Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Jealousy

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Jealousy Empty Jealousy

Post  Violet Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:17 am

This is such a destructive emotion, or it can be, but can it ever be a good thing, doesn't a little jealousy of a successful colleague /schoolmate etc drive us a little further or make us try harder, what are your thoughts?

And how do you deal with jealousy, in others and even in yourself?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Jealousy Empty Re: Jealousy

Post  innerlight Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:50 am

Violet wrote:This is such a destructive emotion, or it can be, but can it ever be a good thing, doesn't a little jealousy of a successful colleague /schoolmate etc drive us a little further or make us try harder, what are your thoughts?

And how do you deal with jealousy, in others and even in yourself?

Jealousy is a tricky emotion. As we see jealousy as being bad. And in some cases it can be as jealousy can quickly turn to anger, or even cause us to do things we may regret later.

Sometimes jealousy shows us that we care about things. Such as being jealous that a mate went to lunch with a friend of the same sex. As long as we do not hold onto jealous and then turn it into an obsession we can allow such an emotion to be harmless.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:09 am

I don't think I have felt strong jealosy of anyone,not in love or money.
    I feel pleased for those who win the lottery,maybe they haven't anything else in their lives to feel grateful for.
    I am pleased when I hear or see a young couple or even an older couple fall in love,for their happiness.
    My word would be envy,sometimes I long to have the feelings they must have,to have someone there by their side.
    Money doesn't bother me though I have had my share of not having any funds in the past.
    As my mother used to say 'These things are sent to try us'.
    :urwelcome:
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:00 am

Jealousy 821538 Jealousy is a very destructive word, people use it without realising what it means..i wouls say envy myself,i look at my siblings lifes and i get envious at how they sail through life nothing toutches them then i look at my own life and i see the kind of life i had and still have,i always say i wouldnt wish my life onto anyone.not many could go through what i have and come out the other end,and yet i still help everyone else,some people go through Hell and others sail through life im not one of those.

Namaste
    CW
    CW

Female
    Number of posts : 734
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

Post  CW Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:34 pm

Violet, jealousy is such a negatively charged emotion wherein the only good that can come from it is; Re-evaluating self on a deeper level.

• I must pin point the internal part of myself that is causing me to feel this emotion
    • Try my best not to extend jealousy to others or expect others to release me of the feeling
    • Don't blame other people, places or things because I'm feeling jealous.
    • I only have self to blame for this emotion. Jealousy 45824
    Love to all...
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:59 pm

Some interesting thoughts and good points here, do you think that jealousy also creates guilt?

It's not just humans who feel jealousy either is it, animals seem to feel it too, particularly dogs.

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:17 am

Violet wrote:Some interesting thoughts and good points here, do you think that jealousy also creates guilt?

It's not just humans who feel jealousy either is it, animals seem to feel it too, particularly dogs.

Jealousy does not create guilt. People create guilt when they tell themselves that it is wrong. So they feel guilty for doing it. Or if they act out on that jealousy and steal, for instances, they may feel guilty about their actions later.
    CW
    CW

Female
    Number of posts : 734
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

Post  CW Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:48 pm

Some interesting thoughts and good points here, do you think that jealousy also creates guilt?
    Violet I agree with innerlight on this one we create the guilt, especially when we realize how unnecessary it was to feel jealous.

I agree with you here Violet, now that you mention it V. maybe jealousy can be positive in some ways. I was thinking of it only as it relates to humans. But now that you mention animals jealousy acts like a defender, protector and this can be a positive. This intense emotion will intensify ones strength and courage. Thank you for helping me view it from a positive perspective.

Love to all....
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:00 pm

Hi CW, perhaps amongst wild animals it's a very necessary thing for survival, maybe amongst very early man it was too, but it's seen as a very negative emotion in the modern world.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content