Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Violet
SpiritVoices
6 posters

What would convince us that a medium was genuine?

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

What would convince us that a medium was genuine? Empty What would convince us that a medium was genuine?

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:48 am

We know there are some fantastic mediums around,famous and not so famous.
    Forget the famous ones and judge any mediums you may have seen in the past.
    What was the most evidential proof you received?
    Joanie xx
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

What would convince us that a medium was genuine? Empty Re: What would convince us that a medium was genuine?

Post  Violet Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:58 pm

ooh i'll be back later Joanie, great topic!

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    guidinglight

Female
    Number of posts : 134
    Job/hobbies : Spiritual interests, movies, pot plants, op shopping, retired so do as little as possible is the plan, enjoying my time of life doing what ever i please.
    Registration date : 2011-04-04

What would convince us that a medium was genuine? Empty Re: What would convince us that a medium was genuine?

Post  guidinglight Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:24 pm

Joanie wrote:We know there are some fantastic mediums around,famous and not so famous.
    Joanie xx
    The most evidential proof i have had from a medium was from a message she brought through from my son, only i knew this particular thing that happened when i bent down to kiss my son , when he was laying in the hospital bed pronounced brain dead at the time, a tear from my eye fell onto his face and that was something only my son and i would have known she told me my son was telling her he knew i bent down to kiss him and a tear fell onto his face and other things she told me from him to me gave me the proof she was genuine she also told me i would be working as a healer, medium and reader and i have been doing that for many years now but something i didnt know was going to happen at the time when i was grieving heavily for my son at that time.
    I believe you know yourself when you are told things that no body else could know, would know and be so accurate with, that you are receiving genuine information from that medium who has never met you, seen you or know anything about you what so ever or a person you are wishing to connect to in spirit.
    I have been blessed to have been guided to the mediums i have seen, they have been very compassionate, helpful, comforting to me and very genuine in the way they work with their gifts.
    Love and light Guidinglight What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 348985 What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 15910
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:00 pm

Oh bless you,GuidingLight.
    I feel for you so much.
    That is a marvellous piece of evidence,and just what I am talking about.

God bless you.
    What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 21581
    Joanie xxx
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:10 am

Guiding Light What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 21581 that's an amazing piece of evidence, only you and your son could have known, that must have been immensely comforting at such a difficult time, and like Joanie I feel for you. What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 21581

guidinglight

Female
    Job/hobbies : Spiritual interests, movies, pot plants, op shopping, retired so do as little as possible is the plan, enjoying my time of life doing what ever i please.

Post  guidinglight Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:56 am

Violet wrote:Guiding Light What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 21581 that's an amazing piece of evidence, only you and your son could have known, that must have been immensely comforting at such a difficult time, and like Joanie I feel for you. What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 21581
    What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 101500 Joanie and Violet it was comforting just to know and feel my son is always still with me and around me with his love and presence same with my dad , my dogs and cats that i have had over the years i have felt them all and heard them and i see flashes of blue that lets me know they are with me.
    Godbless you both What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 21581 Guidinglight What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 348985
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:12 am

And bless you too,my friend.
    What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 21581

Joanie
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Hugs to you Guiding Light What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 21581

My earliest proof was donkeys years ago when my grandad ticked me off for a few things, the medium had no way of knowing anything about, What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 160943 more recently I asked spirit to prove something through a medium, something I was working on which was quite obscure, and the medium brought it through, it was not something you could pluck out of nowhere this was really off the wall.

guidinglight

Female

What would convince us that a medium was genuine? Empty Violet

Post  guidinglight Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:53 pm

Violet wrote:Hugs to you Guiding Light What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 21581

My earliest proof was donkeys years ago when my grandad ticked me off for a few things, the medium had no way of knowing anything about, What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 160943 more recently I asked spirit to prove something through a medium, something I was working on which was quite obscure, and the medium brought it through, it was not something you could pluck out of nowhere this was really off the wall.
    Hi Violet What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 15910
    Yes i know what you mean it gels with you straight away doesnt it and you just know that something that profound couldnt just come from no where it is our loved one in spirit telling that medium what happened that only you and your loved one knew about thats great, and also spirit passing on a message to give us what they know is coming up for us in the near future when we are just asking for guidance.
    We are helped in so many ways its great i give thanks all the time for any help i know i am getting to bring me reasurrance when i doubt What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 809779 .but shouldnt What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 56455
    Love and hugs Guidinglight What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 348985
    PPrncpl7

Male
    Number of posts : 418
    Job/hobbies : Retired teacher of Mathematics
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  PPrncpl7 Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Joanie wrote:We know there are some fantastic mediums around,famous and not so famous.
    Joanie xx
    Hello Joannie
    Have posted this before but worth repeating!
    At the tender age of 52 I hit a career crisis and visited a medium who gave readings! She was an excellent councillor! Still to this day do not know how good a medium she was/IS?
    I sorted my career-which meant living away from home and returning weekends! During the Easter break--I determined to go thank the lady for her help--but she was gone-moved on--and to this day I do not know where she is!!
    During my readings she had mentioned the local spiritualist church--"If you go there you will find something special" she said!
    I thought the church would know of her and would put me in touch with her!! So I went to the 'Open Circle' Was very interesting--A platform medium giving simple and very 'boring' messages--but the songs/hymns were lovely--I enjoyed the evening! I started going every Week--but Nobody knew my Reading ACE!
    At the 4th visit I got a message--"George and Albert wanted to be reminded to me! They still thought I was a 'bonny wee lad'"
    UMMM!!! I knew of NO George or Albert --left that night vowing never to return! All a load of 'rubbish'!!
    Spoke to my Mother the next day and told her about the massage--she went very quiet--and then said --" You were too young to remember George and Albert! They were your Grandfathers brothers--returned from WW1 unscathed in body but scarred in mind--They quickly got into a lot of trouble and emigrated to Australia! They were 'Black sheep' Nobody spoke of them!"
    "When we were waiting to move into our first house we stayed with your fathers Mum and Dad. You were just under 2 years old--they visited for 6 weeks. They drank in the Pubs in the evenings--but most days took you out! They called you the 'bonnie wee lad'
    Quite a message!!! Have trod the spiritualist path ever since--have grown more aware - and doubt not any more--more evidence than room to give has been shown me! Ask and you will be given!!
    Peter
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:50 am

Lovely account,Peter.
    I enjoyed reading that.
    Like you,I had a crisis in my life when my first marriage broke up in 1975.
    I was on my own for 5 years,luckily working with good salary.
    I started to visit the spiritualist church at that time and became a devout believer.
    I received many messages,usually the kind that were evidential but not much body to them.
    I remarried again after meeting my second husband and he was a very good medium.
    I think I have placed this info on here before but briefly,he told me after a year of amrriage,he had about 20 years to live.
    He went another 24 years,near enough and passed with cancer right through his body.
    Like you,I found a very good medium and received the very acurate messages from this medium.
    To me,this man practically brought Ken alive again.
    The way Ken used to talk,his manner of speaking,how he passed.
    The small things we had done in our lives.
    He described him to the last detail,even down to his love of country and western music,the medium started to sing Ken's favourite song.
    'Lay your Blanket on the Ground'
    God,I used to get fed up with that song! What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 368832
    Now I was given some evidence I ccouldn't prove,Peter.
    But I believe it does happen in hospitals and all the for the good of the patient.
    I was given the fact that my husband was given a 'second dose' of Morphine,if you know what I mean.
    Because of the pain he was suffering.
    He passed shortly after and God forgive me for saying this,I was pleased to see him at peace. No more pain.
    My next evidence was given to me two weeks after he passed as I have recounted before on this site.
    I heard his voice speaking to me,using the nickname he always called me.
    That was the last good proof I have ever received.
    What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 609912
    Joanie x
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:34 pm

He passed shortly after and God forgive me for saying this,I was pleased to see him at peace. No more pain."

What would there be for God to forgive, Joanie? What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 21581

What a selfless feeling to want him free from pain, even though it meant he wouldn't be with you any more.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:29 pm

I was happy to accept that,Mac.
    But in some ways,I felt guilty because part of the reason, I asked for him to be taken was I was exhausted by no sleep night after night.
    He was on very strong liquid morphine at that time,to only to be given in 20 mm doses every two hours through the night.
    Which meant that every two hours I was out of bed,measuring the morphine out.
    H used to cry with pain and Ken was a tough guy.
    So it wasn't only the fact he was suffering unbearable pain,I was selfish in that I needed rest
    I had no help from anyone,he had 5 sisters who never once offered to come help through the day so I could have a few hours off.
    Finally,his name was put on the list for a terminal cancer hosp. He fought against going into 'one of those places' as he called them.
    That's when I gave in and asked that he could be taken before that time,which he was.
    Nice to know that God does listen now and again.
    But I feel an ever lasting guilt for asking for something so selfish for myself.
    Thanks Mac!
    What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 852921
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:15 pm

I agree with Mac Joanie, I see no selfishness in your posts, either of them, I know I couldn't bear to watch someone suffer to that extent and when one of my relatives began to get that way, we wished he would slip away quickly too. What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 21581

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:23 pm

Well,from the messages I have received over the years,he is very happy and waiting for me to join him.
    When that day comes,I will send a message.
    What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 182340
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:26 pm

I'm sure he is very happy Joanie What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 21581 and it would be great if yiou could find a way to get a message through to those who are here, not for a good few years yet though mind What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 809779

guidinglight

Female

What would convince us that a medium was genuine? Empty Joanie

Post  guidinglight Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:24 am

Joanie wrote:I was happy to accept that,Mac.
    But in some ways,I felt guilty because part of the reason, I asked for him to be taken was I was exhausted by no sleep night after night.
    He was on very strong liquid morphine at that time,to only to be given in 20 mm doses every two hours through the night.
    Which meant that every two hours I was out of bed,measuring the morphine out.
    H used to cry with pain and Ken was a tough guy.
    So it wasn't only the fact he was suffering unbearable pain,I was selfish in that I needed rest
    I had no help from anyone,he had 5 sisters who never once offered to come help through the day so I could have a few hours off.
    Finally,his name was put on the list for a terminal cancer hosp. He fought against going into 'one of those places' as he called them.
    That's when I gave in and asked that he could be taken before that time,which he was.
    Nice to know that God does listen now and again.
    But I feel an ever lasting guilt for asking for something so selfish for myself.
    Thanks Mac!
    What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 852921

Joanie What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 15910 you did a wonderful job all from love for your husband you can only do you what you can at any time for any one and you had no help you must have been exhausted, and it is very stressfull to see our loved ones in pain we wish them to be free when they are suffering so much and we cant do anything to ease their pain, we dont like to see animals go through any kind of pain and we have to make a decision to send them on to spirit to be free from pain, because its the kindest thing to do for them .
    We feel the same for our loved ones i watched my dad go through alot of pain with his cancer and he was a very strong man physically my mum went through hell trying to help him in any way she could just to make him more comfortable but she knew he was in alot of pain and said nothing and that was so hard for my mum as yourself to handle i couldnt handle it i just cried for my dad after i saw him it is very hard to see the ones we love in pain we just want it to go away for them i know it was a blessing for my dad when he left us he didnt have to suffer any more, mum used to feel guilty she used to say i wonder if there was something else i could have done for him, and i said mum you loved dad, you did everything humanly possible that you could to make dad comfortable beyond that it was out of your control you couldnt have done anything else.
    Our loved ones know Joanie just how much we feel their pain but are helpless to do anything beyond let them know we love them , care for them and are there for them and there is no guilt in wanting to be free so both of you can be at peace and that comes from a great love you have for each other, they feel the same they are glad to leave their earth plane pain and suffering, they are glad we arent going through that suffering with them and we are glad they are free from it all too then of course we face more pain of losing them we are only human here doing the best we can at any given time.
    You did a marvelous job Joanie bless your heart and you did that on your own you know you husband loves you to pieces dont you What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 621623 and is waiting for you all that pain disappears when we meet up again and its just joy, love and happiness to look forward to together from then on.
    Love and light Guidinglight. What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 348985
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:25 pm

Thanks GuidingLight and Violet.
    The guilt is gone now because I have had many messages to tell me what you are telling me.
    I have been told as well what he is living in and has made into a home for both of us.
    The kind of home we often talked about when he was here on mother earth.
    By the description fits exactly we wanted and talked about before we both retired.
    So there's another little bit of evidence given to me.
    Do not worry,Violet,I will be right behind you,whispering in your ear!
    Saying 'It's Joanie!' 'Wakey,wakey'.
    What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 809779
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:16 pm

Do not worry,Violet,I will be right behind you,whispering in your ear!
    Saying 'It's Joanie!' 'Wakey,wakey'.

Not for a while yet though Joanie, and if I don't hear you give me a good poke in the back What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 809779

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:31 am

I will come back and answer posts,Violet.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:08 pm

Joanie xx

Hello

Her user name escapes me now. I did not ask for what came forth to me either, I was sent a question by her and I replied. It was in the "darker" nature of things her question and I guess me Dad ( whom is in Spirit) did not care for that much. She had a visit from him in Astral. She messaged me totally describing him to me right down to a " private " birthmark. Was told that she had great talents but like the path Lynn took in life it was not the place one should be. Went on to tell me he took her to a chamber of Light ( I knew where ) and that she was given a "gift" there of clearer understandings.

We have kept in touch over the year's and she has left that dark path. It was for me the first CONCRETE confirmations that me Father was truly doing the work that other's in reading for me had said he was doing, finally USING the abilities he had in life but the times were not open to them.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:24 pm

That's fantastic evidence Lynn!

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:02 am

I feel that we all receive messages from the spirit world,through dreams,giving us guidance.
    Sometimes we are given messages by mediums from the spirit world.
    The mediums I consider the best,are those who give advice on how to live our lives,to do good and how to be aware of dangers affecting our earthly lives.
    Does that make sense?
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:17 am

Joanie wrote:I feel that we all receive messages from the spirit world,through dreams,giving us guidance.
    Sometimes we are given messages by mediums from the spirit world.
    The mediums I consider the best,are those who give advice on how to live our lives,to do good and how to be aware of dangers affecting our earthly lives.
    Does that make sense?

Not for me it doesn't....

Why do you assume we all receive messages through dreams?

The mediums I consider to be effective are evidential mediums, those who give evidence of survival beyond physical death.

Their personal advice may, or may not, have value but that's not down to their being a medium.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:44 am

Because I believe I have received some good advice through dreams,Mac.
    The way I interpretated it,anyway.
    I do agree that evidential mediums are the best but not only for giving us messages from our loved ones.
    Like looks,names,events in my life but not always receiving proof of who the medium is bringing through.
    What would convince us that a medium was genuine? 621623
    Joan

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:47 pm