Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Violet
SpiritVoices
Drisk
millergrls
shortangel
ameliorate
10 posters

Hearing & Reading Same Unusual Word simultaneously

ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Hearing & Reading Same Unusual Word simultaneously Empty Hearing & Reading Same Unusual Word simultaneously

Post  ameliorate Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:20 am

I would be interested if anyone else has had this experience and/or can shed some light into this phenomenon.

There have been numerous occasions when I'd be reading something, with the radio or TV on, and find that at the precise second that I read an unusual word, I would also HEAR it too (on the radio or TV). When it occurred it always felt vastly against the odds of probabilities and always stopped me in my tracks .... having a kind of other worldiness/mysterious aspect to it. I would love to say that the word resonated with me/meant something but alas no... (and I regard myself as very aware/perceptive). I would say it was synchronicity if it was a meaningful coincidence (since this is Jung's definition of synchronicity) but it doesn't easily fit into coincidence either since the odds against the situation occurring seem fairly vast. :huh:

It really taxed me to try and understand what was going on here. Since it kept occurring, it made me feel there was something I wasn't "getting" (since recurring dreams seem to repeat until we "get" the message). In the absence of an explanation I now just put it down to the divine showing me how magical/surprising life can be.
    shortangel

Female
    Number of posts : 97
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2012-11-14

Hearing & Reading Same Unusual Word simultaneously Empty Re: Hearing & Reading Same Unusual Word simultaneously

Post  shortangel Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:02 pm

That sounds a bit like an experience we had whilst on a ghost hunt, my son was having a go at automatic writing on a whiteboard and a Franks box (ghost box) yards away was giving the same names as he was writing.

June
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female
    Number of posts : 1385
    Job/hobbies : Dispatcher
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

Hearing & Reading Same Unusual Word simultaneously Empty Re: Hearing & Reading Same Unusual Word simultaneously

Post  millergrls Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:35 pm

This all sounds so interesting.Hearing & Reading Same Unusual Word simultaneously 348985
    Drisk
    Just joined

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2013-03-11

Post  Drisk Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:39 pm

Wow! I have had the same Experience as ameliorate for years. The words I read are uncommon yet spoken simultaneously on the tv in the background. It just happened a minute ago as I was reading the name Zack while the tv announcer used the name at the exact second. This happens frequently, sometimes several times an hour. I once started to keep a list of the words to see if they could be connected, but I saw no relationships. I would love to get more info about this strange phenomenon. It is creepy and amusing at the same time. I hope ameliorate still sees this response somehow. Anyone else?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:07 pm

I've never heard of this before but would put it down to Synchronicity.
    Two happenings together which could only be a coincidence but coincidences do not happen time and time again.

To have it happen to so many people even at different times sounds unusual.

Have you tried looking at the internet to see it is recorded on there?

Joanie
    Drisk
    Just joined

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2013-03-11

Hearing & Reading Same Unusual Word simultaneously Empty Reading and hearing words read simultaneously

Post  Drisk Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:56 pm

I've searched in synchrocity sites but have found nothing specific to this phenoenon.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:29 am

Well it's more like a very odd coincidence. Synchronicity is a meaningful coincidence. These experiences are arresting, feel magical but hold no meaning, e.g. the specific words hold no resonance for me.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:22 am

Yes i've had that happen too, it's a good idea to list the words, this is similar to hearing a song in your mind then it's the very next song played on tv or radio, weird stuff, but is it psychic stuff or not do you think?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:51 am

Drisk wrote:I've searched in synchrocity sites but have found nothing specific to this phenoenon.

Good,thanks Drisk. Just an idea... :blush:

Joanie
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:41 am

Violet wrote:Yes i've had that happen too, it's a good idea to list the words, this is similar to hearing a song in your mind then it's the very next song played on tv or radio, weird stuff, but is it psychic stuff or not do you think?
    I don't think it's psychic since I am just going about my daily business when it occurs, i.e. not trying to "tune in". It does involve awareness though. It's because the word is always unusual that it seems so unlikely, i.e. outside normal probabilities.
    mallorymel
    mallorymel
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 1
    Job/hobbies : International Farmer
    Registration date : 2014-04-18

Hearing & Reading Same Unusual Word simultaneously Empty SYNCHRONICITY Typing an essay and the word I type Is simultaneously said aloud on the radio.

Post  mallorymel Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:40 pm

I write everyday and listen to (PBS) talk radio on all day. As I type a specific word, I will notice that the same word is said (Over the radio)as I type the word. Unique, specific, (nouns, verbs and adjectives) words that have no relation to the topic of which I write.This synchronicity occurs several times each morning as I write when I first get out of bed.The spiritual interaction I have with the other side seems to be telling me or leading me as a type of "You're on the right track" as I document and publish a support blog about the horrors of child abuse, sexual abuse, psychological maltreatment and neglect of adopted children.    
    fishercutbait
    Just joined

Registration date : 2017-02-28

Hearing & Reading Same Unusual Word simultaneously Empty Statistical Significance of seeing words and hearing them from "unrelated" sources.

Post  fishercutbait Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:45 am

At what point is a "phenomenon" a coincidence versus a mathematically significant occurrence or proof of a supernatural episode

My thoughts on what is happening to me are mercurial, fluid and waver between thinking I may be insane  or delusional and or I am dead, approaching closer to death or being signaled by a higher power.

This has been happening more since I got rid of the notion that the 11 11 that I been seeing far too often for my liking over last 20 years.....

Anyone who can give me any insight other than some emotional answer would be fantastic, as I write this I have heard two words over the radio at virtually the exact moment I have written them....I believe my subconscious mind is playing a trick on me because I cannot explain what I think is going on.....It feels like a time warp is all I can say or some dimensional quantum convergence.....

thank you all for being here.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:31 am

fishercutbait wrote:At what point is a "phenomenon" a coincidence versus a mathematically significant occurrence or proof of a supernatural episode

My thoughts on what is happening to me are mercurial, fluid and waver between thinking I may be insane  or delusional and or I am dead, approaching closer to death or being signaled by a higher power.

This has been happening more since I got rid of the notion that the 11 11 that I been seeing far too often for my liking over last 20 years.....

Anyone who can give me any insight other than some emotional answer would be fantastic, as I write this I have heard two words over the radio at virtually the exact moment I have written them....I believe my subconscious mind is playing a trick on me because I cannot explain what I think is going on.....It feels like a time warp is all I can say or some dimensional quantum convergence.....

thank you all for being here.
    Well, first :welcome: :si:

I would not put down your condition primarily to the topic of this thread as it seems other factors are involved here.  You seem to be somewhat prone to anxiety and fear.  Certainly my experience does not have a sinister quality.

You say you have just heard the same 2 words on the radio as you typed....my point is that they are UNUSUAL words - are yours?  Law of probability = words like 'and' 'the' etc would not count as outstanding/unusual.

littlebee

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2017-03-02

Post  littlebee Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:24 am

ameliorate wrote:I would be interested if anyone else has had this experience and/or can shed some light into this phenomenon.

There have been numerous occasions when I'd be reading something, with the radio or TV on, and find that at the precise second that I read an unusual word, I would also HEAR it too (on the radio or TV).  When it occurred it always felt vastly against the odds of probabilities and always stopped me in my tracks .... having a kind of other worldiness/mysterious aspect to it.   I would love to say that the word resonated with me/meant something but alas no... (and I regard myself as very aware/perceptive).  I would say it was synchronicity if it was a meaningful coincidence (since this is Jung's definition of synchronicity) but it doesn't easily fit into coincidence either since the odds against the situation occurring seem fairly vast.  :huh:

It really taxed me to try and understand what was going on here. Since  it kept occurring, it made me feel there was something I wasn't "getting" (since recurring dreams seem to repeat until we "get" the message).  In the absence of an explanation I now just put it down to the divine showing me how magical/surprising life can be.      
    Were you able to figure out if the words had meaning?
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:43 am

littlebee wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:I would be interested if anyone else has had this experience and/or can shed some light into this phenomenon.

There have been numerous occasions when I'd be reading something, with the radio or TV on, and find that at the precise second that I read an unusual word, I would also HEAR it too (on the radio or TV).  When it occurred it always felt vastly against the odds of probabilities and always stopped me in my tracks .... having a kind of other worldiness/mysterious aspect to it.   I would love to say that the word resonated with me/meant something but alas no... (and I regard myself as very aware/perceptive).  I would say it was synchronicity if it was a meaningful coincidence (since this is Jung's definition of synchronicity) but it doesn't easily fit into coincidence either since the odds against the situation occurring seem fairly vast.  :huh:

It really taxed me to try and understand what was going on here. Since  it kept occurring, it made me feel there was something I wasn't "getting" (since recurring dreams seem to repeat until we "get" the message).  In the absence of an explanation I now just put it down to the divine showing me how magical/surprising life can be.      
    As I said here, in my quote of the 2nd paragraph, no - they had no direct meaning to me. I consider myself to have heightened awareness, i.e. I would have quickly picked up any resonance!

I reached a conclusion in the 3rd/final paragraph and was hoping to get feedback from others that might help me further understand this phenomenon.....still waiting on that! :candle:
    littlebee

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2017-03-02

Post  littlebee Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:23 am

ameliorate wrote:
    littlebee wrote:

As I said here, in my quote of the 2nd paragraph, no - they had no direct meaning to me. I consider myself to have heightened awareness, i.e. I would have quickly picked up any resonance!

I reached a conclusion in the 3rd/final paragraph and was hoping to get feedback from others that might help me further understand this phenomenon.....still waiting on that! :candle:
    I see, as this post was from last year i was wondering if you were able to progress in your understanding of the "phenomena" but as you say, you are still waiting.

When i personally have experiences like that, and they are rare, and yes the words are not common place, i tend to write them down and its out of mind from then on. Like you i dont feel they have special meaning until further down the track when i will meet someone or see something which will immediately bring me back to that word. And then it will get even more crazier if i don't follow up, i will start seeing and hearing at the same time! or singular that word everywhere.I can get quite stubborn when spirit are trying to get my attention.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:08 pm

It happened again!  

Today I was looking at a TV film guide and read the film title "That's Entertainment" the same split second as hearing Jam sing the chorus of their song "That's Entertainment!"  Hearing & Reading Same Unusual Word simultaneously Default_ohmy

(Usually it occurs with just one unusual word).
    damondiego
    Just joined

Registration date : 2017-11-22

Hearing & Reading Same Unusual Word simultaneously Empty Same situation is happening to me.

Post  damondiego Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:10 am

I have had this happen to me the past couple of years but with more frequency in the last 6 months. Not understanding what this was, I started to write the words down looking for meaning. Nothing has come from it so far. I just found this forum recently and was looking for answers as well. Hoping others will discover the reason for this. 30 words so far have been written down and continue to grow. What the hell is going on? Good luck.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:44 am

damondiego wrote:I have had this happen to me the past couple of years but with more frequency in the last 6 months. Not understanding what this was, I started to write the words down looking for meaning. Nothing has come from it so far. I just found this forum recently and was looking for answers as well. Hoping others will discover the reason for this. 30 words so far have been written down and continue to grow. What the hell is going on? Good luck.
    :welcome: :si:

Nice to know this phenomenon occurs to others too!  I am still baffled by it.  If the synch were common words (reading and hearing them simultaneously) then it would just be a coincidence.  The fact that this happens with UNUSUAL words and, sometimes, 2 words together makes it much less likely to be able to dismiss it as just a coincidence, i.e. laws of probability.

You say it has occurred more often in the last 6 months.  This made me think of synchronicity in as much as these are said to occur more often when we are in life's flow and becoming more spiritually aware.  Would this be true of yourself?

As mentioned, I have stopped trying to make sense of it and just put it down to the divine showing me how magical life can be!  :rainbow:

I hope you enjoy this forum and interact with the wealth of topics available here. 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:11 am