Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

What is a Psychic ?

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

What is a Psychic ?  Empty What is a Psychic ?

Post  Lynn Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:16 pm

What is a Psychic ?

The term Psychic comes from the Greek word psychikos - meaning of the mind, mental also sensitive. A psychic hold the ability to “see” information that is hidden from the normal 5 senses ( touch, smell, sight, taste, hearing ) bringing in what we call the 6th Sense.

This ability can be used in various ways. Some one the state level where one puts forth an act to do such things as “cold readings” where one tells a total stranger things about them or their life, or where one “reads” what might be in one hand or pocket ext.

From the more practical point of view a psychic can be of great benefit to one that seeks one out. In using that 6th Sense, they can at times access those hidden issues that block us on our life path, show us where better choices might well be made.

The path of the psychic to where they are now is an ancient one. They were the early fortune tellers. They were sought out by Kings and other rulers. Kept in high regard for the insights to events and possible outcomes. The term they went by as Prophets. From the religion view point a Prophet was an individual whom claimed to have a connection to the divine and in that connection be given information’s on the future. The claims of Prophets span many a time in history, Christianity, Islam, Ancient Greece, Norse. Ext.

One of the most famous is the Pythia better known as the “Oracle of Delphi”. She was a priestess at the Temple of Apollo. The prophecies she gave were highly respected and were said to inspire Apollo. What we now know is that there might well have been toxic gasses present there that might have given her that connection to the divine.

Modern day Psychics are Readers, in many a divination such as Tarot, Oracle, Penjelem or even psychic drawings to pass on messages. While the messages are generally directed on questions regarding one’s life path and where one is going on that path, at times they too can give messages from past lives or passed LOVed one’s . Thought there area is more directed to the living path.

Often confused with a Medium that has the focus on dealing with Spirit and other Divine beings. While at times those messages can help the one receiving it along the life path, the focus is not on work with the living . One seeks out a Psychic when one wants a life path reading and seeks a Medium when one wants a message from a LOVed one.

There are too cases where one is both a Medium and Psychic but that is less the norm.

Lynn

NOTE : the viewpoint "I" see it from does not mean "I" am the ONLY viewpoint.

sparkly
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989

What is a Psychic ?  Empty Re: What is a Psychic ?

Post  sparkly Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:08 am

hey lynn,
    if i'm right, this all descends from the goddess "psyche" (pronounced "siki")....
    i think by cold readings it's meant the person is a good character study and a fake.
    there's a chapter in the bible, where king david must seek advice on how to carry the covenant. unfortunately because she's a woman, there is but a paragraph on her.......but reading between the lines you can tell she was a very important and extremely wise person.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics

Post  Lynn Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:09 am

sparkly wrote:hey lynn,
    if i'm right, this all descends from the goddess "psyche" (pronounced "siki")....
    i think by cold readings it's meant the person is a good character study and a fake.
    there's a chapter in the bible, where king david must seek advice on how to carry the covenant. unfortunately because she's a woman, there is but a paragraph on her.......but reading between the lines you can tell she was a very important and extremely wise person.

Hello

I know of the Biblical reference I think its in the Old Testimate. Where the Roman's and Greek's were more open to hava a woman in that role sadly the Christians did not seem to embrace that same.

Cold Reading is a series of techniques used by pshychics to determine or show details about somoene. It is said that one's that cold read use probable guesses about the person and then look for signs if they are heading the right direction. Making sure not to stay for long on a missed guess, moving to the next question or idea.

NOW that is fine in a controlled person to person reading or where on is in communictations.

Taken further for some it can be done by the focus on whom one wants to read and connecting to their very energy and "reading" them. This is what is commonly known as being a Pyschic Vampire and it is SO on SO rude and wrong.

Lynn
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989

Post  sparkly Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:19 am

hi lynn,
    yes as someone who was brought up catholic, i found this article in the bible fascinating! like reading a great book, or a great movie i was hungry for more! but there was....zilch. the bible doesn't give any women much of a profile...basically vessels for childbearing or esther, for seducing her husband to save her people- she got a book!
    the paradox is as catholics we were taught that psychic stuff is dubious, kinda of the devil, i think.
    this i lifetd from wiki reflects my understanding of cold reading, which is not psychic ability, but body language, reading cues. however, perhaps in canada, it is used differently. there's actually hints tips and techniques if you type it into your search engine; This article is about the communication technique. For the theatrical training technique, see Cold reading (theatrical).

Cold reading is a series of techniques used by mentalists, illusionists, psychics and con artists to determine or express details about another person, often in order to convince them that the reader knows much more about a subject than they actually do.[1] Without prior knowledge of a person, a practiced cold reader can still quickly obtain a great deal of information about the subject by analyzing the person's body language, age, clothing or fashion, hairstyle, gender, sexual orientation, religion, race or ethnicity, level of education, manner of speech, place of origin, etc. Cold readers commonly employ high probability guesses about the subject, quickly picking up on signals from their subjects as to whether their guesses are in the right direction or not, and then emphasizing and reinforcing any chance connections the subjects acknowledge while quickly moving on from missed guesses.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:57 pm