Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Negative Meditations

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Negative Meditations Empty Negative Meditations

Post  Violet Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:23 pm

Has anyone experienced any negative effects from meditation or seen or felt anything disturbing during meditation?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Negative Meditations Empty Re: Negative Meditations

Post  shayn Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:52 am

sometimes too much energy and not having a good grounding can give you some headaches...
    if you asking about recieveing a visit from some dark energies? well it is simple, you get what you ask for, and if they come it is only because they had been inveted this way or other.
    why? did you had such an experience?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:47 pm

No i've not experienced anything like that, I just wondered :asmile:

Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:48 pm

are you talking about an astral attack?
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:16 pm

i don't think so, but this is a possible direction to take this topic...
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:20 pm

czardoust wrote:are you talking about an astral attack?

No :asmile: as I don't believe this is possible, I was referring to seeing anything disturbing within a meditation or any negative feelings.

Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.

Post  Carolyn Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:38 pm

ok, i respect that. When I was 18 I had something like this happen. I would slip into a meditative state very easily, sometimes without trying -- every time I went to focus very hard on any thing. I did it once when I was arm wrestling (sounds crazy, but I also used to do it while washing dishes or mowing the lawn). When I found myself in the zone of the meditative state I found I was met by a rather heavy presence, over bearing, threatening. It lunged its energy towards me and I \"heard\" in my head, an audible pop sound, and there was a cooling sensation, everything went red and I lost my hearing, fainted. When I came to, my sense of smell was gone and the left corner of my mouth dropped. I was rushed to the ER, dr said I had TIA, and kept me hospitalized for 5 days running all kinds of tests. Nothing was found, except I had had this thing, this TIA, and no one knew why because I was in perfect health. I regained my sense of smell when I was 22.

I could smack myself til my dying days for being so naive, knowing what I know now. BTW I've been instructing people in astral defense ever since.

Last edited by czardoust on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forget to add some things)
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:41 pm

No Negative Meditations 28115 as I don't believe this is possible, I was referring to seeing anything disturbing within a meditation or any negative feelings.[/quote]

something disturbing in meditation as like?? the death angel? or just signs that are unclear for you at the moment and may be revealed later on? uncomfortable feelings? as extreem cold or heat?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:02 pm

czardoust wrote:ok, i respect that. When I was 18 I had something like this happen. I would slip into a meditative state very easily, sometimes without trying -- every time I went to focus very hard on any thing. I did it once when I was arm wrestling (sounds crazy, but I also used to do it while washing dishes or mowing the lawn). When I found myself in the zone of the meditative state I found I was met by a rather heavy presence, over bearing, threatening. It lunged its energy towards me and I \"heard\" in my head, an audible pop sound, and there was a cooling sensation, everything went red and I lost my hearing, fainted. When I came to, my sense of smell was gone and the left corner of my mouth dropped. I was rushed to the ER, dr said I had TIA, and kept me hospitalized for 5 days running all kinds of tests. Nothing was found, except I had had this thing, this TIA, and no one knew why because I was in perfect health. I regained my sense of smell when I was 22.

I could smack myself til my dying days for being so naive, knowing what I know now. BTW I've been instructing people in astral defense ever since.

That must have been terrifying, so astral attack is possible Czardoust? It's just that i've heard so much aboout fighting demons and everyone seems to do it every night of the week, I started to suspect these people were merging playstation games with reality, and protection is always wise whatever you believe, there are bad things out there.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:03 pm

shayn wrote:No Negative Meditations 28115 as I don't believe this is possible, I was referring to seeing anything disturbing within a meditation or any negative feelings.

something disturbing in meditation as like?? the death angel? or just signs that are unclear for you at the moment and may be revealed later on? uncomfortable feelings? as extreem cold or heat?[/quote]

Basically seeing or feeling anything which disturbs or scares you shayn.

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth

Post  1antique Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:21 pm

For those of us who have no idea what a TIA is.....

TIA - Transient ischemic attack

A transient ischemic attack (TIA) is an episode in which a person has stroke -like symptoms for less than 24 hours, usually less than 1-2 hours.
    A TIA is often considered a warning sign that a true stroke may happen in the future if something is not done to prevent it.
    Symptoms

A TIA is different than a small stroke. The symptoms of TIAs do not last as long as a stroke. However, the symptoms of TIA are the same as a stroke and include the sudden development of:

• Confusion
    • Eye pain
    • Facial paralysis
    • Falling (caused by weakness in the legs)
    • Gait changes, staggering
    • Lack of coordination
    • Loss of balance
    • Numbness, tingling, changes in sensation
    • Sensation that the person or the room is moving (vertigo)
    • Speech difficulty (garbled speech; slurred speech)
    • Weakness, heavy feeling of in the arms or legs
    • Vision changes

• Loss of vision in one eye
      • Decreased vision
      • Double vision

Symptoms begin suddenly, last only a short time (from a few minutes to 24 hours), and disappear completely. They may occur again at a later time. Symptoms usually occur on the same side of the body if more than one body part is involved.

https://www.google.com/health/ref/Transient+ischemic+attack
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:39 pm

For many years I have dealt with attacks by negative entities. It is not just the 'good' entities that are drawn to the bright light of Lightworkers, but the 'bad' also....like moths to the flame.

Everything in the universe must be in balance to exist. Without balance, all would cease to exist. Think of a galaxy without the balancing effect of the gravity caused by a black hole...the centrifical force would cause it to fly apart. On a smaller scale, think of a solar system. Without the balancing effect of gravity, it, too, would fly apart. So must it be with all things. For every up, there is a down. For every good, there is a bad. This is the Yin and the Yang. The cosmic forces always fighting, and forever balanced.

As with all other things, the spirit world must be balanced by positive and negative - good and bad. And, following this line of thinking, just as the good/positive attempt to help a person to grow and flourish, so must the bad/negative attempt to stunt that growth and cause the physical to wither and die.

I agree that we must use our discernment to decide what is right and what is wrong, but we cannot deny that, if good exists, so must bad. As such, we must accept that we must protect ourselves against this bad - and any negative effects/attacks that may come from it.

I have heard from many how they used to fight these negative entities, but, decided that they did not exist, and ceased having any problems with them. To these, I can only say one thing: why would any entity waste their time battling against something that was no longer a threat? Just because you are ignoring/denying does not make something go away.

Does the moth fly toward a light that is turned out? No. So, why would a negative entity be attracted to someone who has covered their light? Uncover your Light and let it shine.

Last edited by 1antique on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:14 pm

We're going to have to have a 'Post of the week/month' section, i've been thinking about if for a while now, and that's another excellent post Allen and thank you too for the info on TIA :hugz:

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:23 pm

Thank you Negative Meditations 160943
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:32 pm

For every up, there is a down. For every good, there is a bad. I wholeheartedly agree with this

As with all other things, the spirit world must be balanced by positive and negative - good and bad. And, following this line of thinking, just as the good/positive attempt to help a person to grow and flourish, so must the bad/negative attempt to stunt that growth and cause the physical to wither and die.

Hmmm I think sometimes the bad and negative can cause more positive growth than the good and positive
    I agree that we must use our discernment to decide what is right and what is wrong, but we cannot deny that, if good exists, so must bad.
    Very true we can't have one without the other
    As such, we must accept that we must protect ourselves against this bad - and any negative effects/attacks that may come from it.

I think sometimes you can become too concerned about protection and sheild yourself not only from bad forces but things that you need to feel and experience too, I for example only protect when I feel the need to, not as routine, some may see this as foolhardy perhaps and I'd always recommend oprotection to others as none of us knows fully exactly what is lurking out there

Some walk round so wrapped in protection they can't be feeling anything (just my opinion)

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:50 pm

Violet said
    Hmmm I think sometimes the bad and negative can cause more positive growth than the good and positive

Yes, I agree that we do seem to learn quicker from the negative than the positive (a failing of humanity, maybe?) Which do we learn quicker from...a cold burner or a hot one? Without knowing that the hot burner can burn you, do you ever TRUELY know that it will? We have become a society of doubters. It seems as if we must experience the negative to believe and understand that it DOES exist...and we seem to catch on VERY quickly once it does happen.

Violet said:
    I think sometimes you can become too concerned about protection and sheild yourself not only from bad forces but things that you [b]need to feel and experience too, I for example only protect when I feel the need to, not as routine, some may see this as foolhardy perhaps and I'd always recommend oprotection to others as none of us knows fully exactly what is lurking out there

Some walk round so wrapped in protection they can't be feeling anything (just my opinion)

Yes, too often we become wrapped up in fear of all things around us. When this happens, the first thing we do is wrap ourselves in the strongest protection we are able...be it inside a home, a car, clothing, or shielding. We do keep ourselves from encountering the bad, but also block out much of the good that comes our way.

Think of it this way....we all know that if you expose yourself to the cold for too long, you will suffer hypothermia and possibly die. But, at the same time, what a joy it is to walk out in the snow with little on and feel the flakes landing softly on your body?

Or, on the opposite extreme....the joy of feeling the soft rays of the sun bathing your body in it's warm glow....only to discover later that you enjoyed that warm glow a little too long and are now burnt to a crisp?

So it is with protection. To wrap yourself up tightly only denies you the chance to experience all the good things that may come your way. BUT....going without any, or going too long with too little, and you are inviting the negative to affect you.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:57 pm

Yes, I agree that we do seem to learn quicker from the negative than the positive (a failing of humanity, maybe?) Which do we learn quicker from...a cold burner or a hot one? Without knowing that the hot burner can burn you, do you ever TRUELY know that it will? We have become a society of doubters. It seems as if we must experience the negative to believe and understand that it DOES exist...and we seem to catch on VERY quickly once it does happen.
    Yeah I hear you Allen, I don't doubt it exists I experienced something I can only describe as very bad once, but I do know of others who have experienced pure evil, I think everyone should exercise caution with any spiritual work, or anything else for that matter but not to the point where you are terrified.

Yes, too often we become wrapped up in fear of all things around us. When this happens, the first thing we do is wrap ourselves in the strongest protection we are able...be it inside a home, a car, clothing, or shielding. We do keep ourselves from encountering the bad, but also block out much of the good that comes our way.

Think of it this way....we all know that if you expose yourself to the cold for too long, you will suffer hypothermia and possibly die. But, at the same time, what a joy it is to walk out in the snow with little on and feel the flakes landing softly on your body?

Or, on the opposite extreme....the joy of feeling the soft rays of the sun bathing your body in it's warm glow....only to discover later that you enjoyed that warm glow a little too long and are now burnt to a crisp?

So it is with protection. To wrap yourself up tightly only denies you the chance to experience all the good things that may come your way. BUT....going without any, or going too long with too little, and you are inviting the negative to affect you.

I agree with this too it makes complete sense

Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female

Post  Carolyn Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:46 am

Allen, vertigo is on the TIA list. I also saw on the definition that the symptoms last 24 hrs. From age 18 to 22, that was a long 24 hrs. Negative Meditations 797210 My mom actually has a old photo of me taken when I was 20, and I'm smiling, and you can see the one corner of my mouth trying to curl up but looking nothing like the other side. I remember the first smell lol.... I was very pregnant with my oldest child and I was cooking spaghetti, and I went in the next room and grabbed my Mom, drug her in the kitchen and started jumping up and down saying "OMG, do you smell that???? I can SMELL THAT!!!" Negative Meditations 331509 and it smelled so good that I instantly wanted to eat a whole bottle of oregano -- didn't, but wanted to. (Pregnancy cravings, gotta love em).

I tell people who want to dive into the astral world, that Lightwork, meditation, doing readings, etc, is just like swimming in the ocean or in a lake at night....most people (numb headed people like me not included) before they ever go swimming at night, learn how to strap on the life preserver and how to signal for help. Think about it, what is the first thing a person looks for if they are on a boat at night, or for some reason, bobbing in the ocean or lake.....they look for the biggest source of light they can find, usually a blinking buoy or a lighthouse near by. You realize right away that not only does it draw you to safety but it also draws every insect, water snake, and skin-nibbling fish for 10 miles.

That analogy sounds cute but it describes the astral world perfectly. In the astral...where we are when we dream... meditate...pray...do Lightwork of any kind...do readings... channel... heal, etc.... we are the one looking for The Light Source, but we are also a Source of Light. Any one remember 9/11? Were you busy doing Lightwork that week???? (raising hand, waving) Did any of you all ever get the feeling of being a blue light special from K-Mart? The light turns on down isle 9, and the loud speaker says "For the next 10 minutes only, all Men's slacks are 75% off! Come and get yours before the special runs out." And whoosh, the herd of people come rushing towards that blue beaconing light. First thing that happens is you are run over with the energy from all of these other sources.

Thats why we need astral shielding/protection.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:31 am

Thank you for that analogy, Carolyn! That fits perfectly!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:32 am