Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Violet
innerlight
6 posters

Healing Past Life Wounds

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

healing - Healing Past Life Wounds Empty Healing Past Life Wounds

Post  innerlight Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:16 pm

If one were to have been hurt in a past live and they continue to carry that wound into later lives is it possible to heal that wound? If so how would one go about healing that wound so it is permanently healed?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

healing - Healing Past Life Wounds Empty Re: Healing Past Life Wounds

Post  Violet Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi Innerlight, this is one of the issues I have with the past life stuff, why would we be given baggage and scars to carry around from a past life as most cannot recall any past life what would be the point?

If we do have past lives shouldn't they remain in the past with a new set of challenges in the next one?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:06 pm

Violet wrote:Hi Innerlight, this is one of the issues I have with the past life stuff, why would we be given baggage and scars to carry around from a past life as most cannot recall any past life what would be the point?

If we do have past lives shouldn't they remain in the past with a new set of challenges in the next one?

I would imagine the wounds have not healed properly and have continued to be a part of a person as they carried out their next life. Kind of the same vein that if we do not heal an issue from our childhood that effects us mentally that wound could continue to be a part of us all throughout our life.
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:10 pm

healing - Healing Past Life Wounds 348985 The answer to your Question is yes , past life regression can show you many things where your fear of a particular thing came from etc.you could be afraid of water as an example because you drowned in a past life,many ppl have found ut where their fears came from in this way,

Namaste
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:43 am

Or there may be something in the present life...that is a small cameo of a bigger happening in a past life. Like a tiny snapshot that might be easy to miss when remembering... but it did have an impact on the present life....like a clue, even though the past life is long forgotten. A past life traumatic drowning might be represented in a current life as a forgotten memory from childhood or babyhood, of a situation when water on the face frightened....leaving a water phobia.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:32 pm

Violet wrote:Hi Innerlight, this is one of the issues I have with the past life stuff, why would we be given baggage and scars to carry around from a past life as most cannot recall any past life what would be the point?

My thinking is the same as yours Violet. Once we have 'died' we are said to have eternity to resolve or amend the wounds we experienced in that life. Should reincarnation be accepted, there's no proof it is the 'us' who lives in the here and now that reincarnates.

I remain open minded but i'm more inclined to accept it's another facet of our individual soul that come down to gain a completely different experience of life, so our soul can gradually learn and progress through many experiences to become at one with 'God'. I guess it's how people view the soul.

I think of the soul as being liken to an orange. Each segment (personality) will have it's own unique experience whilst still belonging to the main part of the orange (soul).

Perhaps past life regression allow the opportunity for our subconscious minds to temporarily connect to a past personality which is a part of our true self. Maybe we then misinterpret the situation or, due to a lack understanding, we assume we were them in a past life.

What I do strongly disagree with, is when people presume everything that happens to them is either due to a past life or spirit because it's a popular belief, or in the now fad. More so, if they happen to ignore physical signs which could be life threatening. It may be a rare occurrence obviously, but it may be just as easily considered or accepted by some people.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:21 pm

What I do strongly disagree with, is when people presume everything that happens to them is either due to a past life or spirit

Hi Skye, I agree with you, this is avoiding responsibility, which is never good.

More so, if they happen to ignore physical signs which could be life threatening.
    Yes this is very worrying.

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:49 pm

skye wrote:
    What I do strongly disagree with, is when people presume everything that happens to them is either due to a past life or spirit because it's a popular belief, or in the now fad. More so, if they happen to ignore physical signs which could be life threatening. It may be a rare occurrence obviously, but it may be just as easily considered or accepted by some people.

What if a wound that happened in a body can only be healed in a body on earth?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:13 pm

I assume that any wounds from a past life would be healed in the next life.
    :hugz:
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:23 pm

Joanie wrote:I assume that any wounds from a past life would be healed in the next life.
    healing - Healing Past Life Wounds 21581

It's a hypothetical question as I do not know of any current wounds that may of happened in a past life. Nor do I know of a past life that would of cause a wound. I was told that my last past life, if it was true anyways, was a looooooooooong time ago.
    feather
    feather

Female

Post  feather Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:33 pm

I see another explanation....of how past lives could be thought of and healed.

Time is linear and going back in time to comfort or heal a past life of an earlier us that became stuck on the time line seems illogical and impossibly convoluted....and throws up lots of questions that cannot be answered. Puts it into the too hard basket and always will be questionable.

Our perspective of lives...dotted along the time line...doesn't allow the mind to understand how past or future lives can be tied together and interacted with.

There is another perspective...that of spirit where everything is united and time as a linear progression doesn't exist. Although all is a miriad of energy vibrations (lives/orange quarts strung in a linear representation)...it is also together all one energy vibration ( God/the orange).

So by healing a life ( I'm not talking about a physical healing, but a healing that empowers the soul...lifts the spirit out of its hopelessness that the conscious mind has created) in the present also heals lives in the past and future....that same energy is transformed and balanced wherever it exists in the totality of creation.

Picture an orchestra....different instruments playing notes of music that separately sound disconnected if you listen to each one separately.....but hearing the whole together, the tune emerges.

Now say one note in the score is misprinted and is wrong.... all instruments will play a wrong note.....and no one will know that unless they are in a position to hear the tune as a whole... because each note played and listened to separately will not sound wrong.

It will take the conductor or composer to discover the mistake and impliment the changing of the note that each instrument was playing to one that sounded better...and hey presto every score for every instrument will reflects the change to preserve the integrity of the whole sound. The healing of one in every place it appears.... heals the whole. A chain reaction of healing is created that started with only one.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:43 pm

feather wrote:I see another explanation....of how past lives could be thought of and healed.

Time is linear and going back in time to comfort or heal a past life of an earlier us that became stuck on the time line seems illogical and impossibly convoluted....and throws up lots of questions that cannot be answered. Puts it into the too hard basket and always will be questionable.

Our perspective of lives...dotted along the time line...doesn't allow the mind to understand how past or future lives can be tied together and interacted with.

There is another perspective...that of spirit where everything is united and time as a linear progression doesn't exist. Although all is a miriad of energy vibrations (lives/orange quarts strung in a linear representation)...it is also together all one energy vibration ( God/the orange).

So by healing a life ( I'm not talking about a physical healing, but a healing that empowers the soul...lifts the spirit out of its hopelessness that the conscious mind has created) in the present also heals lives in the past and future....that same energy is transformed and balanced wherever it exists in the totality of creation.

Picture an orchestra....different instruments playing notes of music that separately sound disconnected if you listen to each one separately.....but hearing the whole together, the tune emerges.

Now say one note in the score is misprinted and is wrong.... all instruments will play a wrong note.....and no one will know that unless they are in a position to hear the tune as a whole... because each note played and listened to separately will not sound wrong.

It will take the conductor or composer to discover the mistake and impliment the changing of the note that each instrument was playing to one that sounded better...and hey presto every score for every instrument will reflects the change to preserve the integrity of the whole sound. The healing of one in every place it appears.... heals the whole. A chain reaction of healing is created that started with only one.

This is where it gets interesting... This is only hypothetical to the belief that past lives are true.... So if time is only linear to how we perceive it to be then it's possible that a past life is happening at this very moment. Which means future lives are also happening.

With that said then if one life were to suffer a "wound" of some sorts. With time not being linear would it not be possible then that a wound in the past could also manifest in the present as the past is technically happening concurrently with the present? So a wound that happens then could be felt now as if it happened now. Would then you need to heal the wound in each subsequent lives because of that one wound, or would healing it back then ripple through your current lives?

Food for thought, really.
    feather
    feather

Female

Post  feather Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:07 am

innerlight wrote:

This is where it gets interesting... This is only hypothetical to the belief that past lives are true.... So if time is only linear to how we perceive it to be then it's possible that a past life is happening at this very moment. Which means future lives are also happening.

With that said then if one life were to suffer a "wound" of some sorts. With time not being linear would it not be possible then that a wound in the past could also manifest in the present as the past is technically happening concurrently with the present? So a wound that happens then could be felt now as if it happened now. Would then you need to heal the wound in each subsequent lives because of that one wound, or would healing it back then ripple through your current lives?

Food for thought, really.

.... I feel that in every life there is a cameo or a thumbnail of the primary energy imbalance. I'm talking trauma resulting from disempowerment leaving emotional scarring and feelings of fear, anger and hate....born from a mistaken belief, lack of respect or misunderstanding of oneself.

All dis-ease, ill-ness, starts off in the emotional and mental arena. A mistake plays over and over again in time until it is corrected.

I don't know if I've said that right...but it is a clue for which the primary imbalance, wherever in time.... does not need to be consciously known about... because all energy of that frequency will have the same signature beginnings. Balancing a present energy will lead to balancing all energies of that frequency, no matter where they are in time, space or spirit.

On the timeline...the future is being written by the present. Past history cannot be rewritten, but maybe the past healing, takes place in the realm of spirit....the restless and hopeless spirits of past traumas...are shown balance and peace....through the eyes of a person in the present....and so allow the future to be more balanced. I feel that the healing is not instigated by or come from an individual but it is inspired by the greater Power....which provides the way for an individual to contribute by seeing and understanding.

Arriving in a place where one can love and forgive oneself and others, warts and all ...truly is the utimate place of healing....and it truly has a knock on effect.

Like a hologram of energy, each tiny piece has the essence of the whole....change one piece and everything changes.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:28 am

feather wrote:
    .... I feel that in every life there is a cameo or a thumbnail of the primary energy imbalance. I'm talking trauma resulting from disempowerment leaving emotional scarring and feelings of fear, anger and hate....born from a mistaken belief, lack of respect or misunderstanding of oneself.

All dis-ease, ill-ness, starts off in the emotional and mental arena. A mistake plays over and over again in time until it is corrected.

I don't know if I've said that right...but it is a clue for which the primary imbalance, wherever in time.... does not need to be consciously known about... because all energy of that frequency will have the same signature beginnings. Balancing a present energy will lead to balancing all energies of that frequency, no matter where they are in time, space or spirit.

On the timeline...the future is being written by the present. Past history cannot be rewritten, but maybe the past healing, takes place in the realm of spirit....the restless and hopeless spirits of past traumas...are shown balance and peace....through the eyes of a person in the present....and so allow the future to be more balanced. I feel that the healing is not instigated by or come from an individual but it is inspired by the greater Power....which provides the way for an individual to contribute by seeing and understanding.

Arriving in a place where one can love and forgive oneself and others, warts and all ...truly is the utimate place of healing....and it truly has a knock on effect.

Like a hologram of energy, each tiny piece has the essence of the whole....change one piece and everything changes.

What we know of time tells us that the past can not be changed, or rewritten. That is what we know to be true.. However, if we also know that time is only linear to us in the physical and outside of that time is not linear, meaning it is currently happening now, then it could be possible, theoretically, that one could change the past. As the past is still happening.

Yes, the future is happening as we create it now. Just like this present was shaped by the past.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:02 am

innerlight wrote:
    skye wrote:

What if a wound that happened in a body can only be healed in a body on earth?

I suppose anything is possible. although this type of scenario doesn't feel right with me, but that could be because I don't consider past lives.

Everything that happens to us is due to cause and effect. Whether there is reincarnation or not, we all enter this world with a new body. Therefore we would have a different personality, leading to a different character being formed and a completely different life will be experienced. Each experience we have is said to be for the benefit of our soul. Perhaps the experiences we have allow for an opportunity for our soul to come into it's own. As if the wound is acting like a catalyst so we become aware of our spiritual nature. It's in difficult times that our inner strength and spirituality has the opportunity to further develop.

By holding on to grievances towards a person who has caused us pain and suffering, we suffer mentally, because we refuse to let go. Spirit tell us when we reach the spirit world, we see past events and experiences from a spiritual perspective. Who ever we hurt, or who may have hurt us in the physical world, the time will come when we feel compassion and understanding for their suffering and/or our own. Maybe at this time we willingly want to heal them, or ourselves, by wanting forgiveness to be shown so each one soul can move slightly ahead.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:40 am

I suppose anything is possible. although this type of scenario doesn't feel right with me, but that could be because I don't consider past lives.

Everything that happens to us is due to cause and effect. Whether there is reincarnation or not, we all enter this world with a new body. Therefore we would have a different personality, leading to a different character being formed and a completely different life will be experienced. Each experience we have is said to be for the benefit of our soul. Perhaps the experiences we have allow for an opportunity for our soul to come into it's own. As if the wound is acting like a catalyst so we become aware of our spiritual nature. It's in difficult times that our inner strength and spirituality has the opportunity to further develop.

I think I agree with Skye.

Re the part I highlighted, wounds whether they be physical or emotional are often what brings people to sites like these looking for answers.

It greatly worries me when people believe bad things happen to them because of something they did in a past life, it also doesn't sit well that we'd bring old wounds from other lives into this one, to me that smacks of punishment.

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:22 am

Violet wrote:

I think I agree with Skye.

Re the part I highlighted, wounds whether they be physical or emotional are often what brings people to sites like these looking for answers.

It greatly worries me when people believe bad things happen to them because of something they did in a past life, it also doesn't sit well that we'd bring old wounds from other lives into this one, to me that smacks of punishment.

I wouldn't say it was punishment... If you wound yourself in this life doe it go away on it's own. Not talking about natural healing. The wound doesn't heal itself until we heal it some how. Be it letting go, or moving on. Whatever it takes. If the wound hits us deeper, say on a soul level, would it not be possible that the wound is still there upon passing and then coming back into another body? Perhaps we heal it in the realms before this one that is between lives. Possible.
    feather
    feather

Female

Post  feather Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:31 am

Maybe the miracles that are experienced after praying...just out of the blue...are actually part of the balancing of a particular vibration of the entire spectrum of life. Someone somewhere was inspired to 'see the light' and heal.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:53 pm

It's going to sound like i'm deliberately being antagonistic, but i'm nothealing - Healing Past Life Wounds 451437

If the wound hits us deeper, say on a soul level, would it not be possible that the wound is still there upon passing
    imo no, we may arrive there when we pass with lots of memories of these wounds and how they made us feel, and even what they taught us, but not with the wounds themselves. I don't believe we bring baggage when we arrive on the earthplane or that we take any when we leave it

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:42 am