Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Tarot & Oracle Cards Latest Purchases & interests

RainbowLight
    RainbowLight

Female
    Number of posts : 265
    Registration date : 2020-10-15

Tarot & Oracle Cards Latest Purchases & interests Empty Tarot & Oracle Cards Latest Purchases & interests

Post  RainbowLight Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:11 pm

Starting a new topic as I cannot really find this. I don't mean this to recommend a deck, or to be strictly Tarot as most my decks are oracle cards.

I recently purchased Archetype Cards by Caroline Myss. They already in tha house.

On the way:
    - Dream Reading cards by Rose Inserra
    - Ascension cards by Diana Cooper

The first is more for your own dream interpretation, not so much for pick a cards. It has theme cards, so themes for a dream like flying, baby, people, buildings etc. and then there are oracle cards to help further explain why you dreamt about it.

The ascension cards are just wonderful, totally 5D like everything Diana does, and one of a kind. 

Both decks weren't easy to come by but I succeeded in the end.
    Elfin

Number of posts : 208
    Registration date : 2020-10-16

Tarot & Oracle Cards Latest Purchases & interests Empty Re: Tarot & Oracle Cards Latest Purchases & interests

Post  Elfin Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:25 pm

A nice topic RainbowLight.... I have never used tarot cards , as they always seemed a bit "complex" to me !. Although I have had many readings. My favourite deck is the "Angel healing cards" which I have been using the longest, and never let me down when doing readings for someone. I work with my intuitive guidance ( HSP/Empath). I have the ArchAngel Michael deck, which I also love. One of my most recent decks is the "past life" deck.. however, I am not as practised with those as yet. Do you have a particular favourite deck?...
    RainbowLight
    RainbowLight

Female

Tarot & Oracle Cards Latest Purchases & interests Empty Re: Tarot & Oracle Cards Latest Purchases & interests

Post  RainbowLight Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:37 pm

Elfin wrote:A nice topic RainbowLight.... I have never used tarot cards , as they always seemed a bit "complex" to me !. Although I have had many readings. My favourite deck is the "Angel healing cards" which I have been using the longest, and never let me down when doing readings for someone. I work with my intuitive guidance ( HSP/Empath). I have the ArchAngel Michael deck, which I also love. One of my most recent decks is the "past life" deck.. however, I am not as practised with those as yet. Do you have a particular favourite deck?...
    Hi Elfin!
    Yes, I'm very fond of the Work Your Light oracle by Rebecca Campbell. Very much focused on Lightwork / ascension / 5D and I love the artwork! The artwork is done by the same woman who published the Moonchild Tarot, which I also have and love! I think the most expensive Tarot deck I have as well...

As for Tarot it is both the Moonchild Tarot and the Wildwood Tarot. 
    I currently have 56 decks but these are my favourites, although I use the others too, depending on what type of reading and the vibe.

:astar:
    RainbowLight
    RainbowLight

Female

Post  RainbowLight Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:11 am

There's one on my wishlist, but it'll have to wait a bit as I find the price a bit steep, and that is...
    The Everyday Witch Tarot.

They recently released a pocket / purse version of this that as the name suggest you can easily take with you. It is cheaper but also really quite small. I'll wait till I feel a stronger desire to get it, the regular version that is.

Tarot & Oracle Cards Latest Purchases & interests 6bd5a4754da397d6098d37623b2f938a
    Elfin

Post  Elfin Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:52 am

Hi again..... Looking at your message above , posted at 11:11.... And sorry , can't ignore that. By me voicing it, that is my way of acknowledgement. ( Sorry !)..... Gosh, you have a lot of decks!... I have about a dozen. I will have to check some of them out. Do the prices vary that much ?.. I thought they were all roughly a standard price... Between £11.99 and £13.99.... UK prices. I can agree entirely that sometimes it's the artwork that draws us. I believe the artwork in itself is important in order to connect more with the cards. It would be like putting wallpaper on your walls that you don't like... !!!
    RainbowLight
    RainbowLight

Female

Post  RainbowLight Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:13 pm

Elfin wrote:Hi again..... Looking at your message above , posted at 11:11.... And sorry , can't ignore that. By me voicing it, that is my way of acknowledgement. ( Sorry !)..... Gosh, you have a lot of decks!... I have about a dozen. I will have to check some of them out. Do the prices vary that much ?.. I thought they were all roughly a standard price... Between £11.99 and £13.99.... UK prices. I can agree entirely that sometimes it's the artwork that draws us. I believe the artwork in itself is important in order to connect more with the cards. It would be like putting wallpaper on your walls that you don't like... !!!
    Ha, I didn't see the 11:11 as for me it says 12:11. I'm an hour ahead, mainland Europe, The Netherlands, hihi. 
    My first posting I did spot it said 23:11. We have 24 hr time notation so to me that reads as 11:11.
    I do like double digits for sure! And especially the 23:11 one seems to stick to me, lol. I've seen it every day for about 2 weeks. Then it got less but I still regularly see it!

Anywho, yes the price of a deck can vary and of late the average price is around E25, which I guesstimate is L22. Some are cheaper still but most decks aren't.
    Some go over E30 even and the Moonchild Tarot was around E58-E65 depending on where you got it. So that is around L55 as well in some shops.
    Then the additional shipment costs... I managed to find one shop in the Netherlands that had it so that kept the postage down. I'd found it in the UK as well, but then it would've cost me an additional L18-L20 in postage!! 
    It's a deck that she -the maker Danielle Noel- keeps off the regular shop sites. it's in Indie shops only, and only ever printed in small batches so it's often out of stock. Then it takes a few months before there's new stock.
    I guess a nice artificial way of keeping its price high.
    I REALLY wanted it but I rarely spend so much money on one deck.

The artwork sure is why I get a deck too. If it doesn't appeal, I don't want it. 
    The recent exception is the Archetype Cards deck. I don't like the artwork of that one much, but I did like the deck, how it functions. Very much Jungian psychology based which I like :) So that's why I bought that one. 
    But that really is an exception to that 'I got to like the artwork' unwritten-rule, haha.

Artwork can also trigger different parts of your inner being / intuition. Like with the Wildwood Tarot I can go really deep, much more so than with a RWS-based deck like Robin Wood. Even though I also love that deck!
    The one thing I had to get used to with the Wildwood is that all the court cards are animals. I usually cannot relate so well to animals in positions of representing a person.
    So having for instance the salmon for Queen of Cups... odd!!

I didn't have all that many decks a few years ago. I got into it when I started my YouTube channel. And let's face it, there's always another lovely deck out there! That's why I better not look around too much. I have a list though with decks I want. Then I can let it sink in and oftentimes I remove a deck after a while. It's my way of not buying too much too soon and end up with cards that I don't really like so much in the end. Reduce the number of 'impulse purchases'.
    Elfin

Post  Elfin Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:44 pm

Ahhh... Well maybe by me acknowledging the 11:11....that was it being brought to your attention too. A number that I LOVE even more than cheese on toast LOL. Goodness.. yes the prices , I agree, maybe outweigh themselves. No matter how coveted , they are only worth what the buyer is willing to pay. I'm with you with regard to the animal "images". I cannot connect with those in able to decifer a reading or interpretation to a person, as animals in spirit or otherwise , I am a bit clueless with. And we need to look into the images, to explore their meaning, to connect and know deep within , what the picture is "saying"...... Would not bode well if I'm doing a reading, and a mouse appears, and all I can say is "do you like cheese.... Or chocolate ?" Lol.... But I love connecting with the right deck. You are on you tube? Doing readings?... I wonder if I've watched you!!!....saw so many!... But all of it fascinates me . Do you ever come across people in a group ...i.e at work ...who laugh at you for your "being away with the fairies?"..... And make fun... But then in private they seek you out and say "can you do a reading for me?".....LoL...I've had that over and over. And then when I do I reading, they are "gobsmacked" ....!!!!!!
    RainbowLight
    RainbowLight

Female

Post  RainbowLight Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:30 pm

Well, that's a nice compliment then!!
    I have not had that happen myself I think. But I do not necessarily talk to everyone about what I do or what I stand for. I do not pretend to be different than I am, but if an audience isn't open to energywork and spirituality I'm not going to bother. 
    Sometimes it does come up in the end, once you get to know each other better.
    I had a colleague who asked me for a reading/healing for his wife and it was very accurate and helpful. But he had never shunned it, he was totally open to it. I believe his wife was also very intuitive. He later on contacted me concerning entities in their home and one of their kids being bothered by it, asking if I was willing to help. 
    I declined. That's one thing I don't do. I've lived in houses with entities, I've had enough of that stuff. Plus, I tend to take things home with me. My forté is in a different area anyway.

And yep, I have a YouTube channel with readings and occasionally some inspirational vids. But it's stagnating at the mo, but I still tend to post approx. 1 reading a week :) I have one at the ready as we speak to record, hihi.
    If you wish you can check it out, over 200 vids on my channel I believe. My name is Sparkling Diva1111. 

K\'s stars
    Elfin

Post  Elfin Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:44 pm

WOW... I KNEW..... I just KNEW 11:11 was relevant !!!!!!!! I can't say too much.... But 11:11 also appears somewhere for me !!!.. I had a female colleague once , that was so sweet and so well liked, and so "normal" !!!.... She used to show us these family "portraits" she had done of her and her hubby and two kids. Model family. She asked me in secret to do a reading. Of course "new love" came out. I felt uncomfortable, but went with the flow in telling her, it does not mean literally. It could mean "re-emergence" of love between you and husband, if life has been demanding and not able to focus on each other . Things will change.... Turned out, several weeks later, she was having affair with boss LOL. Everyone was so shocked !!!...... Will check out your channel.
    RainbowLight
    RainbowLight

Female

Post  RainbowLight Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:16 pm

Elfin wrote:WOW...  I KNEW..... I just KNEW 11:11 was relevant !!!!!!!! I can't say too much.... But 11:11 also appears somewhere for me !!!.. I had a female colleague once , that was so sweet and so well liked, and so "normal" !!!.... She used to show us these family "portraits" she had done of her and her hubby and two kids. Model family. She asked me in secret to do a reading. Of course "new love" came out. I felt uncomfortable, but went with the flow in telling her, it does not mean literally. It could mean "re-emergence" of love between you and husband, if life has been demanding and not able to focus on each other . Things will change....  Turned out, several weeks later, she was having affair with boss LOL. Everyone was so shocked !!!...... Will check out your channel.
    Haha, yes 11:11 is relevant! I feel the fact you saw that is too, even though on my end it displays an hour later.

And yup, some messages can be awkward to pass on. We want to bring happy news, right. Usually to do with fearing how the other will take it. 
    However sad it may be for her family, you did get confirmation! And someone doesn't just get into an affair when an relationship is totally healthy.
    Elfin

Post  Elfin Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:25 pm

I mean, it's all just amazing really. Bring on 11:11... So meaningful. Aye, that lass must have nearly fallen off her chair when I told her "new love"... She knew all along that she was with someone else.... But I didn't !!!!!!!!!! But never mind her .... She's ancient history!!..... Now more about 11:11 heehee ..... Just jesting !
    RainbowLight
    RainbowLight

Female

Post  RainbowLight Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:39 am

Double digits are fun and a great way to know whether you're still tapped into the flow of life :)

OT - I buy most of my oracle & Tarot cards in the UK. Even though I'm not native speaker of English, I work in English a lot and when I record readings, I want my cards to be in English. Much easier than me translating Dutch online. 
    Plus, most cards were originally in English and things always get lost or changed in translations. I know, cos I've done part of the study to become a translator. 
    Another reason to buy directly in the UK is that Dutch stores don't always have the decks I want OR they have to order it from the UK or US themselves which takes longer than me ordering it abroad myself.

I don't buy in the US if I can help it. Too high a risk of customs getting involved and having to cough up extra. And it always takes longer to get here. 
    I know 3 shops in the UK now that don't charge shipping cost so that's cool too!
    After this year's gone by I don't know. Depends on what the EU does with this now that the UK has had Brexit. Could be next year it'll be the same as buying from the US with customs. 
    I hope not!!

For that reason I maybe should go for the Everyday Witch Tarot before the end of the year. :scratch:
    Elfin

Post  Elfin Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:20 pm

Oh Goodness Rainbow, none of us know what is going to happen after Brexit !!!!!! Do you know what?.... I say just go for your everyday witch Tarot deck now..... You obviously want it, get it while you can !!!!!! .... And besides which, you probably deserve this deck... Do you know how I always know how much I "crave" something?.... By how much I "dribble" at the thought of it !!!! LOL..... If I don't dribble... I don't want it enough !!! But if a see something that makes me dribble... I've got to have it !!!!..... At any cost heehee ...Treat yourself lovely lady... Why ?... Because you deserve it!!!......
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:18 pm

I am not a lover of Tarot Cards i have Angel cards but my favourite are my Native American Healing cards.
     but being a medium i dont use them as a tool to connect to spirit

Namaste
    Elfin

Post  Elfin Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:35 pm

Native spirit wrote: I am not a lover of Tarot Cards i have Angel cards but my favourite are my Native American Healing cards.
     but being a medium i dont use them as a tool to connect to spirit
    .......... Hi Native... Me neither with tarot. I am lover of angel cards.... I dont actually "feel " that you need any cards. I think you just "know" things, without any tools.

Namaste
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:42 pm

Native spirit wrote: I am not a lover of Tarot Cards i have Angel cards but my favourite are my Native American Healing cards.
     but being a medium i dont use them as a tool to connect to spirit Namaste

Based on what I thought, and what I learned from Tarot practitioners, cards aren't a tool to connect with our unseen friends in spirit. But they may sometimes act as a prop that assists some to make the personal energy shift necessary to achieve mediumship.
    Elfin

Post  Elfin Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:49 pm

mac wrote:
     but being a medium i dont use them as a tool to connect to spirit Namaste

Based on what I thought, and what I learned from Tarot practitioners, cards aren't a tool to connect with our unseen friends in spirit. But they may sometimes act as a prop that assists some to make the personal energy shift necessary to achieve mediumship.
    ....... Yes Mac... Just a prop , help and guidence to confirm intuition and inner knowledge...
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:36 pm

Yes Mac

I dont use them to connect to spirit but some readers use them as a prop to connect 

Namaste
    Elfin

Post  Elfin Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:14 pm

Native spirit wrote:Yes Mac

I dont use them to connect to spirit but some readers use them as a prop to connect 

Namaste
    ........ I use them as a guide to what my intuition is telling me. I instantly know what the cards "mean". All of a sudden it "makes sense"... But no good using the cards if you don't actually have a connection of any intuitive feeling to start with. Otherwise it's simply "guesswork" and anyone can do that.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:48 pm

Elfin wrote:

Namaste
    ........ I use them as a guide to what my intuition is telling me. I instantly know what the cards "mean". All of a sudden it "makes sense"... But no good using the cards if you don't actually have a connection of any intuitive feeling to start with. Otherwise it's simply "guesswork" and anyone can do that.

You'd think Tarot buffs would explain their attributes similarly but some get very defensive when questioned 'how it works', as if one is not supposed to ask or to find out.
    Elfin

Post  Elfin Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:54 pm

mac wrote:
    Elfin wrote:

Namaste

You'd think Tarot buffs would explain their attributes similarly but some get very defensive when questioned 'how it works', as if one is not supposed to ask or to find out.
    ......... I don't know why anyone would, or should become defensive. You read, with intuition and knowing, it's quite simple. Without the intuition, and knowing, you wouldn't read the cards. Anyone can pull a deck of cards and tell someone something.....but without the spiritual guidance it is worthless.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:14 pm

Elfin wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Elfin wrote:

Namaste

......... I don't know why anyone would, or should become defensive. You read, with intuition and knowing, it's quite simple. Without the intuition, and knowing, you wouldn't read the cards. Anyone can pull a deck of cards and tell someone something.....but without the spiritual guidance it is worthless.

I've often thought it may just be they don't like being questioned but it may be they really don't understand. It may not be many individuals - I simply don't know and it's not my main interest.
    Elfin

Post  Elfin Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:27 pm

It's hard to explain Mac. You have the "knowing"... But I'm not a medium. I have intuitive guidance. The cards .. when I focus on my "subject" help me to understand my intuition... Confirm it if you like. I don't understand either, why anyone would become defensive, or not like being questioned.... It's not really a secret !.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:02 pm

Elfin wrote:It's hard to explain Mac. You have the "knowing"... But I'm not a medium. I have intuitive guidance. The cards .. when I focus on my "subject" help me to understand my intuition... Confirm it if you like. I don't understand either, why anyone would become defensive, or not like being questioned.... It's not really a secret !.

I just don't know, A, and it's not everyone who's defensive. May I ask you a couple of questions?

When you say "intuitive guidance" could you give a typical example? And who guides?
    Elfin

Post  Elfin Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:25 pm

mac wrote:
    Elfin wrote:It's hard to explain Mac. You have the "knowing"... But I'm not a medium. I have intuitive guidance. The cards .. when I focus on my "subject" help me to understand my intuition... Confirm it if you like. I don't understand either, why anyone would become defensive, or not like being questioned.... It's not really a secret !.

I just don't know, A, and it's not everyone who's defensive. May I ask you a couple of questions?

When you say "intuitive guidance" could you give a typical example? And who guides?
    Yes of course....you can ask me anything Mac..... If I do a reading for someone, I totally focus and "talk" to the Angels prior to the reading. I completely clear my mind... I only focus on the subject ( client). I tell the angels I am reading for ?....( Subjects name). I ask for guidence in understanding the message from the cards in order that I can give a clear concise message. My intuition comes from the fact that I am hsp/ Empath, and my intuition never lets me down. My inner guidence is highlighted and clarified with the cards. For example, a particular card could have 3 or 4 different meanings, but I KNOW instinctively which area of those different meanings I am meant to focus on. Testimony, as has happened in the past, I have had a man burst into tears, bring me chocolates and flowers the next day ( because my readings were free)... And changed his life completely , for the better, because suddenly, he saw things differently, and was able to go down the path he had chosen, but was afraid to do so because of "family pressure".... I still see him and his wife occasionally... They still telle how much that day in my shop changed their lives, and he / they are so happy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 2:38 am