Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
GreenJade
millergrls
6 posters

Tarot cards and negative energy

millergrls
    millergrls

Female
    Number of posts : 1385
    Job/hobbies : Dispatcher
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

Tarot cards and negative energy Empty Tarot cards and negative energy

Post  millergrls Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:41 pm

is it possible to get a deck of tarot cards from someone who was very negative and when you use them in a spread for them to give a negative reading in a spread from a residual energy held in them?
    GreenJade
    GreenJade

Female
    Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2014-08-05

Tarot cards and negative energy Empty Re: Tarot cards and negative energy

Post  GreenJade Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:06 am

I always cleansed my tarot deck before use, I asked for white light to surround the deck cleaning away any negative energy ect.. while imaging this happening in my minds eye.

I used to read Tarot, I found that if I was reading for a negative person then the reading would be somewhat negative.  :flo: 
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female

Post  millergrls Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:19 am

I received deck of tarot cards and I felt drawn to them.  I did not clense them and then after I was told that the person who had used them had passed but have used them for many years and was an extremely negative person.  When I did a spread for myself it seemed as if the deck had pulled on my fears and exposed them verses giving me answers.  So I was not sure.   :astar: 
    Thanks for the response.  I really appreciate it!!!!!! :bfs:
    mayflow
    mayflow

Number of posts : 894
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

Post  mayflow Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:01 am

As I see it, these cards work because of the subconscious interpretations of the images and the numbers. The attitudes and expectations you approach them with will determine what you see in them.

Two prisoners look through the same bars
    One sees mud, the other sees stars
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:45 pm

millergrls wrote:is it possible to get a deck of tarot cards from someone who was very negative and when you use them in a spread for them to give a negative reading in a spread from a residual energy held in them?

What do you mean the person was very negative though? And what do you mean by negative reading?

After a tough reading I always make sure I re-order the cards, that removes any possibility of the reading lingering.

By the way, which deck is it? Is it a Thoth?
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:10 pm

millergrls wrote:is it possible to get a deck of tarot cards from someone who was very negative and when you use them in a spread for them to give a negative reading in a spread from a residual energy held in them?
    In my opinion and experience no.

Some tarot readers claim they pick up on the energies of a sitter if they shuffle the cards. So, readers may often refuse to allow anyone to touch the cards in case a person's negativity remains on the cards that may affect the next reading session. I assume the cards hold on to any residual energies left by the sitter. For arguments sake, it could be said, it's the same scenario with positive energies.

Presumably some readers when purchasing second hand tarot cards, or having been given a tarot deck, regardless of what type or make, some people will have a desire to cleanse them either because it's the 'In' thing to do, or, they feel cleansing them will be helpful. There are various ways of doing this and I'm sure some members here will know what 'cleansing' will involve. 

However, it's been my experience that a 'negative reading' could be a combination of what the sitter is actually experiencing in their lives at the time of the reading which may reflect how the cards are perceived, as well as the outcome of events. And/or, it may be the readers own negativity, troubles or worry that are having an effect on the sitters reading, without them initially realising this.

If a reader believes a spread is showing negative influences, it's up to the reader to point out the positive actions - they are there - which will hopefully give some form of guidance as to what steps the sitter can best take at that time to move forward with positive outlook.

When I first started reading cards, and a reading session came to an end, I would simply tap all the cards together on the desk. Eventually I just grouped them together and placed them in a drawer or on top of the desk.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:45 pm

I think if you believe that it will be so, I have many used decks some I cleansed others I never bothered, never had any trouble, if you feel it is possible that could be why you got a negative reading because you fear them even if only a little, in which case a cleanse won't harm

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female

Post  millergrls Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:58 pm

All of you are awesome!!!!  Thank you so much!!! :astar:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content