Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

What would convince us a medium was NOT genuine?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

What would convince us a medium was NOT genuine? Empty What would convince us a medium was NOT genuine?

Post  Violet Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:28 pm

As an extra twist to discussions here i've reversed Joanie's question, (hope you don't mind Joanie What would convince us a medium was NOT genuine? 809779 ,) but you do see some accepting the loosest pieces of 'evidence' no matter how poor (not that i'm knocking those people, I think most of us have hoped for the smallest of signs and even possibly made things a medium has told us fit our situation in order to obtain some measure of comfort.)
    Mediums cannot be right all the time, I know and admit that i'm not, but some are out and out fakes but what would convince you a medium was not genuine?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

What would convince us a medium was NOT genuine? Empty Re: What would convince us a medium was NOT genuine?

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:53 pm

Giving a message but with the hint of a question?
    Too vague.
    Unsure of themselves.
    Sometimes a feeling that a medium is hesitant?
    All I can think of,Violet
    (of course,I don't mind,Violet.)
    What would convince us a medium was NOT genuine? 182340
    PPrncpl7

Male
    Number of posts : 418
    Job/hobbies : Retired teacher of Mathematics
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

What would convince us a medium was NOT genuine? Empty Re: What would convince us a medium was NOT genuine?

Post  PPrncpl7 Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:10 pm

Hello Violet / Joannie
    There are fakes everywher unfortunately!!!
    For a start I am wary if they charge extortionate amounts.
    Joannie is right some are asking questions when they give forth--very subtle but not the way it should be.
    The phrases 'please' and 'love' also make me suspicious--"Can you take a Frank my love?" or "Can you take a Frank please". Sorry the words do not convey what I mean there is a tone of voice that goes with it.
    Also to be fair some mediums are better than others and I am difficult to convince!
    Peter
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:36 am

I have had a few like that,Peter. I tend to look for the gold among the silver.
    Sometimes there is a snippet comes out now and again,which may just mean something!
    What would convince us a medium was NOT genuine? 834839
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:01 am

As evidential mediums (I'm assuming that's what you're discussing?) can only begin to be effective if there are relevant discarnates wanting to contact an enquirer, it may be that someone dismissed as ineffectual or "not genuine" may have success with another enquirer....

Hesitancy or apparent uncertainty may be evident when the medium can not establish a clear link or where she/he is not confident about who is communicating. Isn't that also a likely outcome when there simply isn't anyone relevant to the enquirer in attendance, waiting to make contact, or where the discarnate would-be communicator simply can't get their thoughts and words together? It doesn't automatically suggest that the medium isn't genuine, only that they're not making a link. The failure to link may not be totally down to the medium - how well do people communicate in this world without the attendant complications of doing it from another and through a third party?

I am, of course, playing devil's advocate here and what should happen is that a medium with integrity should admit they can not establish a link with a spirit-communicator who they feel is relevant to their enquirer. They should waive part or all of the fee where the sitter has not received what they came seeking.

But for me the level of the charge is as irrelevant as the way the medium makes the connection - yer pays yer money and yer takes the chance. BUT where the charge is high, and the outcome is unsatisfactory, enquirers rarely have the confidence to say "You haven't provided what I came for and I'm not paying for something not delivered."

On top of all that, however, is that psychic/auric reading may be passed off as mediumship and only experienced sitters, or those with a good understanding of what evidential mediumship actually is, will readily be able to differentiate.

So an apparently good sitting may only emerge as something rather less evidential when it's scrutinised later, perhaps on a forum.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:02 am

You're talking a lot of sense,Mac.
    So many reasons why messages may not be correct. I have been given stuff that I could not take then found out it was for someone entirely different but someone I knew.
    I do feel for mediums very much,a genuine medium will try but depends on who comes through and what messages they want to give.
    Sometimes the medium has no choice but to give what she receives,even though it can be disappointing to the sitter.
    I once received some info from a lady who was giving info about wearing a 'funny hat' and 'printing machines'.
    I was trying to give it to another member but Wali (you know Wali.)
    took it,right down to the last detail.
    I'm no medium as you know.but for some reason,that info came through me that evening,
    Heaven's knows why?
    What would convince us a medium was NOT genuine? 809779
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:14 pm

I am, of course, playing devil's advocate here and what should happen is that a medium with integrity should admit they can not establish a link with a spirit-communicator who they feel is relevant to their enquirer. They should waive part or all of the fee where the sitter has not received what they came seeking.

Totally agree Mac, with everything you say, I highlkighted the section above because that is exactly what a genuine medium would do, some tuirn it round and blame the client saying they're blocking it, what does everyone think of that?
    Can the client 'block' a reading?

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:52 am

Now I have heard of this before.
    Some oneI know used to read Auras and was reading a member and couldn't pick up anything from this particular person.
    She asked him if he was 'blocking' her reading.
    He never answered.
    What I cannot understand is why he asked for a reading in the first place.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:15 am

Joanie wrote:Now I have heard of this before.
    Some oneI know used to read Auras and was reading a member and couldn't pick up anything from this particular person.
    He never answered.

I don't know if it's easy to prevent one's aura being accessed by a psychic but statistically I'd say it's likely that some individuals can, deliberately or inadvertently. I feel I could do it myself if I focussed but my regular resistance to the use of psychism might naturally put me in the category of a 'blocker'.

I'm not deliberately hostile but those who know what I've written will surely see a strong dislike of psychic reading and that might effectively block most psychics from reading me to any degree. You'd have to ask a psychic about that....

Maybe the guy you mention, Joanie, is a similar character and simply wanted mediumship and was not going to co-operate with someone psychic-probing him?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:53 pm

mac wrote:
    Joanie wrote:Now I have heard of this before.
    He never answered.

I don't know if it's easy to prevent one's aura being accessed by a psychic but statistically I'd say it's likely that some individuals can, deliberately or inadvertently. I feel I could do it myself if I focussed but my regular resistance to the use of psychism might naturally put me in the category of a 'blocker'.

I'm not deliberately hostile but those who know what I've written will surely see a strong dislike of psychic reading and that might effectively block most psychics from reading me to any degree. You'd have to ask a psychic about that....

Maybe the guy you mention, Joanie, is a similar character and simply wanted mediumship and was not going to co-operate with someone psychic-probing him?

Mac.I wouldn't like my psychic read either! I have too many faults and my thoughts are unreadable at times. What would convince us a medium was NOT genuine? 809779
    But I was told that psychic can be blocked,by diverting the mind to other subjects.
    In other words,think of something else or keep the mind blocked.
    What would convince us a medium was NOT genuine? 834839
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu May 05, 2011 11:40 pm

but my regular resistance to the use of psychism might naturally put me in the category of a 'blocker'.

I think it could Mac, i've heard the aura retracts in certain instances like when you are in a position of fear or mistrust.

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Fri May 06, 2011 6:44 pm

Hello

First and formost is the keep asking for MORE cash. That should send alarm bells off. Too it they tell one something like ye have an attachement or worse with ye and they can help ( most times for a price ).

Where they keep going fishing for information never giving one a clear reply.

If it is a face to face reading watch for a fake looking away form eye contact....looking for hand motions ye make or other body movements. Reading not the Spirit they are seeking but ye.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri May 06, 2011 9:42 pm

Too it they tell one something like ye have an attachement or worse with ye and they can help ( most times for a price ).

This is really appalling i've heard of this happening, it really is preying on the vulnerable, then he would ask for fifty pounds to remove it but then say it might take more than one session. Disgusting!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:15 pm