Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Rainbow
Violet
6 posters

Family as Spirit Guides?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Family as Spirit Guides? Empty Family as Spirit Guides?

Post  Violet Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:46 pm

I really don't believe that spirit guides can be family members, they'd be too biased for a start, I had this discussion elsewhere and I was surprised at the number of people who believe this to be true, what are your thoughts?

I believe family members can come and assist us but they are not our actual guides.
    Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female
    Number of posts : 1292
    Job/hobbies : Job; playing with my dogs. Hobbies; playing with my dogs lol
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Family as Spirit Guides? Empty Re: Family as Spirit Guides?

Post  Rainbow Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:56 pm

Maybe if they're people who lived in say the 16th century that are in your family tree somewhere they could be. I don't think grandparent and great grand parents etc would be though as you say they'd be too baised. However at the moment I could do with my grandads help. I have something to do and for some reason I feel as if I need his backing. It's odd that I always seem to want him around as I hardly knew him before he passed. :scratch:
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:03 pm

well i'm not sure about that...
    as we have many kinds of guides i believe it is possible for a family member to return as one of those spirits that are around, sometimes all they need to give you is simple love, or a helping hand in thier speical way. maybe they are not ment to be your life teachers, but i see no reason why they can't be around to support someone mainly emotionaly.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:10 pm

I'm sure they come and help where they can shayn :asmile:
    astralphoenix
    astralphoenix

Female
    Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-02-21

Post  astralphoenix Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:01 am

This is a very grey area I feel as some people believe that family can be guides, and others don't. From what I have learnt over the years, if you have entered into an agreement with a relative about them being your guide before you incarnate, then they will be your guide when they pass over.
    Loved ones who pass over, lose all biases, egos, emotional attachments to friends and relatives still living as they don't need that on their plane. They exist on the other side with love and offer love and healing when it is needed. They show concern towards a living relative sometimes, but otherwise they are just there when it is needed.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:50 pm

astralphoenix wrote:This is a very grey area I feel as some people believe that family can be guides, and others don't. From what I have learnt over the years, if you have entered into an agreement with a relative about them being your guide before you incarnate, then they will be your guide when they pass over.
    Loved ones who pass over, lose all biases, egos, emotional attachments to friends and relatives still living as they don't need that on their plane. They exist on the other side with love and offer love and healing when it is needed. They show concern towards a living relative sometimes, but otherwise they are just there when it is needed.
    Hi Astralphoenix, this is an interesting viewpoint, and made me think because I believe we don't lose the emotional attachment when we pass, though suppose a partner passes, they will lose any sexual attraction (physical)to their other half, but not the emotional, just my thoughts though. My understanding is that we remain pretty much the same as we are here personality wise, and if someone had a massive ego here, a bad temper, a saucy sense of humour they would have that there too.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:43 am

According to my experience, passed family members can work alongside our guardian and spirit teachers/guides. The reason is possibly because they continue to maintain an interest on our lives and have a strong desire to help influence us, much like they did when they lived here.

This is where I feel it's easy for misunderstandings to occur as some people see their relatives support as guiding them, which it is I suppose, but not in the same context as our more highly evolved spiritual team of guides and guardian.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:38 pm

This is where I feel it's easy for misunderstandings to occur as some people see their relatives support as guiding them, which it is I suppose, but not in the same context as our more highly evolved spiritual team of guides and guardian.

I agree with this
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:12 am

I had another thought on this, if it's believed that a spirit guide will appear to us in the guise we are most comfortable with, could they actually appear to us as relatives?
    flutterbee
    Just joined

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Post  flutterbee Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:34 pm

My great grandma is my guardian angel.  She's comforted me and given me guidance and comfort through dreams, let me know that she's there in a multitude of ways...tapping the wall, plucking a harp string, and now I'm able to occasionally hear her.  When I've yearned for my Grandma she brought her to me through my dreams and then later brought my Grandpa for a brief visit.  She is the one that is always there.  There was a feather that I was drawn to, literally walked into a field and found it there and had to bring it into my house.  A day or two went by and a replica of that feather was on my doorstep.  The feather is a dove feather.  I spoke with a medium and the first word out of her mouth was her name.  I could tell you so many things.  The warmth, kindness and reassurance. I don't know if she was my guardian angel all of my life, I do know that she is now though and I am so blessed and thankful.  And also that I have another too.  But that she is the main one.  My heart explodes with love and joy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:04 am