Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

For those that use tarot/oracle cards

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

For those that use tarot/oracle cards Empty For those that use tarot/oracle cards

Post  Violet Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:13 pm

How did you start, how did find out they existed, were you introduced to them by someone else or did you see them somewhere and become curious? Also have you ever been scared of them?
    gilly
    gilly

Male
    Number of posts : 851
    Job/hobbies : Writing Sci/Fi and Fantasy
    Registration date : 2011-11-11

For those that use tarot/oracle cards Empty Re: For those that use tarot/oracle cards

Post  gilly Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:22 pm

Violet wrote:How did you start, how did find out they existed, were you introduced to them by someone else or did you see them somewhere and become curious? Also have you ever been scared of them?

Hello Violet

Many years ago when I first attended awareness classes, before I started development classes we had a discussion about giving messages. The discussion started with mediums who stand on a platform and give the congregation messages from loved ones. The whole thing developed into giving readings with tarot and oracle cards.

Someone, I do not remember who, said it was wrong to go buy your own deck of cards, they should be bought for you?????(anyone else come accross this one?)

The next Christmas came with each member of the class buying a deck for each other. I received three decks, one tarot that I have never felt at home with! Another was 'Healing with Angels' that I have used from time to time. The third was a pack of 'Mermaids and Dolphins' oracle cards!! I connect with two of my guides when using this pack--Martin and Sarah--have had many 'good' readings with these--in fact I cannot recall giving anything other than a 'good' reading with them.

PPLLnL dear lady

Peter

haha I do believe I once gave you a reading under the username PPrncpl7.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

For those that use tarot/oracle cards Empty Re: For those that use tarot/oracle cards

Post  Violet Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:46 pm

Someone, I do not remember who, said it was wrong to go buy your own deck of cards, they should be bought for you?????(anyone else come accross this one?)

I've heard that they are supposed to be 'gifted' to you, personally I don't think it matters I also heasrd someone threw a deck away because someone told them it was unlucky to have them in the home, I don't believe that either.

And yes you did give me a very good readingFor those that use tarot/oracle cards 821538
    Topaz
    Topaz

Female
    Number of posts : 119
    Registration date : 2011-05-21

Post  Topaz Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:34 pm

I can't remember where I first found out about Oracle cards. It wasn't until I joined another site and was given a reading that I became curious and bought myself a deck. (The first of many lol) I gave it a go and found it very easy to do readings, so offered to do readings on the site - talk about jumping in at the deep end, but nobody complained, so I must've been ok lol.
    I've never been frightened by the cards. I see them as a starting point for a reading, rather than a firm meaning. Sorta like if you try and strike up a conversation with a stranger. Where do you start? But if they're walking a dog, it gives you an opener. I see the cards like that, an ice breaker to the start of a reading. A bit unconventional maybe, but when have I ever been conventional with anything For those that use tarot/oracle cards 368832
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:37 pm

i really do not remember, what i do remember is starting with playing cards and being very young of age. in my teens i allready had a deck of tarot, but i really don't know where did i hear about it or why and how i got any info. it feels as if it allways been part of my life.

s
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:32 pm

Yeah I was in my teens too, I borrowed some and never looked back, I gave the cards back thoughFor those that use tarot/oracle cards 809779

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:31 am