Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Low-Fi Version?

Low-Fi Version? - Page 2 Empty Low-Fi Version?

Post  Guest Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:37 am

First topic message reminder :

Quick question / suggestion - Is there a way of turning off the Snowflake effect and/or the Animated banners?

I like them, but they send my CPU usage through the roof (90%+ CPU usage with the snowflakes, and even now with them stopped (as happens when making a post), the rotating banner causes a 40% spike each time the animation cycles.

Are the effects Java-based by any chance? If there's no way to change the viewing template, I might be able to block the applets locally.
    Deepwaters
    Deepwaters

Female
    Number of posts : 277
    Registration date : 2010-01-28

Low-Fi Version? - Page 2 Empty Re: Low-Fi Version?

Post  Deepwaters Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:33 am

mac wrote:
    Violet wrote:Directly beneath the reply box there is a box with 'toggle the smilies panel' written in it, if you can't see that it's possible it's an admin only function which is a shame as it obliterated all the smilies Low-Fi Version? - Page 2 809779 and would have been perfect for you.

I haven't got a clue what 'toggle' means in a forum, in my olde worlde a toggle is a button on a duffel coat Low-Fi Version? - Page 2 160943

'toggle' means to move from one state to another - an electrical 'toggle switch' simply switches on or off or from one electrical status to another such as switching from one bass level setting to another on a CD player.

Pity I don't see the smilies toggle as you do - as you say an admin. function - thanks for trying, Violet.

I'm not admin. and I've got the "Toggle smileys panel".
    You have to click on 'Reply' and it appears under the left side of the 'Reply' box.
    If you click on it the smileys panel disappears, but it doesn't remove existing smileys from messages posted.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:00 pm

Deepwaters wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Violet wrote:Directly beneath the reply box there is a box with 'toggle the smilies panel' written in it, if you can't see that it's possible it's an admin only function which is a shame as it obliterated all the smilies Low-Fi Version? - Page 2 809779 and would have been perfect for you.

I haven't got a clue what 'toggle' means in a forum, in my olde worlde a toggle is a button on a duffel coat Low-Fi Version? - Page 2 160943

'toggle' means to move from one state to another - an electrical 'toggle switch' simply switches on or off or from one electrical status to another such as switching from one bass level setting to another on a CD player.

Pity I don't see the smilies toggle as you do - as you say an admin. function - thanks for trying, Violet.

You have to click on 'Reply' and it appears under the left side of the 'Reply' box.
    If you click on it the smileys panel disappears, but it doesn't remove existing smileys from messages posted.

The mystery deepens....
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:37 pm

Yup.....mine has a toggle smileys panel button directly under the reply box on the left side to the right of the smileys box.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:11 pm

mac wrote:
    Deepwaters wrote:
    mac wrote:

The mystery deepens....

Mac you did something to your comp to block a lot of stuff perhaps this is why you can't see it?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:41 am

Violet wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Deepwaters wrote:
    mac wrote:

The mystery deepens....

Mac you did something to your comp to block a lot of stuff perhaps this is why you can't see it?

hmmm....yes I did mess up last Spring on this old Vista computer but recently I had to reinstall Firefox and AdBlock Plus on it which I used to block images - things should have been back to normal - I'll take a look using IE as browser. It's a matter of curiosity rather than necessity so I'll fiddle about a bit when I feel in the mood.

Thanks, folks, for your comments and help - now I know what I'm looking for 1antique!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:08 pm