Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
GypsyDream
Cassy7
jcam@sii
miniboobum
Kaere
Violet
10 posters

Arthritis

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Arthritis Empty Arthritis

Post  Violet Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:48 pm

Is there anything herbal which can be used alongside prescription medicine to help with the pain of arthritis? Thanks in advance.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Arthritis Empty Re: Arthritis

Post  Kaere Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:02 pm

You might be interested in checking out this site Violet http://lakotaherbs.com/Home.aspx

I've never used their products myself so cannot vouch for them. The products are available in most drug stores here.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:08 pm

Thanks Kaere, I will pass that link on (it's for a family member)Arthritis 821538

miniboobum
    miniboobum

Female
    Number of posts : 91
    Job/hobbies : mum
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  miniboobum Sat May 01, 2010 10:09 pm

this might sound odd but avoid tomatoes, there is something in them that can flair the swelling, i was told this years ago and it works i stopped eating them and the pain lessened.
    the other thing to try would be the bach flower remadies i cant remember which one as i have not used them in over a year but if you go to your local health food store they should tell you. the main thing i used was heat if you can get the heat bags that you microwave they are great as they stay hot for ages and keep moving.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Cassy7
    Cassy7

Female
    Number of posts : 369
    Job/hobbies : Retired. I love walking my dogs by the sea, gardening and researching my family tree.
    Registration date : 2013-07-12

Post  Cassy7 Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:10 pm

Violet wrote:Is there anything herbal which can be used alongside prescription medicine to help with the pain of arthritis?  Thanks in advance.
    Hi Violet

This isn't herbal - but I have hereditary arthritis and take 1500 mg of glucosamine per day - any less and it doesn't really have any effect.  You can get the 1500 mg tablets online.  It keeps mine under control.  I have a relative with the same problem and she also takes cod liver oil and green lipped muscle - she says that the combination of the three is better than any prescription drugs she has been given - she's had arthritis since she was 14 and she's now over 60, so it's well tested!

Hope this helps

Cassy x
    GypsyDream
    GypsyDream

Female
    Number of posts : 158
    Registration date : 2014-01-20

Arthritis Empty Qigong for Arthritis

Post  GypsyDream Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Hi, Violet. The qigong master I follow, Master Chunyi Lin, was nearly crippled from arthritis until he discovered qigong. Qigong is similar to T'ai chi, and a similar thing to yoga.  It involves exercises, and breathing exercises. It also involves learning new ways to think.
    I've heard that many Native American healers say that arthritis is caused by rigid thinking. 
     I do a little yoga myself, and I feel that is a reason that the arthritis symptoms I once had are gone.
      I also read that three things are good for arthritis: Keeping the area warm.  Gentle stretching. And vitamin C. I make use of all three of these things, and, like I say, I don't have symptoms any more.
      Chunyi Lin's healing practice is called Spring Forest Qigong, and it is on the web.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:44 pm

jcam@sii wrote:Arthritis is lamented disease of heav-iness  of bones - strong on due. Persons over 40 get that way thru quarrel or panic. Your 'cute, strong & cut' remedy from - ie - is toothpaste massaged as a layed at the connect of your power move of bone proper connect. Evening time, yes. Place some at bedtime [ no distraction ]  I expect a full release of recovery thru toothpaste application due arthritis. Due recovery on it's way.

Toothpaste power [ arthritis solution ] 88 %  ..

Now that's something I didn't know.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:50 pm

I'm suffering from that at the moment...extreme pain in the lower and higher back.   Mostly the lower at the moment.   The pain is terrible so been laid up most of the day on the settee.

Mine was due to a fall.     I would do anything to get rid of the pain...
    Under doctor and hospital still hasn't improved the pain....

One of the worst diseases of all....
    GypsyDream
    GypsyDream

Female

Arthritis Empty So Sorry to hear what you're going through

Post  GypsyDream Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:00 pm

I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through, Spirit Voices. I had some suggestions, too, and they are in the post before this one that I wrote. I hope you're doing better.
    norseman
    norseman

Male
    Number of posts : 318
    Job/hobbies : Striding the hedge
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  norseman Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:09 pm

There is a tale that the "inventor" of Acupressure cured his own mother of arthritis using massage of the joints.

jcam - I wonder if the toothpaste cure is due to the oil of peppermint in toothpaste.
    GypsyDream
    GypsyDream

Female

Arthritis Empty Acupressure

Post  GypsyDream Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:16 pm

Hi, again, Spirit Voices. I forgot to mention that when I injured myself last year, I used acupressure to heal. I am symptom free now.

Acupressure, of course, is different than acupuncture. Acupuncture is with needles, and is something that a doctor does. Acupressure is free, and you can do it yourself.

There is an acupressure point behind each knee, in the center of the area behind the knee. This is a good point to press for back pain. I think you just use one finger and press steadily for a minute or two, and then rub that area.  Then do it again later.

I have a book on acupressure that tells where all the points are. It's called Acupressure's Potent Points: A Guide to self care for common ailments  by Michael Reed Gach. It is available on Amazon.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:23 pm

norseman wrote:There is a tale that the "inventor" of Acupressure cured his own mother of arthritis using massage of the joints.

jcam - I wonder if the toothpaste cure is due to the oil of peppermint in toothpaste.
    'oil of peppermint' ?
    Is that good,norseman?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:26 pm

GypsyDream wrote:Hi, again, Spirit Voices. I forgot to mention that when I injured myself last year, I used acupressure to heal. I am symptom free now.

Acupressure, of course, is different than acupuncture. Acupuncture is with needles, and is something that a doctor does. Acupressure is free, and you can do it yourself.

There is an acupressure point behind each knee, in the center of the area behind the knee. This is a good point to press for back pain. I think you just use one finger and press steadily for a minute or two, and then rub that area.  Then do it again later.

I have a book on acupressure that tells where all the points are. It's called Acupressure's Potent Points: A Guide to self care for common ailments  by Michael Reed Gach. It is available on Amazon.
    Hope you don't mind if I jot that info down?
    This is the worst pain I have ever suffered...been nearly immobile all day long...
    GypsyDream
    GypsyDream

Female

Arthritis Empty Two more ways to heal back pain

Post  GypsyDream Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Spirit Voices, that'd be great if I was helpful. I know two other things that help a lot with back pain. One technique is to lie down on your back and draw your knees up to your chest. You can wrap your arms around your legs as you relax into this.

The other thing was taught to me by an old, wise man who stayed healthy all his life. He said there are people who do this who have healed from the most serious of back problems.
    You walk on all fours. This doesn't mean crawling like a baby. It means bending over so that you walk with the flat of your hands pressing against the floor. It's similar to a moving version of the yoga pose Downward Dog.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:48 pm

I've taken that down as well....bless you.... :asmile:
    GypsyDream
    GypsyDream

Female

Arthritis Empty You're Welcome

Post  GypsyDream Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:50 pm

You're welcome, Spirit Voices!
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:25 am

Sorry to hear you're in pain JOanie, I hope you feel better soon and thank you for all the advice in this thread :flo: 

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:56 am

I just trot after everyone else's posts,Violet.......follow them long....lol
    Spirit of Light
    Spirit of Light

Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2014-05-31

Post  Spirit of Light Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:10 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:I'm suffering from that at the moment...extreme pain in the lower and higher back.   Mostly the lower at the moment.   The pain is terrible so been laid up most of the day on the settee.

I am sorry to hear that, but, arthritis is cumulative and degenerative, it would not have been suddenly caused by a fall? It sounds like they have misdiagnosed or did you have the arthritis before the fall? Have they prescribed anti -inflammatories? They work really well if you find the right one.
    Cassy7
    Cassy7

Female
    Job/hobbies : Retired. I love walking my dogs by the sea, gardening and researching my family tree.

Post  Cassy7 Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Cassy7 wrote:
    Violet wrote:Is there anything herbal which can be used alongside prescription medicine to help with the pain of arthritis?  Thanks in advance.
    Hi Violet

This isn't herbal - but I have hereditary arthritis and take 1500 mg of glucosamine per day - any less and it doesn't really have any effect.  You can get the 1500 mg tablets online.  It keeps mine under control.  I have a relative with the same problem and she also takes cod liver oil and green lipped muscle - she says that the combination of the three is better than any prescription drugs she has been given - she's had arthritis since she was 14 and she's now over 60, so it's well tested!

Hope this helps

Cassy x

Should read "green-lipped mussel" - not muscle! 
    Cassy7
    Cassy7

Female

Post  Cassy7 Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:46 pm

Spirit of Light wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:I'm suffering from that at the moment...extreme pain in the lower and higher back.   Mostly the lower at the moment.   The pain is terrible so been laid up most of the day on the settee.

I am sorry to hear that, but, arthritis is cumulative and degenerative, it would not have been suddenly caused by a fall? It sounds like they have misdiagnosed or did you have the arthritis before the fall? Have they prescribed anti -inflammatories? They work really well if you find the right one.

I'm not able to take anti-inflammatories by mouth, and when I get a flare up of arthritis- for example after gardening - I use ibuprofen gel which you rub into the skin.  You can buy the gel over the counter and it does work well.
    Spirit of Light
    Spirit of Light

Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2014-05-31

Post  Spirit of Light Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:14 pm

Cassy I am so pleased that you find relieve from the gels and hope that they work for you for  a long time to come. I am afraid that I am a bit past that stage and need something more powerful to keep me walking. Exercise is most important and that old saying if you don't use it you lose it is paramount with arthritis.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:29 am

Did anyone use the toothpaste im intrigued...they have been used for a variety of things over the years, I believe it was used on 'hickeys' (lovebites) years back, and spots as jcam said, it might be worth running a toothpaste thread as it can be used for cleaning silver and all sorts of things.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:13 am