Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-Meditation

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Pre-Meditation Empty Pre-Meditation

Post  Violet Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:29 pm

Pre - Meditation Hmm an interesting bit of wordplay there, but here we go...

I thought i'd share with you some of my personal findings on meditation, or more specifically pre - meditation.
    The period just before you meditate is probably more important, in some ways, than the meditation itself. For instance if you are completely stressed out, you either won't be able to shut off from that, or be able to relax enough. (That said, some people do have an uncanny ability to quickly and easily alter their mindset.)
    The other thing which many people struggle with initially is self doubt, a lack of confidence in their own ability, if you go into a meditation telling yourself that you 'can't do it', or that it's 'not going to work,' quite simply, it won't. So stay as positive as you possibly can, look forward to the meditation regardless of the outcome, don't expect too much the first few times, and above all enjoy it.
    I will follow this up shortly with some techniques for relaxation.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:41 pm