Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Responsible meditations?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Responsible meditations? Empty Responsible meditations?

Post  Violet Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:18 pm

The guided ones specifically, is it just me, or isn't it a good thing at practically the beginning of a guided meditation to try and get someone out of their body??? Isn't that kind of thing advanced meditation or am I old fashioned? Shouldn't peoople begin with gentle meditations first and work up to such things and shouldn't the people creating these guided ones state clearly on the cases what is involved?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Responsible meditations? Empty Re: Responsible meditations?

Post  skye Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:02 pm

Violet wrote:The guided ones specifically, is it just me, or isn't it a good thing at practically the beginning of a guided meditation to try and get someone out of their body??? Isn't that kind of thing advanced meditation or am I old fashioned? Shouldn't peoople begin with gentle meditations first and work up to such things and shouldn't the people creating these guided ones state clearly on the cases what is involved?

Hi Violet,
    You have got me with this one!!! I don't understand the need or purpose of getting someone out of their body when they're doing a meditation at any level?
    Guided meditations imo are useful for training the mind to focus on one thing at a time so as to learn to help control our thoughts which is necessary for those wishing to do mediumship. They can help those people who wish nothing more than to feel relaxed and calm at the end of their day also.
    I find more often than not that people tend to ignore any guidance that is offered before they begin doing any form of mental exercise. They may listen but they do not always hear!
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:38 am

Hi Skye, got to admit I was shocked, you make a good point here too
    I find more often than not that people tend to ignore any guidance that is offered before they begin doing any form of mental exercise. They may listen but they do not always hear!

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:40 am

Violet wrote:The guided ones specifically, is it just me, or isn't it a good thing at practically the beginning of a guided meditation to try and get someone out of their body??? Isn't that kind of thing advanced meditation or am I old fashioned? Shouldn't peoople begin with gentle meditations first and work up to such things and shouldn't the people creating these guided ones state clearly on the cases what is involved?
    Hello

I have to ask the idea of getting out of the body means to go to the state of "Astral Travel "? To have a jouney ?
    I have had Guided Meditaitons to do this while I can Astral freely from me with just a thought I have been able to stay put in the body with contol of the Mind not wondering out on journey til it is requested to do so. They are at times a relaxing and safe meditaiton if done properly most times in a group setting where one feels the comfort of others aroud them. Too where one has a feeling of safetly.
    Is it a place to start for someone that has NEVER done a meditation I would have to say no . One does not know how the physical body is going to react to a meditaton as there are some real health concerns to think on. One being the heart and breathing rates. At times fear can enter into the meditation when one starts relax into too deep of a state and the brain kicks in and triggers the fear response. Too blood pressure and body temperature changes at times happen. Too there can be the issues of how long one is in a meditaiton for some there are medical issues around that time frame too.

Like all things slow and in moderation is always the best process. Slow steps into bigger and deeper meditaions. I personally NEVER meditate alone anymore. I went in too deep one night and got a good scare. I do Guided meditations with Crystal Bowls being played but we all control our journeys. I too do a Guided meditation to start me Mediumship Workshop again though we are Guided by the CD in a very controled way.

Lynn
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:24 pm

It seems there can often be a misunderstanding of the word meditation/guided meditation and what it's purpose is.

I'm sure that i'm not alone in understanding meditation is a passive exercise where we go within self to find Self, and then lose self. I just don't see how meditating like this can cause harm to any one person, there is absolutely nothing to fear only fear itself.

If someone is astral travelling then wouldn't it be safe to say they are not meditating despite any claims that they think they are? When we astral travel we can't enter the spirit world. We find ourselves on the astral plane which exists between both worlds.

Whilst there we can meet people who are alive on the earth plane, and also meet people who are from the spiritual plane. So, rather than being in a state of relaxation - as for meditation - wouldn't it be preferable if we were active and alert to ensure our own welfare?
    Or, there's another alternative and this is I have got it all wrong.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:46 pm