Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
mac
SpiritVoices
Steve22
7 posters

Hearing Inner Voices Vs Mediumship

Steve22

Male
    Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2014-09-04

Hearing Inner Voices Vs Mediumship Empty Hearing Inner Voices Vs Mediumship

Post  Steve22 Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:52 am

Ok, this is not to say mediumship is not real in any way.  However, as a person who experiences the former on a regular basis, what distinguishes the former from the latter.  I could go tell people I am talking to spirits when really I am just hearing stuff from my own head.  Not that there is anything wrong with either possibility, just how would one really tell the difference and tell they are indeed a medium and not just someone like myself who is just in tune with their own unconscious.  There is nothing wrong with either in my opinion, nothing wrong with just being in tune with your own unconscious and hearing your dream characters and other stuff in your head.  Nothing wrong with that at all.  Nothing wrong with being a medium either, just saying how do you differentiate the two experiences which in my opinion are both equally legitimate, just very different.  I can say that with experience I can tell that I don't actually have any sort of powers, my unconscious self just talks to me sometimes but I'm okay with that as well, it's just a bit different than being a medium which was what I thought I was a while back
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Hearing Inner Voices Vs Mediumship Empty Re: Hearing Inner Voices Vs Mediumship

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:38 am

I wait for spirit to come to me.   I'm useless at meditating.   If they want to speak to me,they will do so.   They come through when I am in period of relaxation.   Half way between sleep and wakefulness .
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:09 pm

Steve22 wrote:Ok, this is not to say mediumship is not real in any way.  However, as a person who experiences the former on a regular basis, what distinguishes the former from the latter.  I could go tell people I am talking to spirits when really I am just hearing stuff from my own head.  Not that there is anything wrong with either possibility, just how would one really tell the difference and tell they are indeed a medium and not just someone like myself who is just in tune with their own unconscious.  There is nothing wrong with either in my opinion, nothing wrong with just being in tune with your own unconscious and hearing your dream characters and other stuff in your head.  Nothing wrong with that at all.  Nothing wrong with being a medium either, just saying how do you differentiate the two experiences which in my opinion are both equally legitimate, just very different.  I can say that with experience I can tell that I don't actually have any sort of powers, my unconscious self just talks to me sometimes but I'm okay with that as well, it's just a bit different than being a medium which was what I thought I was a while back
    A medium is someone who facilitates communication between an individual alive here and another individual ('spirit') who has passed over. 

What you're wondering, I think, is whether what you feel you are hearing is actually from a spirit person (or persons) or whether they're your own thoughts.  That's hard to decide but if you don't learn anything new, anything you didn't already know about, it might be they're just your own thoughts and ideas rolling around.  Of course even if there is something new, something you hadn't thought about before, it might be down to development of your personal awareness or intuition and not necessarily new information from a remote source, a spirit....

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:40 pm

Steve22 wrote:Ok, this is not to say mediumship is not real in any way.  However, as a person who experiences the former on a regular basis, what distinguishes the former from the latter.  I could go tell people I am talking to spirits when really I am just hearing stuff from my own head.  Not that there is anything wrong with either possibility, just how would one really tell the difference and tell they are indeed a medium and not just someone like myself who is just in tune with their own unconscious.  There is nothing wrong with either in my opinion, nothing wrong with just being in tune with your own unconscious and hearing your dream characters and other stuff in your head.  Nothing wrong with that at all.  Nothing wrong with being a medium either, just saying how do you differentiate the two experiences which in my opinion are both equally legitimate, just very different.  I can say that with experience I can tell that I don't actually have any sort of powers, my unconscious self just talks to me sometimes but I'm okay with that as well, it's just a bit different than being a medium which was what I thought I was a while back
    Dream characters?   My most vivid experience?   
    I have placed this post in here many times to prove that spirit do come through to us in necessary times.

My husband passed away 8 years ago with terminal cancer.
    Considering he was a medium,and a very good medium,he came through with relative ease.
    I had examples,very good examples of his mediumship the years we were married.

The final message to me happened 2 days after his death.
    Standing in my daughter's garden by the patio door,mind going round and round,couldn't believe he was gone from me, I heard his voice say 'Hey *****'......A pet name he had for me..... :blush:
    Not only that,I sensed where he was standing....right behind me,hands on my shoulders and standing a little to the right of me and up above me.  He was a 6 footer....

I checked with my daughter who was watching television,asked her if she had heard Ken's voice!   She had heard nothing.
    I asked if there was anything on the telly which may have sounded like his voice.   She replied 'no'.

My one proof that spirit do live on after physical death!

I dream lucid dreams visiting the spirit world,again he is always with me in those dreams.....I am taken to visit the spirit world meeting up with those relatives who have passed over.  The last one was my grandson!  Aged only 35 years.    He passed over with a stroke.
    In this room I am taken to,I have seen most of my relatives who have also passed over....They have also acknowledged me.   Again looking healthy and in their prime.

Husband again by my side.....he seems to be only one to accompany me when I see spirit.....
    jamesdennison2003
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2015-03-27

Post  jamesdennison2003 Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:33 pm

Hey, just seen this teaser online, might be of interest to members, looks very interesting. Its about a developing medium and his life story. The facebook page is very informative too. May help people in their development and also people who have a lot of questions may find answers.

Its called Memoirs of a Medium, its on youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrkpiy-74Cw
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 585
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  RavenMoon Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:35 pm

Spammer above - 
    Moderator please?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon May 11, 2015 1:35 pm

RavenMoon wrote:Spammer above - 
    Moderator please?
    Has he gone?
    reikistar
    reikistar

Number of posts : 70
    Job/hobbies : Reading (fiction and non fiction), blogging, nature watching, dogs, meditation, dreams, reiki and self development.
    Registration date : 2015-05-10

Post  reikistar Mon May 11, 2015 10:21 pm

Hey Steve

I'm interested in your post as I hear voices quite regularly - they come in the form of whispering, usually when I'm half asleep but not always. When I've just woken up I can usually hear them more clearly and even catch a word or too. I've often wondered whether I'm hearing spirit or if the voices stem from my own subconscious. Last night I had the whispering and I distinctly heard the voice 'terrorist.' I've been experiencing a lot of fear lately so it does make me wonder whether it was my subconscious talking to me in symbols, just through language rather than visuals.

Is this how you experience the voices, or some other way? Do you have any thoughts on my experiences at all?

Reikistar
    Carnelian
    Just joined

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2015-05-11

Hearing Inner Voices Vs Mediumship Empty mediumship

Post  Carnelian Tue May 12, 2015 11:51 am

Reikistar there is a difference. Usually when I have contact with spirit it is at my choice, when I choose, and where I choose. It is a different feeling to my inner star, sub-conscious, higher self whatever name. It has a purpose, I am calling in my guides and making a conduit for information. It is like walking into a warm bathroom with the steam all around me and each wisp has a voice, then the matter is to tune in and focus and watch one wisp.
    reikistar
    reikistar

Number of posts : 70
    Job/hobbies : Reading (fiction and non fiction), blogging, nature watching, dogs, meditation, dreams, reiki and self development.
    Registration date : 2015-05-10

Post  reikistar Thu May 14, 2015 10:25 am

Carnelian wrote:Reikistar there is a difference. Usually when I have contact with spirit it is at my choice, when I choose, and where I choose. It is a different feeling to my inner star, sub-conscious, higher self whatever name. It has a purpose, I am calling in my guides and making a conduit for information. It is like walking into a warm bathroom with the steam all around me and each wisp has a voice, then the matter is to tune in and focus and watch one wisp.
    Thank you, this makes a lot of sense to me now when I think about experiences I'd had. There must be a fine line between messages from the subconscious and messages from spirit sometimes though, a bit like dreams?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 2:26 am