Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
feather
Violet
6 posters

Second hand clothing and jewellry

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Second hand clothing and jewellry Empty Second hand clothing and jewellry

Post  Violet Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:59 am

Do you believe these can carry the energies of the previous owner even when washed?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Second hand clothing and jewellry Empty Re: Second hand clothing and jewellry

Post  feather Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:20 am

Maybe, Violet.

I don't know whether you can tell unless you feel something a bit out of the usual when you wear the clothes. If they feel good then ...no problem.

I think most people wouldn't wear certain clothes if they didn't feel right.

I supose the same could be asked of new clothes too...do they retain the energy of their makers?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:20 am

Interesting question,Violet.

Yes,I feel they would.

Like old jewelry,we can feel the essence of who ever owned it before us.
    gilly
    gilly

Male
    Number of posts : 851
    Job/hobbies : Writing Sci/Fi and Fantasy
    Registration date : 2011-11-11

Post  gilly Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:13 am

Hello Violet

The answer is a very definite YES, except when cleansed which is not the same as 'washed'!

I have held objects belonging to other members of our development group and have been able to pick up some very candid information from them.

If I am able to pick this up then there is something there for more developed mediums than myself.

PPLLnL

Peter
    CW
    CW

Female
    Number of posts : 734
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

Post  CW Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:28 pm

Violet my answer is no. It is my understanding that your physical energies can only last a short time and space beyond the physical body. Spiritually, energies are different, yet I don't feel the previous owner's spiritual energies would interfere with your own energetic field unless you felt some type of emotion towards the garment. I feel the things we digest internally has more power to influence our energy field than any external thing.

Believe it or not we are constantly bouncing off and connecting to energetic force fields all day, every where we go. The question that comes to my mine is; can these energies influence or over over power my own? The answer I get is; "yes, only if we digested it, such as food, drugs, pain, joy, fear just to name a few."

Something like used cloths, cars, houses, or a seat at the stadium, I don't think so. Unless these things cause us fear, pain, or we digest something unclean from them.

Here's a little something about human energy fields : http://www.localaccess.com/HealingHands/Human%20Energy%20Field.htm

Love to all...
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi CW.
    You jogged my memory there.
    Slighty different subject but the same in one way.

Second hand goods or where someone has taken their own life.
    We were looking for a secondhand car at that time but one in good condition.

We were shown this car which was nearly new but a very reasonable price on it.
    We wondered why and asked.
    We were told that the previous owner had taken their own life in it.
    But it had been cleaned professionally and was like a new car to look at.
    Upholstery was sparkling and everything gleamed.

But when we sat inside to try it,there was no smell but the smell of the depression was strong.
    We refused it.
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:37 pm

Joanie this is a perfect example of what I meant when I said:
    I feel the things we digest internally has more power to influence our energy field than any external thing.

It's not so much the car or what happen to the owner in it. It's the feeling you get when you think of what happened. Even if you had never been told about the death and you got an ill feeling about it "yes, I feel these are the kind of things that will lower your energy vibrations."

Love to all....
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:57 pm

My sister an I went to an estate sale once and I found a deck of tarot cards. I'd never owned a deck and was very curious and drawn to this deck. They were in a nice wooden box and I thought them to be very attractive. Until my sister said who ever owned this house was defiantly into the dark arts, witchcraft, and voodoo. Then she began to point out things like voodoo dolls, black candles, books about Satanic worship and spell casting. All of a sudden I started sweating, my heart starting beating faster. She even went on to say I should never ever buy someone else's tarot cards. I began to feel fearful so I didn't purchase the cards. Later I realized it was not the cards that make me fearful it was the thought of how they were being used before my hands touched them. Nevertheless, I did not purchase the tarot deck.

Love to all...
    gilly
    gilly

Male

Post  gilly Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:03 pm

CW wrote:Joanie this is a perfect example of what I meant when I said:
    I feel the things we digest internally has more power to influence our energy field than any external thing.

It's not so much the car or what happen to the owner in it. It's the feeling you get when you think of what happened. Even if you had never been told about the death and you got an ill feeling about it "yes, I feel these are the kind of things that will lower your energy vibrations."

Love to all....

Hi CW

You are quite correct that our thoughts can get in the way in a negative sense.

But there is so much evidence that objects can retain a vibration or energy--I am not sure what it is! I have experienced this at a very low level and I know of others who can do the same and better than I.

Have you thought that if a person 'totally' rejects an idea then they also allow their minds to darken the truth.

PPLLnL

Peter
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:35 pm

CW wrote:My sister an I went to an estate sale once and I found a deck of tarot cards. I'd never owned a deck and was very curious and drawn to this deck. They were in a nice wooden box and I thought them to be very attractive. Until my sister said who ever owned this house was defiantly into the dark arts, witchcraft, and voodoo. Then she began to point out things like voodoo dolls, black candles, books about Satanic worship and spell casting. All of a sudden I started sweating, my heart starting beating faster. She even went on to say I should never ever buy someone else's tarot cards. I began to feel fearful so I didn't purchase the cards. Later I realized it was not the cards that make me fearful it was the thought of how they were being used before my hands touched them. Nevertheless, I did not purchase the tarot deck.

Love to all...

My husband was a good card reader but would not use Tarot cards.
    My son bought me a deck of tarot cards once and I was told on the quiet not to use them.
    Hubby only used playing cards.
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:13 pm

Hi CW

You are quite correct that our thoughts can get in the way in a negative sense.

But
    there is so much evidence that objects can retain a vibration or
    energy--I am not sure what it is! I have experienced this at a very low
    level and I know of others who can do the same and better than I.

Have you thought that if a person 'totally' rejects an idea then they also allow their minds to darken the truth.

PPLLnL

Peter
    Yes Peter I agree we should never totally reject the possibility of those who practice casting their energy upon objects even other people. In these cases I do believe we can feel the vibration but still I don't feel it will have any effect until we internalize it in some form or fashion. Ignoring our feelings, rejecting the object or experience doesn't necessarily mean we didn't digest the vibrations of that energy. Please tell me more about object that retain someones energy long after they are gone. I never knew things had the capacity to retain energy like the universe does.

Love to all...
    gilly
    gilly

Male

Post  gilly Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:26 pm

Hi CW

If you are asking me to provide proof--I am not able to! I will relate one personal experience and you must decide how valid it is. This is part of my own personal proof that spirit exists and that there are forces in and around us that can be 'plugged' into.

About 7 years ago I was attending an awareness class. We were asked to bring in objects that others might provide a reading from.

I chose at random a brooch!! I work with visualisation in these situations and this is what I gave - The brroch belongs to an elderly lady who lives in a bugalow. The bungalow backs on to green fields. I described the kitchen including a cactus in a green flower pot. I described the cactus in detail--its shape height and so on. The kitche window had a hole in it and was cracked from this hole to the frame in all directions. I said that the window had been shot at by an air rifle.

Sadly the lady who had brought the brooch was attending her first class and was so spooked by my answer that she never attended again. The brooch belonged to her Mother who had passed over some 3 months earlier. She had lived in a bungalow exactly as I described. She had a cactus in her kitchen in a green flower pot that was shaped exactly as I described.

The green fields were also correct as the bungalow adjoined a golf club. The hole in the window had been made by a golf ball--not as I had misread by an air rifle.

CW--I do not know how exactly I did what I did--I held the brooch and they were the visualisations I got! I know not if it was stored energy or something else. I do know something very 'powerful' occurred that evening.

I have also felt very guilty about frightening the lady!

PPLLnL

Peter
    CW
    CW

Female

Post  CW Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:09 pm

Amazing Peter, I have heard of people with this ability but never experienced it first hand. Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I don't need proof I just want to hear more about it. I've seen it on the television but never knew anyone to share and actual experience.

I don't doubt what spirit can do. It seem to me that it was your spiritual energy that was able to connect with this deceased life. Instead of the dead leaving its energy in the broach. We also must consider the energy of the daughter which was present, you and her energy could have made a connection. Which manifested her memories to you, her knowing that you could describe the memory of her mother could very well be the cause of the woman's fear. What do you think about this perspective?

Love to all....
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:34 am

Hello

Yes.....try something go an put on an Estate Wedding Ring....and see how that feels. GOOD retail shoppes will have a histoy for the ring.

I remember me mate found one that was exactly what I wanted in a shoppe Estate sale....and took me to look at it. I put it on and bend over and landed on the floor in a clump. I was fine once it was off and the jewler said that that the owner of it had been shot by her husband. Needless to say that was NOT the ring for me. I so would not want that energy on me but many that are not so sensitive to it would find it interesting.

I know too with me Grandmother's ring I struggle with wearing that one now. When I got it I would wear it on the little finger as it was that small....but I had it re sized and I struggle with wearing it now. Like I changed it.

With clothing I think a lot has to maybe do with the occation it was worn. I am not sure I would want a vintage evening gown or wedding one....

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:18 am

I have a jumper it was second hand, I wore it once a couple of years ago and had a really bad day, recently I re washed it though it was clean and tried to wear it again, again nothing went right all day until I took it off, some might say it's a mental association to the memory of the first wearing of it but I feel it's more as lovely as it is I think i'm going to have to part with it. I might try a thorough cleansing first though.

Post  Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:39 pm

Violet wrote:Do you believe these can carry the energies of the previous owner even when washed?

A couple of years back I was shown and had the opportunity to examine some jewellery that belonged to one of my grandparents - the one that I have no memories of (she died when I was very young). One particular ring had been cut (presumably after she'd died). The ring felt.... 'Magnetic', but not in a nice way. If any of you have received an electric shock, you'll know that deeply unpleasant feeling where the limb that's touching appears to magnetise, just before you're thrown off (or worse, clamp on).

It's one of the few things happened in my life that I cannot explain.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:57 pm

Hi Dilettante, I don't do psychometry for that reason I tend to only pick up the uneasy, unpleasant stuff from objects.

Second hand clothes never usually trouble me after a good wash normally though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:37 am