Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
GoldenDragon1132
AllanMurray
Lightseeker
skfarblum
Aura
Rainbow
AngelTony
PPrncpl7
psychoslice
Panda
sparkly
Deepwaters
Viking
SpiritVoices
zerdini
Kayga
mac
Lynn
innerlight
Kaere
radiclol
Violet
26 posters

What if there was no afterlife?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

What if there was no afterlife? - Page 10 Empty What if there was no afterlife?

Post  Violet Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Suppose someone proved there was no afterlife how would this affect you, I don't mean regarding your beliefs as such, but would it make you more fearful of death?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

What if there was no afterlife? - Page 10 Empty Re: What if there was no afterlife?

Post  mac Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:56 pm

Lightseeker wrote:Hello mac,

The Boy was about 8 years old and stood lookng into my Wndow from the rear Garden at a House used to lve at n Stenson Felds Derby. The house itself was comparatively new ..post war buld n 1999. I was at my Ktchen sink. reached for my tea towel lookng away for only an instant to dry my hands. The Garden was secured with 6 feet high fence panels surroundng it. n the time it took me to reach for the tea towel , the boy had vanshed. He was looking at me through the Kitchen Wndow, and then he had vanished.

Another Little Girl used to vist regularly a house on Dairyhouse Road in Derby that I also used to live at which was slghtly older being built just before the turn of the last century. My Wife and a regular visitor at the time reported sghting her , I only saw her once or twice on the stairs. It may be that all of these were resdual. As I don't recall the cold spot that one experiences when visitations are bulding to activity.

I worked as a Night Porter at the Midland Hotel in Derby towards the end of the last Century and pror to that in The St Christophers Rail Way Orphanage (derelect and abandoned) on Ashbourne Road and further down on Friargate the Royal school of the Deaf (Derelict and Abandoned, now demolished ) I have encountered the Chldrens laughter.

In relation to the topic to hand, I suspect that these were residual encounters with the possible exception of the first when it seemed the Child in the Wndow was actually looking to see what I was doing.

I now come back to esmii, because I do recall a time when I received a possible confirmation of an intelligence working without a brain. I had moved into a house that had been modified and recall getting the impression during a meditation that the previous occupant was in something of a state of annoyance and wanted to know why the snk had been moved and where was it now. It was a distinct, "What do you think you are doing re arranging my home lke this".

I think my most proufound haunting occurred at Old Nottngham Road in Derby. This was a malignant Visitation wth a degree of both Poltergeist activity and something of a malicious nature in the respect that the Man chose to traumatised one of my Daughters. I saw most notably the Cat Ghost. The History of the place was somewhat chequred with the previous occupant being found dead surrounded by spirit bottles having OD'd on alcohol. It is and has always been of interest to me how emotions trigger hauntings. For example, f my Wife and I had an argument..as you do.. The poltergeist activity would begin , with objects being thrown.

I am gong on a bit What if there was no afterlife? - Page 10 456793388 ......I have been on a number of investigations and the whole subject to me as one of interest. So I do apologise for waffling on I should add as a foot note to mac that I had the pleasure of spending a wonderful evening of paranormal investigation at the Galleries of Justice in your fair City.

thanks - Now I follow. And you've done Mansfield too, eh?
    Lightseeker
    Lightseeker

Male
    Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

What if there was no afterlife? - Page 10 Empty Re: What if there was no afterlife?

Post  Lightseeker Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:52 pm

Violet wrote:Suppose someone proved there was no afterlife how would this affect you, I don't mean regarding your beliefs as such, but would it make you more fearful of death?

I have drifted way too far off topicWhat if there was no afterlife? - Page 10 160943 The answer is. It would not bother me at all , finally...What if there was no afterlife? - Page 10 738889 I wish I'd have said that in the frst place, Oh and mac, you most likely are more familiar with me using the name Neville What if there was no afterlife? - Page 10 371183
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:00 pm

Lightseeker wrote:
    Violet wrote:Suppose someone proved there was no afterlife how would this affect you, I don't mean regarding your beliefs as such, but would it make you more fearful of death?

I have drifted way too far off topicWhat if there was no afterlife? - Page 10 160943 The answer is. It would not bother me at all , finally...What if there was no afterlife? - Page 10 738889 I wish I'd have said that in the frst place, Oh and mac, you most likely are more familiar with me using the name Neville What if there was no afterlife? - Page 10 371183

ah, yes! What if there was no afterlife? - Page 10 28115
    Aura

Female
    Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2011-10-23

Post  Aura Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:31 pm

spirit children are wonderful. i have sat in christmas physical demonstrations aimed for the spirit children. lots of toys wrapped up, drums, tambourines, tinsel etc. stella who works on the other side with the physical medium in question, works with children only over there and she brings them for the xmas physical. its such a wonderful experience. all the children she brings, their excited laughter and chattering as they open the presents playing on the little keyboards and drums, putting xmas paper hats on the sitters. truly wondrous and happy. many come and ask why their mums and dads are not there, but they all play excitedly. after the demonstration, you should see the state of the room-a big mess..lol. what is wondrous is when people are sitted with shoes and laces tied up and shoes are swapped over to other sitters and after seance you'v got someone else's shoes on and the laces are tied! and you didnt feel it taken off! sometimes you do but many times you dont and you find yourself wearing an odd pair of someone's shoes with laces still tied! if you ever get the chance to sit in a xmas physical demonstration specifically for the spirit children, it is truly wonderful. i remember oneof my first physical sittings i wasw invited to in a home circle and that was late 80's and all these toddlers rushed up to me, little hands all over me, excited. i remember shrieking 'oh my god, there are lots of children round me, little toddlers'. i was truly amazed. i have since got used to the physical phenomena over the years, had my proof 1000% over and more but it still never ceases to amaze me. and the love they come with, both the children and the helpers who work so hard over there to make physical materialisation possible. there are sad times such as when a loved one comes through for the first time and gets so upset and overwhelmed to talk to their loved ones here. that happened when my sister came through. she was so upset and full of emotion to talk to myself and my sister. she sobbed as she came through, stayed to talk. and to give total evidence, my sister spoke to her in a foreign language and she answered in that language and spoke. my sister wanted to keep the conversation private and maybe to be completely sure it was her thats why she spoke in that language. my little sis spoke and talked back but she was so upset at her first contact and visit, grandma who brought her, took her back then immediately came back and said sorry but whe had to take her back, she was so upset and overwhelmed to have the contact. there are sad tears with their being able to come through physically and talk for the first time but there are also happy communications. before they come through, you should see the amazing levitation of the heavy table and then it spins up in the air. no human could lift that heavy table and spin it round so fast. i have seen all these with my own eyes. i wish i could sit in such every week, but it is not possible. but iv been blessed to see all these since the late 80s, and i will see more. physical materialisations does still carry on. there are just not many mediums. some like david thompson now lives in australia but still works and does UK tours. but you have to understand that they dont let just any joe public come in. the safety of the medium is utmost importance. a truly wonderful physical medium who worked for the last 20years and has sadly not worked for the last 2 due to ill health is mavis king. her materialisations were truly wonderful to behold. she worked quietly and her physical demonstrations were not advertised but were always packed with sitters who were vetted thoroughly. this lady in question has suffered burns to her stomach in the early days when the odd accident happened and the ectoplasm rushed back into her body at speed. this causes burns. at the time that happened she left her circle but then came back and carried on working but became very careful who was allowed in, usually experienced sitters known to them and presidents etc of the SNU churches. i sat in her last seance 2 years ago before she stopped due to ill health and being in her 70s now. but there are others and there are others still in training in circles. i plan in the new year to sit in a private circle as a visitor to see a transfiguration medium. he is still developing so is not publicly demonstrating but has astonishing transfigurations now and lucky me will be going to see this x
    Aura

Female

Post  Aura Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:29 pm

i am posting this as i rang and spoke to a physical medium as i had the question to ask about brain activity as that got me thinking and i wanted answers. i am lucky i am able to contact this physical medium. the answer i got is as follows:- i typed as it was given to me:- the brain and the mind are separate. obviously the body cannot die if the brain is still working but once th brain dies the body is instantly dead but the mind which is a separate entity which holds your love, your likes, your dislikes, your memories of all that has happened within your lifetime does not die. it continues living as you do. as your mind lives so do you. within the mind is the consciousness of all experiences, all happenings within your lifetime. your memories, your loves, your dislikes. all your feelings still go with you. and that is why when you have a reading with a good medium that person who comes from the spirit world can give proof of who they are to the person they wish to speak to. that explains it. that describes what happens. a good book to buy about children in the spirit world is called 'CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT' BY KAREN WOOD. this book describes children from miscarriages through to various ages who describe their life in our world and how they reached the spirit world and the help they got there to help them adapt and the love that was given to them by those already there. Remember other religions preach survival after death, but as spiritualists, we try to prove. Big difference in preaching to proving isnt there. The words above came direct from the physical mediums mouth and i typed as i spoke over the phone. now down to me -i know this book has helped a lot of people because it has me. My son passed and i read it cover to cover. i got a lot of understanding and comfort. I also spoke to the author herself after reading to thank her. The author has sat in the physical demonstrations iv sat in over the past many years. i will now say blessings to you all and i hope the light shines in you xx
    Aura

Female

Post  Aura Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:33 pm

the medium also said thats why sometimes you go somewhere or meet someone you dont know and yet there is some recognition. you wonder why as you've never been there or met that person. that is not your brain. that is your mind, your consciousness where that link is to that place or person. I am pleased to have had this conversation today which i have typed out. it has helped my understanding greatly and enhanced my understanding spiritually. I am blessed to have contact with some very advanced teachers and mediums who still reside on our earth plane. Blessings to you all x
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:15 am

Hi Emsii your Christmas physical demonstration sounds amazing I have felt spirit children touch and sit on me it's an incredible feeling.

Thank you for sharing and if ever I got the chance to attend one I would. I've heard of Mavis King, can't remember where though.

All of what you recorded from your phone call makes total and perfect sense to me, I will look out for that book too.

the medium also said thats why sometimes you go somewhere or meet someone you dont know and yet there is some recognition. you wonder why as you've never been there or met that person. that is not your brain. that is your mind, your consciousness where that link is to that place or person. I am pleased to have had this conversation today which i have typed out. it has helped my understanding greatly and enhanced my understanding spiritually. I am blessed to have contact with some very advanced teachers and mediums who still reside on our earth plane. Blessings to you all x

Thank you for all three of your posts, not just for myself but for others who will read it maybe even years from nowWhat if there was no afterlife? - Page 10 21581

AllanMurray
    AllanMurray

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2011-11-05

Post  AllanMurray Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:26 pm

how i see it is if there no afterlife we will be none the wiser so nothing to worry about. i hope there is an afterlife. and i hope i get the chance to meet the people who have inspired me so far in my life
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:56 pm

Hi Allan would you be disappointed if you found out now, years and years before you die, that there was no afterlife, if somehow someone managed to prove there wasn't?

AllanMurray
    AllanMurray

Registration date : 2011-11-05

Post  AllanMurray Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:04 am

i dont think i would be to bothered to behonest. theres would be no way of escaping the final outcome so just got to get on with it
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:08 am

Yes, a good point thatWhat if there was no afterlife? - Page 10 28115

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:02 am

No afterlife?

Well,it would be the 'long sleep' as my father used to say.

Not sure which is better.

What if there was no afterlife? - Page 10 809779
    Aura

Female

What if there was no afterlife? - Page 10 Empty no whats cos there is !

Post  Aura Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:38 pm

no what's cos there is !!
    GoldenDragon1132
    GoldenDragon1132
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2012-07-04

Post  GoldenDragon1132 Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:03 am

Honestly I wouldn't be scared, I've never actually been scared of death. My culture is if you die you get reborn into a human if you were good in life and into an animal or something else if you were bad in life. But even if I don't get reborn and there is no afterlife I still wouldn't be afraid or scared. I don't know why I'm not afraid of it, I enjoy life but I've not afraid to die. But I would like to live long enough to be able to be done with school, get a job, start a family, and see my kids go through all of that and see my grand kids get born but when time does come for me to go I won't put up a fight because I know I've done what I wanted in life and it's time to move on. I actually feel rather peaceful with death for some reason and I don't really mind if there is no afterlife. Death is something I've actually put a lot of thought into and yet I don't feel scared when my mind goes 'What if I die?' I have a rather calm feeling when my mind does that.
    Aura

Female

What if there was no afterlife? - Page 10 Empty :-)

Post  Aura Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:30 pm

no on can prove it as it does exist and has been proven to me as i see spirit and i also have spoken and touched materialised people. so if someone said that to me id feel pity for them and feel sorry for them for their blindness and not having seen the proof i have. Blessings x
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:25 pm

GoldenDragon1132 wrote:Honestly I wouldn't be scared, I've never actually been scared of death. My culture is if you die you get reborn into a human if you were good in life and into an animal or something else if you were bad in life. But even if I don't get reborn and there is no afterlife I still wouldn't be afraid or scared. I don't know why I'm not afraid of it, I enjoy life but I've not afraid to die. But I would like to live long enough to be able to be done with school, get a job, start a family, and see my kids go through all of that and see my grand kids get born but when time does come for me to go I won't put up a fight because I know I've done what I wanted in life and it's time to move on. I actually feel rather peaceful with death for some reason and I don't really mind if there is no afterlife. Death is something I've actually put a lot of thought into and yet I don't feel scared when my mind goes 'What if I die?' I have a rather calm feeling when my mind does that.
    Perhaps your culture and beliefs have helped in this respect, it's good to know someone so young doesn't fear it, whatever there is after death.

Aura

Female

What if there was no afterlife? - Page 10 Empty there definitely is after life !

Post  Aura Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:50 pm

started sitting in the cabinet in december... we'v now got spirit lights flying in the room. i dont see this as im shut in the cabinet and go to somewhere i dont know, oblivion? i call it lullaby land :-) well when i come round everyone is excited at the lights that flash in the room moving like stars. fluorescent tabs on trumpet are covered - a hand goes over the top of trumpet and light disappears, then the whole tabs top and bottom disappear and then come back and then go off for a time. one of the workers on the team (on the other sided) said she was going to walk round the room and touch people - my daughter got her trousers tugged and a lady felt someone touch her head. lol :-) and who says - what if its proven there is no after life.. ha ha... THERE IS ! ps. there are about 12 people sitting who see all this. me? i dont see, im out. though 4 wks ago at the end when the red light was put on and we were talking, the trumpet tabs just went off. i was so pleased as i saw this as dont forget im out when it all happens...lol. this i saw and i shrieked in happiness as we all watched and the lights kept going on and off :-) and the seance had ended. so they were still showing what they were doing but this time with me back. we sit later today and its been suggested to bring some drumming in. i was asked and i said yes sounds good. lift the vibes. theres a native american who comes through singing loudly and heartily when his type of music is played. everyone im told sang so loudly and happily when he did this. right old disco going on...lol. so hey...THERE IS AN AFTER LIFE!
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:32 pm

Fascinating stuff Aura!

sallaso
    sallaso

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2012-08-31

Post  sallaso Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:46 pm

There is after life , but for everyone its different and some the ones too tired or weak willed may decide to merge with the cycle of the multiverse.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:53 pm

Hi Sallaso some believe we all merge eventually

angelman
    angelman

Male
    Number of posts : 67
    Job/hobbies : Spiritual Teacher
    Registration date : 2012-09-12

What if there was no afterlife? - Page 10 Empty There is no afterlife

Post  angelman Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:43 pm

What you are healing is your past, your present and your future. Do not strive for perfection. Your perfect moment is always now. Live in gratitude and return to gratitude when you notice its absence.

now is all that will ever be real, the past will disappear like all dreams do, the future is just another dream not dreamed yet and will disappear to. even when you are finished with your body, now will still be real, that's how we can connect with spirit, because its the only two things the dead and the living share we are both 'spirit now' and will always be 'spirit now' even when we think the dream is real or that we are 'only human'. The promise of a good afterlife was and is a reward offered by religions of all descriptions to keep their members in check with a bad afterlife promised as a punishment for the wrongdoers. Heaven, hell, good, bad, living or dead are all real for whoever is experiencing them NOW.
    p
    skylarker
    skylarker

Registration date : 2012-11-21

Post  skylarker Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:19 pm

If there is no afterlife, then there is no purpose for this life.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:18 pm

Something I never considered,Skylarker. I never thought about.

It gives truth to reincarnation.

I see the afterlife as a staircase. We live through each life going up the staircase,getting higher all the time.

Until we reach that supreme being at the top.

Going back to Physical mediumship,I would say it is the ultimate proof that life does exist after physical death.

We need that proof to believe.

Joanie
    Lord_kyle
    Lord_kyle

Male
    Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2012-12-10

Post  Lord_kyle Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:28 am

It won't make me more fearful of death. There is after life. When you die ,you enter into astral plane,you ain't going out of earth if you think so. And you won't be greeted by peerly gates but rather in an empty lost existence. Astral is BIG. It can be a long time wandering in the astral after death until an enemy Entity of humanity detect you and collect your soul and then they will use your soul's energy for their own purpose. Some people don't even realize that they are dead.
    This is what happens with those who are without Satan and Lack in astral dimension's Knowledge.

Egyptian God Thoth said, "Knowledge gives the power to act in truth and causes life, while ignorance blinds the sight and causes death."
    "Death is the result of ignorance, alone." "A human being needs a map to travel both in this lifetime and beyond."

"How can you travel in life, after death without knowing the way?"
    "The wickedness of the soul is ignorance and the virtue of the soul is knowledge."
    "Live your life and you will never die." "A soul's outcome in the afterlife is based upon knowledge." "Knowledge of past lives can be acquired by breathing exercises, which recall the memory of the soul.

And those egyptian gods are now labelled as "DEMONS"
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:53 am

Actually I don't believe in demons, I do believe there are negative or lower energies though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:47 pm