Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

The "Holy" Sea

norseman
    norseman

Male
    Number of posts : 318
    Job/hobbies : Striding the hedge
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

The "Holy" Sea Empty The "Holy" Sea

Post  norseman Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:47 pm

The "Holy" Sea P8220008_zpsd952715d

Another photo of the North Sea.

So, what so special about this one ?
    I think that it is an example of the “holy” nature of the North Sea. Holy in respect of ancestral significance because it is where my remote ancestors originated.
    The North Sea is a relatively young sea, it originated around 6000 BC at the end of the last Ice Age when sea levels rose dramatically all over the world. Before then, Britain was not an island and the basin was a cold, dry tundra, home to herds of herbivores and their predators, including Hunter-Gatherer tribes of Man [my ancestors]. These tribes had a developed spirituality with shaman – we know this to be true because the Dutch have been trawling the bed of the sea and bringing up many carved articles and weapons, including votive objects of carved animals used in hunting. Around 6000 BC, the massive ice sheet began to melt and the sea began to rise. This was accelerated in two major incidents which made the inundation of the basin very rapid in geological terms. Firstly, there was a massive land slip off the coast of Norway which sent a tsunami down the tundra partly flooding it. The second event involved the collapse of an ice dam in what is now Canada. This dam was holding back uncountable trillions of litres of melt water which rushed into the North Atlantic and from there into the North Sea, completing the flooding making Britain an island.
    The Hunter-Gatherers and the herds were sent rushing to safety, both east and west. Those who came west found a dark, damp gloomy land with an endless forest, a “folded” land with many cliffs and valleys – very different from the flat tundra they were used to. The tribes also found there earliest deities in the forest – the Green Man, the Antlered Man, and the Green Spirits of Nature – the human shaman learned much wisdom in the forests which survives even today. They survived and were forced into farming by the nature of their new land. Two/three millennia later, they were building henges and stone circles, and had founded a successful Neolithic culture.

So, now I wander the beach, looking for relics from that time, hoping to find a carved stone hand-axe made by my ancestors or some similar relic to strengthen my connection. Holy is not too strong a word to use !
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

The "Holy" Sea Empty Re: The "Holy" Sea

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:54 pm

Around 6000 BC, the massive ice sheet began to melt and the sea began to rise. This was accelerated in two major incidents which made the inundation of the basin very rapid in geological terms. Firstly, there was a massive land slip off the coast of Norway which sent a tsunami down the tundra partly flooding it. The second event involved the collapse of an ice dam in what is now Canada. This dam was holding back uncountable trillions of litres of melt water which rushed into the North Atlantic and from there into the North Sea, completing the flooding making Britain an island. 

So are you saying that Canada was part of the UK at one time?        Are you reading this,Mr.Whitmore?......
    Didn't realise the split from the uk was so far out.     
    So virtually we were a pretty large country.

Thanks for that information.....

Post  Guest Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:10 pm

yup

in a rainstorm...........with heavy heavy rain at the end of winter with snow on the ground.............watch how water mingles and meanders with the land............then times it by a million..................the earth's history in your back yard

Very interesting Mr.Norseman.............

My island is a sandbar sort of....created when the "Hudson Bay Dam" broke away...........during the last ice age.........

Ice ages are cyclical. A cycle of melt...........and freeze...that can be timed.

As we travel through the universe spinning around in our own little galaxy....we are experiencing "seasons" on a cosmic scale...just like we experience our earth seasons here.

Those cosmic seasons affect all just like the earth seasons do.....weather...life....emotions....and more

Last edited by Mr.Whitmore on Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:16 pm

Thanks Mr.Whitmore and Northman.
    For the history of the UK and other countries including Canada?

Now I'm wondering just how big and wide spread the land was years ago....

My God,if it was possible,would love to see a map going back all those years ago.

I love history!

Post  Guest Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:22 pm

Well...continental drift plays a part too

We can go...way way back ma'am

Search Pangaea...
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Mr.Whitmore wrote:Well...continental drift plays a part too

We can go...way way back ma'am

Search Pangaea...
    I can imagine that!

What's Pangaea?
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:01 pm

The "Holy" Sea Gondwana
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:32 pm

Thank you,1antique.....for putting the map up.
    I feel so ignorant,didn't know any of this and can't remember whether we were ever taught this at school.

About the different countries, we were taught about Norway etc and also Ireland adjoining the UK.
    Must admit I was useless at geography but good at history....
    Wished I had visited Canada now.....sounds such an interesting country.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:39 pm

You wouldn't think that in the wintertime  :giggles:
    norseman
    norseman

Male

Post  norseman Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:06 pm

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. Britain and Ireland were part of the European mainland, not America. The ice dam breaking dumped a humungous amount of water into the Atlantic. The collapse of the dam and the Norwegian land slip were not gradual, they were catastrophic !
    BTW 6000 BC is probably the date of the biblical flood [Noah etc] Also if Atlantis actually existed outside of the Plato tale, then 6000 BC is the best guess time-wise.
    RE Atlantis - my attention has been drawn to Orkney. Look at Orkney in a good map and you will see that it is  "cored-out" leaving a ring of islands. In Celtic mythology, the "Northern Isles" [Orkney or Shetland ?] was home to "magicians" who taught the Tuatha de Danaan AND the 6000 year-old temple complex - makes you think, dont it !
    frisky fox

Number of posts : 1044
    Registration date : 2013-08-25

Post  frisky fox Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:17 pm

very interesting norseman, thanx for sharing this !

frisky fox
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:30 pm

Actually, north america and europe/asia were once part of the same land mass...but that was much before my time (in this lifetime, anyway)
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:08 pm

1antique wrote:You wouldn't think that in the wintertime  :giggles:
    That cold, is it?    Brrrr!    No thank you...:blush:
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:18 pm

norseman wrote:Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. Britain and Ireland were part of the European mainland, not America. The ice dam breaking dumped a humungous amount of water into the Atlantic. The collapse of the dam and the Norwegian land slip were not gradual, they were catastrophic !
    BTW 6000 BC is probably the date of the biblical flood [Noah etc] Also if Atlantis actually existed outside of the Plato tale, then 6000 BC is the best guess time-wise.
    RE Atlantis - my attention has been drawn to Orkney. Look at Orkney in a good map and you will see that it is  "cored-out" leaving a ring of islands. In Celtic mythology, the "Northern Isles" [Orkney or Shetland ?] was home to "magicians" who taught the Tuatha de Danaan AND the 6000 year-old temple complex - makes you think, dont it !
    It certainly does.....imagine the change since then.
    I never realised how all had changed in those times.   Now why wasn't this discussed at school?

Post  Guest Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:40 pm

so much to learn involving the ancient past of our planet....

here is another....it its off topic...we should move it.....

Antarctica used to be tropical

The Katabatic winds howl around Antarctica’s gale thrashed coast. But once its green valleys were filled with thriving Glossopteris Pine and Beach forests. How do we know this? “Scott of the Antarctic” was the first to discover telltale fossils on the Beardmore Glacier in 1912. Since then petrified tree stumps and leaves; bones of dinosaurs and marsupials; and fossil rich coal has been discovered in the now hostile environment.

http://nexusilluminati.blogspot.ca/2013/09/antarctica-once-tropical-paradise.html
    norseman
    norseman

Male

Post  norseman Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:56 am

Google "Doggerland" - all sorts of info including suggested maps. At very low tides, parts of the drowned land appears above the surface - the Dogger Bank in the North Sea is a dangerous place for shipping. Re the Dutch Trawlers - millions of artifacts have been dredged up, including many fine hand axes. I have been frantically trying to buy one but no-go. The only ones for sale are from the Sahara where they are like "common litter" - no good to me, no connection !

There was a "special" in the TimeTeam series [ Tony Robinson presenting ] Channel 4 I think and called the Drowned Land [I think]. Couple of years back.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:23 am

Mr.Whitmore wrote:so much to learn involving the ancient past of our planet....

here is another....it its off topic...we should move it.....

Antarctica used to be tropical

The Katabatic winds howl around Antarctica’s gale thrashed coast. But once its green valleys were filled with thriving Glossopteris Pine and Beach forests. How do we know this? “Scott of the Antarctic” was the first to discover telltale fossils on the Beardmore Glacier in 1912. Since then petrified tree stumps and leaves; bones of dinosaurs and marsupials; and fossil rich coal has been discovered in the now hostile environment.

http://nexusilluminati.blogspot.ca/2013/09/antarctica-once-tropical-paradise.html
    I can well believe that....So many areas are changing now,weather wise.
    The UK I feel will be in many years to come,a tropical island.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:24 am

norseman wrote:Google "Doggerland" - all sorts of info including suggested maps. At very low tides, parts of the drowned land appears above the surface - the Dogger Bank in the North Sea is a dangerous place for shipping. Re the Dutch Trawlers - millions of artifacts have been dredged up, including many fine hand axes. I have been frantically trying to buy one but no-go. The only ones for sale are from the Sahara where they are like "common litter" - no good to me, no connection !

There was a "special" in the TimeTeam series [ Tony Robinson presenting ] Channel 4 I think and called the Drowned Land [I think]. Couple of years back.
    I saw that,Northman.....very interesting....
    norseman
    norseman

Male

Post  norseman Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:07 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:
    The Northern Dales were once a tropical sea. In the market town of Stanhope [Weardale], there is a fossilised sequioa tree and many fossil shark teeth have also been found thereabouts.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:35 pm

norseman wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:
    The Northern Dales were once a tropical sea. In the market town of Stanhope [Weardale], there is a fossilised sequioa tree and many fossil shark teeth have also been found thereabouts.
    I know Weardale.    Not well but visited there once.

So the UK has changed in so many ways.....I wonder in another thousand years what our small island will be look like....
    norseman
    norseman

Male

Post  norseman Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:22 pm

Probably smaller. The Fens and Norfolk are under threat if sea levels rise much. Probably Thames Estuary too.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:48 pm

It was on the news the other day,Northman.     Wonder if the River Tyne has ever over flowed...
    norseman
    norseman

Male

Post  norseman Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:21 am

There has been flooding upstream where the two branches of the Tyne come together. The North Tyne originates in Northumberland and the South Tyne on Alston Moor Cumbria [as do the Wear and Tees].
    They come together near Hexham.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:47 pm

Often wondered about the Tyne.    The times I used to visit the markets there in days go by.   Miss the old days....Thanks Northman......much appreciated....
    norseman
    norseman

Male

Post  norseman Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:38 pm

THis afternoon, I have been beachcombing looking for that desired flint hand axe. The recent storms have dumped a lot of flint [still encased in chalk] on the beach. It has to be coming from off-shore somewhere because the north-east is not a chalk region. So, if chunks of flint are coming on land, perhaps, just perhaps, some flint artifacts may follow. I persevere !

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:29 am