Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
GoldenDragon1132
AllanMurray
Lightseeker
skfarblum
Aura
Rainbow
AngelTony
PPrncpl7
psychoslice
Panda
sparkly
Deepwaters
Viking
SpiritVoices
zerdini
Kayga
mac
Lynn
innerlight
Kaere
radiclol
Violet
26 posters

What if there was no afterlife?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

What if there was no afterlife? - Page 11 Empty What if there was no afterlife?

Post  Violet Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Suppose someone proved there was no afterlife how would this affect you, I don't mean regarding your beliefs as such, but would it make you more fearful of death?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

What if there was no afterlife? - Page 11 Empty Re: What if there was no afterlife?

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:17 am

Strange I was thinking of this very subject the other day.

What if it turned out not to be true?

When you 'died' you did not pass over to another plane?

Just nothing!

What a let down!

Even at that moment,Spiritualism sites are closing down,not enough interest. Not enough proof?

Spirit remain quiet most times.

We are given proof but we attempt to prove the 'proof'.

Myself,I still believe there is an afterlife.

But how many years is it going to take to convince all that when we 'die' there is another world waiting for us to inhabit?

Joanie
    angelman
    angelman

Male
    Number of posts : 67
    Job/hobbies : Spiritual Teacher
    Registration date : 2012-09-12

What if there was no afterlife? - Page 11 Empty Re: What if there was no afterlife?

Post  angelman Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:28 pm

skylarker wrote:If there is no afterlife, then there is no purpose for this life.

You seem to be waiting to live tomorrow(whether you have a body or not) when in fact you only have NOW to live in.
    If one believes in an "after-life", one must believe in a "previous-life" in order for the "after" to be real.

When will the expected "after-life" stop ?, take it a step further, when you pass with the strong belief in an after-life and you find you are still alive in a non human or solid form, where is your after-life belief now ?.

You have only two choices,
    1 keep the belief in after-life which-if you apply your above quote-renders the next life purposeless too
    2 Change your belief system and except your new existence as "JUST-LIFE" with no more "after" which would in fact be excepting "there is no after life"!

What I am putting forward here is that sooner or later the Idea of AFTER will/must be dropped and the concept of "this is it" accepted.
    I would also put forward that we are spirit NOW, and reaching this realisation is the purpose of life, whether that life be previous, NOW or after.

skylarker
    skylarker

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2012-11-21

Post  skylarker Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:16 am

Very interesting, Angelman. Something to think about.

angelman wrote:
    skylarker wrote:If there is no afterlife, then there is no purpose for this life.

You seem to be waiting to live tomorrow(whether you have a body or not) when in fact you only have NOW to live in.
    If one believes in an "after-life", one must believe in a "previous-life" in order for the "after" to be real.

When will the expected "after-life" stop ?, take it a step further, when you pass with the strong belief in an after-life and you find you are still alive in a non human or solid form, where is your after-life belief now ?.

You have only two choices,
    1 keep the belief in after-life which-if you apply your above quote-renders the next life purposeless too
    2 Change your belief system and except your new existence as "JUST-LIFE" with no more "after" which would in fact be excepting "there is no after life"!

What I am putting forward here is that sooner or later the Idea of AFTER will/must be dropped and the concept of "this is it" accepted.
    I would also put forward that we are spirit NOW, and reaching this realisation is the purpose of life, whether that life be previous, NOW or after.

skylarker
    skylarker

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2012-11-21

Post  skylarker Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:19 am

Joanie,

Very beautifully put! "I see the afterlife as a staircase. We live through each life going up the staircase,getting higher all the time.

Until we reach that supreme being at the top."
    Joanie wrote:Something I never considered,Skylarker. I never thought about.

It gives truth to reincarnation.

I see the afterlife as a staircase. We live through each life going up the staircase,getting higher all the time.

Until we reach that supreme being at the top.

Going back to Physical mediumship,I would say it is the ultimate proof that life does exist after physical death.

We need that proof to believe.

Joanie
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi Mike!

What triggered that thought was a memorial ornament I bought when Ken passed over.

A beautiful staircase leading to heaven.

'If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane

I'd walk right up the heaven and bring you home again'

Sorry,off topic guys. But that gave me an answer to this topic.

Joanie
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:27 pm

angelman wrote:What you are healing is your past, your present and your future. Do not strive for perfection. Your perfect moment is always now. Live in gratitude and return to gratitude when you notice its absence.

now is all that will ever be real, the past will disappear like all dreams do, the future is just another dream not dreamed yet and will disappear to. even when you are finished with your body, now will still be real, that's how we can connect with spirit, because its the only two things the dead and the living share we are both 'spirit now' and will always be 'spirit now' even when we think the dream is real or that we are 'only human'. The promise of a good afterlife was and is a reward offered by religions of all descriptions to keep their members in check with a bad afterlife promised as a punishment for the wrongdoers. Heaven, hell, good, bad, living or dead are all real for whoever is experiencing them NOW.
    p

Are you saying that after we pass over,the physical life will seem like a dream.

Like a realistic dream that was only in our imagination.

The spirit is real and enduring,the physical body is just a cover to progress comfortably in strange surroundings.
    angelman
    angelman

Male

Post  angelman Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:29 pm

Joanie wrote:
    angelman wrote:What you are healing is your past, your present and your future. Do not strive for perfection. Your perfect moment is always now. Live in gratitude and return to gratitude when you notice its absence.

now is all that will ever be real, the past will disappear like all dreams do, the future is just another dream not dreamed yet and will disappear to. even when you are finished with your body, now will still be real, that's how we can connect with spirit, because its the only two things the dead and the living share we are both 'spirit now' and will always be 'spirit now' even when we think the dream is real or that we are 'only human'. The promise of a good afterlife was and is a reward offered by religions of all descriptions to keep their members in check with a bad afterlife promised as a punishment for the wrongdoers. Heaven, hell, good, bad, living or dead are all real for whoever is experiencing them NOW.
    p

Are you saying that after we pass over,the physical life will seem like a dream.

The spirit is real and enduring,the physical body is just a cover to progress comfortably in strange surroundings.

Hi Joanie

Yes,just like the staircase you describe in reincarnation, I describe these lifetimes as dreams where we experience the various feelings that we are capable of creating with our imagination.
    All your previous lives have faded from your mind like dreams, even if they lasted a hundred years or more !(we can with some effort take a peak into past life's to learn from, just as we can have a recurring dream)and this life will fade too.

In order to reach "that supreme being at the top" we have to stop dreaming or leaving 'heaven' for something else or someone else or anything else that we are creating ourselves.

We do not have to "die" or "Passover" to reach and be with or part-of "that supreme being" we just have to stop putting our own creations in the way or in place of
    Our sadness takes the place of joy, our hate or fear takes the place of love, our anger and conflict takes the place of peace, our wanting and desires takes the place of gratitude, our creations take the place of creation.

When peace, love, joy and gratitude are enough for us, and we choose these over our other stuff (our latest dream), we no longer need the body to learn with.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:42 pm

angelman wrote:
    Joanie wrote:

p

Hi Joanie

Yes,just like the staircase you describe in reincarnation, I describe these lifetimes as dreams where we experience the various feelings that we are capable of creating with our imagination.
    All your previous lives have faded from your mind like dreams, even if they lasted a hundred years or more !(we can with some effort take a peak into past life's to learn from, just as we can have a recurring dream)and this life will fade too.

In order to reach "that supreme being at the top" we have to stop dreaming or leaving 'heaven' for something else or someone else or anything else that we are creating ourselves.

We do not have to "die" or "Passover" to reach and be with or part-of "that supreme being" we just have to stop putting our own creations in the way or in place of
    Our sadness takes the place of joy, our hate or fear takes the place of love, our anger and conflict takes the place of peace, our wanting and desires takes the place of gratitude, our creations take the place of creation.

When peace, love, joy and gratitude are enough for us, and we choose these over our other stuff (our latest dream), we no longer need the body to learn with.

Now that is something new to me and I like it.

Explains a lot. Does that also explain the fact that those who have gone a long time before us and I am talking quite a few years here,we sometimes have no connection with or have had no communication with for a good while?

Basically the memories of us fade from their consciousness?
    angelman
    angelman

Male

Post  angelman Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Joanie wrote:
    angelman wrote:
    Joanie wrote:

p

Hi Joanie

Now that is something new to me and I like it.

Explains a lot. Does that also explain the fact that those who have gone a long time before us and I am talking quite a few years here,we sometimes have no connection with or have had no communication with for a good while?

Basically the memories of us fade from their consciousness?

Yes that could/would explain that, we all (dead or alive) keep on getting the choice of "that supreme being" or our dreams or the people and things in them.
    We are all already joined as one when we feel and experience love n peace n joy n gratitude, and we are learning (sometimes nightly)to let our dreams (and the people and things in them) go. I encourage people to encourage their loved ones in spirit to meet with them as feelings of love and peace without the face's and places and memories of the dream, and to do the same themselves.

Even on the "other side" we get the opportunity to choose change, and stuff like the guilt of letting go is presented to our consciousness, and that would explain why there's no communication or they have reincarnated.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:09 pm

That I can understand,Angelman.

Some who on the other side as we sometimes call it,may not desire a connection with the earth plane any more.

I had an uncle who had a very unhappy life and when discussing spiritualism,always stated that he wanted no part of 'living' again. He just wanted to sleep.

My mother was sent a message from him saying 'weren't the holly wreaths beautiful?'

He died at Xmas. From then on,no further messages were received from him.

I'm not a medium as such. I do receive various small messages but usually advice or news for myself.

I have been given a gift though of having the chance of saying 'Goodbye' to those who were important to me in my life.

After they arrived in spirit.

The last was my grandson. Looking so healthy. Big smile on his face as I turned round when I felt his hand on my back.

He would be one who would not want to embrace the earth again.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:27 am