Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
jamesdennison2003
Assumpta
Violet
skye
Auras
Crystal
SpiritVoices
11 posters

Who would count themselves as a full blown Medium?

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

medium - Who would count themselves as a full blown Medium? Empty Who would count themselves as a full blown Medium?

Post  SpiritVoices Fri May 16, 2014 4:14 pm

You have had no training just natural flair for mediumship.

When did you realise you had that gift?
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

medium - Who would count themselves as a full blown Medium? Empty Re: Who would count themselves as a full blown Medium?

Post  Crystal Fri May 16, 2014 6:00 pm

To be honest I see being a medium as similar to being pregnant, you either are or your aren't.
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

medium - Who would count themselves as a full blown Medium? Empty Re: Who would count themselves as a full blown Medium?

Post  Auras Fri May 16, 2014 7:35 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:You have had no training just natural flair for mediumship.

Not until Last year, But after looking back at my childhood spiritual experiences it started to make sense....
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri May 16, 2014 7:42 pm

I do feel sometimes that we are born with a 6th sense,everyone included.

Some sense and pick up spirit while very young...blossoming as they go.

Some come into mediumship later in life.

Some have the gift of 'seeing' or 'hearing' or both.

Some are just psychic.

The gift of mediunship needs nurturing.....To bring it out,sometimes with the help of spirit.

Would it be inherited? I knew a young man who unfortunately passed over a while ago.

His mother was a first class medium. I remember seeing her in my first visit to a spiritualist church. She was a trance medium...
    Later I met her son on a site like this one. We didn't know each other but found out we had attended the same church....the medium I speak of was his mother.

he would never admit he had the makings of a medium....but I always said he would have made it if he had followed the same path of his mother.

So taking a different path here,I do believe that mediumship comes along the family line.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri May 16, 2014 7:43 pm

Auras wrote:

Not until Last year, But after looking back at my childhood spiritual experiences it started to make sense....

So you see,you may have had the gift for a while,Auras. It just came out bit by bit.

You're doing well now.....
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Fri May 16, 2014 11:59 pm

I would say there are very few natural born mediums, the late Gordon Higginson, (President of the SNU) was one. His mother was a Medium too, so perhaps it is hereditary. He did however suggest training was important, as mediumship is not just about delivering a message from a spirit communicator.

There may be an interest shown between members of a family regarding mediumistic work and spirituality, but I don't believe mediums always come down the family line. Perhaps those people who become mediums in later life are meant to be one. My belief is every body has the potential within to be a medium.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat May 17, 2014 8:08 am

skye wrote:

I would say there are very few natural born mediums, the late Gordon Higginson, (President of the SNU) was one. His mother was a Medium too, so perhaps it is hereditary. He did however suggest training was important, as mediumship is not just about delivering a message from a spirit communicator.

There may be an interest shown between members of a family regarding mediumistic work and spirituality, but I don't believe mediums always come down the family line. Perhaps those people who become mediums in later life are meant to be one. My belief is every body has the potential within to be a medium.

Training definitely is needed whether a natural born medium or not.
    If only how to deliver those all important messages from spirit to us.
    Sometimes messages come out garbled,not easily understood....

Maybe not the medium's fault but then again,spirit may have problems trying to get their point across.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Sat May 17, 2014 10:50 am

SpiritVoices wrote:
    skye wrote:

Training definitely is needed whether a natural born medium or not.
    If only how to deliver those all important messages from spirit to us.
    Sometimes messages come out garbled,not easily understood....

Maybe not the medium's fault but then again,spirit may have problems trying to get their point across.
    I would say it's the mediums fault rather than spirits.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Tue May 20, 2014 11:54 pm

I don't think anyone can claim to be a full blown medium, I think its a journey that never ends with constant room for growth

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed May 21, 2014 10:26 am

Stange talking about this last night to my brother....he doesn't believe in mediumship at all so suggesting that it is carried forward through the generations was a waste of time..I gave up with him.....lol
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Wed May 21, 2014 11:49 am

SpiritVoices wrote:Stange talking about this last night to my brother....he doesn't believe in mediumship at all so suggesting that it is carried forward through the generations was a waste of time..I gave up with him.....lol
    Perhaps if this was looked at a different way for a moment? Instead of mediumship perhaps being sensitive and self aware and able to use and rely on our intuition? These are all traits that can be carried through genes down the line and that could altogether perhaps lead to the necessary traits needs to be a successful medium?  Of course one would have to have belief and that again is sometimes passed from parent to child in the form of religion and dogma?
    skye

Female

Post  skye Wed May 21, 2014 2:59 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:Stange talking about this last night to my brother....he doesn't believe in mediumship at all so suggesting that it is carried forward through the generations was a waste of time..I gave up with him.....lol
    Giving up and letting go is sometimes the best way Joan.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed May 21, 2014 3:09 pm

skye wrote:

I do now,Skye...I never try to persuade anyone that a spirit world does exist. I have found the fact of an Afterlife does exist does not always appeal to everyone...
    skye

Female

Post  skye Wed May 21, 2014 3:21 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:
    skye wrote:

I do now,Skye...I never try to persuade anyone that a spirit world does exist.    I have found the fact of an Afterlife does exist does not always appeal to everyone...
    Yes, the afterlife. I suspect there are many people who dread the thought of having to face up to their own mortality or, that of anyone close to them.

What is possibly of more relevance for him at this time Joan, is you have played your part, you have planted a seed. It's up to him now to nurture it and let it grow in his own time.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed May 21, 2014 3:29 pm

Have often wondered why life after death does not appeal mostly to men

Will give them their due though....they are usually the first to admit they were wrong.

Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

Post  Assumpta Thu May 22, 2014 1:01 pm

I will admit to not really having what I would call any mediumist skills.  I did when I was younger, I could see spirit but since getting older and probably not realising at the time just what I was seeing it went.

I think this is a lot of the trouble, we see spirit quite easily when young but if nobody we are around has still got the gift then we don't use it ourselves.

:astar:
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu May 22, 2014 4:50 pm

Assumpta wrote:I will admit to not really having what I would call any mediumist skills.  I did when I was younger, I could see spirit but since getting older and probably not realising at the time just what I was seeing it went.

I think this is a lot of the trouble, we see spirit quite easily when young but if nobody we are around has still got the gift then we don't use it ourselves.

:astar:

I wonder if the gift comes more easily when we are younger,Maureen. Do we squash it or ignore it not really believing what we see and hear?
    jamesdennison2003
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2015-03-27

Post  jamesdennison2003 Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:22 pm

Hey, just seen this teaser online, might be of interest to members, looks very interesting. Its about a developing medium and his life story. The facebook page is very informative too.

Its called Memoirs of a Medium, its on youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrkpiy-74Cw
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 585
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests

Post  RavenMoon Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:39 pm

Spammer above - 
    Moderator please?
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:44 pm

RavenMoon wrote:Spammer above - 
    Moderator please?
    lol you can talk look at all those posts you made and I was so looking forward to a good old natter on  the forum.

Best way is to pm Violet to get her attention :)
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 585
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests

Post  RavenMoon Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:55 pm

I am on a roll today..  :happy:,, hateeeeeeee spammers... grrrrrrr....
    Yep.. I CAN talk...  :evil1:
    jamesdennison2003
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2015-03-27

Post  jamesdennison2003 Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:23 pm

Sorry if I done something wrong, wasn't spam. I was just trying to bring attention to an area that gets very little attention in the media. The film is very informative and gives an insight to what it is like for someone who is experiencing interaction with spirits for the first time, which I would say would be quite scary.

Apologies again.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female

Post  Crystal Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:34 pm

jamesdennison2003 wrote:Sorry if I done something wrong, wasn't spam. I was just trying to bring attention to an area that gets very little attention in the media. The film is very informative and gives an insight to what it is like for someone who is experiencing interaction with spirits for the first time, which I would say would be quite scary.

Apologies again.

I watched, mainly because I am between readings and I don't see what you mean, it had so many flaws and mistakes, maybe a professionally made video but they need to get their act together and fgs a Ouija board!!   And do they really not know the difference between Spiritualism and spirituality?
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:44 pm

Crystal wrote:
    jamesdennison2003 wrote:Sorry if I done something wrong, wasn't spam. I was just trying to bring attention to an area that gets very little attention in the media. The film is very informative and gives an insight to what it is like for someone who is experiencing interaction with spirits for the first time, which I would say would be quite scary.

Apologies again.

I watched, mainly because I am between readings and I don't see what you mean, it had so many flaws and mistakes, maybe a professionally made video but they need to get their act together and fgs a Ouija board!!   And do they really not know the difference between Spiritualism and spirituality?
    It's sad that all-too-often we encounter this. It's a similar problem with 'spiritualism' and Spiritualism
    Aqua
    Aqua

Female
    Number of posts : 314
    Registration date : 2014-12-11

Post  Aqua Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:02 am

Apologies again.

james, you did nothing wrong. I found the video interesting.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:36 pm