Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Native spirit
kardecian
SpiritVoices
7 posters

The Downfall of a Medium?

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

medium - The Downfall of a Medium? Empty The Downfall of a Medium?

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Another interesting video on the tape was about Derek Acorah.

Small section of the video of Derek Acorah giving a message using a garbled word which could not be understood.

Two messages were actually given. There were two words he spoke.

One word was a twisted word which could be interpreted as 'Derek Faker'.
    The other was interpreted as 'Derek lies'.

It is seen on the video as his manager (I think) whispers in Derek's ear,no doubt warning him what has been actually said.

What is your impression of Derek Acorah as a medium?
    kardecian
    kardecian

Male
    Number of posts : 249
    Job/hobbies : Funeral Service
    Registration date : 2013-06-20

medium - The Downfall of a Medium? Empty Re: The Downfall of a Medium?

Post  kardecian Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:30 am

I can't say what I think of him, as I haven't heard of him before.  I'll have to look him up online.
    kardecian
    kardecian

Male

Post  kardecian Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:38 am

I looked him up.  I do know who he is.  I've seen his program on cable TV before... him and Yvette Fielding. I always liked watching them on the television, but their program hasn't been on here in quite some time.
    I don't know if they are fakes or not.  I think it's easy to point fingers and say someone is a fake... it's harder to defend oneself.  I don't know what to think.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:11 am

My feelings are mixed.  I have always regarded him as an excellent medium.  That is my opinion from the past history of his record and many more people seem to agree with me.

Still.time will tell....

Joan x
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:11 am

:scratch: I Cant say ive seen him i have a couple of friends have and they rated him highly.but its like everything else in this world, JEALOUSY if one person can do something that you cant do.you say things about them try to discredit them. its the way of the world sad isnt it.

Namaste
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

Post  Assumpta Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:03 pm

Well Joan, I think Derek is a wonderful medium.  I will admit to never have seeing him live or had a reading from him but I know plenty of people who have had both and even met him and say he is a really great medium and nice guy.

:astar:
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:41 pm

Assumpta wrote:Well Joan, I think Derek is a wonderful medium.  I will admit to never have seeing him live or had a reading from him but I know plenty of people who have had both and even met him and say he is a really great medium and nice guy.

:astar:
    June is a great admirer of him as well.    I wouldn't mind a reading from him myself.  But never had a chance to go and see him.....:hugz:
    kardecian
    kardecian

Male

Post  kardecian Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:18 pm

I read a book on the FOX SISTERS entitled SPEAKING TO THE DEAD.  A wonderful book that is factual, and that reads like a novel.  They were crying "Fraud!" and "Tricksters!" from the beginning of the Spiritualist movement. They put the poor Fox Sisters (and many, many other mediums) through test after test after test, trying to prove them frauds.  The point is, anyone can cry "Fraud!" and "Trickster!"  How does one fight such allegations?  Another point is this: many legitimate medium has resorted to fraud and trickery at some point. It doesn't mean they are not authentic.  It simply means that they fell prey to temptation, just as all humans do at one point or another (some more than others).
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:48 pm

Derek had a good name until he appeared on Yvette's show.  
    The problem with Yvette was she was very excitable with her voice effects,screaming and shouting at every sound that was heard.
    That seemed to put the audience off and also television viewers.
    if the show had stayed a little more serious and respect shown for the subject of the show which was paranormal,mediums would have flocked from over to be the guest medium....I believe it made a mockery of the spirit world.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:32 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:Another interesting video on the tape was about Derek Acorah.

Small section of the video of Derek Acorah giving a message using a garbled word which could not be understood.

Two messages were actually given. There were two words he spoke.

One word was a twisted word which could be interpreted as 'Derek Faker'.
    The other was interpreted as 'Derek lies'.

It is seen on the video as his manager (I think) whispers in Derek's ear,no doubt warning him what has been actually said.

What is your impression of Derek Acorah as a medium?
    I saw the video Lakshmi posted.. With Derek saying Kreed Kafir, which is claimed to be Derek Faker... If we look at this, that he brought an entity forward that said he was faking.. Well, then, he's not actually faking. He has the ability as a medium to communicate with spirit, as would be verified.. So that is not him faking his ability.. Now, if he is abusing his ability to take from the less fortunate, then you have another issue...

Unless he was never using the actual ability, and was always claiming to, and that was an spirit coming forward through him, much in the same way as Oda Mae brown in Ghost. Not using his ability, or unaware of an actual ability, and was scamming others.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:01 am

One bad show and a medium's reputation is in shreds....such a shame...
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:12 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:One bad show and a medium's reputation is in shreds....such a shame...

These mediums need to check their ego and their pride. They need to stop going on these TV shows, and doing these interviews, or answering challenges by critics. They have to understand that people are going to attack them, continuously, until they fall. That is what they want. Them to fail. They could care less about the people they have helped, and all those that they have succeeded with. They want them to fail that one time.. So they can smear them, and smear the name medium. Some people want the world to continue to live in the dark and in knowing of spirit, it prevents that. These mediums have to continue doing their work of service to others that are in need, and not worry about TV exposure, or fame. Going that route, the chances of failing are extremely high.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:58 pm

The only medium I saw that did not push himself into the limelight was Colin Fry.

A very unassuming man who quietly walked onto the stage and proceeded to introduce himself.    
    Must admit I didn't receive any messages and that is the way I judge a medium.
    The proof I am given for myself.   Seemed to be a pretty good medium judging by other's responses.....
    kardecian
    kardecian

Male

Post  kardecian Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:21 pm

You are absolutely correct, innerlight.
    innerlight wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:One bad show and a medium's reputation is in shreds....such a shame...
    These mediums need to check their ego and their pride. They need to stop going on these TV shows, and doing these interviews, or answering challenges by critics. They have to understand that people are going to attack them, continuously, until they fall. That is what they want. Them to fail. They could care less about the people they have helped, and all those that they have succeeded with. They want them to fail that one time.. So they can smear them, and smear the name medium. Some people want the world to continue to live in the dark and in knowing of spirit, it prevents that. These mediums have to continue doing their work of service to others that are in need, and not worry about TV exposure, or fame. Going that route, the chances of failing are extremely high.
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 585
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  RavenMoon Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:50 am

SpiritVoices wrote:Derek had a good name until he appeared on Yvette's show.  
    The problem with Yvette was she was very excitable with her voice effects,screaming and shouting at every sound that was heard.
    if the show had stayed a little more serious and respect shown for the subject of the show which was paranormal,mediums would have flocked from over to be the guest medium....I believe it made a mockery of the spirit world.
    Totally agree with this.... Seemed like a good medium till this ridiculous show was screened.. it was his downfall. I am not a fan of Colin fry also..
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:49 am

:astar: Derek was in a miners institute in a village 2 miles away in june i didnt wasnt to go but i know a good friend went,she was so so about him it wasnt as full as hed hoped it would be, but the messages he gave half were excepted half were not, the ticket price was £25 squid, i have seen colin fry he couldnt keep eye contact with me everythine he came to where i was he was on edge,i didnt think much of him,

Namaste
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 585
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  RavenMoon Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:40 pm

Native spirit wrote::astar: Derek was in a miners institute in a village 2 miles away in june i didnt wasnt to go but i know a good friend went,she was so so about him it wasnt as full as hed hoped it would be, but the messages he gave half were excepted half were not, the ticket price was £25 squid, i have seen colin fry he couldnt keep eye contact with me everythine he came to where i was he was on edge,i didnt think much of him,

Namaste
    Squid???..  I thought i was the only one that ever used that expression pmsl...:peace:   Kudos my friend.
    now what were we talking about....
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:25 pm

RavenMoon wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:Derek had a good name until he appeared on Yvette's show.  
    Totally agree with this.... Seemed like a good medium till this ridiculous show was screened.. it was his downfall. I am not a fan of Colin fry also..
    Why Colin Fry?    Any reason,RavenMoon?  

I haven't seen many famous mediums to be able to select what or who pleased me the most.    The only medium I had time for was a local boy named Phillip Kinsella.    He gave and brought through evidence that i cannot disprove.
    From a husband who had been in spirit only a week.    I just wish this medium would get his bum off his chair and join the famous few.
    :wink:
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

Post  Assumpta Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:22 pm

When one talks of Derek and the show MH, I think it's reasonable to assume that most people who tuned into the show (and I was one of them) did so to see a good  medium at work.  Unfortunately Yvette isn't the sort of person to let someone else have the limelight and so hence all the stupid stuff that she came out with.  I think this was one of the reasons Derek left.

:bfs:
    Lakshmi
    Lakshmi

Female
    Number of posts : 123
    Job/hobbies : Magick, Paranormal, Astrology and Occult
    Registration date : 2013-08-12

Post  Lakshmi Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:55 pm

Most of the best mediums that are out there are UNKNOWN to all and sundry, and as for Derek Acorah, I like him only for entertainment purposes. What 'outed' him to me was an episode of Most Haunted in Holland where he did not go into his usual spiritual act and start saying words of Dutch, etc. Most Haunted was his downfall but I feel that all the mediums there are no good compared to the genuine ones that I have seen before. Sorry folks, but that is my views on the matter.
    Another thing which I will have to point out is this about Acorah is that he may seem sincere and a nice man, but that seance involving Michael Jackson was not believable. I have seen Michael Jackson in the 'astral', and no way does he speak in that 'baby voice', and another thing, I do not believe the propoganda regd Michael Jackson either. That man paid off someone to cover up something and remember he went behind a friend's back to buy a massive collection of song rights for $40 odd million. Jackson had a harsh type of voice when I saw him in the Astral and also he was very, very clever.
     In fact with the right medidations and awakening one's chakras ANYONE can be a medium to a certain degree.

Here is the real story of why Derek Acorah left the show, but I do feel that jealousy was a factor because Acorah had some entertainment in him, my other half who is Skeptic calls it his acting show LOL.  I remember watching the man who set him up having a completely deadpan face without a glimmer of a smile, but that Kreed Kafir episode was hilarious, and South Africa was not even in existance during the 1700's LOL.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/most-haunted-exposed-fake-star-833433

Post  Guest Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:24 pm

In my opinion.. those blessed with the above qualities known as a Mediums are not going to be of the the "showman" type personality or those with a busy "tongue".

They will be of little or no ego..........meek.........

any others are in my opinion....fake
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:58 pm

That's interesting.     I never judge until I have seen a well known medium in action.    The only one so far has been Colin Fry and he was pretty good.    No showman ship just introduced himself and away he went....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:23 am