Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Kaere
innerlight
ameliorate
7 posters

Crystal Healing: Magical Cure or Placebo? They have now been tested.....

ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Crystal Healing: Magical Cure or Placebo?  They have now been tested..... Empty Crystal Healing: Magical Cure or Placebo? They have now been tested.....

Post  ameliorate Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:47 pm

I am interested in the truth rather than going along with the general herd mentality. I always felt disappointed when picking up a crystal...like I should be getting something from it but didn't. I had suspected that the effects maybe mostly down to expectations and this link confirms this re. the placebo effect.

http://sciencebasedlife.wordpress.com/2011/09/05/crystal-healing-magic-cures-or-just-rocks/
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Crystal Healing: Magical Cure or Placebo?  They have now been tested..... Empty Re: Crystal Healing: Magical Cure or Placebo? They have now been tested.....

Post  innerlight Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:07 pm

As is always the case with "case studies" they never fully give the test an actual decent run. They take about five minutes and tell you that they have their answers.. That's why in 5-10 years when they test again they come back and tell you they were wrong before. It happens all the time. Science has a hard time wrapping its head around things it can not understand, or comprehend. And when it can't. It dismisses it as being bogus, or hokum. 

To have a better understanding of crystals they would to have take the time to perform the testing longer. Just like taking a prescription pill you are not gonna fully have answers within the first taking of it. They even tell you it will take time to notice its affect. In some cases that pill can take weeks to months to really show its benefit. Yet, they could not do the same with a crystal. 

The energetic body is a complex, living breathing organism, is always changing and expanding. To really affect it, it takes time. In some cases a lot of time. To fully get the real benefit of a crystal it takes time to really feel it.

They also quickly dismiss things are being placebo.. But the reality is. Is thoughts create reality. And those thoughts affect your mental body. Those thoughts that are creating health can also create poor health. So thinking yourself healthy is also part of it. Its also where affirmations come from. As well as creative visualization. 

They also based their answers off of this line, "A study has shown that the sensations reported by believers in crystals – such as tingling, warmth and feelings of well-being –" These feelings and associations are not a true testament to crystals, as they can be experienced from anything. 

To really get to know if a crystal works, one just needs to work with them. For an extended period of time. And allow its energies to work with you, and help you. It will most likely be subtle to where you may not even notice it, but in time you may just notice a difference.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Crystal Healing: Magical Cure or Placebo?  They have now been tested..... Empty Re: Crystal Healing: Magical Cure or Placebo? They have now been tested.....

Post  ameliorate Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:37 pm

Innerlight - nevertheless this study cannot so easily be discredited and it counts for something.  I would say that the onus now is on finding proof that crystals give more than a placebo effect.
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:20 am

ameliorate wrote:Innerlight - nevertheless this study cannot so easily be discredited and it counts for something.  I would say that the onus now is on finding proof that crystals give more than a placebo effect.

Run a current of energy through a quartz crystal and you do get an effect. The crystal will vibrate at a set rate. This is how quartz watches work.

Whether that means anything with regards to interacting with people, I dunno. People give off energy but not always at a set rate and not always the same from person to person. I don't think there can ever really be a proper control subject for such an experiment as that same control subject would have to be able to be consistently replicated (ie using people with the exact same energy signature).

The power doesn't come from the crystals, it comes by energy interacting with that crystal. On their own, they're nothing but pretty bits of rock.

Frankly, if it works, who cares if it's a placebo or not. My headaches gone, her depression is alleviated, yay!
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:23 am

The article did not prove anything, so one can not give it credit.

They tested tingling sensations, and warm feelings. In actual crystals and "fake" crystals. The truth of the matter is, such feelings will be felt by both samples. Plastic things, as well, as inanimate objects have their own energy and auras. So one who is sensitive to them and not sensitive, can pick up feelings from it. Such as warmth, and tingly feelings. That is just the energy of it intertwining with ones current energy field. They also tested feelings of feeling better, and improved mood. The individuals were all meditating for the testing. Such feelings are typical feelings associated with meditation.

So this article does not hold any real evidence to it. Just basic jumping to conclusions. Based off of little testing.

To really have answers one needs to perform extensive testing. With open minds to allow real answers to be found.  One really doesn't need to have another tell them if they do or do not. Most crystals are cheap, and easily obtainable. One can procure some for themselves and find their own answers. Which will be more unbiased than any article that is performed by science.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:25 am

Well Kaere the point is that if it's a placebo effect, we convince ourselves i.e. the value is not inherent in the actual crystal.   This explains my disappointment from not getting anything when I hold a crystal.  Being a truth seeker, i.e. not wanting to be deluded it matters to me to find if something has real, beneficial properties or whether we are just doing something to ourselves.  Also, there's the unsavoury factor of retailers making a fat profit from dubious products. That said, the power of the mind is immense.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:01 am

I can't open the article at the moment my comp is on a go slow but crystals much like anything else from headache tablets to yoga will work for some but not for others

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Sparkster
    Sparkster
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 7
    Job/hobbies : Writer/Researcher/Author
    Registration date : 2017-04-01

Post  Sparkster Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:51 am

There will always be and there has always been this type of skeptical analysis which, in my opinion (as a scientist myself), is not true science. There is way too much confirmation bias in these types of studies. For decent scientific research, I suggest the first place you start is with Marcel Vogel.

Marcel Vogel was a computer engineer who worked for IBM and the significance of this is that quartz crystals are used in computer microchips because of their capacity to retain information. Marcel Vogel eventually left IBM to work on researching the other properties of quartz, such as it's healing power. He went on to develop the vogel shaped crystal based on his discoveries. So yes, there is sound scientific evidence. That's really just the tip of the iceberg.

There is also a good documentary you may want to watch called Crystal Vibrations. In this documentary, they have one person hooked up to a computer which measures changes in their energy body and the computer shows the changes in real-time after crystals were placed on the person's skin. There's also further research into the natural geometric formation of crystals which shows that they cause a high flow of health-promoting negative ions to accumulate at the peaks.

That's just the basics. There is plenty more credible information on this topic which shows that there is indeed more to it than meets the eye and more than most scientists would like to admit. Hope that helps!
    StrandedSnowMonkey
    StrandedSnowMonkey

Number of posts : 533
    Registration date : 2020-10-15

Post  StrandedSnowMonkey Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:32 pm

I know someone who said that it's the colour than a specific stone which works. He had all the books and didn't go for all that was written about them. My book 'Color and Crystals - A Journey Through the Chakras ' by Joy Gardner is good for this. I'll read it again ~ thanks for the nudge.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:30 pm

A study has shown that the sensations reported by believers in crystals – such as tingling, warmth and feelings of well-being – come instead from the power of suggestion. When given cheap, fake crystals, people reported exactly the same mysterious sensations as when they handle the genuine articles.

More than that can be felt from a crystal. More than just tingling, warmth, or feelings of well-being. Energy can be felt as well as increased. Chakras can be opened, and expanded while using them, and a person's consciousness can be affected in that moment, and they can connect with their crystal in so many expansive ways. 

Heck, those sensitive enough, such as myself, don't even need to touch them to feel them. Just being in a room with one out can be all that it takes. My energy expands so much, that I get such a rush that I will be antsy and unable to rest. That is more than placebo. 

Many however, do not feel all of that. They may not even notice the subtle effects of a crystal connecting with themselves. It can take a certain level of awareness to notice it. 

Science will never fully understand such matters, not because it can't, or doesn't have the ability to tap into it. It just chooses not to. Science needs to have something it can control, and regulate. If we were to control and regulate spiritual pursuits, we would never reach our full potential, and would always be held back by those who decide what is "best" for the people. Kind of where Religion has gotten itself stuck after all this time.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:32 pm

StrandedSnowMonkey wrote:I know someone who said that it's the colour than a specific stone which works. He had all the books and didn't go for all that was written about them. My book 'Color and Crystals - A Journey Through the Chakras ' by Joy Gardner is good for this. I'll read it again ~ thanks for the nudge.

Colors can also have an effect on an individual. As we say colors connect to the chakras, as well as to the Aura. They can also affect the mind. Hence why many buildings have red on them, to help grab your attention. And we know red is usually associated with passion, fire, and seduction.

StrandedSnowMonkey likes this post

Aetheria
    Aetheria

Female
    Number of posts : 93
    Registration date : 2017-07-10

Post  Aetheria Tue May 02, 2023 10:40 pm

I feel crystals, that there's more to what meets the eye. If you see there is more of a use for them. As to why some use them for healing cause of their metaphysical properties. I feel it's important to feel a connection with them, and if you don't. You'll hold uncertainty to them at their face value.

For example, some crystals you may feel drawn too, while other types you may not. I feel it's cause of their vibration, the colors, and the metaphystical properties of the crystals. :bfs:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:17 am