Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
PassionOfHybrid
Crystal
reikistar
Yogi Sun
WmBuzz71
Detlef
Lord_kyle
whitewing
sparkly
Violet
Rainbow
15 posters

What is Kundalini?

Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female
    Number of posts : 1292
    Job/hobbies : Job; playing with my dogs. Hobbies; playing with my dogs lol
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

What is Kundalini? - Page 2 Empty What is Kundalini?

Post  Rainbow Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

I've just read some bits about this, does anyone know anything about it?

What is Kundalini? - Page 2 415540 There is always a bright side to every situation, you just have to look for it. What is Kundalini? - Page 2 415540
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

What is Kundalini? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is Kundalini?

Post  Blueanchor Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:56 pm

The thing is, that the people talking about kundalini from 2011 to 2015 rarely visit this site. The good folk here, arent here and they dont really represent the folk that are.

ive been here for a couple of years and when i joined, most of the older members were moving on. I probably wouldnt have stayed because this kind of stuff isnt really my thing.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:40 pm

gigpdo wrote:Then you should not of replied and my post would of faded away,I answered a question about the kundalini in the kundalini thread,it must interest some folk here,where do you suggest I post,what is you're field of expertise, or of interest!
    I just did not realise I was not allowed to post there,in the kundalini thread that is,I joined to enjoy reading others ideas about life and esoterica!
    There is no need to exaggerate!  She did not say that you were not allowed to post there - how ridiculous!

Actually I am interested in YOUR field of expertise/interest since you haven't mentioned it.  Care to share?

My area of interest is in mystical experiences, empowerment, synchronicity, positive thinking, mindfulness, being open minded and developing the heart.   I am a realist so am wary of being deluded.  My spiritual development isn't following any set path - I go a lot by paying attention (e.g. mindfulness) and using my intuition. I have certain psychic abilities, e.g. I am an empath, have developed intuition and am claircognisant.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:07 pm

gigpdo wrote:Then you should not of replied and my post would of faded away,I answered a question about the kundalini in the kundalini thread,it must interest some folk here,where do you suggest I post,what is you're field of expertise, or of interest!
    I just did not realise I was not allowed to post there,in the kundalini thread that is,I joined to enjoy reading others ideas about life and esoterica!
    I dont mind where you post or what you post, I was just saying that the generalisations you made about people here werent really relevant to the people that are here now. 

I originally replied to your post on this thread because I agreed with your view, lol perhaps youre looking for people to disagree.

I dont have an area of expertise except for my own life and experiences. I dont believe in advancement that goes in straight lines or experts really. We are all experts in ourselves surely.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:11 am

gigpdo wrote:Hello,
    Its only an opinion,but how many folk have lived their lives honestly,decently,ethically and morally and had a happy and productive existence!
    Never knowing anything about kundalini or chakra's,and if Christian only reading about really esoteric things in the bible,including death,which occurs when "the silver cord is severed,and the golden bowl shattered"

We do not need to know about kundalini or the chakra's to live,but when you are ready to know you will,and you never ever forget it,but being a good person,helping your neighbours,being kind and charitable,these things lead to the serpent fire awakening and rising,I am a big fan of leaving what you don't understand well alone,trying to open the brow chakra "third eye" is not really a good idea,it gives you certain abilities,but not what you think,some folk don't even know its happened,its so subtle,or it can be if unready an horrendous experience!

Its only my opinion,its not a given fact,but just an opinion born of personal experience and lots of living,hard living,work hard and party hard,but somewhere in between all that were short glimpses of the "brahmic splendour",another world beyond this one,a world beyond our comprehension, a world that we will all experience, but,not in this lifetime in my opinion,belonging to a forum like this one and others like it makes us think we are different to other folk,but that is the big illusion,we think that,and that's the ego for you!
    But are the members here really more spiritually aware,or advanced than the person who serves your food in a shop,or the most important person in the world,the man who picks up our garbage so that we enjoy a healthy environment to live in?
    It is so very hard for folk like us,seekers trying to find some place to fit in, trying to explain to another person who lives for let's say,sport,or looking glamorous all the time,and thinking that that is "it",and it is "it",the big illusion!
    You gave your opinion about the big illusions people like us have. I read it and Im not part of that we or us... I dont have those illusions. .. My opinion is that forming opinions of others before you get to know them could get in the way of you ever getting to know them. 

We all share opinions and we share opinions of others opinions. If you get to know what people think or what interests them, then you will have proven me wrong.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:58 pm

No  It doesnt take me half hour to an hour to get ready to go to a shop.... I live in a rented house and just have the 1 car to get me to work.  But there are things that I do because I feel I ought to, whereas others may not feel that. Theyre not illusions to me, because Im aware of what Im doing and am making the choice to respond the way that I do. 

Do you know the woman you described in your post? Or are you using it hypothetically as a comparison?
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:26 pm

gigpdo wrote:The big illusion covers the whole world,not just this forum,I am part of the big illusion, I have been trying to work it out since I was 17,that's 47 years,and I am still trying to work it out,glamour for instance,who here on this forum,females especially worry about the way they look,not to themselves but to others!
    I wake up and clean my teeth and have a quick wash,it takes 5 minutes and I'm done for the day,that's the problem people try to please others before even accepting self,that is an illusion,it takes me 5 minutes to get ready to go to the local shops,how long does it take you?
    30 minutes,an hour because you worry what others may think of you?
    Its true,we live in a world that dictates how we must look to be accepted,that's an illusion in your own mind,as long as you are personally clean,hygiene wise,and your clothes are reasonably clean,they can be shabby buy reasonably clean,then if you are content with your self then you have overcome the illusion of glamour.
    Need two houses,or two or three cars,how about 20 to 50 pairs of shoes?
    Well that's exactly what illusion is!
    You depict startling inaccurate generalisations whilst totally missing the point as to what constitutes the illusion regarding our spirituality!

Aside from what feels like misogynistic leanings, women DON'T feel they 'must' look a certain way to be accepted!  It comes down to personal preference in how they want to be seen...i.e. no one is holding a gun to their head. This relates to conditioning.  It is NOT an illusion since people are judged on their appearances. I daresay the clothes you choose are down to how you want to be seen also, yes???

Incidentally, I am a woman and I don't buy into the conventional look at all!  In fact I delight in looking casual, artistic/bohemian with wild hair!  So bang goes your myopic and erroneous sweeping statements!  We are not all cut from the same cloth and you would do well (i.e. show open mindedness) in allowing for that.

The grand illusion is that we are NOT our ego but our true essence is our soul/spirit.

That you totally fail to acknowledge this makes me question what you know about spirituality.  Indeed I asked you what your spiritual interests are and you have yet to answer that question - you didn't even indicate what this might be in your introduction.  This might be a good opportunity to show your cards....or is there a reason for you not doing so?

ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:20 pm

gigpdo wrote:I do not have any spiritual leanings,I have a very fine and astute intuition,I have a mind that sees through falseness,I have a mind so well tuned to my own self that I realise what I am,nothing,I am nothing but a thought,an idea created by something somewhere,and left to my own devices to work out the bits that are missing,we all are,that's why this forum exists,because you don't know but think you do,same as me,once we work out what motivates us to be who we are,which is ego,or me/mine or "I" then and only then do we progress.
    Do you watch soaps on TV,or reality TV shows or maybe Ellen or Oprah,do you?
    Well if you do then you are on a different path to me,but I suppose spirituality to me if I had to define it would be a bit like the three wise monkeys,hear no evil,speak no evil and see no evil!
    That may seem like a simple silly thing to say,but in reality,it would stop all wars,disagreements and arguments,world peace!
    You may disagree,but the simplest things/sayings are more profound than a complicated discourse that only Albert Einstein would comprehend,that's alright if we all thought like Einstein but we don't,we are all struggling like fish out of water just to get through our lives,we know nothing,absolutely nothing,we are guessing for the most part,just like little kiddies in kindergarten,we know nothing,and if we want to learn and know something we will not find it by using Google to find the answers to life's questions,like my mate Mr G says,one must go to Philadelphia,after Philadelphia all roads are the same!
    There is an awful lot of truth in that,all the answers to all your questions can be found once you reach Philadelphia!
    Thank you for sharing this. 

I am also authentic i.e. can spot 'falseness'... see through hypocrisy/pretensions.   Unfortunately spirituality can make some people aloof, holier-than-thou or display lip service (voicing their beliefs...talking the talk...) but often not walking the talk (where there beliefs either are shown to be integrated in how they behave or not).  I feel myself somewhat duty bound to expose this inconsistency!

What is it you associate with watching soaps, reality TV, Ellen or Oprah?  Some soaps are better made than others!  Much can be learned from reality TV (I have a degree in psychology and find how people interact interesting) and Oprah has done a lot of good e.g. she helped to bring Eckhart Tolle to a mass audience (with his, now, bestseller book "The Power Of Now") which has not only helped so many in emotional pain but brought spirituality more available to the wider public.

What is special about Philadelphia?
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:33 am

gigpdo wrote:Echart Tolle in my opinion could of been a great man,he isn't,why,and this is only my opinion,not a put down of the man but my objective view.
    There is no such thing as "the now",its impossible for "the now" to exist,only past ,present and future are relevant,in the time it takes me to first think,so the speed of thought,to transfer that thought to my finger to type "the now",well the now has past,its gone before I could finish typing it,sadly Tolle hit upon a brilliant marketing tool that has made him a very,very rich man,all because he understood the power of the internet and the how to convince folk like us that "the now" is something we all must have?,at a price?

He found a niche market for something that is free,he is very smart and clever,he is selling folk something that we already have,but he stumbled upon it by sheer accident,he tells you that himself,but has he used his accidental knowledge wisely?,No,he decided to profit from it.

I signed up to his "free" website,I was bombarded with emails offering his great knowledge for a fee,I had trouble unsubscribing,could of been my cheap 7" tablet or my lack of finesse as a PC operator,more than likely he had no personal knowledge because he has business managers,probably from Harvard,but that's what money does to some folk,they go deaf and blind,like blinkered racehorses,only see in one direction.

I was really hoping Eckhart Tolle would shine a new light on this sad world of ours,he didn't,he could of helped so many folk find the salvation they so earnestly seek,from websites just like this one,so many folk looking for answers to a monumental amount of questions,all serious seekers, all looking for that "something" that will change their lives and souls for the better,its already in us,its in front of our faces,but we don't see it because its not what we think it is,its too easy and simple to see,why can't we find it? Why! Eckart Tolle found it,why can't you an I find it,what did he stumble upon?
    Don't say "the now" its impossible to exist,its over before your finger hits the keys on your PC,but I do know that he is a brilliant marketer,absolutely brilliant.

If you want to know the big deal about Philadelphia then look in the book of Revelation,you will find it there,the seven letters to the seven churches of Asia written by St John the Divine,or John of Zebedee, Christs closest disciple,written after the crucifixion, read it very carefully,all the answers you need are there,Philadelphia,the city of brotherly love,written over 2000 years ago!

How strange that you totally miss the meaning of the 'now' - it is the everlasting present - in constant renewal.  Wow and you don't even 'get' what he spelt out in The Power Of Now!  How did you miss it?  He goes to great, explicit lengths that - by being totally aware of what is happening to us in the present moment - the eternal now, constantly renewed, that this is where we can change things e.g. emotional pain; see what is transpiring for what it is (the role of ego).  He gives details, methods, shows the way....how did you miss it?  It's astonishing!!!  SO MANY PEOPLE have benefited from this book else it would not be a best seller so think on.  It helped me.

I do not share your cynical appraisal of Tolle.  He is sincere in what he teaches.  Since you purport to be able to see falseness I am astonished that you cannot recognise this!  Have you seen any of his youtube vids?   There is absolutely no pretension in him whatsoever.  He shares from his own experiences and his popularity is due to his method being beneficial to so many people.

Yes he has made money - like any author writing a book.  He may not have amounted to much had he not been promoted by Oprah on her televised show so blame her if you are so bitter about his current financial status!  His website IS free, i.e. to access so what are you talking about!?   Obviously he is now conducting a business - knowledge coming at a price (e.g. buying books!)  This is strange to you?  He may well have taken advice from business managers since he was originally a simple, humble man sharing his experiences in a book.  This in no way undermines the content and quality of what he imparts to us.

A word of criticism - he does borrow from other ancient spiritual disciplines e.g. mindfulness, which is not to say that he doesn't put his own spin on it.

I will look up the reference you give for Philadelphia once I see some (any!?) evidence of your brotherly love on this forum.  You are not exactly a good advert for that!
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:14 am

gigpdo wrote:Sorry I am not as brilliant as you,this great blinding light of spirituality,who thinks empathy is a pshycic gift?
    Its not,everything written by Tolle I have in books written in the 19th century but re edited and changed around by him,its not plaigerism per se, because the copyright only lasts I think 70 years,Tolle copied others work and then rearranged it to suit his marketing/internet skills,his teachings are old hat,available to anyone to find by proper research,nothing Tolle says is new,there is no now,now was a millionth of a second ago,like I said he has a good marketing team,and I have read the book you mention,everything in it,the whole content I have read before,its already inprint,look for it,seek and ye shall find!
    And again,empathy is not a psyhcic gift,that would be like charging someone to be a light worker,or to read the akashic record of another for a fee,first you have to know where to find it,and its not where you think it is,lol.
    Oh dear...you don't understand the difference between having empathy and being an empath?  Anyone can have empathy e.g. in a certain situation.  Being an empath is much more than that - it's the ability to perceive the mental/emotional state of someone so, yes, it IS a psychic ability!

Whilst I agree that much which Tolle writes about can be gleaned from other, established sources, nevertheless (as I have said) he puts his own spin on it.   If you disagree then show me where his explicit exercises can be found elsewhere.  I am quite widely read when it comes to spirituality and his practical methods are his individual interpretation.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:21 pm

gigpdo wrote:Empaths are born,not taught,its not a psychic phenomena,an empath as you describe it is wrong,empaths feel,there is no midddle ground being an empath,you cant learñ empathy,its a way of life from birth,you are born different to others,empaths are very poor,own very little,why,because they cannot stand suffering in other human beings,its intolerable to see others not eat,you have mistaken empathy for feeling sorry for someone less fortunate than you,being an empath is like living a nightmare 24/7 and 365 days a year for your whole lifespan,even on your deathbed an empath would worry about the person in the next bed,not themselves.
    And that signature of yours is useless,it looks good,and sounds good and is a good quote from the man who taught the Mahatma about civil disobedience,and later Dr King,but your quote is quite useless to a blindman!
    Instead of quoting Walden, or its proper title ( Life in the Woods ) you should pull a quote from his earlier essays!
    Maybe from "The Rights and Duties of the Individual in Relation to Government",later to be published as "Civil Disobedience",he wrote this after being jailed for refusing to pay a poll tax,this was in protest against the government's support of slavery,and,the war in Mexico.
    Your Thoreau signature quote would not make a blindman happy!
    Why not make your signature another more meaningful Thoreau quote like, "Most of the luxuries,and many of the so called comforts of life,are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind"

I have been, and always will be until death, an avid pupil of Thoreau and Whitman for that matter,and a few others you have more than likely never heard of!
    In fact I doubt you own a copy of Walden or the Leaves,in fact I think you are like a lot of others,and what's that?,well Google masters!
    At this present moment I have 6 or 7 books on my tiny coffee table,all open on different pages,just to answer your post!
    That my friend is called getting my facts right before committing myself to type!
    Wow...talk about an all out personal attack! (Spare me the sarcastic 'my friend' - so false!) So much for brotherly love, huh?  What is Kundalini? - Page 2 Dontlaugh Never mind.  What is Kundalini? - Page 2 780422031

OK (rolls up sleeves) from not knowing what an empath is, you now profess to know fully what it entails and are now lecturing me on it. Do you think you are one?  If so, not exactly showing signs of sensitivity! I gave a brief definition of an empath but - since you require a better understanding - yes, it entails feeling.  That's the whole point, i.e. an empath is highly sensitive to the feelings of others.  (Didn't think that needed spelling out...clearly it does!)  There are various kinds of empaths, e.g. some cannot distinguish between their own feelings and that of others.  I am not like that.  However, I am also empowered and so don't have a victim mentality (sorry about that!  ha!)

My signature is far from useless (how can you say that of an author you profess to like) and, furthermore, you could do well to put it into practise!  Maybe then your focus would integrate into Philadelphia's brotherly love that you boast about.  It is a VERY pertinent quote - it makes the difference between being negative and positive minded!  I wonder if you can 'see'/i.e perceive that!?

I guess you need an example of 'it's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see!' Your attitude to your neighbours who don't work.  I wonder how much you know about them....  I look at those who are unemployed and I try to see the bigger picture, i.e. if they have health/mental health problems etc.  Here in UK getting unemployment benefit is no longer an easy ride, i.e. hard to maintain so that needs to be taken into account before condemning them. 

The quote very much depicts your mindset since your focus on me is highly negative and that's your choice.  You can't bring me down (if that is your intention) because I am empowered.  Perhaps you should find someone else to pick on if that's how to get your kicks....better yet, try getting a more loving mindset.

As for your presumptious condemnation as to what books I read, I don't need to be familiar with the works of Thoreau to resonate with his quote.  Just as - by your own admission - you don't need to have spiritual leanings to post on a spiritual forum. 

ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:29 am

gigpdo wrote:I answered Rainbow's question,and in good faith,why because the answers posted were of no help to her/him,why were they of no help,because the posters knew as much about the kundalini as Rainbow,nothing, but as per usual on all forums some longer term members take offence at newcomers maybe having a different viewpoint to them!,that is the ego working,whether you like me saying that or not its true,ego stops a persons progress,ego makes people think they are greater than their neighbour,ego is what has to be controlled,ego is your best friend and worst enemy all at once,your ego keeps you relatively safe,its like a cotton wool cocoon,armour plated too,but it has faults in that protective outer armour plated sheath,the main fault is fear,it allows fear to creep in,you don't live "in the now",you live in fear of the future,of tomorrow or next week,or anytime in the future,and me,I go with whatever comes my way,whatever happens to me the physical happens,the spiritual takes care of itself in the background,I cannot control what happens to me,physically or spiritually, I cannot control something that I don't understand!
    As for Philadelphia, well you can read about it all you like,but you most probably will not understand it,you could get lucky if you Google hard,but if you do realise what it means you got lucky like Eckhart Tolle.
    And if you do work it out,then your whole point of view will change for the better,if you really think you are good at picking falseness in people,then this will really open your eyes and your mind!
    Yes of course we are all operating from ego most of the time and I am aware of what it does.  However, being spiritually focused, I am centred and in a good place i.e. I experience my spirituality (which is a boon in this difficult time for me) whereas you say you have no spiritual leanings.  So it seems you have the words, the understanding but not the actual experience of going beyond ego then?

Gigpdo you are being less than honest to gloss over your harsh posts by saying that some members take offence at newbies with different viewpoints.  For instance, scroll up and see how you attacked me in the post above no. 43 e.g. attacking my signature as being useless and going on about it at great lengths (when you didn't even understand what it meant, clearly)! Just like you don't 'get'/understand the teachings of Tolle i.e. not even what he means by the 'now' (which I tried to explain to you).  Luckily, I was not upset since, as stated, I don't have a victim's mentality (something you do not comprehend since you mistakingly think I am wounded).  I replied and corrected your many erroneous perceptions...not for yourself (you may well be a lost cause) but because I am assertive (empowered) and to balance/illuminate the situation for readers here - so at least they have both sides and can make up their own minds.  I am very far from being a sitting duck as you may now realise.

Perhaps I will understand your take on brotherly love in Philadelphia, where you live, once you show it here......pause for thought maybe?  I am not calling you false - myopic and hypocriticial certainly!  I have been on the spiritual path most of my adult life, i.e. self development, learning from lessons.  By contrast you show little signs of being receptive to altering your closed mindset even when it is made clear how blinkered you are (not just by myself).  Oh well, your choice.

Your confessed lack of spirituality is marked on such a forum as this and I am tiring of interacting with you since you set yourself up to be in a place of teaching (without the experience) and not receptive to learning.  I may not respond to your future posts so this is to explain why.

Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:13 pm

i feel that these kind of books increase knowledge, but do little to enhance the spirits journey. When people's opinions rely extensively on the people they have 'read', they're not really speaking from spirit... they're speaking about spiritual ideas from their intellect. 

Gigpdo, Ame is already aware that I'm not a book person as we've discussed it before and found that it is an area that we disagree on. Yet, by listening to her perspective I gained further understanding as to how some  people might have used their experience of books as a first step to finding experiences of their own spirit. My view isn't much changed on following teachers and books. But I accept and respect other peoples experiences have formed different perspectives and there is little worth in trying to give one perspective the upper hand over another. They are what they are. 

My perspective of the now or the present moment is different from both yours and Ame's. Does that mean I'm right and you and Ame are wrong? Or does it mean Ame's right and me and you are wrong? Or does it mean you're right and me and Ame are wrong? Or does it mean that three different people see the same thing from different perspectives because of where they sit? 

Getting to know people.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:32 am

What is it that you get from them then, if you dont mind me asking.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content