Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Great Deism Website

KapitanPrien

Male
    Number of posts : 274
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Great Deism Website Empty Great Deism Website

Post  KapitanPrien Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:59 pm

http://www.deism.com/index.html

Great site with much information on Deism, arguments against 'revealed religions' like Christianity as well as Atheism.
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989

Great Deism Website Empty Re: Great Deism Website

Post  sparkly Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:47 am

thats actually a pretty cool site.
    i hadn't heard of it.
    thanks KP.
    :hugz:
    KapitanPrien

Male

Post  KapitanPrien Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:22 pm

Sure thing. ;)
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:34 pm

how are you travelling?
    feeling any better?
    does your mum want to move with you cloer to the sea?
    back to the ssub ject; what did you like about the site, aside from the non pushy presentation of different sources of information?
    :ghug:
    KapitanPrien

Male

Post  KapitanPrien Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:58 am

Oh I've been doing well I guess...working on my site...messing with crystals/stones - made myself a necklace out of beads (found it very helpful and sleep with it on).

Well - my mom would want me to go wherever I'm happy. Great! Suits me fine. Great Deism Website 331509

I liked the site because, the only other thing I had to go by was the Wiki and this 'no-belief' page on the Founding Fathers being Deists...this goes further into detail, methinks.
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:07 am

what kind of beadss are on your necklace?

i just think if ppl can get a better idea with a bit of your blurb...they might get something out of the site too.
    :love:
    KapitanPrien

Male

Post  KapitanPrien Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:20 pm

Oh let's see... Black Andradite Garnet, Black Tourmaline, Gold Tourmaline, Blue Tourmaline, Watermelon Tourmaline (I realized that I must have at least one piece of this otherwise my heart simply 'freaks out' due to what the body is going through with the rapid transference of energy - it helps with grief and fear), Sulfur Quartz(?) with Black Tourmaline in it, Blue Kyanite, Green Kyanite, and I will add the Labradorite/Spectrolite when I get it (just ordered it yesterday).

I make the necklace 'new' several times over to adjust to the changing needs of my body. I simply use white hand quilting thread which is really strong.

One thing I've noticed with the Tourmaline, is that all but the Black and Brown are associated with the element of Water (which is why 'we' get along so well Great Deism Website 28115 ). Blue is both Wind and Water (those are my two favorite elements being a sailor). The Kyanites are Storm, the Sulfur (?)* Tourmalated Quartz is Storm, the Black Andradite Garnet is Earth, and Labradorite/Spectrolite is Wind.

I carry with me Chlorite in Quartz and Aegirine, but I'm 'eyeballing' a nice Blue Tourmaline and Black Kyanite.

*This peculiar Quartz I had purchased under the name of 'Apple Quartz' but the color is the same as shown in the link above for most of the chip beads. There were some that looked like they were natural Citrine with Tourmaline.
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:20 am

i had a feeling you'd be using the BAG, just an image. is it the Watermelon Tourmaline that helps with grief and fear?
    it all sounds good.
    how did you find out about the effects on you, and that this would be a help?
    :ghug:
    KapitanPrien

Male

Post  KapitanPrien Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:28 pm

I didn't read anywhere about the effect it would have on me - just the 'properties' of the stone. Throughout my 'journey' a great majority of this stuff isn't done 'by the book'. I'm not a 'book' person and these sorts of things 'just happen' to me. The less I am constrained by 'books' the better off I am because then I'm not trying to be 'cerebral' and analyze everything to no end and try to control the direction my path is taking me - if that makes sense.

I had to change it though last night when the thread suddenly and unexpectedly broke as I had wanted to take it off. I had to remove the Quartz from the equation. It just threw things 'off' for me, and I suddenly decided that I was going to try Rose Quartz (which at first was too 'airy fairy' for me). So, I now carry Rose Quartz tumble stone, and no longer the Chlorite in Quartz.

Things change rapidly with me and so to be bound by books would make it difficult to 'go with the flow'. I listen to my body - not books.

I guess it is all a part of my'Finnish Paganism'
    :

Finnish Paganism holds no absolute rules, but instead each pagan has to make their own decisions on how to practice Paganism.

Finnish magick is pragmatic. The magician is not bound by any traditionally established ritual or method of practise. It is believed that the most powerful magick is born of spontaneity and creativity.

The ancient Finns were of the mindset that life is your preparation for ritual. The ritual itself is merely the projection of the magician’s personality to effect change, thus the magician should live a magickal life, the characteristics which should include attention, compassion, courage, intuition, spontaneity, imagination and of course sisu. Sisu is summed up in an old Finnish proverb – "Strong will takes a person even through stone.". The Finns have through history been noted for their resilience. Sisu is not just a positive attitude or bravery – it is a philosophy that what must be done will be done, regardless of the cost. It is a philosophy of integrity. Sisu has allowed the Finns to survive 42 wars with Russia – losing all of them. Sisu allowed the Finns to repay their war debts even when wealthier countries chose not to. Sisu sums up to an indomitable will and this is the secret not only of their survival but to their magick as well. Finns, unlike the Nords, were peaceful and benevolent people.. In fact, theirs is the only national epic whose central theme is not based around conflict, but when conflict becomes inevitable, the warrior enters into it with his or her entire being..

Finnish Magick does not rely on spells and charms so much as it requires the magician to hone and use his/her own powers to effect change. As it should be.
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:36 am

i like your post and agree heartily for the most part. except if one doesn't know much about stones where to start.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:55 am