Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

How do I find my way?

loulou7309
    loulou7309

Female
    Number of posts : 24
    Job/hobbies : Being with my Family. Crystals, Angels, Tarot
    Registration date : 2011-08-20

How do I find my way? Empty How do I find my way?

Post  loulou7309 Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:14 am

I am at the very, very beginning of my journey and feel unsure of how or what I should be doing really. I try to meditate a little each day and am practicing with music or sometimes without. Do you think it's good to use guided meditations or visualisations or a mix of both? And how long should I meditate for each day? My mind often feels busy and distracted so how can I learn to focus better? :huh:
    Love and light xXx
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

How do I find my way? Empty Re: How do I find my way?

Post  skye Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:49 pm

loulou7309 wrote:I am at the very, very beginning of my journey and feel unsure of how or what I should be doing really. I try to meditate a little each day and am practicing with music or sometimes without. Do you think it's good to use guided meditations or visualisations or a mix of both? And how long should I meditate for each day? My mind often feels busy and distracted so how can I learn to focus better? :huh:
    Love and light xXx

Guided meditations/visualisations can help train your mind to keep it focused, as long as you don't let your imagination run ahead and do your own thing. Stay with the speakers voice at all times. If you notice your thoughts have gone off on a tangent, return to the meditation and begin again. It can take some time to perfect this technique, try not to get frustrated in your attempts as it isn't easy.

As for meditating, it's not how long or how often you meditate for that's important, it's the quality time spent in the meditation. This is why focus becomes an integral part to ones practice or development. Some people choose to listen to music and some don't. It's what works for you that matters. I personally don't bother with music because my purpose is to go into the quietness.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:43 pm

As for meditating, it's not how long or how often you meditate for that's important, it's the quality time spent in the meditation.

I totally agree with Skye sometimes it is far better to have one good quality meditation every three days or even once a week, instead of putting yourself under pressure to meditate daily, meditating daily can become like a chore if you're not benefitting from it. I also agree with experimenting with music etc.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    loulou7309
    loulou7309

Female
    Number of posts : 24
    Job/hobbies : Being with my Family. Crystals, Angels, Tarot
    Registration date : 2011-08-20

Post  loulou7309 Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:55 pm

Thank you Skye for pointing out to me that it's the quality rather than the quantity that matters, I'd never considered that. I thought I would have to be very self disciplined and practice everyday to achieve any benefits through meditation, I feel happier knowing that it's ok to maybe practice every other day etc...
    Thanks too Violet, I will experiment with the music. Thank you both for your advice, You've made me feel very welcome to the forum. :megahug:

Lou lou. xXx

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:32 pm