Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Athena Rowan Dawn
SpiritVoices
6 posters

Is Spiritualism Genuine?

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Is Spiritualism Genuine?   Empty Is Spiritualism Genuine?

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:49 pm

We ask this question so many times?.

Once again,does a land or an area exist somewhere that is where we go after we die?    Is it solid?    Do we live as we live now?  Forget about angels,do they exist?   Do we live without a flesh and blood body?

What keeps that body moving?  What is a spirit body?   Do we really exist?  What does the soul look like?    How do we look without a body?

We don't need food for nourishment so what keeps us going?

So many questions I need answers.... :astar:
    Athena Rowan Dawn
    Athena Rowan Dawn

Female
    Number of posts : 65
    Job/hobbies : Spiritual teacher and angel worker
    Registration date : 2014-10-20

Is Spiritualism Genuine?   Empty Re: Is Spiritualism Genuine?

Post  Athena Rowan Dawn Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:16 pm

We ask this question so many times, because there is no definitive answer that science can currently prove.

It comes down to our own faith, conviction and experience. I believe, theoretically speaking, that we exist in spirit in another dimension after bodily death. However, I still seek all the time to read more, listen to more people's experiences, to cement that belief in my psyche (only today I have received a copy of Dr Eben Alexander's "Proof of Heaven" which I have been meaning to read for a while, as a timely example).

There are many reasons I believe; a lot come down to family experiences of NDEs, spirit presence and being present at the moment of relatives' death. I will give you one or two examples - my grandmother saw her husband on numerous occasions sitting in his favourite chair in her house in the months before she passed; days before he passed, while very ill in hospital, my uncle said he had seen his mum (my grandmother who by then had passed) and she had told him not to worry and that everything would be sorted by Tuesday...he passed the following Tuesday; my aunt was present at her mother's passing whose final words were "I'm coming, Mother!" with the rapturous look of a little girl on her face. I do believe our loved ones come to collect us.

My own experiences of lucid dreams have also assured me there is another dimension that our souls inhabit. I have met up with passed relatives on this other plane; I have had OOBEs where I have looked down at my sleeping body and flown out of the bedroom window. These experiences are vivid and lucid in a way that normal dreams are not. It is hard to explain.

Why do we not need to eat, etc, in that place? It is only our body, our vehicle, which needs to eat to continue to function. It's part of our biology that we need fuel in order to keep going. Our souls need no such thing. Our souls are of a different dimension, not of the earthly dimension.

In terms of angels, though that is rather a separate topic, I have 100% certainty that angels exist, because I have seen them, I have spoken with them, I have experienced them at many times in many ways and had confirmation from other people who have seen the same angel that what I have seen is truth - I'm sure, in time, I will share many of those experiences here. Angels exist. They are of a different dimension, once again, and vibrate at a different frequency, hence they cannot be easily seen as a general rule by human eyes.

There are, after all, many things in life we cannot see, but we know are real because we perceive them in some other way. Feelings, emotions, air, gases, vibrations, energy. Many of these have had their existence proven by science...but who knows what science will be able to prove in years to come?
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:53 pm

The spirit world is all around us there is only a fine veil that seperates us, we don't need food in the other world as its our soul that goes on,the body needs nourishment to work properly the soul doesn't.the body is only the vesil that carries the soul.

Namaste
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:38 am

One thing I wonder about,Carron.   Why don't we all carry a few small memories of every past life we have lived?   Some clue from way back to lead us to believe there is more one life.   Reincarnation.   To help us on our paths to give us encouragement in future lives to come.
    Athena Rowan Dawn
    Athena Rowan Dawn

Female
    Number of posts : 65
    Job/hobbies : Spiritual teacher and angel worker
    Registration date : 2014-10-20

Post  Athena Rowan Dawn Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:35 pm

Spirit Voices - the way I think of it is that being here on the earth changes our density, our vibration, and can make it harder to link in with our higher selves, our guides and angels, and the collective unconscious.

Those people who do have glimpses of some of their past lives, tend to be those who have awakened spiritually, done some form of spiritual development, or have had some sort of major trauma that has made them see life differently, become more perceptive, and able to perceive the unseen.

Before the glimpses, many more people often have a fascination with certain historical periods, or experiences of deja vu, which do give a small clue - but people can explain these in other ways than in terms of past lives so it is not really proof as such.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:06 pm

Athena Rowan Dawn wrote:Spirit Voices - the way I think of it is that being here on the earth changes our density, our vibration, and can make it harder to link in with our higher selves, our guides and angels, and the collective unconscious.

Those people who do have glimpses of some of their past lives, tend to be those who have awakened spiritually, done some form of spiritual development, or have had some sort of major trauma that has made them see life differently, become more perceptive, and able to perceive the unseen.

Before the glimpses, many more people often have a fascination with certain historical periods, or experiences of deja vu, which do give a small clue - but people can explain these in other ways than in terms of past lives so it is not really proof as such.
    I'm waiting for that proof that there is another life ahead for me....not a past life but a future one....
    jimrich

Number of posts : 50
    Registration date : 2017-05-20

Is Spiritualism Genuine?   Empty The Afterlife

Post  jimrich Wed May 24, 2017 8:57 am

SpiritVoices wrote:Once again,does a land or an area exist somewhere that is where we go after we die?
    I can only say what I know for now and have no way to prove it to anyone.  The few that I personally know are living in a realm that I am currently calling the Afterlife.

Is it solid?    Do we live as we live now?  Forget about angels,do they exist?   Do we live without a flesh and blood body?
    Again, this is based on just a few observations and conntacts, mostly through Mediums.  The Afterlife realm is not solid in a physical sense.  I don't know what you mean by: "live as we do now".  Those in the Afterlife have a pretty active life but I don't personally know what it's like.  Angels may exist.  There is no "flesh & blood" body in the Afterlife and individuals seem to be made of mind or pure energy over there.
    What is a spirit body?   Do we really exist?  What does the soul look like?    How do we look without a body?
    There are no "bodies" in the Afterlife realm - just essence or energy.  I have never seen a "soul" but when my late wife visits me in dreams, she is both solid and visible in the dream.
    We don't need food for nourishment so what keeps us going?
    We or they are pure energy in the Afterlife so no "nourishment" is needed.  The best way to think of the Afterlife is like it's a dream or mental realm where there is nothing solid as in the physical world. 
    Why don't we all carry a few small memories of every past life we have lived?
    In my opinion, we come to this place to have some surprises and unexpected adventures or challenges so we need to "forget" our past to start off fresh and new, otherwise our new life here might seem either boring or completely pointless compared to our previous life/lives.  I would not want to come here filled with old memories and then be disappointed with my new adventures or education this time around.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    jimrich

Post  jimrich Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:19 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:One thing I wonder about,Carron.   Why don't we all carry a few small memories of every past life we have lived?   Some clue from way back to lead us to believe there is more one life.   Reincarnation.   To help us on our paths to give us encouragement in future lives to come.
    We do carry "small memories" of past experiences/lives which is why we sometimes recognize friends and foes in strangers which we mistakenly call: intuition/a hunches/a feeling/sense, etc.  Reincarnation is exactly what is says - reborn or recycled.  We have all the "encouragement" we need in the form of self respect, love, dignity, faith, power, prayers, hope, curiosity, intuition, imagination and will.  We bring with us just about every tool, talent and capacity we need while in the earth plane but sometimes this "equipement" is damaged or crippled by misguided others (parents, siblings, relatives, friends) so that just adds to the challenges and/or mystery of our latest earth plane adventure.  We, pure spirit, cannot die, be injured or affected in any way while in the earth plane regardless of what we believe or have been taught over here.   We have taken a dream for some kind of "reality" but it's not real in any sense.  The earth plane is a total dream and the Afterlife is more real yet still another Dream!  The only thing that is real is YOU - the unnameable, infinite Energy/force or No-thing out of which Every-thing "seems" to emerge.  This is all YOU.  This is it.  There is only this or Life, life-ing and being.  But so long as you, Infinity, believe you are a person in a world, HAVE FUN!
    jimrich

Post  jimrich Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:55 pm

Athena Rowan Dawn wrote:
    It comes down to our own faith, conviction and experience.
    I'd say mostly our experiences and actual knowledge more that the other two or mere belief. 
    I believe, theoretically speaking, that we exist in spirit in another dimension after bodily death.
      I believe it is very foolish and childish to "believe" much of anything rather than to KNOW something.  I have a lot of "beliefs" but rely on what I know for the most part and I know that I exist in and as spirit or pure energy even while in an apparent body and in an apparent earth plane.  I just can't prove it at this moment.  After my body apparently dies, I will continue to exist in another dimension which is actually EVERY dimension since dimensions, bodies and worlds are all dreams anyway.
    However, I still seek all the time to read more, listen to more people's experiences, to cement that belief in my psyche (only today I have received a copy of Dr Eben Alexander's "Proof of Heaven" which I have been meaning to read for a while, as a timely example).
    I would not rely on books and hearsay to "cement" anything in my psyche.  I would rely on actual experiences.
    There are many reasons I believe; a lot come down to family experiences of NDEs, spirit presence and being present at the moment of relatives' death. I do believe our loved ones come to collect us.
    I know, not just believe, that nobody came to "collect" our brother in law, Jimmy, when he crossed over but my late wife, Irene's mother "may have" come to "collect" Irene when she crossed over so I am stuck with actually knowing in one instance and believing in another instance.  I'll wait to see when its my turn!
    My own experiences of lucid dreams have also assured me there is another dimension that our souls inhabit. I have met up with passed relatives on this other plane; I have had OOBEs where I have looked down at my sleeping body and flown out of the bedroom window. These experiences are vivid and lucid in a way that normal dreams are not. It is hard to explain.
    Now you have my full attention!  Stepping away from "beliefs" and into your own, actual experience is giving me something useful and meaningful.  I much rather read about what someone actually KNOWS instead of beliefs, speculation, concepts, assumptions, hearsay, quotes from books, scripture, etc.
    Why do we not need to eat, etc, in that place?
    We do eat!   Just not in the same way as we do while in an apparent physical form.
    in time, I will share many of those experiences here.
    I look forward to your sharing.
    dream jo
    dream jo

Female
    Number of posts : 1111
    Job/hobbies : art sky gazzins
    Registration date : 2015-06-06

Post  dream jo Fri May 27, 2022 8:41 pm

yes
    Spiritual is one the best religions that is to be because I am religion is spiritualism and I love it I've lived by the most awesome I have learnt more by going to a spiritualist church when I did the school school was to be put down and put her I'm nothing but cause I suppose church as give me confidence and self-respect and self love myself more and I've ever done yes I've been put down by others but friends of time me is jealous so they put me down but it's the best I've ever done because I know the afterlife and I'm on my mum and dad and my uncle a safe and happy now and my old cat Lucy is happy now because they all free from their pain NZ I just wish I could have failed my pyjamas wish by walking down the aisle but there's a running joke on me in a family which is about to come true one day hope and it does come true because I think I deserve it in a nice good way
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Fri May 27, 2022 10:09 pm

This is an old post,
    Spirit voices who started this post passed a few years ago.
    she Believed in Spiritualism until she passed
     What you say about people having .No pain is so true.
       The soul carries on, the body stays behind

Namaste :stars:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:23 am