Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

'Bad' Spirit Guides

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

'Bad' Spirit Guides Empty 'Bad' Spirit Guides

Post  Violet Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:30 pm

I'm amazed everytime I hear of someone mentioning a 'bad' spirit guide, i've even heard talk of some physically harming them, intimidating them, and frightening them amongst other things, imo this is not a true spirit guide, your thoughts please..

Last edited by Violet on Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

'Bad' Spirit Guides Empty Re: 'Bad' Spirit Guides

Post  innerlight Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:05 am

I've had this conversation on another board.. Just the wording of the topic was a little different, and here are my views on it.

I don't feel there is a need for us to battle negative spirits, or to have them attack us unaware. There is nothing to be gained from that. I think it's part of the thinking that we need to suffer so we can learn. I just don't agree with that thinking. I think we all have the opportunity to be happy.. Bad things do happen. I just do not feel that it's because of evil spirits, or demons.

Now this is to not say that we do not fight our own demons, and fears... But that are internal battles, mainly over our mind, and not some energy sucking monster out to get us because we don't know how to defend ourselves.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:11 am

Trouble is negative spirits can and do attack unawares imo, it wasn't really about demons and such though this discussion, it is more about people actually believing that their spirit guides can harm then :asmile:

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:17 am

That's why I said the wording was a little different. :giggles:

I still say it's not possible. Only because then it would say that our guides leave us vulnerable if guides that pose as them are able to get that close to us, to harm us.

More so that our guides would not step in to prevent that from happening. There is no reason for that to be the case. Nor is there anything we could possibly learn from said circumstance.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:23 am

That's an interesting point about guides leaving us vulnerable to such things but that said they don't stop us crossing the road when we're going to get run over either, they aren't allowed to interfere with earthly life, and it makes you wonder how far they're allowed to interfere in our spiritual life, because if they protected us from every negative in that there would be no need for grounding or protection either (or exorcisms)

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:28 am

Yes, but us walking into the middle of the street, was all our own things we did.

This would be something that we wouldn't really be able to combat. You walking into the street or going outside today. Was all something you chose to do. And had control over what you did. Not what happened.

You being attacked by something you have no idea what it is is out of your control, and you have no say over the matter.

As for protection, it's still in the same boat. If we need all that protection it says then that we are left vulnerable, and alone.

And in that state there is nothing really that one can be learned from that state.. Other than a learning to be fearful when going out in the astral realms.

You don't need to ground... But that is a choice, and helps to cut down on being wobbly, and light headed from not being in your body properly.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:39 am

A lot are fearful of spiritual work, I don't think you should necessarily be fearful but cautious, just as you would be when crossing the road.

Yeah I get that wobbly thing :giggles: I should ground more really

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:45 am

Many are fearful because they heave heard war stories of others. That were attacked, and that their auras became damaged, and their chakra's are broken.. Etc.. Evil entities posing as spirit guides... An ongoing war between good, and bad, light, and dark.. Etc..
    Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female
    Number of posts : 1292
    Job/hobbies : Job; playing with my dogs. Hobbies; playing with my dogs lol

Post  Rainbow Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:48 am

I was only thinking the other day, these people who do really horrible things like murder people for no apparent reason or interfere with kids or the elderly, do they have "bad" spirit guides? Surely they can't have, I was always under the impression that your guide(s) were there to help show you the right path in life .... :scratch:
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:52 am

Rainbow wrote:I was only thinking the other day, these people who do really horrible things like murder people for no apparent reason or interfere with kids or the elderly, do they have "bad" spirit guides? Surely they can't have, I was always under the impression that your guide(s) were there to help show you the right path in life .... :scratch:

We all have the option to not listen to any of the advice we get. In a case like that that would be more of a personal demon. Their own fears, and insecurities have eaten them alive, and they are now, usually because they feel they have no other choice, acting them out.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:55 am

:rage: I just spent ages on a post and lost it :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female
    Number of posts : 1292
    Job/hobbies : Job; playing with my dogs. Hobbies; playing with my dogs lol

Post  Rainbow Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:56 am

It's a shame they can't beat you with a big stick til you get on the right path...
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:58 am

Rainbow wrote:It's a shame they can't beat you with a big stick til you get on the right path...

Well they do... It's just our freewill to ignore that.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:58 am

Violet wrote::rage: I just spent ages on a post and lost it :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Always save long posts.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:01 am

You know when someone has posted when you're writing and you get that box up? I don't always notice or I click the wrong button :banghead: :banghead:

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:46 am

IMO, it's not a spirit guide that is harming someone. It would just be a malicious spirit. The term itself, guide, implies that it is someone that is guiding. If they are attacking a person, they are not guiding.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:56 am

A true spirit guide would never harm you, though occasionally a bad spirit may masquerade as a guide, there is an old saying 'test ye the spirits' and it is always wise to ask for some kind of evidence from your guides, if you are in doubt.
    I've heard people say their guides have belittled them, hurt them, mocked them and even physically attacked them, if this is happening to you this is not your spirit guide and you should seek help from an experienced medium.

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:58 am

I will echo Violet's sentiments. Guides are beings of love, and patience. If they are being rude to you. You are not speaking to a guide. If they are bossy you are not speaking to a guide. Nor do you have to tolerate any of that.

Send them away, if you say they are guides, and tell them to return when they "grow up."
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:59 am

I have been wondering something: Where does it say that spirit guides have to be good and/or guide us down the 'right' path?

WE chose the guides that we wanted to help us along our journey in the physical. WE may have chosen to have a few 'bad' apples thrown in along the way to help us grow in ways that we may not understand with our limited minds.

IMO it is not our guides job to keep us totally from harm and danger, but to gently guide us along our path and help us learn. If they spent all their time protecting us from 'evil' things in the astral and the physical, where would they find the time to help us learn? And, where would we find the lessons to learn if no 'evil' was allowed near us?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:13 am

but to gently guide us along our path and help us learn. If they spent all their time protecting us from 'evil' things in the astral and the physical, where would they find the time to help us learn?

They don't protect us from all evil, people with guides still get murdered abused etc, their purpose is to guide, not live it for us and take away our free will as that would be interference not guidance, and even if our guide said 'don't take the short cut down that back alley tonight' who would listen?
    Many aren't even aware of a guide but they do get bad feelings about things 'something tells them not to do it' and yet often they still do it and then later cry 'why didn't I listen I knew something bad would happen.'

My life was saved by a guide when I was small, I believe sometimes we are meant to be saved from bad things, other times not in order for us to grow.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:38 pm