Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
LorriePaige
Aqua
jcam@sii
Native spirit
Detlef
Crystal
ameliorate
SpiritVoices
12 posters

Does Colour really have an Effect of us?

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Does Colour really have an Effect of us? Empty Does Colour really have an Effect of us?

Post  SpiritVoices Fri May 02, 2014 7:33 am

Blue has always had an good effect on me. Bringing me luck or happiness.

Why do certain colours affect us like this?
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Does Colour really have an Effect of us? Empty Re: Does Colour really have an Effect of us?

Post  ameliorate Fri May 02, 2014 10:19 am

Why do colours affect us?  Here is a good description/explanation - 4th paragraph

http://www.colourtherapyhealing.com/colour_therapy/what_is_colour_therapy.php
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Does Colour really have an Effect of us? Empty Re: Does Colour really have an Effect of us?

Post  SpiritVoices Fri May 02, 2014 12:43 pm

Thanks for that,Amy! The throat.
    Interesting.....must admit never have much trouble with sore throats.....
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Fri May 02, 2014 1:58 pm

I use colour a lot, especially in jewellery and crystals. I think it affects us all, imagine walking into a dark brown hospital room? Wierd? Neutral, pastel and uplifting bright colours work best for healing places I think.

What colour is your new home? Did you choose it and do you like it?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri May 02, 2014 3:51 pm

it is painted in a warm beige. Wall papered first with a nice patterned paper

I like it!
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Fri May 02, 2014 3:52 pm

My first remembered experience involving colour occurred when I was about 8 yrs old at school.
    I remember feeling quite low/not well.  On my desk were coloured pencils.  My eyes were drawn
    to a particular green pencil - the colour of acorn green.  On using it I immediately felt lifted in
    spirit...like the colour flooded my senses with its vibration.

Fast forward to my adult life. After I had attended a fairly intensive mystical course, I suddenly got
    a craving for purple clothes!  It wasn't anything I could explain at the time...I just had to have this
    colour in my wardrobe.  (Now most of my wardrobe is various shades of purple).  Much later I discovered
    that it is the colour of the crown chakra.  Also it is called ecclesiastical purple and this vibrant colour is worn
    by church officials.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Fri May 02, 2014 5:12 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:it is painted in  a warm beige.    Wall papered first with a nice patterned paper

I like it!

Now then look at that, 'warm beige' that is a clue to your thoughts on it completely, I bet that had a bearing on why you chose this particular flat?

I once did an experiment with some friends at work and we all had to wear a particular colour of underwear and see if it affected our day lol.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri May 02, 2014 6:13 pm

Actually it was,the carpet too. The whole place is spotless...
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Sun May 04, 2014 3:56 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:Actually it was,the carpet too.   The whole place is spotless...

Beautiful, how are you settling in now?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun May 04, 2014 4:30 pm

Bit by bit......Miss my old neighbours and friends where I live before... :worry:
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Sun May 04, 2014 4:47 pm

I think that is one of the worst parts of moving, but you will make new friends.
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Mon May 05, 2014 12:00 am

Colors carry a certain vibration like everything else, and different vibrations affect us differently.
    There is only a small range of colors available in this realm, according the range of vibrations on this level of density or "dimension".
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Mon May 05, 2014 12:25 am

Color has a big impact in counselling the color of the rooms suit each person differently,if they are agitated you put them in a room with a pale color that calms them

Namaste
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Mon May 05, 2014 5:37 pm

Yes we even use different coloured tissues pale pink seems to work the best to help calm people.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Aqua
    Aqua

Female
    Number of posts : 314
    Registration date : 2014-12-11

Post  Aqua Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:20 am

Another old thread resurrected, my favourite colour is blue. For some reason I hate White.
    LorriePaige
    LorriePaige

Female
    Number of posts : 17
    Job/hobbies : Life Coach/Collecting good luck items, bookmarks and costume bracelets
    Registration date : 2015-06-17

Post  LorriePaige Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:57 am

SpiritVoices wrote:Blue has always had an good effect on me.   Bringing me luck or happiness.

Why do certain colours affect us like this?

I believe it does.

As a matter of fact, that's how I use crystals. I don't care what type of crystal it is, I just go by what color it is when doing spellwork...I find using crystals that way works better for me.
    MrsJ
    Just joined

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2015-06-26

Post  MrsJ Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:29 pm

I associate everything with colour and always naturally seek out the colours that will lift/ground/alter my mood as necessary. I often have to 'neutralise' the effects of colour after a day at work, my office is a startling shade of red/grey and the people within the office are an interesting clash of colour and personality. Sometimes Magnolia is the way forward ;)
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:52 am

MrsJ wrote:I associate everything with colour and always naturally seek out the colours that will lift/ground/alter my mood as necessary. I often have to 'neutralise' the effects of colour after a day at work, my office is a startling shade of red/grey and the people within the office are an interesting clash of colour and personality. Sometimes Magnolia is the way forward ;)

A form of synesthesia perhaps?
    MrsJ
    Just joined

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2015-06-26

Post  MrsJ Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:13 pm

I have long suspected a form of synaesthesia, but it has never been confirmed. It is mostly a positive thing but the colour associations can become overwhelming at times.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:13 pm

Blue is still my colour. It has always reminded me of angels! :wink:

Joanie xxx
    EmbodiedSoul
    EmbodiedSoul

Male
    Number of posts : 55
    Job/hobbies : Gaming, Music, Art, Reading and Travelling.
    Registration date : 2015-07-21

Post  EmbodiedSoul Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:43 pm

Yeah colours do have an effect on us. It calms our body and mind spiritually. I have a topic based on colours :rainbow: and their healing properties listed. It is a interesting topic and is intriguing to read.
    kiwi

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2016-11-05

Does Colour really have an Effect of us? Empty RE: does colour really have an effect on us

Post  kiwi Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:41 am

yes it does..

But its how we perceive colour as we see it, some are colour blind and some see the opposite colour

I studied colour therapy, only so I could understand more on chakras and healing work
    how it can affect and alter our emotions, help with any dis-eased (not at ease) areas within the body and this included food clothing and environment.
    I was only interested in the colours associated with the body

Clothing:
    When we wear clothes, we look for items that catch our attention yes?  or do we wear clothes that make us feel comfortable?
    think about it next time you go to put clothes on...

Yes at times we must wear clothing to suit like work uniforms or a formal dress wear, but have you ever noticed how your body and emotions
    change or how you feel uncomfortable when wearing something you really don't want to wear?.
    Our body tries to tell us when its not well, or when our emotions are up or down
    People can also judge others by the clothing they wear *that person looks poor*  *that person shines in them bright colours*

We are drawn to the colours to how our body is feeling at that given time
    Grey shows a person is under stress, the darker the grey, the more stress that person is under
    Red can be identified in many ways, seek attention, be centre of attention, but mostly is associated with someone being drained and tired and  needing an increase in energy or blood circulation
    Black is a protection colour, we cannot judge a person because we cannot see past the black the person becomes mysterious, so it helps us feel safe

Then there is the uplifting colours
    yellow vibrant and very hard to wear, expressing oneself
    orange fun and laughter, mischievous and cheeky humor
    blue  non stop talking and chatting
    purples a feeling of being in control of yourself, at one with yourself, day dreaming. calm and relaxed

But then we can also wear a garment with combine colours within. We can also help nurture our body by using the opposite colour.
    Altering our emotions
    example: feeling a bit sad but wanting a happy day. even tho you really want to put grey and black on, you place orange or green, blue
    those colours can help or wear all different colours and people stare at you thinking your crazy, but inside you feel great lololol

I took notice on the colours I wore, but still I questioned it. So while working in the nursing home, I tried the colour clothing on residents.

Now as we know, nurses put residents into clothing they (the nurses) choose.. I sure saw the difference lol
    Angry residents wearing red,  we placed a light green garment on and within minutes they went from angry to calm
    residents having a hard time sleeping, we placed them in light blues and light purples
    So eventually we were dressing everyone in pastel light colours and when a resident started yelling you would hear nurses saying *who dressed them in that red cardigan* lolol

But I started to question again, on the health side of it. if a resident became angry wearing a red garment, but also has blood circulation problems, then how can we help. So we started to combine colours, red and green together or combinations of yellow and blue to make green.
    So in the end we had residents in all colours and our cottage which was once known as behavioral, was now the most calmest and quietest, happiest cottage. unless someone new came in and dressed the residents.

So yes I agree colour does help..

I then looked into foods and how it helps the body, the chakra colours and the body colour surrounding the chakra
    All these areas: our surroundings, clothing food chakras. same colours yet can have different affects on our day
    kiwi

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2016-11-05

Does Colour really have an Effect of us? Empty re: colour

Post  kiwi Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:04 am

When I studied how colour can help on healing. I did not experience via another person. I did it on myself
    We are not doctors, so we cannot say colour heals specific health issues

I did however use a colour garment on a resident with astonishing outcome.
    She had shingles and no creams would work. She was in soo much pain and the area was very inflamed

The rash was near the rib cage area which is the colour yellow on the body. So with the residents permission, we
    placed a yellow handkerchief on the area, and asked a fellow nurse to place another item the next day.
    2 days later, what was left was just a rash. The rawness inflammation was gone and the skin was dry.

Some may say, it was just the healing process. But we tried creams for weeks and it only got worse not better.
    whos to say whether the yellow handkerchief worked or not,
    So the next time a staff member had bad stomach cramps
    she tied a light green tea towel around her waist, to decrease the heat in the inflammation. she said she felt much better an hour later
    she farted heaps too

Health issues such as cancer, diabeties  can become a topic of dispute, so I wont even go there.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:59 pm

Interesting post, thanks for sharing, im certain colour can affect mood,  ive never tried healing with colour alone though.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:07 am