Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
GypsyDream
Cassy7
jcam@sii
miniboobum
Kaere
Violet
10 posters

Arthritis

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Arthritis - Page 2 Empty Arthritis

Post  Violet Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Is there anything herbal which can be used alongside prescription medicine to help with the pain of arthritis? Thanks in advance.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Arthritis - Page 2 Empty Re: Arthritis

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:23 am

Cassy7 wrote:
    Spirit of Light wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:I'm suffering from that at the moment...extreme pain in the lower and higher back.   Mostly the lower at the moment.   The pain is terrible so been laid up most of the day on the settee.

Mine was due to a fall.     I would do anything to get rid of the pain...
    Under doctor and hospital still hasn't improved the pain....

One of the worst diseases of all....

I am sorry to hear that, but, arthritis is cumulative and degenerative, it would not have been suddenly caused by a fall? It sounds like they have misdiagnosed or did you have the arthritis before the fall? Have they prescribed anti -inflammatories? They work really well if you find the right one.

I'm not able to take anti-inflammatories by mouth, and when I get a flare up of arthritis- for example after gardening - I use ibuprofen gel which you rub into the skin.  You can buy the gel over the counter and it does work well
    Good stuff,I use that too.
    Cassy7
    Cassy7

Female
    Number of posts : 369
    Job/hobbies : Retired. I love walking my dogs by the sea, gardening and researching my family tree.
    Registration date : 2013-07-12

Post  Cassy7 Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:46 am

SpiritVoices wrote:
    Cassy7 wrote:
    Spirit of Light wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:I'm suffering from that at the moment...extreme pain in the lower and higher back.   Mostly the lower at the moment.   The pain is terrible so been laid up most of the day on the settee.

I am sorry to hear that, but, arthritis is cumulative and degenerative, it would not have been suddenly caused by a fall? It sounds like they have misdiagnosed or did you have the arthritis before the fall? Have they prescribed anti -inflammatories? They work really well if you find the right one.

I'm not able to take anti-inflammatories by mouth, and when I get a flare up of arthritis- for example after gardening - I use ibuprofen gel which you rub into the skin.  You can buy the gel over the counter and it does work well
    Is your back better now Joan? 
    Yushri

Female
    Number of posts : 112
    Job/hobbies : Housekeeper
    Registration date : 2014-08-20

Post  Yushri Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:16 am

Ribes nigrum might help arthritis.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:19 pm

Cassy7 wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:
    Cassy7 wrote:
    Spirit of Light wrote:

Is your back better now Joan? 
    Not really Cassy,still throbs most of the time but used to it now....Sitting now on the armchair with cushion behind me...Oh Lord,I'm getting old! :worry:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:25 pm