Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
feather
Violet
6 posters

How do they come through to us?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

How do they come through to us? - Page 2 Empty How do they come through to us?

Post  Violet Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

We talk a lot about how we, and mediums get through to spirits, but how do you think it works from their side? Do they look around for a medium in the same way we do, do they gossip about mediums and say 'oooh such and such got me through to my daughter last week she's really good?'

Last edited by Violet on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

How do they come through to us? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do they come through to us?

Post  skye Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:55 am

I can understand that,Skye.
    Most admit I have been told so many variations of the spirit world,I really do not know what to believe.

I wonder if the reason for this could be that as individuals, whether in the spirit world or here, each has their own perception of their world. Add this to the law of attraction, whereby it's said by some that our earthly actions, thoughts and deeds dictates where we find ourselves when we eventually enter the world of spirit, then it's understandable why there are different versions. Dictates may not be the correct word but, I couldn't think of another word to use.

Also the subject of mediumship.
    Some say to just let ourselves relax,spirit will come through!
    Some say we need to do this,that or the other.
    I say spirit will come through when they are ready to do so.
    Am I correct?

Mediumship works on a faster vibration than that of a relaxed state of mind, such as in a meditation. Being too relaxed won't achieve the required results. In the example you have mentioned Joan, I suspect the people who are suggesting 'let ourselves relax' are doing so to help encourage a person to not to let their rational mind take over.

If we are physically relaxed it's easier to alter our state of awareness which is necessary to work on a mediumistic or psychic level. To receive communication and link with a spirit, we have to be on the same wavelength, therefore, we must raise our vibration to blend with theirs. This process needs more power or energy from ourselves. If we don't have enough power, we won't connect with the spirit world.

I was told once that I block spirit without realising it but I am not aware of that.
    Perhaps that is the reason they use the half sleeping hours to make themselves known to me.
    I feel I am improving in spirit contact but so slowly.
    I do need to relax more,I am aware of that.

There can be times where our consciousness temporarily shifts and we pick up on impressions sent by those in the spirit world. Unfortunately, the moment we become aware of these impressions, we instantly lower our heightened sense of awareness and let our conscious mind kick in to make sense of it, but we often start to question what ever it was that we physically heard, saw or felt. What ever way we receive the impression, it comes through the mind first, which is how mediumship works.

I suppose we can block spirit a number of ways. It may be when our mind is thinking about other things or when there is some fear of the unknown within us.
    Both developing and unfoldment is a slow process Joan. People develop at a rate that is best for them. Sitting or meditating on a regular basis will help in your attunement with spirit.

What I can't understand is how a few days after Ken's passing,he came through to me so easily so why not now?
    My question is,why do the contacts from spirit become less after a longer time in spirit?
    Could I liken it to two friends who have moved a distance from each other and the friendship which was very close now widens because of longer distance between them?

I personally find such questions difficult to answer as I have no idea why these things happen. It may be more for our own good than anything else as we have to live in this world and learn and grow from our own experiences.

Perhaps Ken came through easily so soon after his passing, Joan, because of the love you both shared together and he wanted you to know that he was still going to be around you. Maybe Ken felt that that was all you needed from him at that time.

If you're talking about Ken personally contacting you, perhaps he knows and understands how difficult it is for you to be receptive to his impressions or, maybe you are aware of his presence but are unsure as to whether it's him or not.

If you're meaning communication is beoming less through a medium all I know is, spirit beings are not with us 24/7 as they have their own work to do, although they are aware of what is happening around us. Maybe it's because you are coping well with situations that do arise in your life and as a result you are not in need of a message. It's something I can't answer Joan because I simply don't know. Maybe someone else on this site can answer this for you.

I doubt very much that the bonds of love loses any of it's strength in the spirit world, like it so often and easily does in our physical world.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

How do they come through to us? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do they come through to us?

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:50 am

Skye,will be back later,have an appt for check up at hosp this morning so will answer when I return home.

Some interesting answers there.

Joanie xx
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:45 pm

I'm back.

Read through through your answers,Skye.

Some interesting output there.

One of the entries you put was about retaining the level of consciousness which spirit do come through.

You are correct in saying that once we realise spirit are visiting,say at a certain moment,we immediately jump back to the present thus losing that certain level we needed to contact spirit.

I think this is what is happening to me.

i am drifting off but can still hear small noises from outside like the ticking of a clock or wind blowing. I am not asleep. I hear a voice speak to me in my ear then I am fully alert! They disappear.

I need to get over that problem.

Next time this happens to me,I will try and stay in the same condition I was when the voice speaks.

Will try and keep my energy level at the same place.

Bless you,Skye.

How do they come through to us? - Page 2 621623
    skye

Female

Post  skye Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:02 pm

Good luck Joan xxx
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:47 pm

Thumbs up,Skye.

Don't go back until March.How do they come through to us? - Page 2 331509
    skye

Female

Post  skye Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:53 pm

That's great to hear Joan. :hugz:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:52 am