Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Emotional Meditations

Raven
    Raven

Female
    Number of posts : 72
    Job/hobbies : Writing
    Registration date : 2009-05-18

Emotional Meditations Empty Emotional Meditations

Post  Raven Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:59 am

Hi Everyone, sorry I haven't been around for ages. I hope everyone is going well Emotional Meditations 21581

I was wondering if anyone had experiences with meditation where they experience overwhelming emotion?

I used to meditate a lot then all of a sudden I stopped. I even remember the meditation down to it's last detail. It was quite an intense meditation which I did in hospital after I had an operation. It was a visual meditation and it freaked me out just a little because there was someone there, but not a negative someone. A positive someone, but they were a bit too much to look at. I know that doesn't make sense, but that's the best I can describe it.

So I couldn't meditate for ages after that and since then I've started and stopped a few times because I really want to. I've been meditating since I was about 12 and then in recent years I developed a chronic illness so I feel even more need to meditate at times.

I lost the ability to guide myself in meditation so I bought a guided cd which is really good, but I end up crying during it. Not sadness or anything, but the emotions I'm feeling are so overwhelming it's the only way I can let it out. And this has happened before when I did a guided meditation by Deepak Chopra which is for healing illness and stuff and that was even worse.

I realised they both have the same theme. Healing energy, love and acceptance basically. And even though I want those things, I find it a bit scary having such an overwhelming feeling during a meditation session and it sort of makes me want to steer clear of it even though I get the sense I shouldn't.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Emotional Meditations Empty Re: Emotional Meditations

Post  Violet Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:15 am

Hi Raven good to see you Emotional Meditations 621623
    this bit you wrote here: but the emotions I'm feeling are so overwhelming it's the only way I can let it out.
    I think you've sort of answered your own question there as meditation can often take us to a point we can't normally reach in our day to day life, so feelings we bottle up can be released in this way, these are just my opinions and others may offer a different perspective.

When you mentioned someone being there but a good one and them being too much to look at, this could have been a spirit, maybe an angel if you believe in angels, they may have just been a little overwhelming for you at that time in your life.
    I'd advise relaxing your meditations a little, begin to get gently back into it by simply relaxing to pleasant music, burn incense or have flowers nearby anything which makes you feel good, simply relax for a while just letting your thoughts come and go, when you feel ready and if it is comfortable to do so take a deep breath in through your nose, hold for a couple of seconds, then blow it out (slowly) through your mouth. Do this a few times (perhaps 3 to start) then allow yourself to just enjoy being in the still time for a while.
    If you are nervous put up a bubble of white light before you even begin, make sure it completely encloses you. If things move too fast, simply ask them to be gentler with you and to slow down.

Hope this helps Emotional Meditations 46693

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Raven
    Raven

Female
    Number of posts : 72
    Job/hobbies : Writing
    Registration date : 2009-05-18

Post  Raven Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:27 am

Thanks Violet Emotional Meditations 21581 I'll try those things out. It wouldn't surprise me if it is emotions I've had bottled up because I'm quite the loner and in the last year have felt even more isolated and closed up when it comes to my emotions and also with my relationships. It's also only been in the last few years I've had that reaction too.

I'm wondering if that was a visitation because I was in need of healing at the time. I don't know and I haven't really given myself to speculating on it either because I think it was too much to deal with at the time or I wasn't ready for it. The more I think about it though the more curious I am!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:00 pm