call the brits fit to burn,let their kids do whatever they want take sweets of the shelf and try to eat them,and they dont repremand them they think they can call everyone else names,and get away with it,so now she has a sign on the door saying muslims not alowed she was callled racist they called the police, when my sis in law told the police what they were doing he sided with my sister in law,i dont blame my sis in law , we dont have a lot of migrants in our town we are only a small town but the ones that are here wanted to open a mosque opposite a roman catholic church,they did it but we soon told them where to go when they wanted the church bells to stop ringing because they didnt like it, here we dont tolerate them at all,they even opened a shop in the town put a big sign in the window saying no british allowed, they had to take it down and were thretend we would get meibion glyndwr on them they went home. if they lived in harmony with ppl but they dont.they demand all the time trying to change everything into their own beliefs,

Namaste

Hi Native Spirit, that's EXACCTLY what I experience here.  I attempt to be nice to people, but it's very trying when they are clearly out to prove a point, or when they clearly have a set agenda.
    kardecian
    kardecian

Male

Post  kardecian Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:22 pm

Another thought on the subject of Intolerance.  Tolerance goes both ways.  In order to be accepted, one must be accepting.  In order to be liked, one must show kindness.  Unfortunately, some of the Moslems who migrate to the West do NOT show tolerance to our ways; they don't show kindness; they attempt to thwart Christian symbolism.  They refuse to melt into our society. These are all problems.  They make for 'bad neighbors', and no lone likes a bad neighbor.
    I firmly believe that if the Moslems tried to be kind; if they tried to be accepting of others; if they tolerated our ways, that they would be welcomed.
    So, it's really not a matter of us not accepting them, it's a matter of them being intolerant of us.
    Our nation is our home. In our homes we have rules. We expect people to behave and show respect. When they don't, we snap at them. This should be expected, as our reactions to immigrants relate directly to how they act IN OUR HOME. They are guests. And as guests, they are expected to show respect.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content